Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? (10223 Views)

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Logicboy Has Been An Altar Boy At The Papal Church For 22 Years / Modern Day Christianity - An Altar To Self Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by laivwire(m): 8:47am On Aug 11, 2013
Im not against altar calls but Im curious about the 'you must step forward' part. Cant you give your life in your room personally? I'm a practicing born again christian but I need some clarification on this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Joagbaje(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2013
People get born again in different ways. God appeared to some alone in their room. Those are spectacular cases . God ordained salvation to be wrought through preaching . So the altar call is necessary in church . Peter made altar call and thousands have their life to christ . It doesn't have to be called altar call . It's just a religious name . I can lead people to christ in the plane, train or hotel lobby , even in the bedroom or by the road side . Altar call simply means to lead men in prayer of salvation .so it's necessary to have someone lead the other in salvation .

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

10 Likes

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 11, 2013
You can give your life to Christ anywhere. It can be through different means. All you need is to be sincere and believe that Jesus is Lord and God raised him from the dead. You must have a repentant spirit. I've heard of people being led to Christ in different ways...its does not have to be an alter call. What God looks out for is your heart and not the very words you say.

3 Likes

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2013
being born again is an attitude. they're people who respond to alter calls almost every crusade they attend. what are they?

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by k2039: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2013
I didn't respond to any altar call when I got saved. I had a personal encounter with God (more like God found me). Nobody led me to God. God led me to Himself.

So you don't have to respond to a altar call to be saved.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by AmiableJay(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2013
No.
Eish 6th to comment.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by kennyonthrone(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2013
A BIG HELL TO D NO
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Iceslizer(f): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2013
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by jmoore(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2013
No. You can give your life to Jesus anywhere.

One of the main reasons for altar call is to identify the "babies" in christ and plan a programme for them to grow spirtually

4 Likes

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Ibangap(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2013
My issue is not really d altar call, my issue is; can somone really be saved by repeatin dos few lines of words by d pastor becos he was asked to? Cos pastors dis days happen to preach about prosperity and aquiring wealth thru out d sermon, and then jus ask 'who wants to give his/her life to christ' jus for d sake of it. Without first preaching abt repentance and salvation and d consequences of doin evil so as to make d hearers of d sermon take a sober reflection at their lives and feel remorse if he or she was an evil doer. My point; i doubt if there are goin to be any genuine repentant sinner coming out to say dos words nd be saved witout clear conviction jus because d pastor asked them to say so.

11 Likes

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by djeezy(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2013
No! It's not a prerequisite that it must be in the open. You can become born again anywhere, even in the bus or your room. Most people decline alter call for various reasons. Your life becomes open for scrutiny. "Abi no the that boy wey come out for alter call? Look at him now", lol.

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Linoversace: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2013
undecided undecided

Most of them get altar? undecided
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Jesuspikin87(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2013
No (Full Stop)
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by EbirichBen(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2013
Am Just Passing Byeeeeeeeee. Alter Na Where? Am Only Booking my Space. See You Guys After Service.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by alphaconde(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2013
Pick out the odd word
baptism, repentance, born again and rigtheousness.
Answer Born again

I don't bliv in the phrase born again.

When u discover u r not living right amend ur ways and beg for forgiveness. Don't wait to be called to the altar or administered some prayers

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Adex097: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2013
I don't fink so.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by anthoniosp(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2013
yesso!!! if you want fine babes to follow u as brother in the lord !!Abi no b so ? Rcf talk na say na agrresive envangwlism grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by doofanc: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2013
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation Rom 10:10

I think the above portion is clear enough. Answering the alter call is demonstration of faith and it also sends a powerful message to satan that one is no longer in his camp. But it NOT a must for salvation.

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by justsayemma(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2013
angry[quote angry author=Yungwizzzy]being born again is an attitude. they're people who respond to alter calls almost every crusade they attend. what are they?[/quote]

Alternator >:
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2013
churchgoers and their unending hypocrisy.......dayummm
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2013
This has been an issue I ve never discussed but ve be going on in my mind. Being bornagain is a personal decision so I think I don't hve to respond to an alter calls to be born again. Instead I think u r just exposing urself to preying eyes.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by doofanc: 11:02am On Aug 11, 2013
alpha conde: Pick out the odd word
baptism, repentance, born again and rigtheousness.
Answer Born again

I don't bliv in the phrase born again.

When u discover u r not living right amend ur ways and beg for forgiveness. Don't wait to be called to the altar or administered some prayers

read John 3:3-9
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Pdizzle(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2013
iamlegend: You can give your life to Christ anywhere. It can be through different means. All you need is to be sincere and believe that Jesus is Lord and God raised him from the dead. You must have a repentant spirit. I've heard of people being led to Christ in different ways...its does not have to be an alter call. What God looks out for is your heart and not the very words you say.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by crackhaus: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2013
If you aren't shy, ashamed or probably too self-conscious, responding to an alter call is one way to prove how serious you are about becoming one with God. On the other hand, it is now also done for show by most people - they go back to their old ways right after said alter call.

It's just a personal thing
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by doofanc: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2013
dvdon: This has been an issue I ve never discussed but ve be going on in my mind. Being bornagain is a personal decision so I think I don't hve to respond to an alter calls to be born again. Instead I think u r just exposing urself to preying eyes.

I'm not sure what you mean by preying eyes here, but I said previously, the public declaration sends a powerful symbolic message that one is taking a stand for Christ.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by IboBoyNuel(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2013
no...it z not a must..buh alter call is just lyk a guide..

must you go to school to learn mechanical engineering? NO

if u r very intelligent u will learn it with time buh u hv to go to school to learn it faster and b guided in some part u cant understand properly

so it is not a must u go for alter call..but since d pastor or minister or anybody dah calld for d alter call has more knowledge dan u, tz adviced to go
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by ceeceeco: 11:11am On Aug 11, 2013
I still can't fathom d reason 4 dis. 1 thin' i don't accept is havin' a pastor layin' his hand on my forehead, cos they might end up takin' ur gift or either possess u. U can neva tell, we just need 2 b careful/prayerful cos they're alot of fetish powers in churches 2day.

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by anthoniosp(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2013
Alter call ?? Okay dat tin dat mountain of fire will say dat u shld fom and lie down near offering box okay okay okay i now get it !!! Bt shey dey will start calling u prayer papa na ?
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Orikinla(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2013
No.
Conversion or repentance is between you and God.
I have seen those who openly answered the altar call and later ended up a rogues and even ra-ping young women and the girls still cheating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? / Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? / How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.