Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? (14726 Views)

Ladies, Would You Like To Marry A Good Cook? / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by nwadaigbo: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
what an unteachable fellow.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by kcpragmatik(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
I guess her mom never cooked for dem.....due respect!
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by chymystique(f): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
gentlechyke:
not everyone has to marry to have a companion nd for reproduction;adoption is an option

y waste time and money to get married if adoption is an option ... Hmmmm
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by gentlechyke(m): 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^am nt married yet.so still considering
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by kidaberry(f): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
life_style: Please op I have a question for you....

Did you ''court'' with your wife before marrying her ?

If you wife can't cook then so what? Must u put i n an onlyn forum 2 disgrace her, For a wise man this is an issue u would disclose and solve with the help of ur mom and the girls mom or your relatives but doing something like this I don't agree with dat well it's ur own perspective.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Joeadamxx(m): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Cooking is about interest. Some people have it, some don't. Go out to eat sometimes and cook when you can. In other words, don't expect a miracle
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elohorayodele: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
victorv12: @ayodele Girl or wife, it's all thesame! How will a married woman doesn't know anything about cooking? If the kids are hungry, who's going to attend to them? Thesame goes to a guy that's in love with a girl too... I think any right thinking civil minded guy won't settle down with such a lady! It's an eye sour or taboo for any man that's wife can't cook. That man should go and hang himself!

Bros eh! U harsh sha. Tk am easy jor. Its happened alredy n its nt a hopeless situ, she can def stil learn
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by lifestyle1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
*kida-berry#:
If you wife can't cook then so what? Must u put i n an onlyn forum 2 disgrace her, For a wise man this is an issue u would disclose and solve with the help of ur mom and the girls mom or your relatives but doing something like this I don't agree with dat well it's ur own perspective.

I'm not the OP. angry
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Just send her back to her father's house for 3 months to learn again. All these private university girls and not being able to cook. SMH
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
*kida-berry#:
You must be a lesbian.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by WSSmith: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
I strongly believe I will be walking out of this marriage soon - f**k whatever any body says or goddamn family meetings.
Its been 4 years and I have exhausted all I can for this woman to learn to cook still its not working. I have brought in professional cooks from Oriental and Eko Hotel, sent her to catering school, personally tried to teach her to do it still no response. This is enough for me to divorce, I swear. It now boils down to big boy like me going to market to buy soup stuff because she just cant buy the right things, I was not brought up to do kitchen stuff but now I dey cook soup like iya basira (mama put). After I don work for office finish, I will come home, take off tie and suit and enter kitchen begin cook like house girl, using ingredients I bought from market last weekend. My mama no go hear this one, if I talk am for family na that night everything go scatter. Na to siddon dey press remote control this woman sabi. She doesnt know my plans, I don dey find accomodation; Walahi one day, I go from work waka enter my new house, just started by flinging that f**king, useless ring away - I had worn the sh*t for so long with no benefit; very soon she no go see me again, nothing will make me return, I'll just ensure child support for my baby. Oloshi!!!

I feel ur pain bruv, these women with no home training!
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by WSSmith: 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
Joeadamxx: Cooking is about interest. Some people have it, some don't. Go out to eat sometimes and cook when you can. In other words, don't expect a miracle

I have an affinity for a good food and the giver. Man no dey serve me and I no fit chop food from someone that's not clean. Go out to eat is not the best advice for a married man, one way to a man's heart is his belly, his food.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by hopedavid(f): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
she should visit allnigerianrecipes.com and study all the steps and videos. i guarantee u she would be a good cook in a short while. God bless ur marriage
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by damiso(f): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
WS. Smith:
I strongly believe I will be walking out of this marriage soon - f**k whatever any body says or goddamn family meetings.
Its been 4 years and I have exhausted all I can for this woman to learn to cook still its not working. I have brought in professional cooks from Oriental and Eko Hotel, sent her to catering school, personally tried to teach her to do it still no response. This is enough for me to divorce, I swear. It now boils down to big boy like me going to market to buy soup stuff because she just cant buy the right things, I was not brought up to do kitchen stuff but now I dey cook soup like iya basira (mama put). After I don work for office finish, I will come home, take off tie and suit and enter kitchen begin cook like house girl, using ingredients I bought from market last weekend. My mama no go hear this one, if I talk am for family na that night everything go scatter. Na to siddon dey press remote control this woman sabi. She doesnt know my plans, I don dey find accomodation; Walahi one day, I go from work waka enter my new house, just started by flinging that f**king, useless ring away - I had worn the sh*t for so long with no benefit; very soon she no go see me again, nothing will make me return, I'll just ensure child support for my baby. Oloshi!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Funpeter: 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
banttieman: You must be a lesbian.
pls check your mail i jst PM you
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 02, 2013
Is this for real??

damiso:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by damiso(f): 1:07am On Sep 02, 2013
jidegirl12: Is this for real??

Jidegirl you know I support a woman cooking for her family,but that bros harsh gan o. lipsrsealed He must be really upset lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 02, 2013
damiso:

Jidegirl you know I support a woman cooking for her family,but that bros harsh gan o. lipsrsealed He must be really upset lipsrsealed

grin grin

He's pissed lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Pointnoire(m): 3:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Good Cooks are Born and not made !!The talent may be hidden but would unravel when the opportunity presents itself.if your wife no fit cook surely she would compensate with other skills. grin grin
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ayobarmy(m): 3:38am On Sep 02, 2013
Hnnnmmmm, 9ralanders, u guys are just great people, i must confess, in as much as some post gets me cracked up, and some gets me more confused. But the thing is, To those guys who think courting will make them know thier woman, they should pls think twice so as not to be sitting on a long thing. While courting my wife, (2yrs) my father said something i never believed until now, that "NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU LEAVE WITH A WOMAN, YOU CAN NEVER KNOW HER TO THE END" I have my sisters all around my while i was a bachelor and they liked her even more than me at some point, so anytime she come around she cooked for me but i never knew its with the help of my younger ones, and we dont do the everyday cooking thing, we cook in large quantity and store in the fridge..... So for those asking if we date, yes for over two years+two years of friendship because she was my best friend.., So after considering all the options you good guys/gals have giving me, i am thinking of getting a cook/alase to come teach her at home, but my fear is she might be thinking am dating her, because her middle name is "jealousy" Though i might be the cause oooo, since she knew i WAS a sharp bad guy....if you knw what i mean.... And for those blamming we African Men that we dont cook, its not our fault, here in Africa or let me say Nigeria we work for longer hours to make that cash on like overseas where you work for less hours, how can i leave my house 6am-10pm and still expect me to go to the kitchen, haba you wan kill me?? Thanks
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by nahinbdis: 5:47am On Sep 02, 2013
^^^^ Knowing how she is, this solution may not work best for her.

People generally thrive better when they find their own solutions. Your job is to point her in the right direction. Since you already know what her response will be, why don't you ask her to go out and choose her own Alase? The Ibos have a saying that reads like he that brings maggot infested wood into his house should not complain when visited by ants.

Last words... if you are bringing anyone to the house to help your wife, let the choice of the individual be hers to make.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by paslinda: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2013
Bro I understand what u re passing thru, u can register her in any of the catering schls around and also during weekends and public holidays u do the cooking together by so doing, u will tell her how and when to put different ingredients to arrive at ur desired taste. Pls don't bring another woman into the home to teach her it will bring problem cause she may start thinking another way and the woman u want to bring will start feeling fly. Pls bro I am a woman and u knw we see thing from another perspective.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by MARKREN: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Send her back to her parents to learn;Any lady that cant cook to "keep her husband in the house" in my opinion can't keep a family together; what is she going to teach her kids..............................
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by badesco(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2013
You ought to be ashamed of yourself if not you come online to wash your dirty linen publicly. Is your a minor? i mean an under aged.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Vivyangel: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Wat has being sexy got 2 do wit knwin hw 2 cook.D best way 2 a man's heart is tru his stomach.so OP teachin d wife hw 2 cook isnt smtin back.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Finestlex(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
Samelfisha: End time tinz grin

no wrry bro she will learn, time will tellwink
are you stupid or something.... If you have nothing to say, shut the Bleep up... What has end times got to do with this. By the way what's end time? Balderdash
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Finestlex(m): 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Samelfisha: End time tinz grin

no wrry bro she will learn, time will tellwink
are you stupid or something.... If you have nothing to say, shut the fu*ck up... What has end times got to do with this. By the way what's end time? Balderdash
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by notinmege: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Just be applying pepper in her eyes and she will wake up if u're tired of teaching her, lol! (joking shaa)
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Bawss1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
omiobo: I ate the worst soup of my life yesterday. After being away from for 5days,my wife decided to welcome me with a food without maggi and salt. I was mad but I couldn't show it her that I was mad because of the tasteless soup. When I couldn't hold it anymore,I asked her what are the things missing in that soup. She laughed,and said maybe it's crazyfish,oh! Sorry crayfish. I said no that this is beyond crayfish. She laughed again and said salt and maggi.
Imagine a soup without salt and maggi. I asked her why. She said maggi and salt make one old on time. See me see wahala. See wetin beauty tips wan do my wife.

@Op,meself like good food,yesterday I know how u dey feel. You go continue to dey teach her. It takes time to be a great cook.

You knocked me off with" worst soup of my life" cheesy LOL
Good food is an essential part of living good. My heart goes out to guys like you.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by kidaberry(f): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
banttieman: You must be a lesbian.
Yes just lyk ur Mother
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by RealJenny(f): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
WS. Smith:

Eyah pele but don't divorce her so soon. Why not try taking her to the market along with you so she learns how to buy stuff and teach her personally, make it fun and easy.. Tell her how strongly you feel and maybe she might take it seriously, give her a little time biko
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by kcpragmatik(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
coolyu know how in university....sme courses are pre-requisite to a higher course code....
So is COOKING to african-marriage!...
She 'F' d course...so she gast pend marriage!...c'est fini

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Make Yummy Chin Chin, Detailed Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today? / How Much Is A Plate Of Food In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.