Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? (2218 Views)

Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin / Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / Why Are Jews Not Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by DEGREE2466(m): 7:09am On Aug 12, 2013
I know that the apostles were called christian because they were followers of christ.

But some people have argued so much that catholics are not christians. Some said it is a modernized idolatory even when they celebrate mass and easter which is the rememberance of the death and passion of our lord Jesus Christ which Jesus himself has ordered us to do in memory of him.

If after all this, people still argue that they are not christians then what are they?
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by k2039: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2013
Catholics are christians o. Just that Protestants seem to have issues with their doctrines and traditions.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by onuwaje(m): 7:41am On Aug 12, 2013
Aside from doctrines and belief which I criticize very mush... I wud say... They are christians but with their doctrines I don't c 'em as one (no offence to all my catholic folks out there)
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Christianity is not a religion..

The word CHRISTIAN was coined before dictionaries were invented.

Christian according to the Bible means Christ-like..

Meaning if you go to church always and you do not live your life like Christ, you're just wasting your time, your leisure time.

I don't know if there are other definitions for Christian..
But hey, everyone is entitle to his/her own definition..

But God is not a God of confusion such that he'll permit some to worship Mary, others, 7th adventist, some to believe in hell, while others don't, some to hate sin, while others would even ordain a chronic drunkard as deacon.

Ahahha...
That you're not a Muslim doesn't make you a Christian.
Only God knows the REAL Christians!

1 Like

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by enilove(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2013
Did Jesus ask us to celebrate his birth and death?

What kind of celebration were we ordered by Jesus to perform?

Luke 22:13-19 KJV
And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. [14] And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. [15] And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: [16] For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. [17] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: [18] For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it , and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

You are not a Christian by participating in easter or christmas but by doing the will and commandment of God.

Do you realise that the images of Jesus Christ,holy Mary and others in any church is a sin b4 God?
Read this;
Leviticus 26:1-3 KJV
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God. [2] Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord . [3] If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them......

Exodus 20:4 KJV
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The danger is that you cannot serve God in the house of the devil.
As long as those images are put in those places, anyone who goes their to worship, worships idols .

God is a Spirit and must be worshipped in truth and in the spirit.

That is my opinion and belief.

4 Likes

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2013
enilove:
You are not a Christian by participation in easter or christmas but by doing the will and commandment of God.

True. you are not a Christian by participating in easter or christmas, you are still not a Christian by observing the Lord's supper just as it was done in the bible. Even criminals can exhibit or do the will and commandment of God if they want to.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 12, 2013
Zikkyy:

True. you are not a Christian by participating in easter or christmas, you are still not a Christian by observing the Lord's supper just as it was done in the bible. Even criminals can exhibit or do the will and commandment of God if they want to.

Makes no sense..

How can a Criminal do the Will of God?

1 Like

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2013
acidosis™:

Makes no sense..

How can a Criminal do the Will of God?

My post was meant for somebody that focus on the physical. It is not what people see you do that makes you a Christian. Even criminals can carry out similar acts.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2013
Funny people claim catholics are not christians yet they claim christianity is the world's largest religion.Even the bible they use was canonised by the same catholics they call pagans.SMH

The first to come wins the tag.Catholicism and orthodoxy are the oldest forms of christianity in existence today.Together they constitute about 65% of the world christian population.Both christian denominations are more than 90% similar differing only on the authourity of the pope.

The fact that they are the oldest denominations today that use the tag 'christians' should go a long way.You cannot come after more than 1000 years to claim a tag that I have long been using and to think this is done by a minority faction.

1 Like

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2013
@op. no one asked you to celebrate easter, easter was there before christ came i suppose nor did christ tell you to celebrate his birth. memorial of christ's death is not easter.

of course they can be called christians conventionally. that you call yourself christian doesnt mean that christ recognize you as such. by there fruit we know the true christians, there conduct and teachings.

there is no two faiths, there is only one true christians cos God can never be with two contradictory beliefs. God's kingdom is not divided against itself. never! so search out for the true christians with ur bible.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by lacum: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
JMAN05: @op. no one asked you to celebrate easter, easter was there before christ came i suppose nor did christ tell you to celebrate his birth. memorial of christ's death is not easter.

of course they can be called christians conventionally. that you call yourself christian doesnt mean that christ recognize you as such. by there fruit we know the true christians, there conduct and teachings.

there is no two faiths, there is only one true christians cos God can never be with two contradictory beliefs. God's kingdom is not divided against itself. never! so search out for the true christians with ur bible.
if i may ask, what church do u worship?
because i know dat all d many protestant and penticostal churches in d world preach diff doctrines. so there is not just two contradictry doctrines but many.
that u dong blive in catholic church does not make it less xtian. and xtianity cannot do without d catholic church because everything u know about God as a xtian was preserved and thought by that church. its just like saying that ur dad is not d real jman(if thats ur surname) just because ur not in good terms with him. ur church is even less xtian thAn d catholic church
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
chukwudi44:
The first to come wins the tag.Catholicism and orthodoxy are the oldest forms of christianity in existence today.Together they constitute about 65% of the world christian population.

Since the first wins the tag, according to you.
Lucifer is the oldest form of "christianity" in existence..
He was formerly an arch angel in heaven, remember?

He's older than the oldest Catholic you can think of..
And his followers constitute the '65%' in addition with about 30% of the world's population...

You know what, he care less about the titles.. the religion you practise...

Once you fail a commandment God gave to you and the rule of becoming a son of God, you automatically become his (Satan), but that doesn't stop you from hanging the rosary and attending fellowships.. smiley
He (Satan) knows all the catholic incantations and all verses in the Bible.. smiley
and his songs..?? omg, he was formerly a choirmaster in heaven!! You'll dance till you forget your name (ask Michael Jackson and Davido)..
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
chukwudi44:
The first to come wins the tag.Catholicism and orthodoxy are the oldest forms of christianity in existence today.Together they constitute about 65% of the world christian population.

And his followers constitute the '65%' in addition with about 30% of the world's population...

Once you fail a commandment God gave to you and the rule of becoming a son of God, you automatically become his (Satan), but that doesn't stop you from hanging the rosary and attending fellowships.. smiley
He (Satan) knows all the catholic incantations and all verses in the Bible.. smiley
and his songs..?? omg, he was formerly a choirmaster in heaven!! You'll dance till you forget your name (ask Michael Jackson and Davido)..
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
JMAN05:
@op. no one asked you to celebrate easter, easter was there before christ came.......

Are you saying peeps been celebrating Christ's death/resurrection long before Christ came shocked can you provide some facts to back up this claim, cos some of us are not aware.

JMAN05:
.......i suppose nor did christ tell you to celebrate his birth.

Did Christ say it was a sin to celebrate his birth? it's probably men like you that labeled the celebration a sin?

JMAN05:
that you call yourself christian doesnt mean that christ recognize you as such. by there fruit we know the true christians, there conduct and teachings.

Mr. JMAN05, what is the fruit you expect of a true Christian?

this is one reason i stated in my first post that even criminals can (by their actions) show they are doing the will of God. Not all pagans/criminals celebrate christmas, easter. That is not to say they are Christians. Criminals also go to church, speak in tongue, pays tithe, sing hallelujah to the Lord, help the needy. Criminals can pastor a church and teach the bible (preaching against celebrations like easter, Christmas e.t.c since that's what people like you want to hear), and that will not make them Christians.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
acidosis™:

Bros satan was and has never been a christian.Arch Angel Lucifer fell about 4000 years before the advent of christianity.Christianity was born on Easter sunday in the year 33AD.

Catholicism and orthodoxy remains the oldest form of christianity in existence today.The canonisation of the christian bible and its delineation into chapters was done by catholics.Fas forward 1000 years ater and an ignoranus has the effrontery to posty a thread here saying catholics are not christians.You want to reap where you do not sow.You are saying 1.5billion out of the world 2.2billion catholics are not christians!!

2 Likes

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by turnstoner(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
can people who believe that Adam and Eve never existed, agree with the theory of evolution and the big-bang theory be Christians?
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by BERNIMOORE: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
chukwudi44: Funny people claim catholics are not christians yet they claim christianity is the world's largest religion.Even the bible they use was canonised by the same catholics they call pagans.SMH

The first to come wins the tag.Catholicism and orthodoxy are the oldest forms of christianity in existence today.Together they constitute about 65% of the world christian population.Both christian denominations are more than 90% similar differing only on the authourity of the pope.

The fact that they are the oldest denominations today that use the tag 'christians' should go a long way.You cannot come after more than 1000 years to claim a tag that I have long been using and to think this is done by a minority faction.

[size=14pt]Catholic church is the largest, and oldest, but does being part of it guarantees life?[/size]

Matthew 7:13-19

13 “Enter through the narrow gate For [size=14pt]wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it[/size] 14 But [size=14pt]small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.[/size]

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16[size=14pt] By their fruit you will recognize them.[/size] Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise,[size=14pt] every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.[/size] 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, [size=14pt]by their fruit you will recognize them.[/size]
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ Lucum

<<if i may ask, what church do u worship?
because i know dat all d many protestant and penticostal churches in d world preach diff doctrines. so there is not just two contradictry doctrines but many.>>

JW. I dont belong to the many contradictory doctrines of those many protestant churches you mentioned. I can even add you among them since your church do interfaith with them.

<< that u dong blive in catholic church does not make it less xtian.>>

anybody can claim to be a christian as far as they clain to follow the footstep of christ. like i said before, that doesnt mean that Christ recognize them as such. their fruit helps us very well.

<<and xtianity cannot do without d catholic church because everything u know about God as a xtian was preserved and thought by that church. its just like saying that ur dad is not d real jman(if thats ur surname) just because ur not in good terms with him. >>

a) I appreciate ur saying that apostle Paul, Peter, James etc knew nothing about God until catholic came on board after their death. because xtianity started with them. isnt that hilarious?

b) name one thing catholic preserved for the apostles or even later xtians.

<<ur church is even less xtian thAn d catholic church>>

Can you prove it from the bible?
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

[size=14pt]Catholic church is the largest, and oldest, but does being part of it guarantees life?[/size]

Matthew 7:13-19

13 “Enter through the narrow gate For [size=14pt]wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it[/size] 14 But [size=14pt]small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.[/size]

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16[size=14pt] By their fruit you will recognize them.[/size] Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise,[size=14pt] every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.[/size] 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, [size=14pt]by their fruit you will recognize them.[/size]

All this bible quotations you just gave here what has it got to do with this topic or the catholic church?

You agree that the catholic church is the largest and oldest church church in the world yet you question if they should be called christians?

Even the biblical scriptures you are quoting who canonised it and included it in the bible?
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=Zikkyy]

<<Are you saying peeps been celebrating Christ's death/resurrection long before Christ came shocked can you provide some facts to back up this claim, cos some of us are not aware.>>

sory for you. easter was never invented nor did it originate with christians. even the name easter is pagan. read the work of a catholic scholar: DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE - Calmet, p. 363. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA Vol
5, pp. 225-227.

<<Did Christ say it was a sin to celebrate his birth? it's probably men like you that labeled the celebration a sin?>>

Did Christ or his apostles tell you to celebrate it? what is the meaning of christian in the first place?

<<Mr. JMAN05, what is the fruit you expect of a true Christian?>>

imitate the step outlined in the bible not imitating pagans.

<<this is one reason i stated in my first post that even criminals can (by their actions) show they are doing the will of God. Not all pagans/criminals celebrate christmas, easter. That is not to say they are Christians. Criminals also go to church, speak in tongue, pays tithe, sing hallelujah to the Lord, help the needy. Criminals can pastor a church and teach the bible (preaching against celebrations like easter, Christmas e.t.c since that's what people like you want to hear), and that will not make them Christians. >>

I said before that christian as we here it today is just a claim and the society is bound to recognise and address you based on your claim, but Christ knows his people and they are not in support of false claims by people.

anyone can use the bible, some can still have good qualities, but they cannot as a group manifest the identities of true christians. at times they interfaith with others which logically means they will be charged with the errors of that group they interfaith with.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Easter has got nothing to do with paganism.It is simply amovable christian feast menat to clebrate the ressurrection of Jesus.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by damerry(m): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ op, i see you bro. One word that justifies all aspersions casted on catholicism is IGNORANCE. anti-catholic Christians of this age are Myopic, they can't see beyond their nose, they all have problems with our doctrine because they have accepted face value and gossips about catholicism hook, line and sinker. if they should delve in into research and understand the bedrock upon which catholicism and its doctrines were founded upon, Christianity would be Perfect! For now it's the so-called Christians criticizing Christians. Peace!
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by BERNIMOORE: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

All this bible quotations you just gave here what has it got to do with this topic or the catholic church?

You agree that the catholic church is the largest and oldest church church in the world yet you question if they should be called christians?

Even the biblical scriptures you are quoting who canonised it and included it in the bible?

comment on bolded below;

Catholic church is the largest, and oldest,[size=14pt] but does being part of it guarantees life?[/size]
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
JMAN05: sory for you. easter was never invented nor did it originate with christians. even the name easter is pagan. read the work of a catholic scholar: DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE - Calmet, p. 363. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA Vol
5, pp. 225-227.

you did not address my concern. Are you now saying pagans been celebrating Christ's resurrection? cos the Easter celebration I know being celebrated by Christians has to do with Christ's resurrection. Or the Catholics told you they are celebrating something else

anyways, if pagans (and I don't mean Catholics) been celebrating Christ's resurrection after Christ I think it's a step in the right direction, meaning there's hope for them.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by BERNIMOORE: 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
can these be true?

i just saw it on the link below, can chukwudi44 refute this?
https://www.nairaland.com/1389739/catholic-cardinal-says-adam-eve/2#17382621

BY: Evil Brain(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11

The same Catholic church that was torturing and burning people alive left, right and centre for over a thousand years until they finally lost political power. The same church that single handedly caused the dark ages in Europe.

The same church whose religious intolerance has virtually wiped out traditional religions in Europe, Africa and South America.
The same church that commissioned the crusades.

The same Catholic church that sanctioned the brutal sacking of Constantinople, a Christian city whose only crime was being a member of the eastern orthodox church.

The same Catholic church that mistreated European Jews for centuries and forced those in Italy to live in ghettos.

The same church that supported Hitler and Mussolini during WW2.

Catholics are victims of persecution,

that's why their priests can råpe children for decades without fear of prosecution and still retire with full pensions even when they are identified by multiple victims.

That's why governments around the world refuse to investigate their shady financial dealings, or prosecute them like the international child molestation ring they are.

That's why their former pope is being allowed to end his days outside of prison despite conclusive proof that he was the head of the conspiracy to cover up child abuse and protect pëdõphile priests. Those poor Catholics. Who is going to save them from all the persecution?!
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by DEGREE2466(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2013
damerry: @ op, i see you bro. One word that justifies all aspersions casted on catholicism is IGNORANCE. anti-catholic Christians of this age are Myopic, they can't see beyond their nose, they all have problems with our doctrine because they have accepted face value and gossips about catholicism hook, line and sinker. if they should delve in into research and understand the bedrock upon which catholicism and its doctrines were founded upon, Christianity would be Perfect! For now it's the so-called Christians criticizing Christians. Peace!

what baffles me the most is that most of these critics were ones catholic but claim now to have seen the light!

1 Like

Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
JMAN05:
Did Christ or his apostles tell you to celebrate it? what is the meaning of christian in the first place?

Did Jesus tell you to build a kingdom hall?

You are avoiding my question. How does rejoicing over the birth of Christ becomes a sin? provide scriptures please.

JMAN05:
imitate the step outlined in the bible not imitating pagans.

By rejoicing or celebrating the birth of Christ, i am imitating pagans are you saying pagans celebrated the birth of Christ?

JMAN05:
I said before that christian as we here it today is just a claim and the society is bound to recognise and address you based on your claim,......

So why are you having difficulty accepting Chukwudi's claim that he is a Christian?

JMAN05:
.....but Christ knows his people and they are not in support of false claims by people.

Good. This what i have been looking forward to reading. You are not in a position to determine/decide who the Christian is. It is truly Christ that knows his people, so don't condemn.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

you did not address my concern. Are you now saying pagans been celebrating Christ's resurrection? cos the Easter celebration I know being celebrated by Christians has to do with Christ's resurrection. Or the Catholics told you they are celebrating something else

anyways, if pagans (and I don't mean Catholics) been celebrating Christ's resurrection after Christ I think it's a step in the right direction, meaning there's hope for them.

and i ask you to trace the origin of easter. if it was a pagan celebration, why should you copy pagan doctrine and allow it to still have a religious position. is that not idolatry?

If you want to celebrate your savior, why must you copy pagan custom and clone it christian?
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=Zikkyy]

<<Did Jesus tell you to build a kingdom hall?>>

Did the apostles have a place of worship?

<<You are avoiding my question. How does rejoicing over the birth of Christ becomes a sin? provide scriptures please.>>

why does rejoicing with a golden calf which you believe represented God offend God?

are you imitating christians or pagans?

2cor. 6:14-16
14 Do not become unevenly yoked *
with unbelievers. + For what fellowship
do righteousness and lawlessness have? +
Or what sharing does light have with
darkness?+ 15 Further, what harmony is
there between Christ and Be′li·al? * + Or
what portion + does a faithful * person
have with an unbeliever? 16 And what
agreement does God’s temple * have
with idols?+ For we are a temple + of a
living God; just as God said: “I shall reside
among them + and walk among [them],
and I shall be their God, and they will be
my people."

<<By rejoicing or celebrating the birth of Christ, i am imitating pagans are you saying pagans celebrated the birth of Christ? >>

are you saying pagans celebrated YHWH with golden calf?

must you copy pagans?

<<So why are you having difficulty accepting Chukwudi's claim that he is a Christian?>>

who is chukwudi?

<<Good. This what i have been looking forward to reading. You are not in a position to determine/decide who the Christian is. It is truly Christ that knows his people, so don't condemn. >>

Thanks. if you see someone who smokes indian hemp and encouraged his congregation to do the same. and he claims to be a christian. what will you do? will you preach to him so as to alert him of his mistake or will you close your mouth so that he will not say you are condemning him?

what if you see a religious group of those you claim they are christians who say that wearing makeup is wrong or that marrying many wives is correct, what will you do if you see them?

Christ knows his people and the bible serves as a measuring metre with which we identify the true christians. so we have the capacity to identify them.

the bible never mentioned the name of the true religion, but there fruit helps us a lot. and it is only loving to alert your friend if you see that his actions are not according to God's word.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by italo: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
"Catholics are not Christians" but all so-called "churches" came out of Catholicism.

They read the Bible it canonized.

Bunch of envious jokers
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by lacum: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
quotin jman05
if i may ask, what church do u worship?
because i know dat all d many protestant
and penticostal churches in d world preach
diff doctrines. so there is not just two
contradictry doctrines but many.
am a catholic
if u agree with me that every other church preach diff doctrine then what is ur problem with the catholic church

anybody can claim to be a christian as far as
they clain to follow the footstep of christ.
like i said before, that doesnt mean that
Christ recognize them as such. their fruit
helps us very well.
then if d catholic church claimed to be xtian, it also mean dat u claimed to b same as well. are u telling me that christ recognized urs and does not recognize the catholic church?

a) I appreciate ur saying that apostle Paul,
Peter, James etc knew nothing about God
until catholic came on board after their
death. because xtianity started with them.
isnt that hilarious?
b) name one thing catholic preserved for the
apostles or even later xtians.
the apostles u mentioned were they penticostals or protestants? that same church of the apostles was later known as d catholic church. after st. peter it was linus who bcame pope and d names are in d bible. if u say otherwise then show me d church of the apostls which jesus promised to build under the rock st. peter. and one great thing the church preaerved is d true faith.

Can you prove it from the bible?
it seems ur a bible fanatic. ur d type dat turn d bible upside down due to ur hatred for the church an insincerity. i wont wast my time. go and read d whole of new testament.
if the catholic church is not a xtian church den there is no xtianity.
Re: If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? by Zikkyy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
JMAN05:
and i ask you to trace the origin of easter.

I got this extract from wikipedia:

"The first Christians, Jewish and Gentile, were certainly aware of the Hebrew calendar,[nb 4] but there is no direct evidence that they celebrated any specifically Christian annual festivals.[39] Christians of Jewish origin were the first to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Since the date of the resurrection was close the timing of Passover, they likely celebrated the resurrection as a new facet of the Passover festival."

am not aware of any other origin of easter. you have information you want to share

JMAN05:
if it was a pagan celebration, why should you copy pagan doctrine and allow it to still have a religious position. is that not idolatry?

am not aware the celebration was pagan. i still don't understand how the celebration of Christ resurrection became a pagan doctrine. Is there something you are not telling me

JMAN05:
If you want to celebrate your savior, why must you copy pagan custom and clone it christian?

Please clarify. what exactly is pagan? is it the celebration of Christ resurrection or the manner it is celebrated?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Jihad / -- / How Scriptural Is The Phenomenon Of Spiritual Fathers And Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.