Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,759 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (27075 Views)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by frankels(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2013
abeg..i don forget my matric. Number
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2013
Bullshit Bleep FG Bleep ASUU getting admission into university na wahala doing registration na wahala graduating again na wahala Becos of the strike getting job big wahala I don't blame Nigerias who run away from this country is Nigeria hell om earth

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Ayima: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU/Fg meeting today ended in deadlocked! Nawa oh hmmm.

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by moscobabs(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2013
failure in Nigeria Government is not about GEJ ooo but its about PDP.PDP has been made unfulfilled promise since 1999.I'm not a politician and i will never be one.Let try another party PDP is a failure.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2013
Ayima: ASUU/Fg meeting today ended in deadlocked! Nawa oh hmmm.
Like seriously!!! U need serious whopping, bad belle..
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by anonimi: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2013
ahamdiheme: I hope they call off the strike for the sake of those being held up by it. I was a victim of so many strikes and closures, spending almost seven years in school for a five year course. I would not wish that for my enemy.
I also hope all the money being dished out to the union will be used to further the course of education and research in Nigeria.

Please tell us why the money should be used to "further the course of education and RESEARCH in Nigeria"?
Have the SINators in Abuja who receive N=29 million each & ecery month done anything to further the course of lawmaking in Nigeria
Or are they not working for the same government in the same country?

Oh, I forgot they furthered the course of making a law to allow child brides for SINator Yerima!!!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by elrony(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Lol @ some comments here ....lol #which_way_nigeria??
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Donmichaelz(m): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU is in desnamic solitude why not aristocrat its relival sentient so we nigeria Superman and future leaders can escalate into a vascular bundle of high salinity and gaseous pendulum...
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by maryhaam(f): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by hardayemmie(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2013
ITbomb: Now FG is showing sincerity in tackling what ASUU has been asking for.
U bail out the banks, power and even nollywood but education is left to rot.
I always believe GEJ as a true sincere democrat, not like Buhari who sent guns to kill students or Obasanjo who love grandstanding and sign an agreement he knew he could not implement making mockery of Nigerians.
GEJ till 2019 and beyond
them don bribe u . . Guy go sit dwn
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ahamdiheme: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2013
anonimi:

Please tell us why the money should be used to "further the course of education and RESEARCH in Nigeria"?
Have the SINators in Abuja who receive N=29 million each & ecery month done anything to further the course of lawmaking in Nigeria
Or are they not working for the same government in the same country?

Oh, I forgot they furthered the course of making a law to allow child brides for SINator Yerima!!!

Your point being?
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by elrony(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Donmichaelz: ASUU is in desnamic solitude why not aristocrat its relival sentient so we nigeria Superman and future leaders can escalate into a vascular bundle of high salinity and gaseous pendulum...

Wetin D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ worry dis one?? shocked
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by elrony(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2013
ahamdiheme:

Your point being?

He might be thinking the funds will be embezzled or mismanaged !!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by anonimi: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2013
ahamdiheme:

Your point being?

Let me help you out.

My point being that there will not be much progress in this country when the COMPARATIVE wage for work done is so lopsided as it currently is.
Why should anyone want to do an honest job when he can simply become a politician, even at the LG councillor post and receive huge amount of money each & every month for doing almost nothing while his compatriots keep hailing him to even more promotion and pray to God for intervention?

Maybe if the person na confirmed MUMU.

Get it now

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by chiboy429(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2013
Patient and sincerity is all we nid in d country ,a situation whereby misunderstanding prevails btw 2 groups you cant use war to curb and maintain understanding.NIgeria we believe in,we as youths must try to see things the way it has to be seen.However what are we trying to say in essence,our leaders are taking the growth and development of these nation for granted,reasons if you may asked me i dont know because we all are aware of the trend of things in our beloved country.Then we as youths we must try to be sincere in everything we do for chance has it that we may be there one day.
ASUU strike and fg palava has distabilised the future of the nigerian students for the past years because of poor management and misappropriation of fund.Any one who say any sector in Nigeria is lacking fund,that person is the highest liar of all times because serveral countries that are not up to nigeria in terms of natural resources are doing fine,such as Ghana.when did there discouvered oil in their country but today we Nigerians we are trooping there for better education.These were people who were doing menial jobs for us before we sent them back to their country in the late 90's that was when the Ghana must go bag came into play.But today we are the people using Ghana must go bag most,virtuall every home in Nigeria has Ghana must go bag in their houses.
For us to achieve our goals and live a wonderful live which we dream to live we must inculcate sincerity, shun evil deeds,any form of illicit act must be put aside and all in all we Must Envelope all these with Love in other to embrace the golden age of life in Nigeria which is currently ushered by the present living perfect master of our time SAT GURU MAHARAJ JI,go and seek his knowlegde for total bliss in every endeavours of life,scientific and technological inventions.It does'nt matter whether you are a christain ,moslem or any other religion on earth. Feel free to check us for more nigerian update at http://enews.com.ng
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by premlove(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I prefer they come up with a resumption date.

If I say am first to comment wud u think wrong of me?

Please don't. Am first on a site with over 1m users, only jealous users won't agree.
you see what ASUU is doing to you na wao
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Lyoncrescent: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2013
I don't just get this. The government should pull out of these universities and let them run themselves. The government should only endow universities that produce research that touches lives. The money being wasted on d tissue paper nigerian uni education is just sad.

On the other hand, the real sector(Primary and Secondary) that requires money is being ignored. There are more private primary and secondary schools than govt and no one is monitoring them. When last did d govt open a primary or secondary school ? Producing half baked graduates doesn't start at d unis but rather at d primary and secondary school level.

Every child should have QUALITY primary and secondary education. That's a given. Not everyone would go to uni but every one must have quality primary and secondary education. That's d bedrock of everything else.

NUT should be on strike not this useless ASSU. Less I forget the failure rates of Waec and neco and jamb and whatever happened to common entrance exam

2 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by funshwo(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2013
Release 10b naira for Susuwam led committee.....hmmmmmmmmm, 9ja govt. have continue to enrich the rich while the inncoent lectureres continue to die in poverty. If the entire 9ja population is less than one billion, what project are we engaging lectures that will cost 9ja such amount of money (10 billion naira). Habaaaaaaa when will this injustice end in this nation?
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by kintatagistcom(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2013
it is good they start making plans now, this strike action is really changing students plans, like the ones in their finaly years now!!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Rotimigabriel(m): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2013
As it is now, today's meeting will include how this hundred billion will be shared. Let's just pray that ASUU agrees on the sharing formular so that this time wasting strike can b call off.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Rotimigabriel(m): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2013
As it is now, today's meeting will include how this hundred billion will be shared. Let's just pray that ASUU agrees on the sharing formular so that this time wasting strike can b called off.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Montero(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2013
Make I go visit my Governor...see ya grin
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by elrony(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2013
Lyoncrescent: I don't just get this. The government should pull out of these universities and let them run themselves. The government should only endow universities that produce research that touches lives. The money being wasted on d tissue paper nigerian uni education is just sad.

On the other hand, the real sector(Primary and Secondary) that requires money is being ignored. There are more private primary and secondary schools than govt and no one is monitoring them. When last did d govt open a primary or secondary school ? Producing half baked graduates doesn't start at d unis but rather at d primary and secondary school level.

Every child should have QUALITY primary and secondary education. That's a given. Not everyone would go to uni but every one must have quality primary and secondary education. That's d bedrock of everything else.

NUT should be on strike not this useless ASSU. Less I forget the failure rates of Waec and neco and jamb and whatever happened to common entrance exam

Making sense ..kinda
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ahamdiheme: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2013
anonimi:

Let me help you out.

My point being that there will not be much progress in this country when the COMPARATIVE wage for work done is so lopsided as it currently is.
Why should anyone want to do an honest job when he can simply become a politician, even at the LG councillor post and receive huge amount of money each & every month for doing almost nothing while his compatriots keep hailing him to even more promotion and pray to God for intervention?

Maybe if the person na confirmed MUMU.

Get it now

I'm sorry to say but that is the mentality that keeps us down there. I might be hoping against hope but hey I have hope! I understood you but I wanted you to spell it out. I will probably not be talking like this if I were in their shoes (politicians, etc) but from where I stand I can only hope for the best.
It is and has been a very sad situation.

The change we seek will not come over night but at this stage just showing an effort is a positive sign. It might be business as usual with the money but it would be nice to keep hope alive and have a positive attitude. An honest man is not necessarily a stupid man.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by igoro10: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2013
easyfem: Can't wait to go back to school... I don old ooooo
How old u be? U don old reach Obasanjo wen he go back to NOUN?
Visit; www.calebmoney..com
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by bright007(f): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2013
executinal: And Obahiagbon has this to say

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
...I don laugh sote cambridge,Oxford,and MIT wan join ASUU strike.
gringringringringrin
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Youngzedd(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Why using the word "crucial" are they not serious before

Let them resolve this issue ASAP
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Davijunson: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg make dem wait make i finish ma WOFBI program first.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by shine12: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2013
I ask myself whether Nigeria can just have an educational system that will just work. It’s just a cycle that never stops. It happened during my time and happened during the ones before us and now again. Why cant the government just come to a resolution with the University lecturers and co.
I’m not predicting doom, but there will be a strike again in 2020, It just never stops. Arrrrhhhhh
This is why every talent wants to leave this country. All you need to do is go to LinkedIn and see tremendous amount of Nigerians doing great things in US, UK etc. A lot had their first degree in Nigeria but their beloved Nigeria frustrated them and they thought the only option is to leave and emigrate. Ridiculous amount of young Nigerian diasporans in Canada, UK, US, Eastern Europe.
Leaders of Nigeria please get it right unless the generations coming will erase you from history.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by tayork(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2013
¶ thank God....well it Fø̲̣̣я̅ our own good tho iit getting late,there Iڪ something ¶ learn in life, τ̲̅ȍ make something good, Ɣ☺u H̲̣̣̣̥ƏνЄ τ̲̅ȍ sacrifice so that what we H̲̣̣̣̥ƏνЄ τ̲̅ȍ endure. grin¶ thank God....well it Fø̲̣̣я̅ our own good tho iit getting late,there Iڪ something ¶ learn in life, τ̲̅ȍ make something good, Ɣ☺u H̲̣̣̣̥ƏνЄ τ̲̅ȍ sacrifice so that what we H̲̣̣̣̥ƏνЄ τ̲̅ȍ endure.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Revealedtv(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2013
Anuoluwap_p:
lolz. Ar u a kid? Were u givn 10mlln coz u ar d 1st 2 comment? Wake up oh. First 2 comment doznt mean anytin it only means u ar d only one jobless. It means u ar d only 1 witout job online 24/7. Guy cover face oh

Those are your own interpretations of the first to comment syndrome which will be easily discredited if the fellow says he has a job. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong in expressing joy or suprise on being the first to comment on a post. The Mods may claim to hate it but a lot of people vy for that status & it helps Nairaland in terms of popularity...Believe it or not. It is like beating Takashi's castle, there are no prizes or gifts for the winner, just status...
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by segzyj(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2013
kilmix: THE Federal Government will engage the leadership of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in a crucial talks today, in a move to end the ongoing strike by the union.
Minister of Education, Professor Ruqa’yyatu Ahmed Rufa’i, made this known in Abuja, on Monday, saying reasonable progress had been made in the ongoing efforts to get the lecturers back to classroom.
She noted that a presidential intervention of N100 billion had been released to the implementation committee of the Needs Assessment Report, which has the Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam, as chairman.
Professor Rufa’i, who spoke while declaring open the mid-term review of the four-year strategy plan for the development of the education sector, said this was to address some of the identifiable challenges in the nation’s university system.
She said it was as a result of the resolve to address all challenges facing the sector that assessments of each area of the education sector were carried out.
“We have done this for the federal unity schools and it is helping in their transformation. The recent one carried out for all public universities has led to a presidential intervention to ensure that challenges identified are given due attention.
“As a result, N100 billion has been committed to this and the president has inaugurated an implementation committee chaired by Governor Suswam,” she said.
The minister said the implementation of the four-year strategic plan (2011-2015) was on course, stressing that credible progress had been made in the six focal areas as outlined in the plan.
She reaffirmed the commitment to move the sector ahead, saying “we shall continue to dig deep and identify further challenges and address them.”
Professor Rufa’i, therefore, appealed to all stakeholders to continue to show understanding, support and partnership, noting that “our actions today will define where we are tomorrow.”
She added that government would continue to dialogue with ASUU in order to end the ongoing strike that had crippled academic activities in government’s universities in Nigeria.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19005-fg-holds-crucial-talks-with-ASUU-today-releases-n100bn-to-suswam-led-committee.html

The meeting will definitely end in deadlock.... The Prophet(T.B JOSHUA) has said it.... ASUU strike will not End until Weird MC get Pregnant. So, Nigerian Student, una beta find how una go impregnat Weird MC by fire by Thunder if una wan resume bak to skool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / New UNIOSUN Freshers' School Fees / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.