Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (27077 Views)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by anonimi: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2013
ahamdiheme:

I'm sorry to say but that is the mentality that keeps us down there. I might be hoping against hope but hey I have hope! I understood you but I wanted you to spell it out. I will probably not be talking like this if I were in their shoes (politicians, etc) but from where I stand I can only hope for the best.
It is and has been a very sad situation.

The change we seek will not come over night but at this stage just showing an effort is a positive sign. It might be business as usual with the money but it would be nice to keep hope alive and have a positive attitude. An honest man is not necessarily a stupid man.

The honest man here is stupid, stu.pid, a fool etc IF he continues to look on like some LUKMAN that is high on LUCOZADE while the (s)elected LOAFING politicians who do NOTHING as public SERVANTS keep receiving so much money every day from his taxes, paid directly and the one collected on his behalf from oil companies and others.
Meanwhile BASIC services of primary, vocational & secondary education; potable water, good roads, electricity etc are not provided.
QED!!!

Hoping ALONE just as praying SIMPLY won't bring the change we say we desire.
These LOAFING politicians are not ghosts.
Neither are they aliens dropped from Mars.
They are our neighbours, relations, friends etc.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Salimyaro: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Same Old story, just a different day. Stop posting ASUU having crucial meeting, its now like a song in the ear. POST: ASUU strike suspended. Period!!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by shangpearlz(f): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Crucial nkegi...
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by tayork(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Donmichaelz: ASUU is in desnamic solitude why not aristocrat its relival sentient so we nigeria Superman and future leaders can escalate into a vascular bundle of high salinity and gaseous pendulum...
Ɣ☺u too they speak grama.....abeg we Ŋ get dictionary here
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by mariong(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2013
In Nigeria it is all Man for himself and God for us all. ASUU has got 100B to distribute among themselves, atleast they too are enjoying from the national cake. A major part of the fund they've been agitating for is going to their pockets,they fight for their pockets at the detriment of the students who have to stay at home.

Whatever will end the strike is welcomed.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by orgasticdance: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I prefer they come up with a resumption date.

If I say am first to comment wud u think wrong of me?

Please don't. Am first on a site with over 1m users, only jealous users won't agree.
ode grin grin grin grin clever one sha cheesy
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by anonimi: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2013
Lyoncrescent: I don't just get this. The government should pull out of these universities and let them run themselves. The government should only endow universities that produce research that touches lives. The money being wasted on d tissue paper nigerian uni education is just sad.

On the other hand, the real sector(Primary and Secondary) that requires money is being ignored. There are more private primary and secondary schools than govt and no one is monitoring them. When last did d govt open a primary or secondary school ? Producing half baked graduates doesn't start at d unis but rather at d primary and secondary school level.

Every child should have QUALITY primary and secondary education. That's a given. Not everyone would go to uni but every one must have quality primary and secondary education. That's d bedrock of everything else.

NUT should be on strike not this useless ASSU. Less I forget the failure rates of Waec and neco and jamb and whatever happened to common entrance exam

Very good and valid points you raised about FOCUSING on the primary & secondary school level.
Let me also add that VOCATIONAL schools also need to be focused on as well not just these universities turning out certificate-holding but largely un-employable graduates.

2 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by anonimi: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
shine12: I ask myself whether Nigeria can just have an educational system that will just work. It’s just a cycle that never stops. It happened during my time and happened during the ones before us and now again. Why cant the government just come to a resolution with the University lecturers and co.
I’m not predicting doom, but there will be a strike again in 2020, It just never stops. Arrrrhhhhh

It will never stop for as long as we place too much emphasis on JUST getting money wothout the underlying hardwork and value creation for societal advancement.
Thus we are COMPLACENT about a politician, political office holder, political jobber who contributes very little to our economy receiving so much money while those expected to actually work earn a PITTANCE.

Who be mugu

This is why every talent wants to leave this country. All you need to do is go to LinkedIn and see tremendous amount of Nigerians doing great things in US, UK etc. A lot had their first degree in Nigeria but their beloved Nigeria frustrated them and they thought the only option is to leave and emigrate. Ridiculous amount of young Nigerian diasporans in Canada, UK, US, Eastern Europe.

What diasporans?
You mean people who have largely condemned themselves to being socio-economic EXILES in foreign lands where they are barely welcomed and face subtle racism every now & then

Leaders of Nigeria please get it right unless the generations coming will erase you from history.

Leaders of Nigeria TODAY included many of the followers and ordinary citizens of YESTERDAY.
You and I need to change our orientation sharp, sharp if ever there will be any meaningful progress in this our dear country.

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by OgaTheTop2: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
executinal: And Obahiagbon has this to say

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Obahiagbon! This is serious! Wouldn't even try to pronounce some words of his without rattling out my teeth.. sad
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Niyinficient(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
Make dem do quick end d strike o! imagine a week to my final exam dem go strike!!! Chei! ASUU o! Make una allow me write my exam finish den make una continue na!!!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Cutepessy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
let them kuku ma do smtin ooooo ...

first to comment

lol

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by KehindeOmololu: 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
Can someone please remind me of my department and matric number? It seems have forgotten............am waiting abeg
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by OniJohn: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
I pray oo, this is what we've been hearing 4 d past 6weeks, i guess we need NANS intervention.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Dannyxy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
I pray so...student are praying to go bck to school 4 reason such as freedom frm parent,boyfriend nd girlfriend frenzy,learning(only few want to bck 4 dis sha),partying etc while those lazy lecturers are praying to keep staying at home earning money 4 doing nothing...abeg which one will God anwser?

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by crackhouse(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Our lastborn have already travelled to US to visit our sick grandma and i am not sure he will be back until next 3months.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by robo247(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kslib: Lets just hope all the affected students still remember the route that leads to their respective schools..
Oya,its time to dust off those cobwebs from ya brains and head back to ya various citadel's of cramming!!
Kslib: Lets just hope all the affected students still remember the route that leads to their respective schools..
Oya,its time to dust off those cobwebs from ya brains and head back to ya various citadel's of cramming!!
Mennnhhhh... I like dis guy. U sure knw d Nigerian citadel of learning very well.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Handel22(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
I dnt c any positive outcome in dis meeting...bet me!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by onyxo76(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
So the government has this amount of money and yet they keep playing games with these students lives,i only hope this government is sincere this time around.I know these ASUU people will not be taken for a ride with empty promises this time around.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
i sidon for house sotey i forget my matric number. nawaa o
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ladenz(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
ennon92: ««I dReAmT dAt ThEy GoNnA cAlL iT oFf 2DaY»»

lol. hope they call off the strike so you can go back to school and stop sleeping and dreaming when you should be learning
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ladenz(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
robo247: Mennnhhhh... I like dis guy. U sure knw d Nigerian citadel of learning very well.

is that why you quoted him 3 times? undecided
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
4k rukayatu , abeg am enjoining the strike meawhile am getting fatter .
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Dbeliever(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
Though I don't pray that the strike should continue but my worry is that the chairman of the need implimentation committee has an educationally complicated history. I don't even think he went to school. So if its true that the chairman of this committee has not been to school, don't you think it will affect the committee''s success in resolving this issue? Though I don't know the truth of the matter o.

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by kilmix: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
I now know how it feels to have your topic on front page.(Even though I was banned when I first posted it).
Am so happy. *winks*

Yours sincerely,
Sign
Op of this thread.

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by kolado(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
abduldope: guY o abg which skuL u attNd This na Grammer abi Phrasal verb
No, phrasal preposition ni.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by lullyboy: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sure..like this

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde:

Lol and both of us are online we are both jobless just that am more jobless than u hence I will be d first to get a job. Lolllz
wow! I cn c hw jobless u ar, u even wait online nd count all d comments 1 aftr d other. Really gr8.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by dazzy4real(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Like how old is d strike sef?
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by lovett007(f): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
DIALOGUE? ARE THEY BOKO HARAM?
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by mcyngodoo: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
FG pls try harder de staying at home is becoming vry boringing day by day
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by SavoG(f): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg he should o. Am damn tired of home.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by caterwaul(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
crackhouse: Our lastborn have already travelled to US to visit our sick grandma and i am not sure he will be back until next 3months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / New UNIOSUN Freshers' School Fees / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.