Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance (19382 Views)

Romance Without Finance Is ? / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? / Romance Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nope, Op will change he-her mind cos he-HER is a She-MALE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Orikinla:

OP will change her mind? shocked
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Druss(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Orikinla:

OP will change her mind? shocked

If you are a guy it is even worse. You no get game so you want to use money to make up for your inadequacy. Man makes the money - Money never made the man!!

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Goldenboy007(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Orikinla: The point of this topic has been clear and even well illustrated with the two captioned photographs and anyone misunderstanding and attacking others over it is just being mischievous.

Any reasonable boy or man knows it would be childish and foolish to put the cart before the horse in every relationship and venture in life.

As our wise elders say in Igbo:
Nwata etoghị eto wara ọgọdọ, ikuku eburu ya buru ọgọdọ.
If a child tries to tie wrapper before maturity the wind will blow him away along with the wrapper.

In Igbo culture, maturity means having capability to achieve or acquire certain privileges.
Of course, the wind will always blow away an empty suit.

Imagine a boy or man who wants to sleep with a girl or woman, but cannot even afford the wrapper she needs to cover herself in the cold. grin

[size=18pt]
A foolish rat copies a lizard and goes out in the rain.
(If an ignorant person imitates a knowledgeable person and he falls, or if you see someone doing something that he can afford to do but you can not and you go and do likewise, you put yourself in debt.) [/size]

Bro i understand what you saying clearly and those that have inner ears would hear. You can take a horse to the stream but you cannot force the horse to drink water. Let those that wants to vent their spleen do so, posterity would vindicate you. These similar topics show you are not alone

No Romance Without Finance / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? / Romance Without Finance? https://www.nairaland.com/1001839/why-broke-men-expect-women
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by caesaraba(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Goldenboy007:

Bro i understand what you saying clearly and those that have inner ears would hear. You can take a horse to the stream but you cannot force the horse to drink water. Let those that wants to vent their spleen do so, posterity would vindicate you.

Exactly.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Arsenate(m): 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
Goldenboy007:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwnning (slept late)......ahan! this grammarian has replied me again, the she-male has insulted me ke? the thing pain you abi !!!! no vex !!! It has now degenerated to outright personal insults ke? now who is the juvenile? Your antecedent shows you vilify those that have contrary opinion to yours. Oya you are right and the OP is wrong !shikena?
you are wrong and he is right. Your sarcasm won't change a darnnn thing.

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Goldenboy007(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Arsenate: you are wrong and he is right. Your sarcasm won't change a darnnn thing.

Bro there is no harm in disparity of opinions and matured arguments cannot be simplified into who is wrong or right. And you should know that the harmless sarcasm is my way of preventing the argument from degenerating into exchange of abusive words which would cause distraction from the main topic! Anybody can hide behind a username to "mis-jive", i do cherish my reputation even though i remain anonymous!

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^^ I like that, even though we don't share the same view as regards the topic. cheesy
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by CATCHYBLOGGER: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Inosenduatall: Everyone in this thread has spoken well. Ogugua you are a woman of virtue. But how many women are willing to support a man on his way to the top?

My simple suggestion to guys out there:

[size=15pt]Rein in your d'iick and start thinking of how you can better your life and the lives of those around you. Those chicks you be chasing with the money your folks or relations gave you will leave you when a real man comes alone. A man of substance and value. Don't kid yourself.[/size] There is no romance without finance and no one wants to suffer.

@THE BOLDED. A HARD AND PAINFUL LESSON I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET. EXPERIENCE IS A DAMN UGLY TEACHER!
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Goldenboy007(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
See my people let’s be realistic and know where the OP is coming from, what our African culture handed over to us is for a man to be very hard working to make his family proud and be capable of catering for his own oncoming household. There is dignity in labor and achieving success. The decadence of the western society has pervaded our moral consciousness. They have sold us their negativity under the auspices of entertainment and without us having a control system like theirs then this ongoing indigenous generation would head towards annihilation! What people like us grew up knowing is hustling to make something of our lives thereafter we can relax to enjoy the frivolities of life but what we have now are young men who don’t want to hustle to be a man, seek shortcuts to largesse and would hide under advocacy of gender equality to escape their manly responsibilities. I do not totally blame the culture that demands high bride price for their daughters because if you are a real man and you know your woman’s worth, you would go back and do your homework to earn her. What don't cost you aint worth much go ask Jacob in the bible !!!
Whatever high ambition I have set for myself and achieved is not because of inferiority complex as imagined by one bigotry charlatan; I was not born with a silver spoon but I was born with self-pride, I didn’t grow in a family where the daddy would sit at home under any pretext and mummy would bread-win!!! Let’s stop excusing our deficiencies under cultural modernization, gender liberalization or economy doldrums. I have experienced all sides of economic emancipation and I can confirm life is good at the top, if you gonna go far in life be ready to walk alone without mundane distractions. Trust me if I can help it I won’t allow my sister to marry a broke bottom, boot-licker, idealist daydreaming loser who is an excuse for a man, don't bring children into this world if you can't afford to feed yourself! Yes I have worked hard to be the young rich and proud guy and I won’t apologize to any sorry ass who seeks empathy for his ineptitude !!!

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Chidonsky: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
@dmcad yes it need 2 b demostrated starting 4rm u,myslf and others...i wonder while ppl abuse ideas 4 intellectual thought and lesson
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Goldenboy007: See my people let’s be realistic and know where the OP is coming from, what our African culture handed over to us is for a man to be very hard working to make his family proud and be capable of catering for his own oncoming household. There is dignity in labor and achieving success. The decadence of the western society has pervaded our moral consciousness. They have sold us their negativity under the auspices of entertainment and without us having a control system like theirs then this ongoing indigenous generation would head towards annihilation! What people like us grew up knowing is hustling to make something of our lives thereafter we can relax to enjoy the frivolities of life but what we have now are young men who don’t want to hustle to be a man, seek shortcuts to largesse and would hide under advocacy of gender equality to escape their manly responsibilities. I do not totally blame the culture that demands high bride price for their daughters because if you are a real man and you know your woman’s worth, you would go back and do your homework to earn her. What don't cost you aint worth much go ask Jacob in the bible !!!
Whatever high ambition I have set for myself and achieved is not because of inferiority complex as imagined by one bigotry charlatan; I was not born with a silver spoon but I was born with self-pride, I didn’t grow in a family where the daddy would sit at home under any pretext and mummy would bread-win!!! Let’s stop excusing our deficiencies under cultural modernization, gender liberalization or economy doldrums. I have experienced all sides of economic emancipation and I can confirm life is good at the top, if you gonna go far in life be ready to walk alone without mundane distractions. Trust me if I can help it I won’t allow my sister to marry a broke bottom, boot-licker, idealist daydreaming loser who is an excuse for a man, don't bring children into this world if you can't afford to feed yourself! Yes I have worked hard to be the young rich and proud guy and I won’t apologize to any sorry ass who seeks empathy for his ineptitude !!!
I get the clear picture the op tried to paint, even though he actually failed in painting it to be crystal clear as some parts of his post digressed and thereby, creating some derogations in his post.

I am not against your post in any way, I am just against the fact that you are keeping a blind eye to some of the aforementioned factors the op pointed out which doesn’t even correlate with your own ideology.

The above post seem more reasonable and understanding. Now, if you were sincere enough, you would have made clearer certain factors the op pointed out as you did with the above post. For example, the op made some misleading and fallacious comparisons with those in the western world as high achievers and more hard working blah blah blah...And you stated categorically that people take more cognizance of people in the western world and forget about the realities of facing things in the African way (Nigeria to be precise). Therefore, it is safe to deduce that the above post of yours negates the op's original idea of Nigerian youths not looking up to their western counterparts for motivation.

Also, it has been over-emphasized that the difference in economy, geographical location and differences, amongst other factors plays a lot of roles in shaping people's mind. He stated that the westerners are more focus and stuff, but in reality they are less focused. How many of them are ready to work their patch and make sure everything goes out well for them? Not much! Life seem fair to very many of them because their economy and other fundamental factors helps shape their future and all. They live in countries whereby you are encouraged to go to school, or nurture one talent of yours or the other. Can you say that for our dear country Nigeria? Nope! You are even discouraged to go to school and even if you have a talent to nurture and build to become someone meaningful in life, you are being talked outta it and lose control (that’s for those who can be misled and all). Meanwhile, that is not to say one have to be lazy and all, just saying this to counter the comparison he made with those in the western world.

All in all, it is advisable for youths (both sexes) to put things straight and make sure they are focus enough not to be distracted by anything. Yet, it is still worth mentioning that, if you can find love now that you are still struggling and can hold up to it and make sure it doesn’t distract you in your pursuit for success, then please do. Like Ogugua stated in her post, she could be that extra motivation you might need to focus more and also you could be a source of encouragement to her too. The kinda values I add to people are such that money could never do as much. Needless I say it's not all about money but about how successful you can be in the long run. And success my friends is not how much money you have or can boast of, but how fulfilled you are with your life's goals. Money is only a by-product of what success brings because if you are successful, you can have as much money as you wanted.

Nevertheless, it's good sharing views from people of different ideologies. I think it helps in knowing more about how people think and the way they see things. It also helps to expand our horizon as we get to integrate different other ideas to what we already have in our mental archive.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
Chidonsky: @dmcad yes it need 2 b demostrated starting 4rm u,myslf and others...i wonder while ppl abuse ideas 4 intellectual thought and lesson
It's my hallmark, I am known for that. Ask those who know me, they will tell you the last thing I would do yet is to insult anyone on here. It's something I don't do live (physically) neither do I do it in a virtual world such as this.

Even those that insulted me in many ways, I never responded with insults. You know why? Cause I have gone past that level long ago.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Chidonsky: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
@goldenboy well u av spoken well bt i tink westernization hz played a negative effect 2 our society because of lack of check and balances...d govt and homes av a share of d blame 2...as a typical black guy we are tot 2 b hardworking knowing fully dat we will head and pilot a little part of society which is family...we live in a society nw were hardwork and morals hz bin murdered wit less restoration(juvenile delequency)...do u judge success by monetary gain? Are all failers lazy bottom..what of dos who are victim of loss,dissapointment.self benevolence,mystery of life..success is nt measured by gain bt hw many circumstances u were able 2 overcome dat landed u success...i tink u said u wld definite kick against a lazy bottom suitor..i wana ask u dos riches guaranttee enternal happiness and fulfilement if we are all subject 2 d unpredictatble life predicament i tink it luk sentimental wat keps a man going and growing is ideas,goals,focus,determination,mind and perspiration nt is situation...gender equality is rily creating competition,shared authority,liberalisation,unbalance society leading 2 a state of liberal perversiveness..tnx 2 d negative effect of empowerment and immitation double face society...building a better society shldnt b only d govt doing citizens are involved 2....beign rich shld nt jst b monetary cash only wat abt mentality which rules human intention,action,ambition 2wads everytin..d bigest wealth and riches shld start wit human it only 2ru sure way tru which others and society can witness a sanitary success and better cohabitation..tnx
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Chidonsky: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
@Dmcdad clapping 4 u bro kep it up is a gud omen i hope others can join d society of intellectual and respectful elites..tnx
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Chidonsky: @Dmcdad clapping 4 u bro kep it up is a gud omen i hope others can join d society of intellectual and respectful elites..tnx
Thanks bruv...
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by addictiv(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
[size=14pt]even in the animal kingdom, the male has to show the chick that he can take care of her by bringing her food.....love - funds = frustration, n you don't want that trust me[/size]

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by ixora3(f): 8:36am On Aug 17, 2013
[quote author=dmcdad]
I guess you mean from a girl's perspective. Right? [/qu
Yesand guys dont knw dt.girls ve needs
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by 49cents(m): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2013
addictiv: [size=14pt]even in the animal kingdom, the male has to show the chick that he can take care of her by bringing her food.....love - funds = frustration, n you don't want that trust me[/size]

Are you saying that a man and a woman can not live together in love without money?

Of coures even as an individual money is very important to take care of ones needs like food,rent, clothes, fuel and so....so it is naturally importany for a couple as man and wife.....

Just as I have earn a living so does the woman must suport to keep the union safe; the man must not necessarily be the sole provider of evrything......

I think we need to review on another thread what makes a man the man in the house because it is obviuos that we are no longer in the age of man hunts for meat for the wifey! In 2013 women have high paying jobs, buy premium cars, live in cool apartments, run succesful businesses....so there is sth more to a man than money don't you allude?
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2013
ixora3: Yes and guys dont knw dt. Girls ve needs
So what does the guy stand to gain from the relationship then? What do you think you can offer a guy?

And from the above, it seems that guys ain't got needs too.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Caracta: Eeeyah. So love is only for the rich? What a wicked world! cry cry You no get money, you no get girlfriend. Chei! grin

On a more serious note, I shake my head for guys who have nothing but still hustle to impress girls. You can't give your mother 5k but you can give your girlfriend 30k to make her hair. Your mother has been begging you for phone for the past two years, yet your girlfriend is using Blackberry Q10. God is watching you cool

Romance isnt for the "rich" alone. The average
Broke guys are in more relationships than the so called "rich guys". Point is its advicable to Be creative, women are Not a mans primary priority when he is just starting life..he has to figure out a way to Contribute to humanity By Being Creative and same time earn enough money to satisfy his Basic Needs also Command respect from the society. Why will a broke young adult think his only purpose are to. Chase girls? I Bet the world's top 100 billionaires didnt have time for females till they Contributed to mankind and out of Biological Construction later felt the urge to engage with a female. I bet they didnt wake up and think "let me chase all these pretty girls Now that i am young and when i get older i will Contribute to mankind and make Billions"

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
My money stays in my pockets. It has always been like that and it will for ever be. Mtcheeww!
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by kalimera101: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Tch. Some people don't get it. No one is exclusively saying that romance is for the rich. The point that is being made is that Males should be prepared to bear the consequences of being in a relationship with a girl.
Now one of the problems with guys that don't have or don't have a lot of financial standing is that many of them and I really mean many of them tend to put on appearances.
My God if you don't have it, don't try to act like you do have it.
It's your life. Your saying goes and whoever doesn't like it can kick the bucket to hell.
I'm not saying that you should scream at any girl that asks you for money that you don't have it. I mean set principles u can follow and can teach the girl to adapt to. Be honest. A girl that likes you will understand, a girl that is only after money will bail.
PS let the principles not be obnoxious, so that the girl won't zilt. And let it not be that at the moment she has accepted that u don't have money, u relax and become lazy. If a girl sees that attitude, she will leave.
NB: this post is actually referring to guys that plan on getting married some time in life.
If you are the type that's looking for a quick lay ( u know sex) stop complaining and cough up the cash. You were looking for a lay, u've got that now, u are whining? Or didn't u know that an exchange of sex for money is the oldest profession in the book. Get real.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
The OP and his supporters are only calling for a more discreet and euphemistic form of ashewoism. a nuisance is someone who requires me having money to receive love. Shior.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What This Girl Wore to Pizzano Lounge In Owerri That Made Phyno Crazy / What To Do With A Cheating Boyfriend? / A Nairalander Pre Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.