Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (21125 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Forzap: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Here we go again with the whole virgin Mary thingy.
What is the matter with you? If you have no respect for her, leave us who do have respect for her to pay homage to her. Don't interfer in what you have no business with.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by babe4chi(f): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
AtbuAbdul: What do u mean by "Oh lady of fatima"? cud u throw in some more light
our lady of fatima is a title for the Virgin Mary due to her reputed apparitions to three shepherd children at Fátima, Portugal on the thirteenth day of six consecutive months in 1917, beginning on May 13. The three children were Lúcia Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto.

I hope dat answers your question?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

you don come back from leave undecided

you pple dey say marry na virgin after e don born Jesus shey na true??

Dem be dey assume say joseph wey marry mary no touch am at all

shey na true undecided
yes it is true she remained a virgin .
Till her ascension to the heaven.
She's blessed.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by penny01502: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ave sanctissima Ave purrisima! Sinless and beautiful star of the sea
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by dokson(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Its takes one alot to understand the mystery of the things OF God, you must be in the spirit otherwise you are only wasting your time. Understanding will be far from you, pray 4 wisdom and understanding of the things of GOD first. The blessed VIRGIN MARY is special in any ramification we stand to view it. SHE IS THE MOTHER OF GOD.
Her power of mediation for her seeds/children is immeasurable.iam a living witness and iam really proud being a legionary in the holy catholic church.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by free2ryhme: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yes it is true she remained a virgin .
She's blessed.

Did Joseph remain a celibate till death undecided
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
AtbuAbdul: What do u mean by "Oh lady of fatima"? cud u throw in some more light

Fatima is a village in Portugal where the Blessed Virgin Mary (B.V.M) appeared to three shepherd children namely Lucia 10yrs, Francisco 9yrs and Jacinta 7yrs on May 13, 1917. Our Lady of Fatima is the title for this apparition because of its prophecy concerning World War and the conversion of Soviet Russia.

Before Mary appeared to them, they had earlier been visited by an angel on three separate occassion in order to prepare them for the apparition.

According to Lúcia's account, in the course of her appearances, B.V.M confided to the children three secrets, now known as the Three Secrets of Fátima.

Francisco (1908–1919) and Jacinta Marto (1910–1920), were both victims of the Great Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918-20 while Lucia died on February 13, 2005 at the age of 102yrs.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Mishydoo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
undecidedChurch traditions...Not Found in the bible.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yes it is true she remained a virgin .
She's blessed.
Thanks Mate. If anybody wants to fully understand the whole Virgin Mary, Saints, Holy Communion thang then the person has to study the cathchism and Doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by prettystacy(f): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
I am so sorry, dnt have a case wt u. Jesus gave me salvation, mary bore jesus so...#smiles I honour her cos she deserves it
jeroton: u v said it all it was thru her u got your salvation not thru Christ . That means she replace replace Jesus Christ .
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

unlike you Joseph understood the mission of Mary, her place and how special she is . He didn't consume the marriage.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
pretty stacy: I am so sorry, dnt have a case wt u. Jesus gave me salvation, mary bore jesus so...#smiles I honour her cos she deserves it
yes she deserves it. Peace b with u sister.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by nikkytruth(f): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Who Ȋ̝̊̅§ she that cometh forth as the morning rises ? Fair as the moon , bright as the star , treble as an army set in the battle arena. Virgin Mary! mother millionaire ! ‎​ȋ̝̊̅ L♥√ع ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Efiko: God has not charge; He is still the same jealous God of Exodus 20:
The 2nd commandment states clerly:

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above (including Mary in heaven) or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God.

Praying/Bowing down to Mary or Saints (Dead or Alive) is 1st degree idolaty.

We are honouring Mary, we are honuring,
We are honouring Mary never worship,
People say we worship her not at all
Everybody Join the chorus honour her.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Lordave: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
mascot87:
What do u know?
Tell me what I don't know
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Thanks Mate. If anybody wants to fully understand the whole Virgin Mary, Saints, Holy Communion thang then the person has to study the cathchism and Doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church
exactly, you can't understand anything about catholic/Catholicism without studying catechism and our doctrine. Besides how can they rubbish their master, their forefathers?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Okdanny: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Holy mother
comforter of the afflicted
refuge of sinners
mornin star
queen of haven
......pray for us , i ll forever adore and honour u ,,
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Lordave: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

omo you get time for all there brainwashed ignoramuses.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: unlike you Joseph understood the mission of Mary, her place and how special she is . He didn't consume the marriage.

where u there someone who wanted to put her away

guy what were u fed in catechism undecided
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by opella(f): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Oh Mother of perpetual help, come hasten to assist me oh mother sweet and kind. I love you
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by free2ryhme: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly, you can't understand anything about catholic/Catholicism without studying catechism and our doctrine. Besides how can they rubbish their master, their forefathers?

doctrine and catechism

in there lies your biggest heresy and brainwashing

what happened to the bible

you dumped the truth and uphold your lies
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
BE INSPIRED ALL!!!
'CONFESSIONS OF A MEGA CHURCH PASTOR'

Conversion Story of Allen Hunt

Allen Hunt

3 Treasures of the Church

by Allen Hunt

My friend, Sean, watched his father, Henry, die. Henry had been a WWII hero, a flying Tiger. Henry radiated Yankee independence, frugality, and self-sufficiency. He built his own house in Connecticut. He loved time in the woods. He raised his children well. But now he was gone.

Sean’s mother, Mary, continued to live in their family home for the next few years, until she chose to move to Florida. My friend, Sean, helped her clean out the decades of belongings and collections from the family home so she could sell it and relocate. Fifty years of memories had accumulated in that old house.

On the last day of moving out of the old house, Sean took one last walk-through, just to reminisce on years gone by and also to look for any possessions that had been missed in the packing. In his parents’ bedroom, Sean noticed an odd screw in the ceiling, an object that had never before captured his attention. Sean knew his dad and knew that the screw surely had some purpose, so he stepped on a stool to look at the screw in the ceiling. When he removed the screw, a panel slipped out of the ceiling. Behind the panel rested two Folger’s Coffee cans, each of which was filled with cash. The thought occurred to Sean that, if his father had hidden cash in one place, there might be others, so Sean soon discovered screws, panels, and coffee cans in holes in the wall all around that old house. By the end of the hunt, Sean had found more than $5000, hidden years before in the old house by a Depression-era man who knew what we all now know: you cannot always trust banks. Instead of using banks, Henry had carefully hidden his treasure in the ceilings and walls of his old house.

For the first thirty+ years of my life, the Catholic Church was just an old house. Having grown up Methodist, the descendant from at least five generations of Methodist pastors in the South, the Catholic Church existed in my world simply as an old house. The Catholic Church was old and historic, often architecturally remarkable, but never something that attracted my attention in any real way.

Even in my nearly twenty years as a Methodist pastor, I neither liked nor disliked the old house of the Catholic Church. It meant nothing to me; I had no reason ever to notice its existence. It was just an old house, with some old rituals, old buildings, and old ideas.

Along the way, however, God began to reveal to me the treasures hidden in the life of the old house known as the Catholic Church. Over time, as I discovered those hidden treasures, they proved so powerful and meaningful that they led me home to the Catholic Church.

Six hidden treasures, in particular, I discovered in the Catholic Church, but three stand out most of all. And I found them in various parts of the house.

CONTINUE STORY BY OPENING THIS LINK: http://chnetwork.org/2011/11/3-treasures-of-the-church-conversion-story-of-allen-hunt/

Allen Hunt served as a United Methodist pastor for nearly twenty years. He now hosts a nationally syndicated talk radio show on mainstream news/talk stations. The show focuses on “where real life and faith come together,” and can be heard on 75 stations each weekend. He speaks and teaches at churches and meetings around the country and also serves on the Board of Overseers at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, DC. Allen was received into the Church on the Feast of the Epiphany, January 6, 2008. He and his wife, Anita, have two daughters, ages 19 and 17. He was a guest on the Journey Home program in April 2009. You may contact Allen at:
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nne ayi di aso,yobalu ayi ayiyo...Otito dili jeso,na ndu ebebe.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
free2ryhme: virgin after how many children undecided

una wan tell me say joseph no sleep with im wife wey im marry

na wa ooo

Isaiah7;14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel, meaning GOD WITH US

Isaiah 7:14 is a verse of the Book of Isaiah in which the prophet Isaiah, addressing king Ahaz of Judah, promises the king that God will destroy his enemies; as a sign that his oracle is a true one, Isaiah predicts that a young woman will shortly give birth to a child whose name will be Immanuel, "God is with us", and that the threat from the enemy kings will be ended before the child grows up.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Kizyte(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mother most chaste, pray to Jesus for me, and make your Immaculate Heart known to the whole world!
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by 25Calibre(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
exxell: Before, I was a catholic. Now, I am a core catholic. Soon, I will become a staunch Catholic.... Was born a Catholic, Will Marry A Catholic, Will Remain A Catholic And Will Die A Catholic! Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary.

Yes!!!! Very Good, and then when you die a staunch catholic, you would be sent to hell where the bowing down you do to Mary would come in handy, as those skills would be extrapolated and used by you in bowing down to lucifer and his agents.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Ifymma(f): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
REGINA DE CEALI

OH QUEEN OF HEAVEN REJOICE, ALLELUIA
FOR THAT WHOM YOU DID MERIT TO BEAR, ALLELUIA
HAS RISEN AS HE SAID, ALLELUIA
PRAY FOR US TO GOD, ALLELUIA
REJOICE AND BE GLAD OH VIRGIN MARY ALLELUIA
FOR THE LORD HAS RISEN INDEED, ALLELUIA.

OH HOLY MARY CONCEIVE WITHOUT ORIGINAL SIN, PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO THEE.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
chuqudy:

What of the statue of cherubim and seraphim which God commanded solomon to make for the ark of covenant? What of you guys who prays to your pastors by asking for their prayers? What of yorubas that bow down to their seniors as a mark of respect? what of your pictures which are in your phone and in your house. ARE THEY NOT IMAGES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING OR DEAD? And yet "God" told you not to make images of people dead or alive. You apostates like to quote the bible in a way to suit your imaginations. How can I abandon a Church that has existed from the time of Christ till today and join a man made church that was founded just yesterday on the foundation of bible misinterpretations.
Who told u d catholic church was founded from d time of christ? It was established by a pagan emperor in 325 AD, Constantine. Go read ur history and stop smoking weed.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by condralbede(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
matter mabilis ora pronobis

pls pray for us
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by italo: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Dear Catholics, make sure you go to mass to celebrate with our mother. Dont let the haters dampen your mood or make you lose sight of the essence of the celebration. Let them wallow in their bitterness and envy.

Ave Maria!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
25Calibre: Look at these Catholics practicing idolatry, for God's sake, what happened to the name of Jesus Christ, what's all this Mary talk?

And where the hell did the Catholics hear that Mary ascended into heaven? Mary died like a mere mortal
and was buried, there are ongoing searches for burial site in Israel.

Catholics stop this heresy !!!!!'

The search will continue to the end of ages because they are looking for what is not lost....
you can as well relocate to Israel to join in the search for the burial site of our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) / How Can A Spiritual Problem Be Solved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.