Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (21143 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by hillsate: 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Wow! Never knew catholism is ladened with a lot of comedy.
Nice one guys, nice comedy.
1. Only in comedy Would Mary be the closest to Jesus in Heaven. She ma don dey for Godhead be that?

2. Only in comedy will Mary be called the spouse of the Holy Spirit. Spouse? Very funny.

3. Only in comedy will it be said that Mary never gave birth after Jesus, haba! Mary had a lot of s3x from Joseph. History even had it that Joseph died early because he couldn't keep up with Mary's libido.

4. Only in comedy would people centre a lot on Mary (Creature) rather than the creator (Jesus).

5. Mary cannot pray for you. She cannot intercede for you. She does not even pray for anyone. The only person who intercedes for us is Jesus.

6. The Mary in heaven today would suffer a heart attack if God shows her what her name is being used for by the catholics.

7. Mary was just a vessel God used to fulfil His plans for man. She was a good and righteous woman no doubt but she was human and equal with any human.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
I remembered one of my favourite hymns while in the Yoruba Mass children Choir

1. Fi Ogo fun Maria
Olori Angeli
O fe omo to da to
To si ni inu re

Refrain
Gbadura wa Maria
Tewo gba ife wa
Iwo ni iya rere
Ti Jesu fi fun wa

2. Oruko ti da to
Nibikibi laiye
Orun rere bowo fun
Esu oniberu
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 1d1ot if it wasn't for the Catholics you would b a Muslim. Go read about the crusades, Muslims invasions etc . You would probably get married at 6 , wear the burqua, bend over and shake ur azz in the air to pray.
Catholics fought and shed their blood to protect u

devil dey do God work and e no go know.

Catholicism did more against Christians than any other force on earth including marauding jihadist criminal gangs of mohammed
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by manuelzz(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
buchilino:

MY BROTHER IF ONLY THEY KNEW THE HISTORY OF THAT CHURCH DURING THE DARK AGES. undecided

Na just ignorance dey worry dem..
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
hillsate: Wow! Never knew catholism is ladened with a lot of comedy.
Nice one guys, nice comedy.
1. Only in comedy Would Mary be the closest to Jesus in Heaven. She ma don dey for Godhead be that?

2. Only in comedy will Mary be called the spouse of the Holy Spirit. Spouse? Very funny.

3. Only in comedy will it be said that Mary never gave birth after Jesus, haba! Mary had a lot of s3x from Joseph. History even had it that Joseph died early because he couldn't keep up with Mary's libido.

4. Only in comedy would people centre a lot on Mary (Creature) rather than the creator (Jesus).

5. Mary cannot pray for you. She cannot intercede for you. She does not even pray for anyone. The only person who intercedes for us is Jesus.

6. The Mary in heaven today would suffer a heart attack if God shows her what her name is being used for by the catholics.

7. Mary was just a vessel God used to fulfil His plans for man. She was a good and righteous woman no doubt but she was human and equal with any human.

The last time i checked,

Ignorance is a deadly disease in your lineage
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls be lucid. I don't quite understand this question.
why do you guys live in abject poverty, yet ur pastors are buying jets and flaunting their wealth. When do u buy your own na ?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Controversy: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
buchilino:

MY BROTHER IF ONLY THEY KNEW THE HISTORY OF THAT CHURCH DURING THE DARK AGES. undecided
What history is this 1 talking about? Your business mogul sorry! Pastor must have blame washed you
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
manuelzz:

Na just ignorance dey worry dem..

Tell me where there is man and there is no evil...otherwise go and bleach your brain
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
christokuty: Fool, don't say what u don't know ,we only honour her and WE DON'T worship her, if u don't have anything to say,just close that dirty pit u called mouth and park well(slowpoke).

show where in the bible
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Afam4eva(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: why do you guys live in abject poverty, yet ur pastors are buying jets and flaunting their wealth. When do u buy your own na ?
If you go through my previous posts in this section, you'll see how i have criticized in it's entirety the quest by pentecostal pastors to go after material things especially private jets when the member's of their church live in squalor. I criticize whatever i deem to be wrong.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by authenticblack: 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Which bible una dey read sef, is it meant for Catholic alone?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
owolabifunke14: You're pathetic, Jesus had other siblings. So tell us how Joseph and Mary fathered and mothered them.
please name them? undecided undecided
Stop confusing cousins or relatives with blood brothers, Mary remained a virgin. Stop embarrassing yourself and making up stories.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by raynold(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
manuelzz:

And catholics are still the ones that persecuted their fellow christians....interesting!!!
and what do u think you guys are doing here.. if not persecuting us..
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hail, Queen of heaven, the ocean star,
Guide of the wanderer here below,
Thrown on life's surge, we claim thy care,
Save us from peril and from woe.
Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
Pray for the wanderer, pray for me.

O gentle, chaste, and spotless Maid,
We sinners make our prayers through thee;
Remind thy Son that He has paid
The price of our iniquity.
Virgin most pure, Star of the sea,
Pray for the sinner, pray for me.

Sojourners in this vale of tears,
Blest advocate, to thee we cry,
Assuage our sorrows, calm our fears,
And soothe with hope our misery.
Refuge in grief, Star of the sea
Pray for the mourner, pray for me.

And while to Him Who reigns above
In Godhead one, in Persons three,
The Source of life, of grace, of love,
Homage we pay on bended knee:
Do thou, bright Queen, Star of the sea,
Pray for thy children, pray for me.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by manuelzz(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Controversy:
What history is this 1 talking about? Your business mogul sorry! Pastor must have blame washed you

Bros pls stop displayin' ur ignorance in public....That you've refused to enlighten urself dosn't mean u shud loathe those who have....biko undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
BigBabyJesus:

devil dey do God work and e no go know.

Catholicism did more against Christians than any other force on earth including marauding jihadist criminal gangs of mohammed
this is a senseless attempt to rewrite history, catholics were the ones being slaughtered like chicken, fed to lions etc .read the book of Daniel, dummy
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by manuelzz(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
raynold: and what do u think you guys are doing here.. if not persecuting us..

Oga,abeg kiddies time never reach...na around 4pm e dey start..just exercise some patience. sad
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
BigBabyJesus: Catholicism: virgin goddess and fagg0t priests.

PROTESTANTINISM

a. false pastors
b. money grabbing pastors
c. lucrative business
d. poverty stricken members who contribute every thing to a lost cause

should i continue? wink
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Controversy: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Efiko:

..i feel you dear, i was a cathiolic before (but not anymore); i married from the cathiolic too (but my wife has stopped those doctrines of men which are parkaged as the commandments of God)

..take time-out to re-evaluate what you believe, the best way to hide a lie is in-between the truths & when you believe/practice a lie for dongky years it becomes the truth to you but the truth is absolute.

..the clause "It was thru her (Mary) we got our salvation" is very very out of place, dont say that gain pls. Salvation is though Jesus Christ, the son of God. The One Who was (existed before creation), Who is(..lived among men) & Who is to come (coming as a lion to judge the world)

...Mary is in heaven enjoying herself, make it your ambition to join her by believing/practicing the truth
Your problem is ignorant! When you stoped going to catholic church did any 1 come begging you to come back? The world is free, believe what you like. We have 1 target which is heaven not church
Stop preaching to Catholics because morally you are not better than them

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by hurricaneChris: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
I just left my boys on site now to attend the Mid-day mass at St Dominic cath church Yaba.

The atmosphere at d church was fantastic, really looked like a sunday.

I wish everyday wud be Assumption day.
So happy to see many Marian Devotees

Haters soriee o, you guys are making us stronger. Lol

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you go through my previous posts in this section, you'll see how i have criticized in it's entirety the quest by pentecostal pastors to go after material things especially private jets when the member's of their church live in squalor. I criticize whatever i deem to be wrong.
so catholic are wrong? Catholicism is wrong? Or what? Do you how Anglicanism has been created.? Afam repent.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Controversy: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
alextayo: Hail, Queen of heaven, the ocean star,
Guide of the wanderer here below,
Thrown on life's surge, we claim thy care,
Save us from peril and from woe.
Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
Pray for the wanderer, pray for me.

O gentle, chaste, and spotless Maid,
We sinners make our prayers through thee;
Remind thy Son that He has paid
The price of our iniquity.
Virgin most pure, Star of the sea,
Pray for the sinner, pray for me.

Sojourners in this vale of tears,
Blest advocate, to thee we cry,
Assuage our sorrows, calm our fears,
And soothe with hope our misery.
Refuge in grief, Star of the sea
Pray for the mourner, pray for me.

And while to Him Who reigns above
In Godhead one, in Persons three,
The Source of life, of grace, of love,
Homage we pay on bended knee:
Do thou, bright Queen, Star of the sea,
Pray for thy children, pray for me.
I love this song die

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so catholic are wrong? Catholicism is wrong? Or what? Do you how Anglicanism has been created.? Afam repent.
Where did i say Catholicism is wrong. Stop running away from the truth. I was referring to the whole virgin Mary question and it's importance to the Catholic church. I have some nice things and some not so nice things to say about some of the doctrines of the Catholic church, likewise those of the protestants.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by buchilino(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so catholic are wrong? Catholicism is wrong? Or what? Do you how Anglicanism has been created.? Afam repent.

U DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE COS IF U DO U WOULDNT BE MAKING SOME OF THESE RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS cheesy
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ministry: The trolling begins

As an adult, Jesus became something between a homeless vagabond and a New Age guru, and is widely considered to be the first hippie. He taught peace, love, unity, and respect, thereby making him the first raver also, and that people should live without many possessions - and the possessions they did have they should be open to sharing them - which also made him the first commie. He had a group of fanboys called the Apostles who followed him around trying to look cool, but Jesus really thought they were all pretentious hipsters that didn't understand a sh1t of what he was teaching.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by prettyprecy(f): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 1d1ot if it wasn't for the Catholics you would b a Muslim. Go read about the crusades, Muslims invasions etc . You would probably get married at 6 , wear the burqua, bend over and shake ur azz in the air to pray.
Catholics fought and shed their blood to protect u

Unfortunately u r only being religious nt dat u ve D LOVE√* ☺f God in ur heart 4 ur information no matter how D catholic church try to invade the truth the light ☺f God wld still shine nd dat ȋ̝̊̅§ D salavation that was given to us thru christ Jesus and it ȋ̝̊̅§ only tru him U can reach God. God wld always raise men for his work my dear D fact remains dat D doctrine ☺f D catholic church ȋ̝̊̅§ Dat ☺f D Roman empire! Go and read books u wld understand more.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by buchilino(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Controversy:

I C U DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT UR DENOMINATION, GO AND READ ABOUT THE DARK AGES THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WAT AM TALKING ABOUT cheesy
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: why do you guys live in abject poverty, yet ur pastors are buying jets and flaunting their wealth. When do u buy your own na ?

HAHAHAHA! LET ME ANSWER PLS..... NEVER grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
buchilino:

U DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE COS IF U DO U WOULDNT BE MAKING SOME OF THESE RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS cheesy
yawns ,u are a first class dumb azz .
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by manuelzz(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
alextayo:

Tell me where there is man and there is no evil...otherwise go and bleach your brain

knowledge,my friend..U need to aquire it..always read to improve urself....and i mean it in a gud way.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by raynold(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
my finally say here is that GOD forgive us all... cant wait for judgement day for all this to end..
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nativity: The birth of a troll

Coincidentally born on Christmas day in the year 0 D.C.(During Christ) to Mary and, if the rumors are true, God, (a paternity test is pending) with the Holy Spirit acting as jizz. According to local legend, Jesus (pronounced "Hay-soos"wink was born in Bethlehem (meaning "house of bread" in both Arab and Hebrew, one more reason for Catholics to now eat their god) in a barn (more reasons) and then placed in a manger (even moar reasons) because his cheated step-dad, Joseph, was too Jew to get a room for his 9 month pregnant wife. Rumor says Mary and Joseph were about to eat their new-born dinner when they were interrupted by three guys that had followed a bright alien space ship to Bethlehem and proceed to gave Jesus gold, incest, and embalming fluids.

Little is known of Jesus' childhood, but he was probably pretty stuck up and liked to mess with people's heads given that he was the Son of God. But according to the Infancy Gospel of St Thomas, the young Jesus once killed a boy for beating him in a race and caused an entire village to go blind for not recognizing his divinity for the lulz.

According to the Talmud, the book written by the Pharisees (the modern Rabbis), Jesus was born of an 'non-consensual relation' between Mary and a Roman soldier named Panthera, who was a German mercenary, which would explain his innate hatred for the Jews.

Another theory put by John the Evangelist, is that Jesus was the incarnation of the Logos, a word which is a corruption of LOL, therefore, a correct translation would be:

“In the beginning was the Lulz, and the Lulz was with God, and the Lulz was God [...] The Lulz became flesh and made his trollings among us." —John 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Science Disproves Evolution / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.