Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. (16595 Views)

Nigeria Sells Its Two Best Oil Fields / Black Hole: Nobody Knows How Much Oil Nigeria Sells / Nigeria Sells Her Birthright in the Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Donsammi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
GEJ is workinq ..niqeria iz advancinq

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
So the government still get like one year before them go hands off completely. Okay we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wait. Make the light better so that we go fit do many things at cheaper rate.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by agbameta: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
Buy for 1 naira and sell for 10 kobo... Useless people..
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by deletrue: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jona and his team is trying to cross over to the other side of the roughest sea after independence. A sea no one has ever attempted to cross. When the devil was questioned as to why he is moving to and fro? He responded by saying he is only looking for those to be devoured. Jona, as you struggled to carry this cross called Nigeria to atleast beyond its former destination, May those devil like (haters) Nigerians moving up and dawn looking for your downward fall fail to laugh last. May God and the wishes of all good Nigerians be with you. Do not be tired. While I agree that many nigerians are neck deep in ethnicity, remember that majority will vote on individual performance and not party basis

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by victorv12(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nigeria business men are bad investors. You mean all these power stations can only generates a little bit over 5,453 megawatts? We still have a long way to go in our country. Imagine, these are the power stations they have been politicizing and wanting to kill themselves on. We can't develop a nation with a meager 5,000 megawatts. South Africa generates over 30,000 megawatts of electricity while China generates over 100,000 megawatts. Nigeria politicians and leaders are useless and lazy. Our politicians politicize everything to be re-elected back to their...Fashola is trying...haaa, Amechi is the best, no Okoracha is the man. We should stop deceiving ourselves. We still have a long way to go.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nice move.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by bettercreature(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Dunno why you guys are happy,this is Nigeria,dont trust this people,let them implement it first
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by BabaAlabi: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
victorv12: Nigeria business men are bad investors. You mean all these power stations can only generates a little bit over 5,453 megawatts? We still have a long way to go in our country. Imagine, these are the power stations they have been politicizing and wanting to kill themselves on. We can't develop a nation with a meager 5,000 megawatts. South Africa generates over 30,000 megawatts of electricity while China generates over 100,000 megawatts. Nigeria politicians and leaders are useless and lazy. Our politicians politicize everything to be re-elected back to their...Fashola is trying...haaa, Amechi is the best, no Okoracha is the man. We should stop deceiving ourselves. We still have a long way to go.

I have nothing to give you but @ least I can like your post. Nigerians are very backward and they are the cause of the problems facing this country. Always happy with mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by OmerianConsult: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nigeria has been sold!
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
edited
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by YoshiMaster: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Does this mean that a private investor can now invest in power in Nigeria?

I mean, if I wanted to build a power station now, can I do so?

That would be a very good investment.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
For ur general water services, such as borehole drilling, water treatment, geo-physical survey, water quality auditing, soil test, water reticulation, project management, environmental impact assessment, installation of storage facilities (over- head tanks), geological services, etc. Visit us @ Olive Well Nigeria Ltd or call Uche on 08036745944, 08099405096. E-mail:olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by authenticblack: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
This is one step forward for the government
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by yomanovic: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: Finally,Nigeria is heading towards the right direction. Constant power supply will soon be our portion. I can now proudly say that dividends of democracy is here with u.But,I hope the private companies are not owned by our governors and senators?

I wanted to call you 'ode' but I changed my mind. Who are the people buying if not our politicians?
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by IgboDelta: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
I PRAY THINGS WORK OUT WELL WITHOUT CORRUPTION
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by vanunu: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Balderdesh! Is this the first time you're reading promises on papers?

My man do you think it is easy to add just ordinary 100MW in this jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by solomon111(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
yomanovic:

I wanted to call you 'ode' but I changed my mind. Who are the people buying if not our politicians?
pls tell me,did anybody prevent you from buying any power plant?
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by tspun(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
hope dis will soon stop
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by miqos02(m): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
we heard it before now. nothing new. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE CONSISTENT LIGHT
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Raypawer(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
spongeback: Nigeria is a failed state undecided

were d hell are u staying to call Nigeria a failed state
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by deebrain(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
yaaay! cheesy nepa is going to be bringing light!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by biafrakwenu(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Normal
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
The pertinent question to ask is- What was the cost of building these power stations? At what cost are they being sold?' I hope tax payers are not being taking for a ride.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
NOT AGAIN.... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by phil5(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
The truth be said ,wat I hear is "weitin happen weh phcn dey bring light like dis"from every ones lip .if ur area transfomer is faulty and ur street or area nor get light dat one nor mean say me nor get ,
Its improving ,slow and stedy , don't quote me how long
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by Pattey(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
They are selling 80% stake for $6Billion when the cost on the plants so far is $8Billion plus. . . That means we're losing over $400Million on this deal. Or is my math wrong ni?

Naija na wa Ooo
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by haibe(m): 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yungwizzzy: truth be said electricity has really improved these days

no doubt. .
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by nerodenero: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
yomanovic:

You just said 'ode'.
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by 3kay945(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
With this now, I hOpe people in neighbourhood will not be asked to contribute money to repair or fuel transformers henceforth !
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by mustydeen(m): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Who's dis retard dat thinks tru her anus. Rather dan make reasonable comment, she preferred opening a stinking hole to say wat she hears on TV. U deserve a slap
Wats faliure in building a power plant and privatizing it. #uv been looking for some way to use dose crappy statement#

spongeback: Nigeria is a failed state undecided
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by joeanointing(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Who said GEJ is not working?
Re: Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. by texazzpete(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: Finally,Nigeria is heading towards the right direction. Constant power supply will soon be our portion. I can now proudly say that dividends of democracy is here with u.But,I hope the private companies are not owned by our governors and senators?

I'm not sure how old you are, but wiser heads will tell you that in Nigeria, it is better not to count your chickens before they are hatched.

I'm sure years ago someone was rejoicing about 'Vision 2020'...where we dey now?

We were promised a crash in cement prices...still yet to materialize. We were promised an end to Boko Haram last year. Fighting still goes on.

be wise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges / Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event / Dino Melaye Is A Noisemaker — Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.