Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! (5373 Views)

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Cyrexx, stop tripping, will ya?

Saying atheism is a conclusion is the biggest joke of the century...but again, you might have a point.

Atheism is a conclusion of nothing, out of nothing, from nothing...Blah blah blah.

grin grin
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Enigma(m): 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Of course some people will find some sound philosophical and proven scientific arguments "shallow and unworthy" because their minds has been configured to believe apriori that "a fool says in his heart there is no god"

I wonder if their mind will work the same way if their scriptures has configured their mind to believe that "a fool has said in his heart, god is a dead jew that impregnated his own mother to give birth to himself and sacrificed himself to himself in order to appease himself"

Indeed!

A fool says in his heart that there is no God. smiley
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
FrostyZonn: @Cyrexx, stop tripping, will ya?

Saying atheism is a conclusion is the biggest joke of the century...but again, you might have a point.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Enigma:

Indeed!

A fool says in his heart that there is no God. smiley

Agreed.

And a fool also believe with his heart that..

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Enigma(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
FrostyZonn: @Cyrexx, stop tripping, will ya?

Saying atheism is a conclusion is the biggest joke of the century...but again, you might have a point

To be honest, such thinking is so shallow it borders on stupidity.

You'd expect people to use something strong and worthwhile as arguments not such pathetic stuff.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Enigma(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Agreed.

And a fool also believe with his heart that..

You also agree with this one too then! wink

"Nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: 'there is no God'." (Francis Bacon)

smiley
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Judas2013: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
nokia3310:

Congratulations on your independence!
I don't think you really need to adjust your life style as an atheist, this is because our life style is the most natural and default way of life (remember babies are born atheists).
Myself as a Muslim that dumped Islam for atheism (i've been an atheist for a year now) and i realized that:
1. I no longer feel guilt within me how much more seeking forgiveness.
2. I'm no longer scared of the imaginary hell fire our Imams have been preaching about.
3. I don't need to worry about where i am going to after death, as i don't even know where i was before my Mum conceived.
4. No need for repetitive and boring exercise they called five daily prayers
5. No need for starving myself in the name of Ramadan fasting.

Happy Sallah in arrears to all my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Enigma:

To be honest, such thinking is so shallow it borders on stupidity.

You'd expect people to use something strong and worthwhile as arguments not such pathetic stuff.

Worthwhile arguments has been presented but they have little effect on religious minds.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Enigma(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Worthwhile arguments has been presented but they have little effect on religious minds.

No, we have yet to see any worthwhile arguments from fools!

Well, they are fools so we don't expect better.

Oh and of course even the "religious mind" is, in the final analysis, better than the mind of a fool!

smiley
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
Enigma:

You also agree with this one too then! wink

"Nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: 'there is no God'." (Francis Bacon)

smiley

Sir Enigma , I agree. As long as you agree that some religious claims are plain stupid , bordering on craziness.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Enigma(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Sir Enigma , I agree. As long as you agree that some religious claims are plain stupid , bordering on craziness.

You are entitled to whatever view you have or do not have; it is not my business.

I am entitled to whatever religious claims I believe, it is not your business.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2013

Dear atheists in the house, your situations can be likened to that of those babes in the womb.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by UyiIredia(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

This is mistaken >>> for some of the likes of you are easily forgotten to have once been dedicated religionists and were convinced by these arguments to switch sides >>> in any case atheist counter-arguments are shallow.
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Enigma:

You are entitled to whatever view you have or do not have; it is not my business.

I am entitled to whatever religious claims I believe, it is not your business.

smiley

Okay, then.
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This is mistaken >>> for some of the likes of you are easily forgotten to have once been dedicated religionists and were convinced by these arguments to switch sides >>> in any case atheist counter-arguments are shallow.

Okey dokey.
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Judas2013: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
mumumugu: Define atheist

it is a person who sees the truth,knows the truth but refuses to accept the truth .

Wrong! It's someone who doesn't believe just any rubbish but is ready to see evidence. No evidence no proof!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by UyiIredia(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

There are so many things you take for granted that are silly but that's lunch for another day.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by thehomer: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
As usual, there's nothing of relevance from the faith heads flooding this thread.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
thehomer: As usual, there's nothing of relevance from the faith heads flooding this thread.

Enigma and co, are just spouting crap out of butthurt....probably because they see a growing atheism on Nairaland.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Of course some people will find some sound philosophical and proven scientific arguments "shallow and unworthy" because their minds has been configured to believe apriori that "a fool says in his heart there is no god"

I wonder if their mind will work the same way if their scriptures has configured their mind to believe that "a fool has said in his heart, god is a dead jew that impregnated his own mother to give birth to himself and sacrificed himself to himself in order to appease himself"
lwkm
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by EvilBrain1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
@FrostyZonn

The difference is that this [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1256363_Makes-perfect-sense_jpg5ec80431e2812d6efe92a0e5b45a881a[/img] is what christians actually believe

While this [img]http://4.bp..com/-MPC8CP_0Og0/Tke4-ft5kgI/AAAAAAAAAgI/Q7mDox9E75M/s1600/atheism.jpg[/img] is just a collection of strawmen that in no way reflects the accepted scientific view.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by mazaje(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
The problem is even if we are to believe that it is the scientific view, how does it equate to the atheistic position?. . .Scientific position= atheist position, when ?. . .
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by onetrack(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Dear atheists in the house, your situations can be likened to that of those babes in the womb.

grin grin

And when they are born and finally see their mother does she then set them on fire for eternity for not believing that she existed??

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by cyrexx: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
onetrack:

And when they are born and finally see their mother does she then set them on fire for eternity for not believing that she existed??

GBAM!

1000 likes.

But I bet religious folks like Enigma will say the baby set themselves on eternal fire by choosing to believe their mother didn't exist.

Talk about how religion messes up the brain and reasoning faculties.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by wiegraf: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Enigma and co, are just spouting crap out of butthurt....probably because they see a growing atheism on Nairaland.
grin grin

One would want to believe they were trolling. Sad part is they weren't....

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by wiegraf: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
mazaje: The problem is even if we are to believe that it is the scientific view, how does it equate to the atheistic position?. . .Scientific position= atheist position, when ?. . .

This is a wee bit beyond their comprehensive abilities..
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by plaetton: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
wiegraf:

I agree, talking donkeys are a lot 'deeper', strain a lot more grey matter

He he he. I couldn't have said it better.
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
onetrack:

Nope you got it wrong. It's never God's intention for mankind to goto hell fire, likewise ones mother never intend her kids to miss their way. But in the end, your destiny lies in your hand(thanks to free will). It's up to you to make the decision on which path to follow. If you miss your way and end up in hell fire, that is your own making, not God's. Likewise if you make wrong decisions in life and end up in jail, it's your fault, not your mothers. ¿Comprende?
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

GBAM!

1000 likes.

But I bet religious folks like Enigma will say the baby set themselves on eternal fire by choosing to believe their mother didn't exist.

1000 likes for what? For talking rubbish?

Your comments doesn't make much sense either.

No offense, but I think you are the one with reasoning faculty deficiency.
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by MrTroll(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
cyrexx:

GBAM!

1000 likes.

FrostyZonn:

Nope you got it wrong. It's never God's intention for mankind to goto hell fire, likewise ones mother never intend her kids to miss their way. But in the end, your destiny lies in your hand(thanks to free will). It's up to you to make the decision on which path to follow. If you miss your way and end up in hell fire, that is your own making, not God's. Likewise if you make wrong decisions in life and end up in jail, it's your fault, not your mothers. ¿Comprende?
like clock work..
Re: A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! by wiegraf: 12:16am On Aug 18, 2013
FrostyZonn:

FrostyZonn:

1000 likes for what? For talking rubbish?

Your comments doesn't make much sense either.

No offense, but I think you are the one with reasoning faculty deficiency.

I hope you don't expect me to thank you for this. I didn't ask you to go out of your way to prove my points

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video : Watch Tb Joshua's Prophecy On Brussel Attack / Where Was Daniel? / What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.