Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building (18311 Views)

Ogun Plans 60-storey Building In Abeokuta / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Horus(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
This project will generate employment in the construction sector
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

oh i see!!

To begin with, how many times do u see him indulge in useless trolling like ur sacked bro FreeGlobe is currently doing right now ?

..again, when NLers voted Gbawe as a best poster, where were u?...
busy ranting and throwing tantrums around the site i guess

...GO AND STICK BACK NECK INTO UR CAVE KID. This is a thread for potent & charismatic leaders like Amosun , not the group of failures in ur SE caves

In case you just walked in, this is my first post.

I am an avowed non-supporter of ACN/CPC/APC, but I am smiling and happy reading this.
Many more state governments should emulate this. I am tired of seeing 1 storey buildings wasting lands all over the place.
I can't hide my love for high rise, one reason I like Lagos Islands and some parts of ABJ.

This is a welcome development. And should be emulated.

Lastly, Gbawe keep quiet!
The people you are attacking are only doing what you and your paid laptop critics do all over nairaland when it is about PDP or other parties.

I didn't come to the thread to hate, I actually like the idea and commend it.
I am aware that most pro-PDP/anti-SW posters may not like it but I'm not one.

I am not from SE really, so don't be too hasty and narrow minded.
Nairaland can vote any body as best poster but an uncouth, untamed supposedly grown man? Check his posts on this thread alone and show me anyone that is directed at an opposing opinion that does not contain hate speech or curse words or racist speech. Almost none.pocricy
I don't have anything against him in person as I don't know him personally, but what I attacked is the hypocrisy I saw towards people who do not agree with his position. Yet I see all that everyday on any pro-PDP thread from APC critics.
If he can prove my previous post wrong, I will apologize here, on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Read my last post and you would see how this post is a confirmation.

Show me a post where you supported or commended any good plan, policy or action of GEJ and a post where you criticized any bad plan, policy or action of an APC governor or leader.

Do you mean any plan, policy or action of APC leaders is perfect and good and any plan, policy or action of GEJ and PDP is bad?
If you show me the posts, I will apologize to you here and now.

Shut up and get lost. Failure to prove your case now makes it clear what you are. A shifty, lying and small-minded nuisance. If you don't see me going out of my way to praise the PDP do you see me denigrating what is clearly innovative and developmental from their administrators? You are not even bright enough to know there is nothing wrong in not singing the praise of the PDP. I don't have to !!!!. What would be wrong would be if I was always badmouthing developmental things even a child will admit is progressive for stakeholders and lying against PDP administrators!!!!

Also, do you see me sitting in thread of States I have no connecting with and nursing an obsession for contributing only negative things? . Do you see me ever rounding on and insulting indigenes of States I have no connection with on this forum? Look at the contribution of the bigoted freeglobe character I told off here. Can you show one post where I have spoken in an incendiary manner about a State I am not connected with as your pal does below?

Dude, just get lost. I don't need another small-minded tw1t, with issues and a chip on his shoulder, following me around NL.

Freeglobe wrote:
say that to the marines, to someone that has not visited the rocky cave called ogun state. is it shagamu, abeokuta? The dirty and old village called abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
YesBosss:

Why accuse him wrongly? You accused someone and expect him to thank you or hug you, you should be banned for derailing the topic as well cos you attacked him first.

Lastly, Gbawe keep quiet!
The people you are attacking are only doing what you and your paid laptop critics do all over nairaland when it is about PDP or other parties.

Curse words and hate speech does not vindicate anyone. It will only dig the pit deeper.
If he thinks I'm wrong, he should have showed me posts where he commended good policies of GEJ or PDP and posts where he criticized bad policies of APC. If he does, I will apologize and move on.

Though I'm not pro APC, I commended Amosun for the idea, and will do same if it is achieved.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by olivertwist: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Austine.E:
Looks like a misplaced priority!

Please we want more of this 'misplaced priorities' in all SW states. Biko grin

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Shut up and get lost. Failure to prove your case now makes it clear what you are. A shifty, lying and small-minded nuisance. If you don't see me going out of my way to praise the PDP do you see me denigrating what is clearly innovative and developmental from their administrators? You are not even bright enough to know there is nothing wrong in not singing the praise of the PDP. I don't have to !!!!. What would be wrong would be if I was always badmouthing developmental things even a child will admit is progressive for stakeholders and lying against PDP administrators!!!!

Also, do you see me sitting in thread of States I have no connecting with and nursing an obsession for contributing only negative things? . Do you see me ever rounding on and insulting indigenes of States I have no connection with on this forum? Dude, just get lost. I don't need another small-minded tw1t, with issues and a chip on his shoulder, following me around NL.

Okay, I agree, you CANNOT SING PDP's praises but can do APC's.
You also CANNOT OPENLY CRITICIZE APC when they are wrong but can do that to PDP, right?
I don't know how many intelligent adults talk like this. I have related with a lot of them over and over.

I don't have anything against your person, you may as well dissociate your real self from the moniker Gbawe so you can stop being bitter.
I just don't agree with the hypocrisy I see on nairaland daily. I speak in generic term.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Qc1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
ba7man: Classic Answer to a hater. I'v copied it down and I'll use it in futher threads.

Permission for the copyright infringement.

^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ol2012: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
PHIPEX:

Whoever has not been inside some of these high rise buildings at Marina and see the number of vacant rooms will not understand the importance of your observation.

For a place like Abeokuta, building the highest structure in Africa shouldn't rank among top 5 priorities. I have been there and I know that it's in dare need of upliftment structurally not just a status symbol. A place like Marina in Lagos can dream of such because building a 60 storey building in a place where the closest building in height is not more than 12 storey wouldn't be too beautiful to behold nor economically wise. If such money is used to build more malls and the likes it could make more economic sense and attract more people to the town than having the tallest building. I heard the Governor is doing better than his predecessors but until I hear that he has taken care of that major road that enters Agbara Industrial Area I'll reserve my applause.

Sir, ar u by any means saying d Ogun State Govt. should compel a MALAYSIAN investor 2 BUILD MORE MALLS & D LIKES? Do u really understand d concept of PPP in infrastructural devt.? Always try 2 carefully read & digest publications b4 commenting, especially in a public furum like NL.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Boll2010: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
dady12: dont u know tht this can create some jobs for u ,why do u guys hate anythg tht is good?
sir let me help u answer that punk ass..........its simply bcuz dy v no orientation

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

oh i see!!

To begin with, how many times do u see him indulge in useless trolling like ur sacked bro FreeGlobe is currently doing right now ?

...GO AND STICK BACK NECK INTO UR CAVE KID. This is a thread for potent & charismatic leaders like Amosun , not the group of failures in ur SE caves

Don't mind him. He should show one example where I am commenting negatively and senselessly over the affairs of others especially in relation to progressive development that will better the lives of stakeholders and end-users. Some of these guys are so petty and childish. When upright folks lose it and get angry over their non-stop obsession with fraudulent character assassination they then pretend to have done nothing wrong and try and make you the bad guy. Those I tell off here know themselves.

This TechyGuy character should have stayed out of it and not have angered me comparing me to nauseating bigots who run around NL calling Yorubas all sort of unprintable name and peddling all manners of ungodly stereotypes about Yoruba folks that now floods any google search made about "Yoruba are .....". Go and see the nasty things google reveal that has emanated from Nairaland alone and written by the hateful characters who show up on these sort of threads to walk around unchallenged while operating with impunity. Decent Yorubas should stop standing for it and must begin telling these wicked souls to get lost if all they want to do is slander, insult and malign us. Evil thrives when good men do nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
olivertwist:

Please we want more of this 'misplaced priorities' in all SW states. Biko grin

Yes oooooo...the problem is they will still be trooping down SW to and benefit in the so called "misplaced priorities" ....hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

oh i see!!

Chei! shocked shocked shocked guy you are mean !
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Topefemi: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Well I fink Gov. Amosun shld think abt other areas in Abk. We have enuf structures @ ibara oke ilowo, dy shld come to camp, osiele side for devt. biko!!!
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Boll2010: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
basilo101: I'm nt sure if SW kws d meaning of development. Does it mean dat countries like Czech, Luxembourg, austria, romania, hungary etc are nt developed? Is it all abt high rise while slums litter everywhere?
now i know ur problem i gez cuz of d headline 'tallest in africa' @op pls change it simple n d whole issue is thrashed abi For ur lostmind
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by StObaino1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
mankevo:
Well, I dont know where you are or where yu have been, but in all honesty when you see the economic activities going on in such buildings across the globe, you will yearn for more.Why didn't America build thousands of shoping malls instead of World Trade Centre. remember included “There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
“Others are shopping mall, recreation centre, signature tower, office complex, hotels and worldclass convention centre.”

I am a proud easterner, but that vote I gave Amosun at Agura Palace Sagamu shortly before i left Naija is the only reason I smile when I hear of Nigerian democracy.
Amosun (like every other Tinubu impostor) is way smart in thinking. we need these breeds in East and not Hating good things.

My Enugu govno too aint deluded though!!

My friend that America with all they have going on built it doesn't mean abeokuta is getting it right.
Africas tallest building won't be in Jburg, accra, cairo, lagos, abuja but Abeokuta? How many business are there to rent that?

Well I believe there are more economically important project than africa's tallest building in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Obaino: What's the Essence of building High when majority of the masses are on the ground.
Typical Naija leaders. Meaningless Projects which are irrelevant n may end up half built.
60 storeys building,you should know say na people go work there,no be cows
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
mankevo:
Well, I dont know where you are or where yu have been, but in all honesty when you see the economic activities going on in such buildings across the globe, you will yearn for more.Why didn't America build thousands of shoping malls instead of World Trade Centre. remember included “There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
“Others are shopping mall, recreation centre, signature tower, office complex, hotels and worldclass convention centre.”

I am a proud easterner, but that vote I gave Amosun at Agura Palace Sagamu shortly before i left Naija is the only reason I smile when I hear of Nigerian democracy.
Amosun (like every other Tinubu impostor) is way smart in thinking. we need these breeds in East and not Hating good things.

My Enugu govno too aint deluded though!!
wa gba iyi omo igbo

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Okeikpu(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
No light o, no clean water o, no healthcare o, with 70% unemployment... Why not build d tallest building in d world?
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by MrFord1: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
The project is a very good idea. Ogun State is not financing the project. The state government has little or nothing to loose on the project.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by plaindealer: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
gudugba:

For one....you've never reason properly on NL...gudugba is not Eko Ile...but Ilugunboy if you care to know.

Secondly...I have never for a second tell you am an indigene of Lagos..but every turn proclaimed myself as a very proud Yoruba guy...

Thirdly only a m0ron like you will conclude that because I traveled home for the eid-el-fitr holiday...I must be a Muslim..even when the journey on a good day is less than an hour drive from Lagos toll gate. The problem with Ibo is the fact that your exposure to religion is strictly one-way....

If you care to know...ask Ngwakwe......I spent several years in Aba and the East...you can't objectively compare the level of infrastructural and industrial development in Ogun state to any of the Eastern state....and am saying that with all the sense of responsibility in me.

You lot need to sheathe tribalism and really confront your Governors that are squandering your patrimony...

One thing I love about us is the fact that we are ONE and we celebrate progress and development in every inch of Yoruba land regardless what part of Yoruba land we come from. We are one and staunchly unified.

Unlike these other disorganized, non unified, uncoordinated and divisive loud mouths fighting each other, firing and deporting their civil service workers, fighting each other over silly and petty nonsense.

Anambra people fighting against Imo people, Enugu people fighting against Abia people and so on.

This is one of the reasons why Peace, Unity and Progress is eluding them..

We are all Oodua first before anything.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okeikpu: No light o, no clean water o, no healthcare o, with 70% unemployment... Why not build d tallest building in d world?

ur governors parading private jets here & there nko?....

Thank God say despite no light or water, Ogun state indigenes no dey run go SE caves like U urself & ur people are like Mekuturu

...only God even knows whether na Ogun state for Otta this our Okeikpu dey dey thank God for fresh air sef grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by dady12: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
Boll2010: sir let me help u answer that punk ass..........its simply bcuz dy v no orientation
thank u my broda,
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gorrbachev: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Starting Elephant projects is not the way forward IMO.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by striker9(m): 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okeikpu: No light o, no clean water o, no healthcare o, with 70% unemployment... Why not build d tallest building in d world?
what's your stress man?the people of Ogun state aren't complaining.Izzit your money?omo ogun ise ya.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by plaindealer: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Obaino:

My friend that America with all they have going on built it doesn't mean abeokuta is getting it right.
Africas tallest building won't be in Jburg, accra, cairo, lagos, abuja but Abeokuta? How many business are there to rent that?

Well I believe there are more economically important project than africa's tallest building in Abeokuta.

You are not making any sense and your problem is not only the same blind hate, but also the apples and oranges.

To start with, Ogun state is not Lagos state and their levels of development and destiny is not the same. If at all there are empty office buildings in Lagos state because there are a lot of them, is it not because the business occupying them moved from Marina to VI and Lekki which is still not the ideal place for business so eventually, they have to move again to a more suitable place like Eko Atlantic. This is growth and a strong by product of growth and economic dynamics.

Are the businesses and industries in Ogun state going to move to VI, Lekki and EA too? Please stop the mismatched comparisons.

The Buildings in Marina are not obsolete because other levels of the growing economy not related to the growth in VI and EA will eventually scoop them up. They are turning the Marina water front into a boardwalk with fun activities and also bring back nightlife to the area to boost property value and new interest in the area so don't cry for the MARINA, not just yet.

In Ogun's case, how is this going to stay empty when there's not a single or any significant highrise or office complex to accommodate all the business and industries trooping into Ogun state which is a major draw back because businesses especially the likes of Procter and Gamble flying their global staffs back n forth need modern office spaces, they need clean and world class hotels, they need restaurants, good shopping places, they need Cinemas and other semblance of a business and industrial environment and the people of Ogun state need jobs to work in and managed them, the state also need tax receipts from these places to boost it's IGR for other projects wich in turn again creates more jobs and more tax receipts..

The people of Ogun get's job opportunities and employment because the best form of economic and job creation is infrastructure upgrades. Also, these facilities are going to be staffed and managed the people of Ogun state, the restaurant workers are going to be the people of Ogun state, the office workers, the cleaners, the artists, the sigh writers, the bricklayer, the truck driver and many many other skills you need to build, staff and manage the aggressive growth like the one we are witnessing in Ogun state got to come from somewhere and the somewhere is primarily Ogun state.

This is a win win situation for everybody..

If you want world class industries, business, progress and development, you have to act like it and put your money where your mouth is and Amosun is basically putting his money where his mouth is.

I'm happy for the people of Ogun state and Governor Amosun.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Rossikk(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2013

100 years ago when 95% of people in Britain lived in abject poverty (read Charles Dickens), they began building Buckingham Palace, Wembley, The Houses of Parliament with Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, 'The City' business district etc etc. Next thing you know, London became the number one tourist and business destination on earth. British national income rose dramatically, and funds became available for social development projects and programmes.

If Abeokuta's ambitious project is actualized, it will help to positively transform the economy and fortunes of the state. Money does not appear in the bush. You have to build things that will attract and generate capital. Look at New York City. Have you been to Manhattan? You will be shocked at the sheer number of skyscrapers, just by driving around the place. There's no great shortage of land in America, so why do they build so high and flamboyantly? It's because they observe the simplest rule of economics: Build it and they will come.

10 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Wolef7(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
If Nigerian cities are not of the needed urban standard, how will development come. Our leaders should take a clue from the UAE, they knew that oil will get exhausted and now commerce is booming there.
NB: The last time I checked, Dubai has the tallest building in the world. #REMAINBLESSED.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Miles78(f): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
OMG, tallest building?? Maintanance, nko??
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Rossikk(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Miles78: OMG, tallest building?? Maintanance, nko??

That is where YOU and I come in. Most skyscrapers anywhere do not have their own maintenance staff or engineering skills. They contract such jobs out to local firms. So lift engineers, industrial cleaning firms, electrical firms, structural engineering firms etc, will do well to set up an office in Abeokuta. These are the sort of firms that will form ancillary services to support these new facilities. Even other services like catering firms, taxi services, security firms, recruitment consultancy firms, hotels, etc etc will be in demand. Some of these businesses don't cost a lot to set up, if you know what you're doing. No reason why any of us can't go there and set up a small business service, advertise, and make your own money from the project.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Miles78: OMG, tallest building?? Maintanance, nko??

Why is it that so many posters on Nairaland, and concerning many threads, cannot get beyond the title of a thread alone? Where is our analytical skills and competence at reading and comprehending all that is written so we are aware of the full picture and thus able to discuss and comment objectively/critically?

“There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by jairusben(m): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
did i hear d govornor sey 6o storey as gona b d tallest building...shocked
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by chokolatte: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
I hope the government is considering non stop power for the lifts .....can't imagine anyone ascending or descending a 60 floor building when there's blackout...Mr governor count the costs o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Avengers: "We Blew Exxonmobile Qua Iboe 48 Crude Oil Export Pipeline / Bola Tinubu To Visit Imo State Today. / Dapo Abiodun Visits Victim Of Abeokuta Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.