Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building (18318 Views)

Ogun Plans 60-storey Building In Abeokuta / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

As if we expect it to be anything other than "misplaced priority" or a "bad idea" from someone like you. Pathetic. Your opinion is unwanted and does not count at all. Next time keep it to yourself.

But he is Nigerian like yourself.

Why does his opinion not count?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.

For one....you've never reason properly on NL...gudugba is not Eko Ile...but Ilugunboy if you care to know.

Secondly...I have never for a second tell you am an indigene of Lagos..but every turn proclaimed myself as a very proud Yoruba guy...

Thirdly only a m0ron like you will conclude that because I traveled home for the eid-el-fitr holiday...I must be a Muslim..even when the journey on a good day is less than an hour drive from Lagos toll gate. The problem with Ibo is the fact that your exposure to religion is strictly one-way....

If you care to know...ask Ngwakwe......I spent several years in Aba and the East...you can't objectively compare the level of infrastructural and industrial development in Ogun state to any of the Eastern state....and am saying that with all the sense of responsibility in me.

You lot need to sheathe tribalism and really confront your Governors that are squandering your patrimony...

23 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by cKaiser: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2013
^^ See finishing

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Ogun state was developed by the ibos

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2013
Tawis06: Na tallest building we go chop! Rubbish

Go and continue chopping your kidnapping....moral and social decadence and all vices ever known to man.

It's your choice..

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2013
lakhadimar: Ogun state was developed by the ibos

You are high on your poo. Your words smell. Igbos my foot.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Deolaw:

You are high on your poo. Your words smell. Igbos my foot.

Smell the sarcasm in the quote you are responding to... grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by FreeGlobe(f): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2013
gudugba:

For one....you've never reason properly on NL...gudugba is not Eko Ile...but Ilugunboy if you care to know.

Secondly...I have never for a second tell you am an indigene of Lagos..but every turn proclaimed myself as a very proud Yoruba guy...

Thirdly only a m0ron like you will conclude that because I traveled home for the eid-el-fitr holiday...I must be a Muslim..even when the journey on a good day is less than an hour drive from Lagos toll gate. The problem with Ibo is the fact that your exposure to religion is strictly one-way....

If you care to know...ask Ngwakwe......I spent several years in Aba and the East...you can't objectively compare the level of infrastructural and industrial development in Ogun state to any of the Eastern state....and am saying that with all the sense of responsibility in me.

You lot need to sheathe tribalism and really confront your Governors that are squandering your patrimony...
say that to the marines, to someone that has not visited the rocky cave called ogun state. is it shagamu, abeokuta? The dirty and old village called abeokuta.

2. I was so close in my calling you Eko Ile as both of you share the same pea sized brain and sound alike. Have you even commented on ogun topics with the same passion you do for Lagos when generalizing it as yorubaland. Anyway I don't have your time.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by FreeGlobe(f): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2013
gudugba:

Smell the sarcasm in the quote you are responding to... grin
yorubas fighting themselves by themselves since Akintola vs Awo cheesy
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ekunokoibo: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
say that to the marines, to someone that has not visited the rocky cave called ogun state. is it shagamu, abeokuta? The dirty and old village called abeokuta.

2. I was so close in my calling you Eko Ile as both of you share the same pea sized brain and sound alike. Have you even commented on ogun topics with the same passion you do for Lagos when generalizing it as yorubaland. Anyway I don't have your time.
why are u taking panadol for yorubas headache u should rather be thinking about ur brothers bad habits,this just happened recently
https://www.nairaland.com/1400581/ndlea-arrest-student-5.960kg......help-stop

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Well....as far as I know Aba and Onitsha are the dirtiest in Nigeria...you can dispute that as much as you like...but only a stranger to the cities of the East will think otherwise...the dirts on Faulks Road towards Ariaria market....PH road...Obingwa and Ogbor Hills junction alone will swallow that of the entire SW....a fact!

Coming into Onitsha through Oba ...your sight will be assaulted endlessly with mountain of garbage all the way to Head bridge...

Come ...never you discuss cleanliness of cities whenever you see me on a thread...I know the Eastern states far than you can know...Abakaliki is still in Stone Age!

Concentrate on your states...develop them..maybe then..your able body youths will find a reason to stay back ...instead of flooding to other regions in the country....wetin dey pursue una from the East sef?

As usual...when you are out of depth....you run away saying you don't have time. grin

10 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Tawis06(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Bross na fight!? No vex ooo[quote author=gudugba]

Go and continue chopping your kidnapping....moral and social decadence and all vices ever known to man.

It's your choice..
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
yorubas fighting themselves by themselves since Akintola vs Awo cheesy

Shut up! There is no fight...unless the one in the mind of a knob-head like you...

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Ogun State is indeed expanding in industrialization, however this goes to the Indigenes, the Egba especially, guard what belongs to you before it is called no man's land. Awori, guard Ota.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Asoozy:

But he is Nigerian like yourself.

Why does his opinion not count?

Why don't you check his previous posts to get your answer? Same way a black man has no time for the opinion of a hateful white supremacists is how I have no time for the opinion of those who can only be hateful towards anything Yoruba or SW 100% of the time.

In any case, do you think people like that view themselves as "Nigerians"? Also, when has being Nigerian ever meant that one means well for all States and region of Nigeria? Abeg, contribute to the topic and leave those who know each other well on this forum to square off. Some of us don't talk a certain way to others for no reason. It is what we 100% know about others that makes us speak to them as we do.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe: Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project

Shut up and get out of here. Your are one of those hateful characters known here who, 100% of the time, is guided to speak out of the sort of blind bad belle that leads you to missing/ignoring the obvious. Is it your money that is being "wasted"?

The SW is now being driven by ideas and moving more and more towards self-determining autonomy, through usage of instruments such as PPP arrangements which cost the government and people very little.

Folks like you who should be busy charging your own leaders to pay attention and do the right thing are too obsessed over the affair of others to note your own house is on fire.

Better start, for the sake of your children, understanding the need to hold your own very deficient leaders accountable and charging them to learn from the good things others are doing instead of backing them clannishly and ignoring their maladministration while you focus senselessly and 24/7 on the affair of others who are moving in the right direction. This is another project simulating the Eko Atlantic model. Go and jump in a lake if you cannot appreciate urban development Ogun folks do not have to pay for.

He said the project would be handled and financed by Urbanisima Ltd., a Malaysian company.

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by HezronLorraine(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2013
Does anyone have the artistic impression.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Shut up and get out of here. Your are one of those hateful characters known here who, 100% of the time, is guided to speak out of the sort of blind bad belle that leads you to missing/ignoring the obvious. Is it your money that is being "wasted"?

The SW is now being driven by ideas and moving more and more towards self-determining autonomy, through usage of instruments such as PPP arrangements which cost the government and people very little.

Folks like you who should be busy charging your own leaders to pay attention and do the right thing are too obsessed over the affair of others to note your own house is on fire.

Better start, for the sake of your children, understanding the need to hold your own very deficient leaders accountable and charging them to learn from the good things others are doing instead of backing them clannishly and ignoring their maladministration while you focus senselessly and 24/7 on the affair of others who are moving in the right direction. This is another project simulating the Eko Atlantic model. Go and jump in a lake if you cannot appreciate urban development Ogun folks do not have to pay for.

Classic Answer to a hater. I'v copied it down and I'll use it in futher threads.

Permission for the copyright infringement.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

You should know these people we are dealing with by now.....they don't have the patience to read and assimilate this type of story....all they read is the headline....and next...they rush to condemn and cast aspersions ...

To them....every development must be facilitated by the government......the reason they've been begging the FG for a second River bridge that is less than a kilometer even with approaches from both sides...

They don't know nor subscribe to the forward looking idea of PPP.....
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2013
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/12/proposed-abeokuta-city-centre-will-bring-socio-economic-boost-consultant/

Proposed Abeokuta City Centre Will Bring Socio-Economic Boost– Consultant

Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: July 12, 2013 In: Business, Current | comment : 0 Comments

The proposed Abeokuta City Centre will significantly enhance the socio-economic growth of Ogun State, the Lead Urban Designer/ Project Director for Urbanisma, the Malaysian Consulting firm handling the design of the Master Plan for the centre, Muhammed Hafiz has said.

He also described the project, an initiative of the Ibikunle Amosun led administration as “a socio-economic generator that will draw world attention and attract international crowd to Ogun State”.

He was speaking at an interactive session where he gave a run-down of the design and actualisation of Putrajaya, the adorable new administrative Capital City of Malaysia, to a visiting Technical Team from the state to Malaysia.

Hafiz believed that the Abeokuta City Centre will be a major landmark that will not only be a source of inspiration and pride to the people of Ogun State but also create ample opportunities for local and foreign investors.

According to him, a project of such magnitude will greatly spur the economy of the state in rural and urban areas as it will meet the interests of investors in diverse sectors of the economy.

The Convention Centre, which is a major part of the project, Hafiz added, would attract world-wide patronage because of the international programmes that would be organised there.

“We have looked at the whole programme as a socio-economic generator that will have a place for various sectors of businesses, and we are guided by the five cardinal programmes of the government of Ogun State which will give room for all the sectors to be fully integrated’’, he said.

Hafiz stated further that the Retail Centre for instance, would create space for small retail outlets as well as cater for big shopping malls.

He revealed that the first phase of the project will include, Shopping Mall, Recreation Centre, Signature Tower, offices, hotels and the Convention Centre, which he noted would kick start development.

Speaking on the New Government City project, which is also being handled by his firm, Hafiz said it will give priority to housing and industrial development, adding that it will feature complete infrastructure which will make Ogun State an investor’s destination of choice for businesses in the upstream or downstream industry and also accommodate migrants from neighbouring Lagos State.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Does anyone have the artistic impression.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Rhino5dm: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2013
[size=38pt]Sai South West! [/size] cheesy cool

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2013
ba7man: Classic Answer to a hater. I'v copied it down and I'll use it in futher threads.

Permission for the copyright infringement.

grin grin grin Gbawe have the knack for dropping such classics....

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by HezronLorraine(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

wow,it looks superb.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2013
gudugba:

grin grin grin Gbawe have the knack for dropping such classics....
Its so spot on. I'v been trying to say the same thing on previous threads but it never came out right.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by solapex: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2013
I don't if you read the story.the project is being financed by private investor from malaysia
FreeGlobe: Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Rhino5dm: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2013
[size=18pt]The "Jews" in Nigeria are still begging for a mere footpaths bridge for 30 years while the progressives are building the tallest building in Africa!! I'll always choose peace before righteousness.[/size] cool

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Arosa(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2013
I hope the fire service in ogun state has also been updated to respond to fire disaster on a skyscraper. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Standing5(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Africa's Tallest! . . . Nigeria's First! . . . Biggest In Africa! . . . First Indigenous! . . . Massive Blah Blah Blah! . . .

Lots of Glory Hustle These days.
Why not go for something more economical and durable in the interest of the people intstead of confusing them with biggest first.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by moscobabs(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2013
APC is working PDP is regretting...hunnmmmm Masses are watching.2015 is comming

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by dady12: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2013
St_Obaino: What's the Essence of building High when majority of the masses are on the ground.
Typical Naija leaders. Meaningless Projects which are irrelevant n may end up half built.
dont u know tht this can create some jobs for u ,why do u guys hate anythg tht is good?

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Dee60: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
Kudos to Ogun State! The next wave of industrialization and capitalization is underway.
I noticed demolition is contracted to Chinese firm. Are there no qualified indigenous demolition companies to handle the work?

if the project is finaced by a malaysian company then it is not strange that an asian company is handling!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Formed To Install A Northerner As President - EDWIN CLARK / Soldiers Burn Houses In Naka, Benue Community / Mace Theft: National Assembly Committee Summons Omo-Agege, Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.