Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building (18316 Views)

Ogun Plans 60-storey Building In Abeokuta / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ketoprofen(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Obaino: What's the Essence of building High when majority of the masses are on the ground.
Typical Naija leaders. Meaningless Projects which are irrelevant n may end up half built.

if na me talk this thing, e go be like say i dont cum again. Majority of indigenes in d SW are really on d ground and all d govt could do is to build a tallest building , For who? For what?

Worse, If na GEJ wan build ds, d same ppl go cum dey talk rubbish.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by mensdept: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
Bullshi.t.

Yep I called it.

How can you be planning the tallest building in Africa when you don't even have the best roads or sewage system in your region of the country?

Where are the medical centers or schools, or stadiums, or factories that are up to international standard?

These people just dey open mouth spit nonsense and fools wan say "God bless this person and that person".

WOW

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ketoprofen(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.

u shdnt be surprised.
Most ppl in lagos are not from lagos state, be u from Igbo, hausa or yoruba.,etc
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by plaindealer: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

u shdnt be surprised.
Most ppl in lagos are not from lagos state, be u from Igbo, hausa or yoruba.,etc

You know this because you know them offline abi you don see their birth certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by oladele4uall: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
oke-ilewo is not the only suitable place nah,abeokuta south up odeda side is there nah.am pleading SIA to luke into that.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by dossantos1: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
mens dept: Bullshi.t.

Yep I called it.

How can you be planning the tallest building in Africa when you don't even have the best roads or sewage system in your region of the country?

Where are the medical centers or schools, or stadiums, or factories that are up to international standard?

These people just dey open mouth spit nonsense and fools wan say "God bless this person and that person".

WOW

guy!guy!!guy!!! use ur brain abi na coconut dey inside? this project is private investor driven, it wont cost Ogun state govt a dime.
Ogun state have 3 international standard stadium, at abeokuta,ijebu-ode,ilaro
as for good roads, go check other threads on massive road construction currently going on throughout ogun state.

stop hating, massive infrastructural development is all we need in this country, thats the only way u can attract investorss to your abode,so also jobs will also be created for the teaming unemployed youths.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by dossantos1: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
oladele4uall: oke-ilewo is not the only suitable place nah,abeokuta south up odeda side is there nah.am pleading SIA to luke into that.

u are right bro, i guess its one step at a time

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Kzinne: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Amosu is working.
Last Bullet:
I think Ogun State Govt should stop developing that Oke-Ilewo & move toward Osiele, Odeda area or Ita-Oshi area. E don do for Oke-Ilewo. Other places should be developed.
local tout
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
dos-santos:

guy!guy!!guy!!! use ur brain abi na coconut dey inside? this project is private investor driven, it wont cost Ogun state govt a dime.
Ogun state have 3 international standard stadium, at abeokuta,ijebu-ode,ilaro
as for good roads, go check other threads on massive road construction currently going on throughout ogun state.

stop hating, massive infrastructural development is all we need in this country, thats the only way u can attract investorss to your abode,so also jobs will also be created for the teaming unemployed youths.

Every objective person knows that the Ogun State government has convergent plans in place for the holistic development of the State. Transport is actually one of the most comprehensively planned sector with an MOU signed that will deliver a light rail network to complement other forms of transport and provide an efficient overall transport mix.

All these childishly uninformed, highly ignorant and thoughtlessly negative talk are just the utterances of those in severe pain at seeing the sort of progress others are achieving. They will rather open their mouth to make ignorant noise than admit they badly envy what others are achieving.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ogun-signs-mou-on-light-rail-system/144536/

Ogun Signs MoU on Light Rail System

Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun

* Govt denies obtaining N85bn secret loan

By Sheriff Balogun

The Ogun State Government Tuesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on light rail mass transit with the China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) that would link major cities in the state as well as boost its economy.

This came as the state government last night debunked the allegations that it obtained a secret loan of N85 billion without legislative approval.

While signing the MOU in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, Amosun said there could be no development without putting the necessary infrastructures in place.

According to him, “we have been doing our best on roads but it is high time we paid attention to rail as well. We are starting the mass transit within Abeokuta metropolis. This will be extended to all our major towns including the Ado-Odo/Ota axis which will encompass all the border area with Lagos.”

He added: “Our first focus is intra-city rail mass transit, thereafter we will embark on linking the cities together. Within the next couple of years, you will begin to see the results of what we are trying to do to improve transportation of goods and services.”

Amosun said it was imperative to boost transportation in the state since its population is projected to rise significantly over the next couple of years.

In his remarks the Managing Director of CCECC, Mr. Cao Bao Gang, applauded the Amosun-led administration for its developmental vision for the state, pointing out that: “The project on completion will enhance the transportation system and contribute to the economic development of the Gateway State.”

Meanwhile, speaking when she appeared before the state House of Assembly Tuesday, the state’s Commissioner for Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun said the claim is a plot by mischief makers who bent on distracting the Senator Ibikunle Amosun government from moving on with its unprecedented transformation programme.

These mischief makers, who she said are dazed by the development so far recorded by the present administration in less than two years in office, have launched an orchestrated campaign of calumny against the government by mis-informing the people.

"Beautiful thing about number is that it is verifiable. We have only borrowed N27billion for capital projects that you and I can see in 20 years time,” Adeosun said.

She stressed that Governor Amosun, as a fellow and herself a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) cannot indulge in shady financial transaction, adding that the government has indeed in the last 22 months embarked on a financial re-engineering by blocking revenue leakages and encouraging residents to pay their tax.

The commissioner noted that this effort has yielded positive results as the state's Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) rose from the N750million being generated by the previous administration to N3billion annually.

Also according to her, this has built up the confidence of contractors and banks who have since been supporting and partnering with the government in the execution of its programmes across the state.

Adeosun denied that the state government has incurred huge debts and assured that by the time the administration ends its tenure, it will hand over a debt-free state with tremendous transformation.

Tags: News, Nigeria, Featured, CCECC
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by rodbel(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
mankevo:
Well, I dont know where you are or where yu have been, but in all honesty when you see the economic activities going on in such buildings across the globe, you will yearn for more.Why didn't America build thousands of shoping malls instead of World Trade Centre. remember included “There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
“Others are shopping mall, recreation centre, signature tower, office complex, hotels and worldclass convention centre.”

I am a proud easterner, but that vote I gave Amosun at Agura Palace Sagamu shortly before i left Naija is the only reason I smile when I hear of Nigerian democracy.
Amosun (like every other Tinubu impostor) is way smart in thinking. we need these breeds in East and not Hating good things.

My Enugu govno too aint deluded though!!

Now this is a sensible comment

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by damique(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
D begining of d incurement of debt... Can ogun cope?
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

In case you just walked in, this is my first post.

I didn't come to the thread to hate, I actually like the idea and commend it.
I am aware that most pro-PDP/anti-SW posters may not like it but I'm not one.

I am not from SE really, so don't be too hasty and narrow minded.
Nairaland can vote any body as best poster but an uncouth, untamed supposedly grown man? Check his posts on this thread alone and show me anyone that is directed at an opposing opinion that does not contain hate speech or curse words or racist speech. Almost none.pocricy
I don't have anything against him in person as I don't know him personally, but what I attacked is the hypocrisy I saw towards people who do not agree with his position. Yet I see all that everyday on any pro-PDP thread from APC critics.
If he can prove my previous post wrong, I will apologize here, on this thread.

You speak the truth about Gbawe.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Curse words and hate speech does not vindicate anyone. It will only dig the pit deeper.
If he thinks I'm wrong, he should have showed me posts where he commended good policies of GEJ or PDP and posts where he criticized bad policies of APC. If he does, I will apologize and move on.

Though I'm not pro APC, I commended Amosun for the idea, and will do same if it is achieved.

Very mature
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

if na me talk this thing, e go be like say i dont cum again. Majority of indigenes in d SW are really on d ground and all d govt could do is to build a tallest building , For who? For what?

Abi o.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ketoprofen(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
plaindealer:

You know this because you know them offline abi you don see their birth certificate?

i have been in lagos, i have said it bfr . My uncle's yoruba workers are mostly from Ogun
2) those i av met in d east have parents dat stay in lagos but are originally from osun, oyo.
3) ma yoruba classmate at nnewi is from ondo, family stays in lagos.
4) d corpers working wt me are both from Ogbomosho to be precise, but dey live in lagos.
Wait, were u trying to deny or argue dat? Most yorus in lag are not from lagos nah. See dis one o
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

Abeg, GEJ should concentrate on giving us 24hrs of electricity instead jooor.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Asoozy:

You speak the truth about Gbawe.

Another clown. Get a life and a nairaland identity, based on your own original ideas and utterances, instead of following what is said about other posters like a cheap groupie. You are both bad belle Losers and it is clear what ails you both.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Horus(m): 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
chokolatte: I hope the government is considering non stop power for the lifts .....can't imagine anyone ascending or descending a 60 floor building when there's blackout...Mr governor count the costs o

A skyscraper can have an independent power source to generate its own electricity

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Another clown. Get a life and a nairaland identity, based on your own original ideas and utterances, instead of following what is said about other posters like a cheap groupie. You are both bad belle Losers and it is clear what ails you both.

No surprises here.

You are what they say you are.
A big emotional baby who is always quick to find faults in PDP but never finds APC/ACN fallible!

An APC sycophant is all you are! Merely working hard for your pay!

I begrudge you not, after all man must wack.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nigeria, a country never known for maintainance culture.

As much as this idea excites me; I pray that it does not turn into another Tinapa.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by obas01(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
The next one would be in Lagos.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Asoozy:

No surprises here.

You are what they say you are.
A big emotional baby who is always quick to find faults in PDP but never finds APC/ACN fallible!

An APC sycophant is all you are! Merely working hard for your pay!

I begrudge you not, after all man must wack.

Mr.Loser, have you finished? Kindly find other posters to lavish your attention on because I don't want it. I don't ask people like you to read what I write, quote me or respond to my posts. Cretins like you contribute nothing and only go around noting which poster is this and that. I am always happy to avoid your kind if you do same because you are a small-minded troll incapable of writing anything I would be interested in reading.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Mr.Loser, have you finished? Kindly find other posters to lavish your attention on because I don't want it. I don't ask people like you to read what I write, quote me or respond to my posts. Cretins like you contribute nothing and only go around noting which poster is this and that. I am always happy to avoid your kind if you do same because you are a small-minded troll incapable of writing anything I would be interested in reading.

Very unrefined and uncouth. You continue to act true to the tag attached to you.

Very pretentious and emotional sod you are.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by rosebowl01(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Deolaw:

You are high on your poo. Your words smell. Igbos my foot.

I don't think he mean't that in the literal sense. You know, ibos get a high from coveting other people's stuff. Eventually, they'll claim that they are the ones building Ogun state while Yorubas are just taxing them.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Seempliehuman(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pls understand why the igbos would be mad.In a few more years,they'll lose the right to say 'after lagos developed by everybody,which of your other cities is developed'.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ADJAMES: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okeikpu: No light o, no clean water o, no healthcare o, with 70% unemployment... Why not build d tallest building in d world?

Bros, is it the Malasyian that should provide healthcare, clean water and employment? Didnt u read that part says it ll be financed by a Malasyian company? So its possible a dime of the Ogun state govt's funds might not be spent on the project.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Asoozy:

Very unrefined and uncouth. You continue to act true to the tag attached to you.

Very pretentious and emotional sod you are.

Blah, blah, blah. Just put a sock in it and get lost. Clearly you are a grade A cretin with nothing worthwhile to contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Asoozy: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Blah, blah, blah. Just put a sock in it and get lost. Clearly you are a grade A cretin with nothing worthwhile to contribute.

I intend to assist you in making a right fool of yourself here.

Plonker!
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Inoknowbook: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind him. He should show one example where I am commenting negatively and senselessly over the affairs of others especially in relation to progressive development that will better the lives of stakeholders and end-users. Some of these guys are so petty and childish. When upright folks lose it and get angry over their non-stop obsession with fraudulent character assassination they then pretend to have done nothing wrong and try and make you the bad guy. Those I tell off here know themselves.

This TechyGuy character should have stayed out of it and not have angered me comparing me to nauseating bigots who run around NL calling Yorubas all sort of unprintable name and peddling all manners of ungodly stereotypes about Yoruba folks that now floods any google search made about "Yoruba are .....". Go and see the nasty things google reveal that has emanated from Nairaland alone and written by the hateful characters who show up on these sort of threads to walk around unchallenged while operating with impunity. Decent Yorubas should stop standing for it and must begin telling these wicked souls to get lost if all they want to do is slander, insult and malign us. Evil thrives when good men do nothing.

You are too vile and disgusting. Why do you resort to vituperation when you address others and the next minute you start playing holier than thou attitude? You are simply filled with hate. The sooner you realized that others had the right and could criticize a post without having ulterior motive, the better for you. Whenever someone has a contrary opinion to yours, the next thing is for you to conclude that the person is attacking the SW. If there's a person that has contributed more to the absurd level of discourse on this forum, it is you. Please, free up your soul and try and see beyond your tribal rants.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
ADJAMES:

Bros, is it the Malasyian that should provide healthcare, clean water and employment? Didnt u read that part says it ll be financed by a Malasyian company? So its possible a dime of the Ogun state govt's funds might not be spent on the project.

The reality is that these sort of urban regeneration projects , driven largely by the private sector, are becoming rather common across Africa and signalling an exciting time for a continent long overdue for a construction boom. They are literally everywhere and are perfect responses for a continent where greater availability of private cash is stepping in to address developmental challenges and decades of neglect that sees much of Africa resembling a place time forgot.

We are in an age where Countries must deliberately plan and strategize for socio-economic efficacy and to be competitive or get left behind. Personally, I am glad the SW is positioning itself well for the future.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21658149

Ghana's John Mahama launches Hope City project

Ghana's President John Mahama has launched a project to build a $10bn (£6.6bn) IT hub near the capital, Accra, within three years.

Dubbed Hope City, it will have Africa's tallest building, at a height of 270m (885ft), an investor says.

It will be built on empty land and will employ about 50,000 people and house 25,000 people, the investor adds.

In January, Kenya unveiled plans to build an "Africa's Silicon Savannah" within 20 years at a cost of $14.5bn.

Kenya's Konza Technology City, about 60km (37 miles) from the capital, Nairobi, is supposed to create more than 200,000 jobs by 2030.

What we are trying to do here is to develop the apps [applications] from scratch”

RLG Communications CEO
Roland Agambire
Mr Mahama said the private sector would spearhead the building of Hope City.

"Government has led growth since independence with all the major investments... The time has come for the private sector to take over," he said at the project's launch.

"We can see that already in several sectors, including ICT [information, communications and technology] and telecom."

The head of local technology giant RLG Communications, Roland Agambire, told the BBC that his company was investing in Hope City with the aim of making Ghana globally competitive.

"What we are trying to do here is to develop the apps [applications] from scratch," he said.

"This will enable us to have the biggest assembling plant in the world to assemble various products - over one million within a day," he said.

The IT hub would be made up of six towers, including a 75-storey, 270m-high tower, "the highest in Africa", RLG Communications says on its website.

"Hope City will provide work for 50,000 people and will host 25,000 inhabitants," it adds.

It would include an IT university, a residential area, a hospital, as well as social and sporting amenities, the BBC's Sammy Darko reports from Accra.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Emperor007: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2013

This Ogun State governor must be doing well, he's been attracting foreign investors.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by godman01(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Finish the roads first o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Kidnapped Nasarawa Police Officers Rescued / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa State / Blockade: Meat Scarcity, High Food Prices Persist In Lagos, Ibadan, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.