Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (14299 Views)

Is Heaven Really Pure & Without Sin? / Christianity Without Sin / How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
emmyskies: yes. A hundred percent. I am a living testimony. For Christ said ''Be thou perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect''. To show that we can be perfect. Job was perfect, all the prophets were perfect. The saints were perfect. And guess what, im trying to be perfect. And by His grace, I shall be a hundred percent free from the bondage of sin. May the peace of Christ be with you all. And may God grace and help those of you who are striving for perfection. Amen

You misunderstand Jesus words. if you wish, we can get the meaning of Jesus words in that verse. "ALL have sinned" includes job.

but God makes some people perfect, not by their human efforts but through grace by the blood of Jesus.

not that effort is not required, but that by your effort, you can never be perfect cos we have an inborn imperfection in us. only through grace, can God wash the imperfection away. but as far as you are in this world you can still sin because you can often make mistakes. however, only when we allow that sin to become master over us can God reject us.

though when God declare people righteous, they are perfect in his eyes, but that doesnt prevent them from sinning because they have a weak flesh of imperfection from birth. only may we not become slaves to this weak flesh.

however, when the ones who are declared righteous sin, God accepts their prayer for forgiveness and cleanses them again based on the blood of Jesus.

So it is bribe that make us think that we can be perfect based on our effort.

NO MAN CAN LIVE A PERFECT LIFE. God grants perfection based on GRACE thru the blood of the lamb.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
haibe:

Okay now you bring the issue of me being self righteous?? Because i said its possible to live righteous without sin by the grace of God??

What then is self-righteousness if you are being righteous by God's grace??
and the holy spirit bears witness with you have not commited any sin.

Now tell me, when you are confessing to God for sins you don't know about, what do you tell him you him?
As Job rightly put it, Can a mortal be more righteous than God,or can a man be purer than his Maker? Behold, He does not trust His servants and He casts reproach upon His angels.(Job 4:17-18.), for this reason, I ask God for forgiveness of whatever sins I might have committed. It doesn't hurt if I say that in prayer to my Creator, by Whose grace I can live a holy and righteous life.
I want you to know that there is no creation that is perfect; the only one that is perfect is the Creator.(Matthew 19:17).
Man has been endowed with the inclination for both good and bad, while angels do not have an evil inclination and, therefore, cannot sin in the conventional meaning of the word.
There are two types of sins. The first is the most common kind, a sin that comes through the evil inclination enticing us to do wrong. But there is another sort of sin which does not come through the evil inclination; on the contrary, this sin is transgressed out of"holiness."
Read Numbers 20:12).

What did Moses do that warranted such a severe penalty from the Lord? First, Moses disobeyed a direct command from God. God had commanded Moses to speak to the rock. Instead, Moses struck the rock with his staff. Second, Moses took the credit for bringing forth the water. Notice how in verse 10 Moses says, "Must we [referring to Moses and Aaron] bring you water out of this rock?" Moses took credit for the miracle himself, instead of attributing it to God. Third, Moses committed this sin in front of all the Israelites. Such a public example of direct disobedience could not go unpunished. Fourth, it seems that God had intended to present a type of Christ in this circumstance. The water-giving rock is used as a symbol of Christ in 1 Corinthians 10:4. The rock was struck once in Exodus 17:6, just like Christ was crucified once ( Hebrews 7:27). Moses’ speaking to the rock in Numbers 20 was to be a picture of prayer; instead, Moses angrily struck the rock, in effect, crucifying Christ again. His punishment for disobedience, pride, and the misrepresentation of Christ’s sacrifice was that he was barred from entering the Promised Land.Even angels who were sent to destroy Sodom transgressed. When an angel is sent on a divine mission, it is meant to fulfill that duty while putting its own identity totally aside. However, when the angels went to destroy Sodom, they spoke as if they themselves were going todestroy the city. While this had no impact upon the actual mission, it nevertheless was considered a sin in that it distorted the truth of their role in that mission. This was an error due to their imperfections, rather than a failure to fulfill a divine mission.

Job was the most upright in his days, yet God finds faults in him. Even after we've been saved through the acceptance of Christ, we can not write-off the possibilities of transgresing against God. It may not be murder, fornication and the sorts, it might an action or a deed, so negligible, and done with good intentions. As long as humans are instinctive, little mistakes are not impossible. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel secured and justified asking God for forgiveness in my prayers even when I feel I've done no wrong. I careless about asking God for anything else sometimes and do end prayers after giving thanks and asking Him for forgiveness of whatever I might've done wrong.
You can also read my comment on 1John I posted previously.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by infolpf: 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
To focus on sin is to live under the law. To be CONSCIOUS of sin, but live without FEAR of sin, is to live under grace. That which I am conscious of, I find myself avoiding without thinking about it. That which I fear, I find myself attracted to, or attracted to me. Jesus Christ, by His blood, has granted me a grace so precious that I find myself avoiding sin without thinking about it, and when (inevitably, as a fallible human) I fall, my consciousness immediately convicts me.

Live above sin, not in fear of sin
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by jorne: 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
It is possible by not conforming to the world as it is written in Romans 12:2
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
We live by underserved kindness.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by xxflora(f): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
Its only by his grace
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by escavros: 12:17am On Aug 22, 2013
Dr.Gboy:
Considering the high degree of pervertness and immorality in the world today, I really ask myself if it is actually possible to live a completely sinless life at least even for a month ( without jealousy, contempt, lies, bitterness , anger e.t.c)

I wonder if it is actually possible ?

Galatians 5: 16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh" my dear friend, it is actually possible to live a sinless life by walking in the spirit and remaing constantly in the place of prayer as you go about your daily affairs will keep you always in the spirit. Prayer is our power over sin.

God help you as you practice
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2013
Being sinless on your own is impossible. It's a gift God has given through Jesus Christ.

The bible says whoever is born again does not sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer Is Important But Praise Is More Important / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text / I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.