Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon (3960 Views)

6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Tejufemi(f): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2013
Monicasque:

wow. SO there are people who still think like this. Tell me when last did u check your hiv status? You brother? sister? cousin? uncle? or your lover? Let me ask u, what would happen if your cousin contracted the deases? would u never allow them in your house? Would u never eat their food? undecided
wts up wt d way i think?i shud b asking u dat....i am not saying I'll stigmatize dem,make dem feel unwanted&terrible,but show dem love....not 2d extent of exposing myself wen wisdom will say don't share sharp objects,else,contraction....bring it on tongue
Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Monicasque(f): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2013
Tejufemi:
wts up wt d way i think?i shud b asking u dat....i am not saying I'll stigmatize dem,make dem feel unwanted&terrible,but show dem love....not 2d extent of exposing myself wen wisdom will say don't share sharp objects,else,contraction....bring it on tongue

well if that is how u feel. So how would u feel if u did not get a certain job just because of your status? So an hiv + mother should never cook for her kids?
Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by cinammon(f): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Monicasque:

well if that is how u feel. So how would u feel if u did not get a certain job just because of your status? So an hiv + mother should never cook for her kids?

An HIV positive mother or relative is different from a total stranger who u r employing as 'a help'...haven't u heard enof bizzare stories to make u cautious U can't keep an infected relative away because U love and TRUST them, it's d natural family bond...but U can't rate 'd help' same as u rate a family member...this is because no matter how u try to b nice, evrybody has their own intentions @heart...I knw of a frend whose house help used needles to puncture ha eyeball wen she was just 3yrs old, now she's a full grown lady wit jus one eye...u take in a stranger who is HIV+, what if they decide 2 secretly nd deliberately transmit d disease to the innocent kids?? Testing 'the help' doesn't mean discrimination, u can't totally trust a stranger wit ur family.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Monicasque(f): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2013
cinammon:

An HIV positive mother or relative is different from a total stranger who u r employing as 'a help'...haven't u heard enof bizzare stories to make u cautious U can't keep an infected relative away because U love and TRUST them, it's d natural family bond...but U can't rate 'd help' same as u rate a family member...this is because no matter how u try to b nice, evrybody has their own intentions @heart...I knw of a frend whose house help used needles to puncture ha eyeball wen she was just 3yrs old, now she's a full grown lady wit jus one eye...u take in a stranger who is HIV+, what if they decide 2 secretly nd deliberately transmit d disease to the innocent kids?? Testing 'the help' doesn't mean discrimination, u can't totally trust a stranger wit ur family.

lets us just hope u or anyone close to u will never be rejected for a job just because of their hiv status

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by amtheone(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
cinammon:

Cina, I quite understand how you feel about this issue. Its a difficult task. It really got me thinking if people can willingly accept "house helps" who are HIV+ to take charge of their children. I remembered where I work before, a girl was sent packing just because she tested hiv+.

Indeed it's a difficult decision to make considering the fact that their job detail is quite sensitive. It is different from official job.

#amreallythinking#

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by EveryLadY(f): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
chaircover: @mascot, I am not going to knock your girlfriends parents because they must have their own reasons for their own parenting style, but the fact that they do it, doesn't mean that all parents should automatically do it.

. . . But I am going to tell you this . . .and that there is a lot more to bringing a child up than checking her hymen every 6 months. May I ask, how her parents are checking that their sons are not sexually active too . . .or is it only the daughters that count?.

The parents should be more concerned in bringing up as well adjusted young woman in every area and not just the fact that she is keeping her hymen. Of what good is a hymen if she is going to be a rubbish wife, mother, colleague, neighbor, employee, employer etc

If they have done their job well, they should as parents be in a position to be able to trust and vouch for her anyway. So if she is in UNI abroad, will they bring her home every 6 months for the virginity test?

Keep an open door policy and give the child an opportunity to be able to come to you and tell you anything, and the child will confide in you and you will be surprised at what you can talk about and prevent even before it happens.

Fear is not the best way to bring up a child. Yes it works sometimes but not always. The parents could be doing their virginity test and she may be having anall sex with a man . . .how can the parents test for that?

thanks Madam CC for this more balanced and reasonable disposition. @mascot's option is way too barbaric and outlandish for normal decent family

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
I won't call it barbaric... To each and his owns.

I'm huge fan of Arranged marriage in this day and age( yes) .... Knocking down my belief/ option and To call that barbaric will be an insult to my ego cool
Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 20, 2013
That no,6 point is rubbish
Nobody leads anyone to do anything
People cheat because they want to,it is not an involuntary action.
Re: A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2013
mascot87: one more thing,when your girl child attains the age of 7-8,carryout virginity test on her every six month and let her know how disappointed you will be if she losses her virginity for any reason other than marriage.
..this is so disturbing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Chat Between Father And Son(photos) / Why Are People So Rude On NL? / Please Help!!! I Don't Understand What Is Wrong With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.