Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,768 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? (4287 Views)

Elaho: The Most Powerful Benin Diety / Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=debosky]

Christ has no beginning because God has no beginning - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

grin grin

[size=14pt]Matthew 1:18 - "This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about"[/size]

[size=14pt]Luke 1:30b-31 - “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus."[/size]
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2013
hisblud:

Ok so you are in agreement that Yashua pre-existed?

What did he preexist as ?
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by uboma(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2013
hisblud:

No Frosbel has not but always claim to have dealt with issues raised, he comes in, post a little, leaves others to keep speaking, then repeats the steps above... do you take that as a serious discourse on his part?

Secondly, you have failed to take the verses presented in context rather you brought forth some "logical thinking" to help hide your disbelief... so if you have nothing to say, just pass or else take apart the scriptures apart

Check the threads on the Religion Section very well and you will see that the trinity doctrine is not new here on Nairaland. It has been thrashed extensively.

I still repeat that i will not engage in any argument with you and co-horts because your minds are already blinded to the scriptural truth. Any further argument will simply be pointless but i still maintain my stand that the trinity doctrine is baseless and unscriptural.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by debosky(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2013
@ frosbel

Philippians 2:5-7
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant,being made in human likeness.

Note the word being - not created, not became, but being as in present-continuous. Also note the word taking - taking on a different nature, which is what happened at his birth.

Also note the words of Jesus himself:
John 8:58
"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2013
debosky: @ frosbel

Philippians 2:5-7
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant,being made in human likeness.

Note the word being - not created, not became, but being as in present-continuous. Also note the word taking - taking on a different nature, which is what happened at his birth.

He had the nature of GOD, he could not have been God, there is ONE God, not Two Gods, smh.

So let me ask you a question :

If Jesus pre-existed and had no beginning, then do you at least agree that the Man Jesus had a beginning ?
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by debosky(m): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2013
frosbel:
He had the nature of GOD, he could not have been God, there is ONE God, not Two Gods, smh.

How can one have the nature of God and not be God? When did he have this nature of God and when did he take on the nature of man?

What is Jesus? Is he God, a 'god', or a man? Asked numerous times, but Frosbel constantly equivocates.

So let me ask you a question :

If Jesus pre-existed and had no beginning, then do you at least agree that the Man Jesus had a beginning ?

Of course I agree - clearly all human form has a beginning. The verses you posted show that.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by uboma(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2013
debosky:

Christ has no beginning because God has no beginning - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Even if we use your preferred-version of 'and what God was, the Word was', we still come to the same conclusion.

Colosians 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature" according to the The Holy Bible, Authorized King James Version. the above cited verse refers to Jesus Christ as the "firstborn of all creation/every creature. You can still read from verse 1 down to verse 15, so you will be fully convinced that, 'Jesus Christ' was the subject of reference. If you still don't believe this, then you are indeed blind to the truth as contained in God's Word, the Bible.
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2013
frosbel:

In other words you are Lazy

Lazy... rather am showing that you should stop being dishonest, claiming you have trashed something when you have not done anything of that nature.... grin
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=debosky]

How can one have the nature of God and not be God? When did he have this nature of God and when did he take on the nature of man?

Can we then infer, in all honesty from the scripture below that we are also GODs

"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." - 2 Peter 1:4

What is Jesus? Is he God, a 'god', or a man? Asked numerous times, but Frosbel constantly equivocates.

When asked this question, Peter called him Messiah and Nathaniel called him Son of God. Furthermore, Satan and the demons called him Son of the most high God.

What does DEBOSKY call him : GOD.

Mate , you are on your own with this heresy.

smiley

Of course I agree - clearly all human form has a beginning. The verses you posted show that.

So Jesus the man had a beginning, but Jesus the God had no beginning ?
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
hisblud:

Lazy... rather am showing that you should stop being dishonest, claiming you have trashed something when you have not done anything of that nature.... grin

you are a newbie, I do not indulge lazy students. wink
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by BERNIMOORE: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
hisblud:

Ok so you are in agreement that Yashua pre-existed?

yes!
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

yes!

as what ?
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2013
frosbel:

What did he preexist as ?

It was to BERNIMOORE.
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2013
uboma:

Check the threads on the Religion Section very well and you will see that the trinity doctrine is not new here on Nairaland. It has been thrashed extensively.

I still repeat that i will not engage in any argument with you and co-horts because your minds are already blinded to the scriptural truth. Any further argument will simply be pointless but i still maintain my stand that the trinity doctrine is baseless and unscriptural.

ok which post(s) link, can you help on the issue i have raised.... cheesy
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2013
^^^

Start from here - http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site%3Anairaland.com+++Trinity&sa=Search
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 20, 2013
uboma:

Thanks Uboma... I stopped replying too cos I noticed they are not open to know what is true or not. They have blinded themselves and yet saying they want to learn... so its not worth shouting on

1 Like

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2013
frosbel:

as what ?
To Yashua Pre existence of course
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by asadokie: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

frosbel, im sorry, i disagree with you that jesus did not pre-exist, but that discussion will be ironed out maybe you create another thread then i join you there, to avoid distraction here and not neccesarily be at loggerhead with you which may cause the discussion boring,

because i do agree with some good points you do have on the false trinity teaching which is unscriptural!

yes, i will mention the form that jesus pre-existed, and you may not yet agree or convinced, but let us treat that on another tread, i ll join you there! thanks

oh u believe that christ preexisted but u dont agree with the trinitarian dogma? ur brand is a new one i guess. smh.

you r all wasting your time arguing about things u know nothing about. how much sense does it make that one man dies and his blood washes away my sins? someone who Lived thousands of years ago. do yourselves a favor and live the christian life of genuine charity and holiness, not arguing on things u know nothing about, and things that would not affect you rating in the sight of God wether u r right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by debosky(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Can we then infer, in all honesty from the scripture below that we are also GODs

"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." - 2 Peter 1:4

No we are not - Jesus didn't become 'partaker' of the divine nature due to a promise, just as God did not become a partaker, hence there is no comparison. He has always had a divine nature - the Word that was God.

When asked this question, Peter called him Messiah and Nathaniel called him Son of God. Furthermore, Satan and the demons called him Son of the most high God.

What does DEBOSKY call him : GOD.

Mate , you are on your own with this heresy.

What did Isaiah call him? Or are those the only references to Jesus in the bible?

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6

What did Thomas call him? John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Still equivocating I see.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Enigma(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
And what did God the Father call Him?

"O God"! Hebrews 1:8

asadokie:

oh u believe that christ preexisted but u dont agree with the trinitarian dogma? ur brand is a new one i guess. smh.

you r all wasting your time arguing about things u know nothing about. how much sense does it make that one man dies and his blood washes away my sins? someone who Lived thousands of years ago. do yourselves a favor and live the christian life of genuine charity and holiness, not arguing on things u know nothing about, and things that would not affect you rating in the sight of God wether u r right or wrong.

Good point!
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by BERNIMOORE: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @Hisblud

im posting this to you for the third time,

[size=14pt]jesus pre-exist as a spirit 'messenger' or 'messenger of covenant' "behold, he shall come" [/size]
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by BERNIMOORE: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

malachi 3:1 gave us the hint of what form that jesus pre-existed;

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom you seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even [b]the messenger of the covenant, whom you delight in[/b]: behold, he shall come, says the LORD of hosts".

God which is the father rightly reffered to jesus his son jesus as ' messenger of the covenant' note that he is still yet to sent jesus while he was making this pronouncement, yet he reffered to jesus while in heaven as 'my messenger.........shall come'

this shows you that he was not equal with the father!

jesus emptied himself 'by being obedient to go for an errand proposed by the father'(submission)

now when did jesus took the form of a servant? below shows that it was when he was made lower than the angels

hebrew 2:9

King James Bible

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death"....,

Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by BERNIMOORE: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Enigma: And what did God the Father call Him?

"O God"! Hebrews 1:8

Good point!

why not quote the next verse? verse 9

at what point did God personally call jesus God, evidently it was after his ressurection to heaven,not in his pre existence

im not saying that christ is not a God, but lesser to the supreme God,father

that is why the next verse stressed below;

Hebrews 1:9

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness [size=14pt]above thy fellows[/size].

who are jesus fellows here,

the answer is found(bolded) in the same hebrew chapter

heb 1:4

Hebrews 1:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Being made so much better than the [size=14pt]angels[/size], as he hath [size=14pt]by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they[/size][angels].

jesus by default is NOT A GOD! but by inheritance having obeyed his father to the point of death he inherit those accolades!
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
Why don't we base the entire Trinity doctrine on Hebrews 1:8, even though the Holy Spirit is not mentioned , and even though God has a God in Hebrew 1:9.

Confusion Galore and SMH.

smiley
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Start from here - http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site%3Anairaland.com+++Trinity&sa=Search

Good links to read on... but for the topic at hand.. in what FORM was Yashua when He said the Father was greater than He?

And by the way you have given me a motherload of info Thanks
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
debosky:

No we are not - Jesus didn't become 'partaker' of the divine nature due to a promise, just as God did not become a partaker, hence there is no comparison. He has always had a divine nature - the Word that was God.

What did Isaiah call him? Or are those the only references to Jesus in the bible?

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6

What did Thomas call him? John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Still equivocating I see.

The Jews accused Him for making Himself equal to God when He said I and the Father are one
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

[size=14pt]jesus pre-exist as a spirit 'messenger' or 'messenger of covenant' "behold, he shall come" [/size]

Well am not by this thread trying to define the TYPE of His pre-existence, my question is to those that DENY His pre-existence.
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
hmm

Yes another Anti Trinitarian thread, wink Just finished my work and was thinking of what I should write again that has intrigued me about the Anti Trinitarian stands. Oh I remembered, I was having some discussion with one called frank and one post he made is what I did like to bring up here.

This is his post

Frank4YAHWEH:
Yahshua said the FATHER was GREATER than he, so they can not be equal in that sense.

And rightly so, Yashua did say this:

John 14:28
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
KJV

Now this is my question to all you anti-trinitarian that don’t believe in the pre-existence of Yashua [are there anti Trinitarian that believe in Yashua’s pre-existence? wink], in what FORM was Yashua when He made the above statement, as a Form of God or Form of a Servant?

Using this verse for a start

Phil 2:5-8
5 For let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man.
8 He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.

Douay-Rheims

[size=18pt]Now which is which: FORM OF GOD or FORM OF SERVANT when He made the statement that the Father was greater than Him? [/size]

Thanks
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by bizmahn: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
- I don't think trinity or no trinity dogma will earn anyone a place in heaven.Rather living above wilful sin inside & outside.So I think we should just shun these trinity arguements.
-Trinity can simply be likened to a PERFECT SCENARIO husband & wife relationship.The two become one yet they are seperate personalities & the husband is the head.In the trinity three are one in PERFECT UNITY,PURITY,PURPOSE etc but they are three distinct personalities & the father is the head.If trinity is not the name you prefer for this,give it another worthy name & its all the same thing.Simple as ABC.
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2013
hisblud: hmm

Yes another Anti Trinitarian thread, wink Just finished my work and was thinking of what I should write again that has intrigued me about the Anti Trinitarian stands. Oh I remembered, I was having some discussion with one called frank and one post he made is what I did like to bring up here.

This is his post

And rightly so, Yashua did say this:

Now this is my question to all you anti-trinitarian that don’t believe in the pre-existence of Yashua [are there anti Trinitarian that believe in Yashua’s pre-existence? wink], in what FORM was Yashua when He made the above statement, as a Form of God or Form of a Servant?

Using this verse for a start

[size=18pt]Now which is which: FORM OF GOD or FORM OF SERVANT when He made the statement that the Father was greater than Him? [/size]

Thanks

I can see you are not ready to learn... So its useless telling you anything... If you really want to learn, I expect you to have learnt something from what everyone has been saying and even if you dont understand, i expect you to have reframed ur question. Ure just trying to move people away from the truth of the Gospel and you are nothing but the son of ELYMAS described in Act 13. Get ye behind me!

Un-subscribing from this thread.
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2013
ledafaze:

I can see you are not ready to learn... So its useless telling you anything... If you really want to learn, I expect you to have learnt something from what everyone has been saying and even if you dont understand, i expect you to have reframed ur question. Ure just trying to move people away from the truth of the Gospel and you are nothing but the son of ELYMAS described in Act 13. Get ye behind me!

Un-subscribing from this thread.

You are welcome to unsubscribe.. since you cant answer a PLAIN QUESTION as this... i wonder who is really not ready to learn shocked And oops.. calling me son of elymas hahaha.... calling the son of God, indwelt by the Spirit of Truth.. ahaha... oh is it that the question has raised a question on your belief that Yashua is just a mere man and nothing more...sorry bros .... Yashua aint ordinary man like Michael Jackson, Pope John Paul, T.B Joshua...etc or even YOU ... reread the question again and if you are sincere you would have simply admitted that is that... and stop playing to the gallery...
Re: Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2013
Before i raise the question to another level, i decided to change the topic from "Anti-Trinitarian" to "Anti-Diety of Christ" because in this thread, i want it to be central to Yahshua Ha' Mashiya. So that somebody will not bring up a topic , idea to derail the topic at hand.

Now looking at the verses posted about Yahshua... Yashua rightly said that the Father is greater than Him. Now the question now arises, in what FORM was Yahshua when He made that statement....comparing phil 2.6, shows that there paul was stating two FORMS, Form of God and Form of Servant.

Phil 2:5-9

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

KJV

Almost all the translation are in agreement with the above tranlation.

Now lets look at WHO was being spoken of in this verses...

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

In verse 5, we are admonished to have the same mind as YAHSHUA, so the central figure here is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit nor angels nor mere men that paul was referring to for us to emulate.

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Now still on Yahshua, Paul is emphasizing an existence, which Yahshua had which is FORM OF GOD. Now paul was talking of mind we should have, here paul stated that Yahshua considered it not robbery to be equal with God.
In some translation, interprete it thus...
Phil 2:6

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly graspedor retained,
AMP

6 Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

He was like God in every way,
but he did not think that his being equal with God was something to use for his own benefit.
Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version, Revised Edition, copyright © 1987, 1999, 2005 World Bible Translation Center. All rights reserved.

My question is answered in this 2 verses, that WHAT FORM WAS YAHSHUA WHEN HE SAID THE FATHER WAS GREATER THAN HIM

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

From the above verse, we observe that Yahshua made of Himself of no reputation and took the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of mere men... therefore we can safely conclude that Yahshua made that awesome statement that the Father was greater than Him when He [Yahshua] was in the FORM OF A SERVANT, likeness of mere man and in that FORM, He humbled Himself and became subjected to death on the cross....

So this is all that i invited those who were Anti-Diety of Christ to simply answer and they decided to shout themselves hoarse....

Now with this revelation by paul of the Form of Yahshua, we can start to understand some thorny verses that the Anti-Diety of Christ have used to declare that He was ONLY BUT A MERE MAN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. / The Four-legged Flying Insect Bible(leviticus 11:20-23). / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.