Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" (3397 Views)

11 Things Guys Want Women To Stop During In Bed / 18 Secrets Men Want Women To Know / Top 20 Things Men Want Women To Do Inrelationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2005
The man's words are in blue, and the lady's reaction is in red! Whose side are you on?

If you have something on your mind do not play the psychologist in situations that its not needed with smart guys (people like myself) because you will get found out - just be straight from the get go.

Like seriously. sometimes you know what you did or said wrong. I don't blame the girl for giving you silent treatment. Yes, being straight up is the best but sometimes both parties will leave stuff until later, because you never know if you wasted your breath in saying too much.

When we say we comin to check you later we did not say 6 o'clock

6pm is the standard time for later. Don't say "later"; why can't you be straight up for once and say "I will see you when I see you" or "baby I will see you later say around 10pm or whenever". Specify a time, so she won't be waiting on you.

You do not have to jump up in the morning to look pretty when we open our eyes

Since some of them are already pretty, they might not do this. Some pretty ones are the vain ones, so they are the ones you shoudl talk to about that.

Do not ask us to come out with you, knowing fully well it's Sunday 3:00pm and you can hear Sky SPorts throughout the whole house.

Well, do not ask us to come out with you too, because if a woman can give up manicure or hanging with her friends and doing better things with family or working to be with you, you'd better once in awhile give up Sky Sports! It's a reciprocal thing, look into it

When a guy wants to compliment you on how good you look (like myself) son't assume it's because I'm on a mission
There is a reason behind the compliment. If not now, it might be later. Chances are, you are buttering up to the needed thing. aka where the mission comes in.

When it comes down to it you do not need to look like anyone of those video chicks for us to like you really - they just a fantasy - but if you do look like that we aint complaining!

And you're not going to marry those fantasy look-alikes either. You're going to marry a "down-to-earth", yet you stare at the fantasy like Urhobo seeing saldine. Why won't she be angry?

The friends we keep/people you see us with do not necessarily reflect who we are.

Ol boy, if you are friends with armed robber, that is what you are. You will not see me near you, because [the police] will carry all of you away. The friends you keep reflect on you but they do not say the kind of person you are. They generally cast a shadow on you, such that some people might not want to take a chance on you because of who you hang out with. According to BG "birds of the same feather flock together"

I wish women wouldn't drop that "well if you really cared about me......." line at times they fully know[/b]would [b]not get a favourable response.

No harm in trial!

Do not wake me or trample all over my face because there's a spider at the other side of the house

Well na ajebuta be that na (only a pampered girl will do that), or the white girl you are with, not a Nigerian woman who would have taken a broom to hit the thing even on your head. So leave that side, please.

Dont ask us "which dress do you like better" when we say they are both nice, then when we give an answer you want a police accurate report.

You seem to hangout with such vain woman. If you all really got to go and you both don't have that much time, there won't be no time for which dress, which shoes? schwepppss na ajebo u dey flow with?

It's nothing personal when I just want to step out on my own/with my boys once in a while

Likewise, if you are out in the stripper club, don't think I'm not. They have male strippers too.

Ask the guy before you set up house under his roof!

Yeah right. Did he ask me before him set camp on my ====?

You don't have to cut your friend of 10 years plus off, because you've met a man

Totally agree.

Please don't use sex as a weapon, its such a turn off

What should they use?

Mind games are a no no! Just be upfront, you save time and energy that way.

Mind games, like you all don't play it too. Men are the most serious mind games players ever. You keep all quiet when you really want to say something. "Guess what's i'm thinking with this face?" like we should know. So if you all are always upfront, your girl will be upfront too.

When we make plans with you to go out, please try to be on time (When you make plan with your girl and both parties agrees to leave at 6pm most of the time they are never ready. This one I don't really understand)

Confused, like I said before, some guys do this too. They never show up on time assuming the ladies will be late. Can you seriously count the amount of times your girl had to wait for you when you said 'baby I will be there in 20 minutes" and she didn't give so much of a fuse? Please!

By the way, it's okay to initiate intimacy sometimes. Men also like to be desired.

If she initiates, you'll begin to pretend as if you didn't initially want it. Please! You all don't know what you want sometimes, and black men would be acting funny when a woman steps up to them, like they're primitive or something.

Naijalife is the lady in question, and the source is TalkNaija, a sister forum. Your reactions are welcome.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2005
Wow, that's a lot to take in!

In some instances I agree with the guy and in others I agree with the woman.

Both sexes need to be more considerate towards the other ALSO taking the time to study the guy or girl you want to be with will help a lot. Pay attention to his/her likes and dislikes and continue to find ways to improve the relationship instead of complaining about what does/ doesn't happen.

My take on just a few of the things mentioned:

Guys, let the lady vent. She's not looking for you to solve her problem, just looking for someone to listen.

Gals, don't expect the most sincerest thing to come from the man's mouth after rambling off about the days events. Men don't like every little detail, they like to hear the main point.

Guys, acknowledge when a woman is speaking to you and/ or let her know it's not a good time instead of sitting there saying, "uh-huh, uh-huh. . . uh, what was that you said?"

Gals don't expect the man to know what you're thinking

Guys, make it so the lady feels welcome to tell you her thoughts.

Ok, I did say just a few wink I'll stop here.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Seun(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2005
Nice contribution, vexxy. All the things you've mentioned should apply to friendship, too. Friends should be able to listen to each other. Active listening is a skill that I believe only a few people are wiling to learn. Sometimes people just want to be understood, they do not want their problems solved. You shouldn't need to get a sex-partner simply because you want someone to listen to you.

All I can say from my experience is that I hate nagging or pettiness.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2005
Active listening is a skill that will help in any and every kind of relationship.  Besides, we have TWO ears and only ONE mouth.  We should do TWICE as much listening as talking.  wink

Everyone wants to be understood but not to many people take the time to understand.  If that makes sense.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by kazey(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2005
<snip>
Active listening skills, hmm? are we saying that someone has to listen and be ready to listen to someone all the time?

Meaning even you are not in the mood for it, you should be able to compromise? Or are we saying that once the communication channel is set there shouldnt be a one way talk? which one?
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2005
I think there is a time for everything.

There is a time to be heard, and a time to do the listening.

At times you may have someone come to you, not really wanting feedback, just wanting to vent stress. They are not looking for you to judge, criticize, or to give them a solution. They simply want a live person to talk to.

We lack that at times. We cut them off, we don't take time to truly understand what it is they're saying, we miss the point. We don't sympathize with them or share their joy or anguish. Before they're finished one sentence we are already thinking of what to say instead of just letting them talk.

That's what I refer to as active listening.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by fabian(f): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2005
Vexxy, I never got to say welcome! You sound so mature, and come accross as farrrrrrr older than your age. Two ears and One mouth huh? That kinda sums it all up for me.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by hotangel2(f): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2005
What can i say to this? Sounds like the truth.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by gina34(f): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2005
i kind of agree with the lady in some part and the guy too.
In some issue concernig men and women makes me laugh sometimes.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by legry(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2005
vexxy:

I think there is a time for everything.

There is a time to be heard, and a time to do the listening.

At times you may have someone come to you, not really wanting feedback, just wanting to vent stress. They are not looking for you to judge, criticize, or to give them a solution. They simply want a live person to talk to.

We lack that at times. We cut them off, we don't take time to truly understand what it is they're saying, we miss the point. We don't sympathize with them or share their joy or anguish. Before they're finished one sentence we are already thinking of what to say instead of just letting them talk.

That's what I refer to as active listening.

Vexxy (funny name) Okay you are right  but my question now is what happens to a guy that has to listen all the time to this particular person and he is tired of listening why cause the woman has weyyyy too much drama around her and when i say weyyy too muuch i mean weyyy to much, this type of woman has so much issues around her that you having any form of issue is sin to her, and he likes the girl but damn the pressure she puts him under cause all she wants is for him to listen and listen and listen and listen and liste and listenn.................. and it goes on and on and on and on and on till you alomost loose your mind and yep that part you say about a solution not being needed is not entirely true, i feel somewhere at the back your minds you would not mind a solution or answer to your worries by your man every time you complain to him but you say all you want him to do is just listening, and when the guy ends up leaving her she wonders what ever happend or the guy is just a bastard i dont know but you women are just a tiny bit confused atimes
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2005
yes..............
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by angelak(f): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2005
Understanding the minds of both sexes is an ART that we all must learn if we intend to have a fulfilling relationship.

When i mean ART, i mean it as an ability or a skill that one must develop with training and practice. It involves research work, compling of data received, analyzing the data received,developing of strategies, implementing it, and then monitoring to see if you are getting the desired result.

If the result is negative, re-strategize if given a second chance or if you think the partner is worth it.
If positive, Thank God but remember that time changes and people do, so be on the alert and keep updating your skills!

When you become a master of the ART, you will notice that you will understand your partners thinking. But a problem arises when your partner is not a master in the same art with you. So what happens? You simply help HIM/HER to master the art.
And if the partner is to dumb to master the act? then you walk and find someone whose on the same mind range with you.

A successful relationship is one where the minds of both partners meet.

rolleyes grin
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2005
@ Legry

My first response to this topic I said that the ladies need to understand that guys will not always be interested in every little detail of our lives, that's what we have girlfriends for wink
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2005
legry, if the woman wants you to listen to her then she should be ready to listen to you too.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2005
That is true. A relationship is give and take.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by legry(m): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2005
@seun and you say you cant stand women that nag epghm!!

@vexxy( i tell you the name still trips me) I tell you this the ladies do not understand this, i am a patient man but i tell you this ive met women that understand the meaning of drive a man to wall and use a bashing ram to ram him into the wall, and am a bit into this topic cause the drama that came with this people "geez ! but a man does need patience and he does need to listen to a woman but for the love of God they should not turn the man to a dump sight forgetting he would also want to be heard and listened to also

@seun i wish i could just hook you up with one of these women i really wish i could cause whalai you would pray to God to take you back to your present state and beg him never to punish you again with such a the i have to listen situation
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by vexxy(f): 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2005
I understand that, lergy. Women can have the tendency to drive a man crazy by her mundane (to the man) conversations. But I'm talking about when it truly matters. When she is upset, hurt, had a crisis or is going through one. When she is happy, celebrating, etc. That time it truly matters for you to listen to her.

And by all means, she should know when to listen to her man, or her friend. Communication (or lack thereof) is a two way street and it seems to be the cause of a lot of heart ache when it's not properly tended to.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by terry(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2005
i feel you vexxy
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by eveseh(f): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2006
vexxy:

I understand that, lergy. Women can have the tendency to drive a man crazy by her mundane (to the man) conversations. But I'm talking about when it truly matters. When she is upset, hurt, had a crisis or is going through one. When she is happy, celebrating, etc. That time it truly matters for you to listen to her.

And by all means, she should know when to listen to her man, or her friend. Communication (or lack thereof) is a two way street and it seems to be the cause of a lot of heart ache when it's not properly tended to.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by curiousNja(f): 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2006
But legry, if the woman is driving you insane THAT much with talking about her drama, maybe you should bring it up and tell her (in not as many words)? Maybe bring it up at one of those times that she is not talking about the drama and is in a great mood? Seems to make sense to me rather than her drive you insane and get to the point where you finally have to break up with her.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by curiousNja(f): 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2006
Regarding mind games, men play WAY MORE mind games than women and that is the truth.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by iberi(f): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2006
@ curiousNja, that's very true
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by EmperorKross(m): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lol
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
when seun was still seun grin
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by EmperorKross(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Berlynn:
when seun was still seun grin

Why you follow me come here
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
EmperorKross:

Why you follow me come here
tongue i came to see seun grin
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by EmperorKross(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Berlynn:

Lol, see am well ooh.
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by handsam(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Berlynn:

Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Optional2(f): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
Berlynn na u carry us come here oh
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
Optional2:
Berlyn.n na u carry us come here oh
lol no be me oooi na Emperorkross grin
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
EmperorKross:

Lol, see am well ooh.

thanku lipsrsealed
Re: Lady's Reaction to "What Men Want Women to Know" by Optional2(f): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Berlynn:

lol no be me oooi na Emperorkross grin

lol

ok Emperorkross y u wake old thread back to life now??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karaoke In Lagos: Please Help / Can You Cheat On Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Warning Signs. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.