Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

I Can’t Show Him Off - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can’t Show Him Off (1961 Views)

I Can’t Do Without S3x Daily!! 16year Old Girl Laments / Help! Can’t Satisfy My Girlfriend Who Wants Sex Every Night- BUNMI COLUMN / My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Show Him Off by Iyandasdiary(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
I Can’t show him off

The kind of love I have for him is the type that I can’t categorically express. I don’t even know if I understand what I feel for him. To me, he’s the only man that makes me happy and he coped well with my deficiencies.

I’m this kind of a complicated lady. Several people find it very difficult to understand me. I’m not a bad person. It just looks to them like I complain a lot. But, why won’t I complain about things that doesn’t please me? Some even do complain that I can’t be pleased. Well, I don’t know about that, it’s just their perception about me and I’m not worried.
Due to the kind of person that people see me as, I’d found it difficult to have a stable relationship.Despite that I’m a very pretty girl, I still can’t have a relationship that last long. The highest period of time that I dated a man was 3months. I’ve dated for two weeks before even a day. I was just unlucky with guys who are really annoying.

They speak annoying words to me all in the name of starting a relationship. The one I dated for a day was the most annoying of them all. When I gave him my “yes” answer in the night, we spent the next day together and had a memorable time. On getting back home, I started receiving annoying text messages from him. He started talking about how he had been looking at my ass when we were walking. He even went further to describe how it was bouncing.

Bullshit! I got pissed by that and broke up with him instantly. If I didn’t do that, he would have gone excessive in abusing my womanhood. I came across lots of men like that. I couldn’t have just put up with them.

When I met Demola, things were different. He puts up with all my repelling attitudes. Although, Demola is not handsome. He’s far from the guy I used to dream of. He’s also a broke ass guy but, he’s the only guy who has ever swept me off my feet. He made me see all the good things about me. He never for once focused on my bad side. I was so comfortable with him.
Despite the way I feel for him, I still cannot figure out the reason why I find it difficult to introduce him to my friends as my boyfriend. I denied him on several occasions, saying that he was just a friend. He still would not get angry. Demola is so calm and God fearing.

He spoke to me about marriage. Deep within me, I knew Demola was the only man that I can successfully get married to due to my kind of person. I still could not tell him “yes” for some strange reasons. I told him to let me think about it and he said I have the whole time in the world. He said he’ll humbly wait until I decide.

Now, I’m thinking about how to break the news to my friends who actually thought Demola was just a friend. At times they even mock him in my presence thinking that he was just a friend.

That aside, how will I take such a man who’s not physically attractive home to my parents and siblings? I could remember that I and my other siblings have always been in that game of bringing home the most handsome man. Also, my mother had warned me not to marry unless my man has a good job.

Demola on his part has a job, but, he’s not earning much. He planned on getting a room and parlour apartment for the start. How will I narrate the story to my mum, siblings, family and friends?
I’m so in a tight corner and don’t know what to do.

Dear ID readers, please help me out!

SOURCE :www.iyandasdiary.com

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Arosa(m): 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
They speak annoying words to me all in the name of starting a relationship. The one I dated for a day was the most annoying of them all. When I gave him my “yes” answer in the night, we spent the next day together and had a memorable time. On getting back home, I started receiving annoying text messages from him. He started talking about how he had been looking at my Bottom when we were walking. He even went further to describe how it was bouncing.

Bullshit! I got pissed by that and broke up with him instantly. If I didn’t do that, he would have gone excessive in abusing my womanhood. I came across lots of men like that.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by ximarro(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
No mumu o. Guy wy dm d mock wy stil d quiet. Hmm. Either na d guy nature or im d wait afta u mari am, im go shw u pepper. Im jst d cool nw cos if im say make im react, im uglinez fit discourage am. As i sidon d type dis tin, i jst d imagine wetin d man d tink: Dis gal no sabi watsup. Na bkos i no 5n na im she d allow ha frens 2 mock me. Hehehe, una no sabi me o. We go c afta marriage. I go return all i pas tru giv u 7 fold. Lady, d best tin is 2 go 2 God in praya. He'l speak 2 ya. All d best.

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Godmother(f): 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Babes, I'm a little like you, though not as extreme as you sha. But now I'm coming to realise 2 things

1. That the fact that a guy is handsome doesn't mean he will make a good partner.

2. No one is perfect. You come across as a perfectionist and the sooner you realise that no one is perfect, even you, the better for you.

Even your darling Demola will get tired and leave if you aren't careful. And you'll be alone. So except you want to date and marry yourself in future, make some adjustments and learn to compromise

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Monicasque(f): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
a man is not gele that u will wear on your head for all to see. The beauty of a man is cows
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by 190theclown: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Monicasque(f): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
honey often we loose out on good stuff just because we are scared of what people will say. I am sure u do know that after all the song and dance that yo friends and family will make about a certain person at the end of the day u r the only one whose gona have to take that person home ( if u know what i mean). I gues what i am trying to say is u must put yourself and your feelings first coz everyone will always have something to say and most of the time those around us always end up respecting our decisions coz there is nothing they can do about it. Can i share with u briefly. When i met my sweethearted man i was a bit scared too coz then he was soo pooor and did not have the right look . He did not rally have clothes and even though he was trying to build his body he was not really all that big and i suspect its because he never really liked eating much but what i saw in this guy was more than what my friends could see. I remember one day he brought me something to my work place and 2 of my co workers were mocking me . Saying some bad things about how he looked that i did not like. I jokingly told them that i was the one fucking this man so they need not bother their minds with my relationship with him. I was a bit offended but i did not show them coz there was just this potential about this men that no one could see. To me i saw someone i loved, i would not want to change him but i would want to improve him and gues what. If u can see the guy in question today , you will not blv that its the same man, even my co worker's mouths are shut and i never and to be honest i never really gave a damn about what people said coz at the end of the day i was the one inlove with him not them

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Someone please summarize this shyt angry

You sound like a Nigerian leech.

Nigerian girls and their leechery. So he has no job and he is broke eh? Good. So tell us what job you have and how much money you have.

A leech like you. You are looking for a man who you can insert your proboscis and suckers into and start feeding off him. B!tch go get yourself a job.

And you should be happy he says your a$$ is bouncing now because after he hits that shyt, its bounce would lose its value.

Mtschewwww! All these story tellers sef. angry
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude: Someone please summarize this shyt angry

Nigerian girls and their leechery. So he has no job and he is broke eh? Good. So tell us what job you have and how much money you have.

A leech like you. You are looking for a man who you can insert your proboscis and suckers into and start feeding off him. B!tch go get yourself a job.

And you should be happy he says your a$$ is bouncing now because after he hits that shyt, its bounce would lose its value.

Who be this one again? undecided angry

@op I can't marry someone I feel ashamed to introduce to my family and friends! Yes what people will say doesn't matter but a man not 'appealing' to the eyes can never be my man. I understand your plight cos I am choosy when it comes to men too.
I am 5'11 and pretty too, but virtually all the men that ask for my hand in marriage are usually short(the tallest was 5'6) now tell me how I can feel comfortable walking by his side? smiley
Sometimes I wish I was short sef so that I can get married this year.in your case he understands you but u aint proud of him so please let him remain your friend and wait for that guy you will be proud of plus the one with a better job that can take care of your financial needs.

Least I forget you need to work on youself and stop being too difficult, so that guys can appreciate you.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
nne3870:
Who be this one again? undecided angry

Mu he he he he he he.

The truth has always been a bitter pill to swallow.

So you sef wan marry this year abi grin

September wey don dey nack already. You never even buy wedding dress or book wedding venue, talkless about the two he-goat wey your family people go demand grin

You be Igbo abi? Hehehehehehe. Me still dey owe bride price o. Dem still dey ask me for their he-goat. The he-goat don enter voicemail grin

Siddon there dey speak English o cool
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Mu he he he he he he.

The truth has always been a bitter pill to swallow.

So you sef wan marry this year abi grin

September wey don dey nack already. You never even buy wedding dress or book wedding venue, talkless about the two he-goat wey your family people go demand grin

You be Igbo abi? Hehehehehehe. Me still dey owe bride price o. Dem still dey ask me for their he-goat. The he-goat don enter voicemail grin

Siddon there dey speak English o cool
grin but this year finish quick o even my 7 point agenda sef I neva actualise am....
I still get faith, I am still waiting for the man I will be proud to introduce to my family and friends not some nwakpuda abeg.
And yes am igbo.
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
nne3870:
grin but this year finish quick o even my 7 point agenda sef I neva actualise am....
I still get faith, I am still waiting for the man I will be proud to introduce to my family and friends not some nwakpuda abeg.
And yes am igbo.

Nne, nyere onye gi aka o smiley

Ashawo sef dey hook correct guys. Abeg no dull o. Use your assets to your best advantage o. Husband don dey scarce for market.

The other day my wife returned home to see a very clean and tidy house and said aloud, "God will punish anybody who says I didn't marry a good husband." grin

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
undecided
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by amanda2013(f): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
u dnt knw wat u hv until u loose it.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
undecided undecided Why na
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Abeg no dull o. Use your assets to your best advantage o. Husband don dey scarce for market.
Scarce ke? Well I want to get married someday but honestly I can get married to someone am not proud of.
Your wife is indeed lucky to have a good man and in keep helping out in the house.
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by frabel: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
just ask urself what u really want in life. if u want somebody that loves and understands u and is ready to make sacrifices just to make u happy, then go for dara. but on the other hand if u want a fake life where u makes everybody believe that u're happy while on inside u're living a sorrowfull life, then find the cute rich guys. still want u to know that most selfmade rich guys have passed 2ru a lot in life and will not want to settle with somebody of ur character.
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
nne3870:
And yes am igbo.
Roflmao @ nwakpuda. Seems we from same area of Igbo oooo. Chei, I don take laff embarrass myself. Nne, U are funny biko!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Monicasque: honey often we loose out on good stuff just because we are scared of what people will say. I am sure u do know that after all the song and dance that yo friends and family will make about a certain person at the end of the day u r the only one whose gona have to take that person home ( if u know what i mean). I gues what i am trying to say is u must put yourself and your feelings first coz everyone will always have something to say and most of the time those around us always end up respecting our decisions coz there is nothing they can do about it. Can i share with u briefly. When i met my sweethearted man i was a bit scared too coz then he was soo pooor and did not have the right look . He did not rally have clothes and even though he was trying to build his body he was not really all that big and i suspect its because he never really liked eating much but what i saw in this guy was more than what my friends could see. I remember one day he brought me something to my work place and 2 of my co workers were mocking me . Saying some bad things about how he looked that i did not like. I jokingly told them that i was the one fucking this man so they need not bother their minds with my relationship with him. I was a bit offended but i did not show them coz there was just this potential about this men that no one could see. To me i saw someone i loved, i would not want to change him but i would want to improve him and gues what. If u can see the guy in question today , you will not blv that its the same man, even my co worker's mouths are shut and i never and to be honest i never really gave a damn about what people said coz at the end of the day i was the one inlove with him not them
wow!!!
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by destino24(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
whoever you are, you need massive doses of therapy undecided

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
OP, I will pretend as if you are the one just to make my advice more interesting even though I know you got it from somewhere else.

Your post was really funny. You have a problem with your attitude and that has scared away all the good guys. Now you have found for yourself a man you can bully and cannot stand up to you. Unfortunately you do not respect this man neither do I think you will respect him after marriage. You have just found a man that can put up with your bad attitude and wouldn't complain. He is not complaining now because he probably never believed he could get a girl half as good looking and may be classy as you so he is managing the insults. A man is meant to be the head of the home, I see you would rather be the head of your own home.

I am not sure you both love each other. It may just be a marriage of convenience and your true feelings towards each other will show after marriage. You will continue to disrespect him and he would not take it forever. His people sef will not like you and your family may also treat him anyhow. If I were you, I will change my ways and become a real wife material. Seal that sharp tongue of your and stop throwing tantrums. This is my 2 cents and with the little you have written about yourself, I expect lots of insults from you. Oya start abusing me!

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by jhydebaba(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Of what use is my comment when the lady won't get to read it

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bwhahahahahahahaha

Lmao @ he's not handsome, he's a broke-bottom, and can't take him home. Yet, you love him for some strange reasons you can't explain.

Just get real and tell us he beats that ar.se to smithereens and you can't get enough of him, hence why you're in lust love with him. grin grin grin

If you're not proud of your man, why are the heck are you with him then? undecided

Shyte reminds me of some fvcked face chic with massive batty I used to beat time ago. I never went anywhere with the chic, it was just a case of link and smash in secret, and act like there's nothing between us in the open.

Stop faking the funk! undecided
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by troy20(m): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
nne3870:
And yes am igbo.
if u can type dis 4 a lady den hw much more if someone meets u life.wel its nt a strange thing 4 igbo gurls smh.those suitors u let go dont know hw lucky they r 2 hav missed such a lifetime of experience wit u.try buildn some personality.it makes u c tings diffrent.cause it lasts more
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude: Someone please summarize this shyt angry

grin high five brother! Foolish girls
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
BoboYekini: grin high five brother! Foolish girls

Hi five back at you bruv grin
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 20, 2013
Nashville: OP, I will pretend as if you are the one just to make my advice more interesting even though I know you got it from somewhere else.

Your post was really funny. You have a problem with your attitude and that has scared away all the good guys. Now you have found for yourself a man you can bully and cannot stand up to you. Unfortunately you do not respect this man neither do I think you will respect him after marriage. You have just found a man that can put up with your bad attitude and wouldn't complain. He is not complaining now because he probably never believed he could get a girl half as good looking and may be classy as you so he is managing the insults. A man is meant to be the head of the home, I see you would rather be the head of your own home.

I am not sure you both love each other. It may just be a marriage of convenience and your true feelings towards each other will show after marriage. You will continue to disrespect him and he would not take it forever. His people sef will not like you and your family may also treat him anyhow. If I were you, I will change my ways and become a real wife material. Seal that sharp tongue of your and stop throwing tantrums. This is my 2 cents and with the little you have written about yourself, I expect lots of insults from you. Oya start abusing me!
You've spoken well.
@OP, Listen to this advise/contribution.
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 20, 2013
shymexx: Bwhahahahahahahaha

Lmao @ he's not handsome, he's a broke-bottom, and can't take him home. Yet, you love him for some strange reasons you can't explain.

Just get real and tell us he beats that ar.se to smithereens and you can't get enough of him, hence why you're in lust love with him. grin grin grin

If you're not proud of your man, why are the heck are you with him then? undecided

Shyte reminds me of some fvcked face chic with massive batty I used to beat time ago. I never went anywhere with the chic, it was just a case of link and smash in secret, and act like there's nothing between us in the open.

Stop faking the funk! undecided

@bolded
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Can’t Show Him Off by birdman(m): 5:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Nashville: OP, I will pretend as if you are the one just to make my advice more interesting even though I know you got it from somewhere else.

just what i was thinking. any man that lets your friends ridicule him in front of your continuously is a red flag. He is in it to hit it shymexx style grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Make Sure Your Girl Has A Great Time When She’s In Bed With You. / Me And Beyonce... (picture) / What Is Wrong With Guys? It Doesn't Read Meter Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.