Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43290 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by OmoPastor(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
nesta-AK:
Shame on church members who live in opulence while pastors are broke.

abi oooo

[size=28pt]Shame on church members who live in opulence while pastors are broke[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
OmoPastor:

no wonder the guy dey avoid my questions!
bros, this your adage above is just it!
[size=38pt]A thief who has no opportunity to steal considers himself a saint[/size]

So at least you agree the others who have the opportunity to steal are thieves , no ?

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

So at least you agree the others who have the opportunity to steal are thieves , no ?

God will Judge you for twisting HIS word and causing so many to fall of their faith in God !

Mathew 12:36'' I tell you, son the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak''
@FROSBEL,KEEP ON INSULTING THEM AND SAYING THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT,you will sure give account of all your spoken and written words !
You don't have to pray for God to judge your enemies, because He has already promised to do so (Romans 12:19). God will judge each and every human being for the good and bad they do. There will be different judgments, one for the saved (2nd Corinthians 5:10-11) and another for the unsaved (Revelation 20:11-15).
God will judge men even for the wasted words they have spoken. How much more shall God judge those who utter hurtful words, or hateful words, or words that cause injury to others.

Be guided Frosbel ! Speak only edifying words and not false that you think is the truth !
See below words of God :
1 Corinthians 10:12''If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.''
Romans 16:17-18:
17 ''And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people’s faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them. 18 Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests''
From the above,Frosbel the op might be serving his own personal interest(to fight Christianity pretending to be a Christian)or might be serving or furthering the interest of the devil knowingly or unknowingly !

God help us
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by hadtim: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
spongeback: Truth be told I don't give tithe or offerings, I prefer to give my money to people that need it. undecided
. GOD bless u. I take my tithe to an orphanage near my house. It goes a long way there

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
hadtim: . GOD bless u. I take my tithe to an orphanage near my house. It goes a long way there
That's no tithe bro but it's also a kingdom practice !
Wether you give tithe or not,pastors go flex and the word of God go dey spread like wild fire smiley
The early roman catholics gave no tithe but them still travel far with their gospel grin

God help us
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by fapcrook(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
truthman2012:

When we are talking about the things of God, islam is not relevant. You can only bring in islam in Hinduism and Buddaism discussions. Those are its counterparts.
Hmmm, I hear u man of gods
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by musaajebor(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tank u IP 4 ur contributions to xtianity.dis op is not destroying xtainity instead he is taking it back to its original form.
But na tru say sheep no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lordlexy: @frosbel. Is it scriptural to give or not? When you give, are you giving to God or to your? Are there blessings attached to your giving as stated in the scriptures or not? Giving is a spiritual exercise commanded by God for our upliftment both spiritually and financially. Those who give, myself inclusive do not see ourselves as poor ppl, we give in obedience because that is the established avenue that God set aside to bless us. Whatever they pastors does with the money is btw them and God. Have you ever taking time to find out the quality of testimony in the church as a result of our giving? We give because we are rich, and riches is not only define by your material possession but the quality of your spiritual well being which always translate to material prosperity. Money left in the hands of the ungodly will fight the propagation of the gospel. And who told you that members that give are poor? You can give when you are poor. We give because we are the rich kids of a rich God discovering our riches. Beside no one is force to give. Why would you talk ill about something that is not compulsory? If don't believe in giving, pls don't give and don't talk against it. And who told you churches don't do charity work? In Christ embassy, we have the inner city mission where we cater for the less privilage ones and so many others. And in Winners, they give bursary to wards of widows, pls get your facts right. And lastly, most of the pastors get gifts from members that God has blessed. Be careful what you say.
No mind Frosbel,him be like some people here wey get Judas Iscariot mentality ! grin Wey no gree make Jesus use better perfume for him body but them one sell the perfume(oil) go use the money by things for the poor ! For their heart of hearts,them no dey think poor people own but them dey vex say man of God dey flex and WHY ? angry
Ask am say since wey him become man,how many times him don help the poor

God help us
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
musa ajebor: Tank u IP 4 ur contributions to xtianity.dis op is not destroying xtainity instead he is taking it back to its original form.
But na tru say sheep no get sense.
How sheep go get sense ? When Jesus the lamb of God dey waka go slaughter house him show say HIM get sense ? I be sheep i no get sense but i dey go heaven !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
All cheers goes to Frosbel ! All hail Frosbel because he is in the 'MINISTRY OF EXPOSING' CHURCHES THE ROMAN CATHOLICS INCLUSIVE ! wink
Fellow Christians who care to listen,do not fall to the wiles of the devil ! The devil is tricky and uses all means to dissuade Christians off their faith.
Now there is a fad ongoing which is currently aimed at churches and men of God and even our own so called Christian brothers and sisters allow themselves to be used by the devil to push Christians off what they believe in.
Some are doomed and destroyed already and most of them are aware but they have crossed their hearts that since they are not going to heaven,they will also stop as many as possible from going to heaven !
What this writer by name Frosbel has put up here is nothing but a 'piece from the pit of hel'l ! This write up will not edify ur spirit but will make you doubt what you already have. No doubt there are fake pastors as Christ already told us in HIS word and if there aren't any today it will mean that Christ lied to us.But to condemn a pastor because He lives in good house,drives good cars or fly's in a jet means hatred of the highest order !
This same Frosbel prior to this time called some pastors 'wretched' who preached to him and told him that God will supply all his needs according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus(Philippians 4:19) and he asked them why haven't God supplied theirs first ? why do they still trek and don't ride in luxury cars or could it be that they don't desire good things ? They were also challenged regarding the nature or condition of their foot wears(shoes don chop alignment!)
My catholic friends,don't click like,hailing the OP for he is no friend of the Catholics either !Check his write ups concerning the roman catholics and you will understand what i mean.All these is to make every one of us who profess Christ to be weary and probably become atheists and pick up a ticket straight into hell !
The only group(s) who should be happy are the muslims,pagans,atheists,agnostics and their likes ! This is so because they are looking for nothing more but the negatives concerning true Christians !Have you wondered why this post 'sharperly' made it to the front page ? It is negative news concerning Christians !
Christians open your eyes as i leave you with the below:
Mathew 25:29''‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’'
The truth below about false prophets :
Mathew 24:24''For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.''
So many today are working for the devil either knowingly or unknowingly !

GOD HELP US
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by thehomer: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel: Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

A Pastor who flies in a private Jet worth millions , while a church mother cannot afford to feed her kids has lost the plot and might be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook.

Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook.

Any Pastor who abuses , bullies and intimates his broke members because they cannot pay tithes should be arrested and charged with extortion.

Any pastor who keeps the books to himself and team , despite the money belonging to the church members, should be asked to show transparency in all matters of finance , if he refuses, he should be investigated for fraud.

Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue.

Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser and Demas.

Be warned !!

I can't help but agree with frosbel on this one.
The scales and beams must fall from the eyes of believers to enable them assess the deeds of these so called prophets and ministers.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by TTOPSON(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

I think you miss the point.

The bottom line is use what you have , especially the tithes and offerings to meet ALL the REAL needs in the church, stop buying Jets, building mansions and temples, stop riding in Limousines while the working class members are struggling to make 2 ends meet.

I want u to undastand one thing some of these people using exhotic cars and jets did not start ministry today or yesterday. They started very poor as well.....and most of these things they've acquired are through gifts from rich men who respected their anointing of their calling.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by vitality22(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.
May God bless you sir, i couldn't have put it any better. Unfortunately, its the other way round. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
T.TOPSON:
I want u to undastand one thing some of these people using exhotic cars and jets did not start ministry today or yesterday. They started very poor as well.....and most of these things they've acquired are through gifts from rich men who respected their anointing of their calling.

is their mission to go from poverty to riches or to spread the gospel to the ends for the world ?

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
undecided jagua I tot u are dead or u ressurected with ur prophet of bleachers ajanaku undecided

BoboYekini: this one is definitely going to hell fire.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
peppy luv: undecided jagua I tot u are dead or u ressurected with ur prophet of bleachers ajanaku undecided

I'm atheist actually. smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nichobabe(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
T.TOPSON:

Very true my brother but at least use the wealth to bless the poor in the society and let love flow around. There are too many suffering in this part of the world for a pastor to be riding on Private Jets (some have 3 or more). Thats why some people are in love with T.B Joshua because he gives out.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Rosejefrey(f): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
If u dnt give tithe den u re not a child of God,read malachi 3:8-12.if u dnt give tithe or offerings den ur robbing God.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rosejefrey: If u dnt give tithe den u re not a child of God,read malachi 3:8-12.if u dnt give tithe or offerings den ur robbing God.
#

False !!

wink
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Chestnut(f): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Seriously some pastor aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ something else,Ђȍw do U̶̲̥̅̊ explain a church where they share †ђξ so called anointed water according to †ђξ money paid by members.those who pay higher money aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ given satchet water each to take home, they pour water into †ђξ mouth of †ђξ nxt set of people dat paid higher,then sprinkle water on †ђξ members dat paid lower denomination of money.Ȋ̝̊̅§ dat fair enough?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by jaedswosh(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.

Broda. True talk
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
See below what God is saying to any pastor or anyone who defrauds their brethren:
I thesalonian 4:6''That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified''

Now even if these men wey be pastors they defraud us,na God hand e dey to avenge our case and no be FROSBEL HAND for Frosbel will end up cursing himself into hell if he continues this way !
See below what God is telling you Frosbel :
Mathew 12:36''But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment''
See below for urself what 'idle words'means :
idle words”?
It means that when we speak to others, without seasoning our words with grace to honor the Lord, we have wasted those words. Every believer is expected to hold forth the word of life, i.e., the good news of Jesus Christ crucified, buried and risen ! Anything other than the above,have to be subjected to below conditions before it can be uttered :
Phillipians 4:8''Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good report, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things''
See below the words of Frosbel and compare for urselves if they have the above in them :
''Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue''-You are calling people rogues that have not even been found guilty ?
''Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook''.You call him a crook becos he preaches about money or the word of God ! Which is urs amongst the two,the money or the word ?
''Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook. He is a crook becos he calls poverty a disease ! Which is yours,the poverty or the disease ?
''Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.''-The pastor is a charlatan just becos he is yet to render financial assistance to all the impoverished members of the church !
''Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser [/b]and Demas.''-Again you cursed him becos he is yet to win over his dubious bizness men and politicians to Christ ! The exact words you used for Christ when he dined and wined with sinners !'' And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “[b]This man receives sinners and eats with them.”
In all these your quotes above,if you think they are noble,lovely,of good report,pure and excellent,you can go ahead with it as i wish you 'well'in your future endeavor !

God help us
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

I rebuke your threats , they are empty, out of context and ungodly.

smiley
See below what God is saying to any pastor or anyone who defrauds their brethren:
I thesalonian 4:6''That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified''

Now even if these men wey be pastors they defraud us,na God hand e dey to avenge our case and no be FROSBEL HAND for Frosbel will end up cursing himself into hell if he continues this way !
See below what God is telling you Frosbel :
Mathew 12:36''But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment''
See below for urself what 'idle words'means :
“idle words”?
It means that when we speak to others, without seasoning our words with grace to honor the Lord, we have wasted those words. Every believer is expected to hold forth the word of life, i.e., the good news of Jesus Christ crucified, buried and risen ! Anything other than the above,have to be subjected to below conditions before it can be uttered :
Phillipians 4:8''Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good report, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things''
See below the words of Frosbel and compare for urselves if they have the above in them :
''Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue''-You are calling people rogues that have not even been found guilty ?
''Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook''.You call him a crook becos he preaches about money or the word of God ! Which is urs amongst the two,the money or the word ?
''Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook. He is a crook becos he calls poverty a disease ! Which is yours,the poverty or the disease ?
''Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.''-The pastor is a charlatan just becos he is yet to render financial assistance to all the impoverished members of the church !
''Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser [/b]and Demas.''-Again you cursed him becos he is yet to win over his dubious bizness men and politicians to Christ ! The exact words you used for Christ when he dined and wined with sinners !'' And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “[b]This man receives sinners and eats with them.”
In all these your quotes above,if you think they are noble,lovely,of good report,pure and excellent,you can go ahead with it as i wish you 'well'in your future endeavor !

God help us
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by PastorKun(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
@mko2005
This thread must really be pricking your dead conscience the way you are ranting, issuing threats and making noise all over the thread

@Frosbel
Keep up the good work, all fraudsters taking advantage of the flock of God must be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: @mko2005
This thread must really be pricking your dead conscience the way you are ranting, issuing threats and making noise all over the thread

@Frosbel
Keep up the good work, all fraudsters taking advantage of the flock of God must be exposed.
I no be pastor,my papa no be pastor,non of my relatives be reverend or pastor,infact the church wey i dey attend the pastor no come from my tribe but i sure know say i no want make Christians fall off the faith and for Frosbel,i no kuku wish am hell so why i no warn and advise !

God see say me want make all come to repentance and not antagonizing the people wey they try their best smiley

God help us

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nichobabe:

Very true my brother but at least use the wealth to bless the poor in the society and let love flow around. There are too many suffering in this part of the world for a pastor to be riding on Private Jets (some have 3 or more). T[b]hats why some people are in love with T.B Joshua because he gives out.[/b]
Some people also say T.B Joshua is a scam and fetish that's the reason he gives out ! If you are scared to go to go to T/B Joshua's church please go there and see also that there are lot's and lot's of poor people there too ! There is nothing we can do concerning that ! If i give to the poor and am not a follower of Christ it makes no meaning at all ! Those who follow Christ give and they need not advertise it at all but if you advertise it,it does not mean that you have done what no one else has ever done ! Be guided bro. You can be angry but do not engage in sinful act as a result of your anger.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I no be pastor,my papa no be pastor,non of my relatives be reverend or pastor,infact the church wey i dey attend the pastor no come from my tribe but i sure know say i no want make Christians fall off the faith and for Frosbel,i no kuku wish am hell so why i no warn and advise !

God see say me want make all come to repentance and not antagonizing the people wey they try their best smiley

God help us

and your version of the Faith is that one has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ or £££££££££££££££££ attached.

tongue grin cheesy

cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by francis247(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
lips sealed

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nichobabe(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Some people also say T.B Joshua is a scam and fetish that's the reason he gives out ! If you are scared to go to go to T/B Joshua's church please go there and see also that there are lot's and lot's of poor people there too ! There is nothing we can do concerning that ! If i give to the poor and am not a follower of Christ it makes no meaning at all ! Those who follow Christ give and they need not advertise it at all but if you advertise it,it does not mean that you have done what no one else has ever done ! Be guided bro. You can be angry but do not engage in sinful act as a result of your anger.

God help us

True talk Thanks
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by oloriooko(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

so you agree you are a thief too and how are you different from them if you are also a thief.

now you are busy contradicting yourself all over this thread
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by oiseworld: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

is their mission to go from poverty to riches or to spread the gospel to the ends for the world ?

smiley

You see your life? See your self frosbel, it is either you are an agent of the Devil or you just lack understanding of scriptures and inexperience.

So they are to spread the gospel to the end of the earth on horse back and sail in ships ko? You see how much you lack understanding? The evengelist been sent round the globe do you know how they survive? Do you care how they feed? The hungry mentality that took you over 4000kilometers from your country has not left you at all infact, it runs naturally in your blood. That's why you find it so hard to give to God and to the progress of the gospel.

The poor you are fighting for are building mansions for themselves in heaven, make you they there they shout.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ceeethru(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
mr man, you are drunk, you need a glass of coffee to regain your thoughts. However, what about those who defraud churches?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Emmanuel Eni,occult Grand Master Now In Christ Etc Confessions Are They True Or False? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.