Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43294 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by shejane: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Y is devil diverting ur attention 2 less impotant tins instead of more impotant tins lyk making heaven. U must pay ur tithe nd offerings MUST
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
bakynes: I can tell the churches building Big Auditoriums,Camps and Universities seems to be the scammers.Most of all this exotic lifestyles are mostly practised by Nigerian and Ghanaian Pastors.When I was in London,I attended Church of England(Anglican),pastors there don't accept gifts from church members and they dont operate big Auditorium churches.They hardly preach abt tithes and offering.I also remember when I was in my hundred level,I and my room mate then attended a small church one which we even used bench to sit and I can tell you they bring beans,Rice and Garri,Spaghetti and other food stuffs for us with money as welfare package.How many Big churches do these.As for me I can't go to any big church am satisfied wit the small ones.

Now you are talking bro.

Example of how a church can help it's members :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWujfOP0Qg
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
cold:
Let's go there!
Bishop Oyedepo
G.O Adeboye
Pastor Chris Oyakilome
Pastor Chris Okotie
Pastor Sign Fireman
TB Joshua
Ashimolowo
The Lord's Chosen pastor (can't remember his name now)

GOD BLESS U,INFACT U SOUNDS LIKE NEW FELA.

TREM's Bishop
CAN's President Oritsejiafor
WF Kumuyi

To be contd...
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by calculusx(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
lol....this reminds me of a rccg pastor in essex that said no coins{pounds} should be given as offering. The Lowest denomination should be 5GBP. I laughed in swahili
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by kay9(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
adorable29: hence I put the "worked hard" in quote. If you think its that easy, go set up a church nd lemme see how many private jets u can acquire. U think say e easy?

So running a church actually IS a business, abi? And the pastors (as business owners) ought to maximize profits, right??

Smh... See as your argument don turn you to mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Judas2013: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
infiniteloop: Follow ifa and it shall be well with you. The problem is all these foreign religions. They are up to no good.

Have you ever wondered why no black man made it to the ark?!

Point is: the big pastors know this. Religion(or church) is just a big FRAUD.

If I begin talk now, this christians will come out with their immunity clause: Touch not. My anointed and do my prophet no harm.

I should state clearly I'm not a member of the rival religion-islam. All I know is: the entirety of the human race is on a long-thing.

Humans seriously think there is one heaven or hell waiting for them! Are you kidding me?!

Humans seriously think the entire universe was, in fact, created for their good.

And they think they are even capable of offending the creator of the universe and he will have their time to even create hell/heaven. That's so incredibly brilliant.

Let's be frank. Shame on all the pastors. All of them. They know they are defrauding these folks and yet insist. Shame on all of them.

Very well said brother!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
The objective of me and friends, is to get to the point where we run ALL the fake charlatans out of business and deliver the sheep from their cruel grasp.

We will not relent, not now , not ever !!!

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by kay9(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
shejane: Y is devil diverting ur attention 2 less impotant tins instead of more impotant tins lyk making heaven. U must pay ur tithe nd offerings MUST

So says the self-made religious zombie. The christians of Saint Paul's time who gave alms and tithes for distribution to the POOR would be so ashamed of you. You all claim ''read the bible, read the scripture'', but its so amazing how little of this bible you actually know. Go and read the Acts of the Apostles from start to finish, then compare the livestyles of Peter, Paul, and Barnabas to that of Pastor Chris, Pastor Adeboye, and Pastor Oyedepo. Be honest and truthful to yourself for once; use your GOD-GIVEN brain and THINK FOR YOURSELF.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Judas2013: 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
ODENIG: The reason why many church members are poor is because they have not being applying the kingdom principles that will make them rich and wealthy.Most Pastors are living the life which members are learning from.A pastor have to give of his jeep to hold a program,later on a member sowed the seed of a better car.

This is our problem as black people. We are lost in the white man's religion. Looks like there is no way out!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.

Most churches have no economic empowerment for it's members. There are no food banks, no shelters, no work-shops to teach people good skill to fend for themselves and provide for their families.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by adorable29(f): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
kay9:

So running a church actually IS a business, abi? And the pastors (as business owners) ought to maximize profits, right??

Smh... See as your argument don turn you to mumu.
na you, ur sisters and girlfriend be mumu nd ode combined! I was jus being sarcastic nd humorous with spongebunny whom I quoted. Oloshi. Why u go even quote me sef?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Cashflow1987: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please pastors, why is tithe paying the only law u follow in the old testament?

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather [size=13pt]expose them.[/size]" - Ephesians 5:11

smiley

this is exactly what i said earlier, your depth of God's word is too shallow and its dangerous to you.
e.g see the scripture you quoted out of context:
the fruitless deeds of darkness was referring to the unbeliever not Christians, so the word your version calls "expose" in original context is "reprove" which also is a synonym to confute, admonish: - convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove. so this verse talks about you as a christian preaching the word among unbelievers to convict them of their wrong behaviours and receive the gospel so they can live as righteous people here on earth.
bro, you have a lot to learn, meanwhile you are busy condemning men of God with your shallow knowledge of the Word; this is very dangerous!

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
ooshinibos:

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES

Can you show us in scripture where Pastors and Apostles are mandated to be RICH!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Afroconnect: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
stagger:

Which of such pastors have you told this face to face? If you were so concerned about their salvation and their Book of Life status, why not talk to them one on one instead of coming to Nairaland to score cheap popularity points? With your long verbiage, who have you helped? I even doubt you are a Christian when you claim to be one, else you would know what the bible said about what to do when a brother is in the wrong.
Op is not trying to be popular,if you are a conscious man you will be pained to see people manipulating people.
You Sods don't get it...its the same way Wole Soyinka was pained when he saw how Patience Jonathan was manipulating people in Rivers.
you are totally wrong in your assertion.
wake up,Pastor is not a spirit or Angel,just a man like you-a pastor is only relevant to God and the society when he livs by the fruits of the spirit,today greed has blinded most of them.
Church money is for all,its not pastor's money.Its meant for church maintenance and the rest for poor and widows,as the Sherperd a Pastor should take care of the sheep.
I will not follow a greedy,self centred man and foolishly give him my earnings because he gave himself a pastor's title.
By their fruits i know them.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: The objective of me and friends, is to get to the point where we run ALL the fake charlatans out of business and deliver the sheep from their cruel grasp.

We will not relent, not now , not ever !!!

smiley

taking up a job no one gave you!

its unfortunate, you will only shout until you die, go and ask Tai Sholarin and Wole Shoyinka tongue tongue tongue
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris:

this is exactly what i said earlier, your depth of God's word is too shallow and its dangerous to you.
e.g see the scripture you quoted out of context:
the fruitless deeds of darkness was referring to the unbeliever not Christians, so the word your version calls "expose" in original context is "reprove" which also is a synonym to confute, admonish: - convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove. so this verse talks about you as a christian preaching the word among unbelievers to convict them of their wrong behaviours and receive the gospel so they can live as righteous people here on earth.
bro, you have a lot to learn, meanwhile you are busy condemning men of God with your shallow knowledge of the Word; this is very dangerous!

Could this be a case of guilty conscience - cheesy

Besides ALL True believers are Men or Women of GOD , this is not a title reserved exclusively for a few !

wink
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by calculusx(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
cold:
Let's go there!
The Lord's Chosen pastor (can't remember his name now)
[/b]To be contd...

The Lord's Chosen pastor's Name is Lazarus Muoka. I can remember him those days in Regina Mundi Catholic Church, Mushin. Don't want to Judge any of these pastors but one question always come to my mind, a church isn't supposed to be owned by 1 person, what if the pastor die tomorrow who will take the mantle of leadership. For the old school on NL,we all remember what happened to Celestial Church of Christ when the founder died.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by johnstar(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

A Pastor who flies in a private Jet worth millions , while a church mother cannot afford to feed her kids has lost the plot and might be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook.

Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook.

Any Pastor who abuses , bullies and intimates his broke members because they cannot pay tithes should be arrested and charged with extortion.

Any pastor who keeps the books to himself and team , despite the money belonging to the church members, should be asked to show transparency in all matters of finance , if he refuses, he should be investigated for fraud.

Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue.

Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser and Demas.

Be warned !!
in fela's voice * pastor na him dem give respect pass, nd dm dey do bad bad bad bad bad things undecided, true jesus christ our lord amen amen amen, God go judge
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by bankylan: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
What a shallow piece from a shallow mind....I challenge the poster to a one on one meeting...I am 100% sure that this poster is poor not only in wealth but in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

Are you more intelligent than millions of wealthy professionals in church who give to God, and to their Pastors?

If you don't understand spiritual matters, you should seek for knowledge.....Should you think I have been influenced by church teachings, you will have to prove to me that you are more intelligent and learned than I.

It is not in the place of the Pastors to give to church members who don't have money. And any church member who is waiting for his pastor to pay his bills, will likely die in poverty.

May God continue to bless me to give to my Pastor.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris:

taking up a job no one gave you!

its unfortunate, you will only shout until you die, go and ask Tai Sholarin and Wole Shoyinka tongue tongue tongue

lol.

Here is a word for you and your covetous so called 'Pastors'.

2 Peter 2:3
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words [size=13pt]make merchandise of you:[/size] whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and [size=13pt]their damnation slumbereth not[/size].

smiley

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
infiniteloop: Follow ifa and it shall be well with you. The problem is all these foreign religions. They are up to no good.

Have you ever wondered why no black man made it to the ark?!

Point is: the big pastors know this. Religion(or church) is just a big FRAUD.

If I begin talk now, this christians will come out with their immunity clause: Touch not. My anointed and do my prophet no harm.

I should state clearly I'm not a member of the rival religion-islam. All I know is: the entirety of the human race is on a long-thing.

Humans seriously think there is one heaven or hell waiting for them! Are you kidding me?!

Humans seriously think the entire universe was, in fact, created for their good.

And they think they are even capable of offending the creator of the universe and he will have their time to even create hell/heaven. That's so incredibly brilliant.

Let's be frank. Shame on all the pastors. All of them. They know they are defrauding these folks and yet insist. Shame on all of them.

Shame on ALL pastors? Really? All pastors? Do you know all pastors in the entire world?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: please enlighten me on that part of the scripture. I had no idea

I asked him the same
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by kay9(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
adorable29: na you, ur sisters and girlfriend be mumu nd ode combined! I was jus being sarcastic nd humorous with spongebunny whom I quoted. Oloshi. Why u go even quote me sef?

Oops, i must've hit a nerve! Hehehehhe grin grin

Thats me, bwana, rupturing nerves and infuriating brainless females since 1759! grin

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Judas2013: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
alexis:

Shame on ALL pastors? Really? All pastors? Do you know all pastors in the entire world?

99.9% of them are greedy.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

Could this be a case of guilty conscience - cheesy

Besides ALL True believers are Men or Women of GOD , this is not a title reserved exclusively for a few !

wink

guilty conscience you said? of what? am a member of the body of Christ (i.e. if you understand what this means at all) and i have the responsibility to protect and preserve every member of that body.
there are better ways of correcting whatever seem unacceptable to you not by castigating them on such forum as this thinking you are working for God. read the account of Paul and learn!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
spongeback: Truth be told I don't give tithe or offerings, I prefer to give my money to people that need it. undecided

thats good. but i want you to be sincere with yourself and be honest as a christian (if u are), how do u want the church you attend to get money if u don't give offering or tithe?

just imagine all church members having your mindset.

i will really appreciate a sincere answer
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by vislabraye(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
This is an issue that has other sides to it.

Firstly, there are some pastors who have left their lucrative careers for the sake of the gospel. Its not as if they chose to become pastors. In this case, it will be difficult for you to say money is his motivation. In that case, shouldn't they marry ? Shouldn't their children go to school ? If you as a man desires to live a comfortable life, what about pastors? Are they not human ?

But on the other hand, there are some excesses which are so obvious. I consider this as an abuse. I've witnessed pastors demanding money from their members with a tone of arrogance. I've been to a church where the pastor asked members to sow a seed of 12,000 naira for divine insurance. His argument was that if someone gets sick, he would spend more than that amount. The bad part of it was that there were a lot of poor people in his church.

I've also been to another gathering where the guest minister preached a very inspiring sermon. It had to do with your position. He used a chair as a symbol.
He sed that as many dat want to go to the next level should come to seat to these chairs.(About 50 chairs were on the stage ). He sed the only condition would be for members to sow a seed of 29,000 naira and above. ThE chairs were not full, but he prayed for those who gave and later reduced the fee to 10,000.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
Judas2013:

99.9% of them are greedy.

And where did you get that information from?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MAYOWAAK: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
calculusx:

The Lord's Chosen pastor's Name is Lazarus Muoka. I can remember him those days in Regina Mundi Catholic Church, Mushin. Don't want to Judge any of these pastors but one question always come to my mind, a church isn't supposed to be owned by 1 person, what if the pastor die tomorrow who will take the mantle of leadership. For the old school on NL,we all remember what happened to Celestial Church of Christ when the founder died. [/b]

Pastor Lazarus Muoka always wears a bullet proof and goes on bullet proof cars, well guarded by armed policemen and he tells you an APRON, which he sells at the price of 1000 NAIRA but costs 130 NAIRA to produce, will protect you against any form of attack from armed robbers, hired assassins etc. He makes you believe angels are on guard always, whenever the APRON is worn. If he notices any sign of sickness, he flies to the best hospital in the world to receive medical attention and admonishes you to drink water from a soaked white handkerchief. My brother, My sister you are a good example of ZOMBIE. Please let’s be objective and shun religious sentiment, which has left many of us blind.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Emart(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
sad sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Emmanuel Eni,occult Grand Master Now In Christ Etc Confessions Are They True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.