Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? (49986 Views)

Lacasera Beverage / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Coke And Pepsi Contain ALCOHOL, - French Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Awoofawo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
miftaudeen: even when i went to abeokuta someone told me that lacasera can be used to loose rusting bot and nut

same with coke a.k.a coca-cola, pepsi and most of other minerals/softdrinks

put a rutting metal like gold; silver; iron in them and leave them for a couples of day...if you are not convince then...you are totally lose...
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by GrammarPolice: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
luggy: I pick a bus 4rm.owerri to okigwe., on my way to okigwe around anara junction. I balt lacasera amd drink it., da t was in d money
, I startecd having rining belle. I layed down in d bus., wen I reach okigwe., d driver now buy drug for me to take. so after 30minute I ve taking d drugs. my belle now peny me. meanwhile since dat time., I stop taking lacasera
shocked angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by nenergy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
chei: I drink la casera more than water. I sweat la casera, i piss la casera and I shìt la casera. I don't joke with lacasera and alomo bitters.
These are just lies told to bring down the name of a reputable company. I remember when the same thing was done to indomie a few years back.
I'll keep on drinking la casera till nafdac bans it.
Guy, check yourself before you wreck yourself. Your mates are drinking yoyo bitters, you're destroying/waterifying your testicular fluids with children's drinks. REPENT!
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by abhosts(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
That a drink which contains lots of Sugar is unkind to your stomach does mean it has a bleaching agent. I see a wicked competitor at work.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by hoochay: 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
who is to blame?end time is here
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by kamez(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
STory land
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by kamez(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Story land

3 Likes

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by wengerjay(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Op,did u mean to write'Does Lacasera contain(nt contains)bleaching chemical?'
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by middlebelter(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
I feel compelled to share my experience, I thought my tummy was just reacting abnormally to a good drink when I took a bottle of lacasera on my way back to Lagos from Ado Ekiti sometimes early this year. I almost gave up the ghost if not for the mercy of God and kindhearted co-passenger that administered some drug to fight the bleaching of my tummy. The driver had tostop the bus for me on the highway and I had to roll on the bear ground in pains. My second experience with the drink was when it splits on my car gear, the gaer simply stopped working after a few days due to the friction created. I certainly recommend that NAFDAC should review the drink and confirm if Nigerian should continue to drink or ban it
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
maybe aba have started their own roadside production... Mehn do u know if i take lacasera i feel so good, it's like a food supliment... I don't easily get hungry anytime i take 1 and it gives me much energy... So u better tell ur aba brothers to stop their product. If they are not producing then see ur doctor for good check up nd x-ray of ur digestive system.. Somefin might be wrong with you because i know lacasera is very much owk....maybe aba have started their own roadside production... Mehn do u know if i take lacasera i feel so good, it's like a food supliment... I don't easily get hungry anytime i take 1 and it gives me much energy... So u better tell ur aba brothers to stop their product. If they are not producing then see ur doctor for good check up nd x-ray of ur digestive system.. Somefin might be wrong with you because i know lacasera is very much owk....maybe aba have started their own roadside production... Mehn do u know if i take lacasera i feel so good, it's like a food supliment... I don't easily get hungry anytime i take 1 and it gives me much energy... So u better tell ur aba brothers to stop their product. If they are not producing then see ur doctor for good check up nd x-ray of ur digestive system.. Somefin might be wrong with you because i know lacasera is very much owk....
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by egariyi(f): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
superior1: I don't know about bleaching chemicals but I will rather die than take a bottle of lacasera.

I was in a BRT this fateful day and decided to ease up with a bottle of lacasera, about 40 minutes after gulping the liquid, my whole internal system turned upside down, I began sweating like Christmas goat, my stomach was making some thunderous sounds like terry G music. This matter wey I dey talk like joke no be joke o. It took me all the control of adulthood not to mess up myself that day, I went straight into the toilet on getting to my abode and for 4 days wasn't myself, I actually thought I was going to die.

Friends at work also confirmed having a similar experience with lacasera.

So for me, e contain bleaching agent or not oo. Lacasera babu!

You may have taken it an empty stomach. You dont drink gaseous liquids on empty stomachs. Its suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Kslib(m): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
ireneidiva: As the only educated person on this thread(obviously), I have a question to ask those who say it contains a bleaching agent/harmful chemical. What is the name of this chemical?
When you give me the answer, also tell me how NAFDAC approved a drink with a harmful substance in it.
If indeed,lacasera contains a bleaching agent as "rumored",the company wont be foolish enough to write it on the can just like how not all the ingredients in cosmetic produts are listed for the public to see...
As regards to the name of the bleaching agent,no one can for sure say this is it cos they are diff chemicals that can serve as a bleaching agent.. The only way to know will be to carry out a lab test which i expect Nafdac to do,but sadly enough,we all know they wont cos of how things work in his country..
Lastly,if you seriously think Nafdac is that serious about protecting the masses from consuming harmful substances/chemicals found in mordern day drinks/foods,then you are seriously on your own.....
The earlier you start realising that this is Nigeria,the land where the law of "Pay me money,and i let you pass" is still being used,the better...
All izz well!

2 Likes

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
stunt89: @op who send you?... I don dey drink it for more than 5yrs now and nothing do me.

If Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩̩̩̥a only this your english, something do you.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by MrAnonymous: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Have you ever seen a Nigerian who has said "I don't take this thing because i am allergic to it"? NO

We are suffering from acute mu-muism. Nigerians don't know when they have allergies. They don't care about ingredients, the only thing they know how to ask is "E SWEET?".
Even if bomb is used in a product, they would never know until pesin blow for their front.

Just because something is bad for you does not mean it is bad for others.

Lacasera is acidic, and that is a good thing because we (humans) are also acidic. If you know the ph of the human skin and system then you will understand.
Lacasera also contains a lot of co2 gas (this is probably why you shouldn't take it on an empty stomach). If it makes you feel full, it's just the gas pushing down on the contents of your stomach... so if you can fart or belch the gas out, you should feel better.

When next you buy a bottle, look through the ingredients to see if you're not comfortable with any of them before you start spreading false rumours.

1 Like

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Rudewaterz(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
luggy: I pick a bus 4rm.owerri to okigwe., on my way to okigwe around anara junction. I balt lacasera amd drink it., da t was in d money
, I startecd having rining belle. I layed down in d bus., wen I reach okigwe., d driver now buy drug for me to take. so after 30minute I ve taking d drugs. my belle now peny me. meanwhile since dat time., I stop taking lacasera

dude, I just want to thank you for making me laugh. And no, it's not your harrowing ordeal that I find hilarious.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Arysexy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
pekelepekele: There is nothing wrong with la casera , its only if our brothers from the east have started their own production .

Fools like u start tribal mudslide bt quick to shout tribalism when responded to. Be guided!
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by egariyi(f): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
middlebelter: I feel compelled to share my experience, I thought my tummy was just reacting abnormally to a good drink when I took a bottle of lacasera on my way back to Lagos from Ado Ekiti sometimes early this year. I almost gave up the ghost if not for the mercy of God and kindhearted co-passenger that administered some drug to fight the bleaching of my tummy. The driver had tostop the bus for me on the highway and I had to roll on the bear ground in pains. My second experience with the drink was when it splits on my car gear, the gaer simply stopped working after a few days due to the friction created. I certainly recommend that NAFDAC should review the drink and confirm if Nigerian should continue to drink or ban it

Two things are involved, its either its fake or you may probably have developed ulcer without knowing it.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by decepticos(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
miftaudeen: even when i went to abeokuta someone told me that lacasera can be used to loose rusting bot and nut
this i heard of but didnt believe until a month ago at ayetoro yewa north lga while the ccecc guys were working towards expanding the road and they had to takeout some streetlights(solar powered) the nut holding the thing to the ground were pretty well rusted, i was expecting the guys who had worked so hard to get it loose to go get engine oil or something,but they moved to the nearest shop but this apple flavoured drink, shook it and poured it on each of the four bolt and nut. It worked like magic. I still drank it that day though.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Kslib(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
C'est moi:

lol.....silly u.
Lol.. I just dey state the obvious..
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by egariyi(f): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr Anonymous: Have you ever seen a Nigerian who has said "I don't take this thing because i am allergic to it"? NO

We are suffering from acute mu-muism. Nigerians don't know when they have allergies. They don't care about ingredients, the only thing they know how to ask is "E SWEET?".
Even if bomb is used in a product, they would never know until pesin blow for their front.

Lacasera is acidic, and that is a good thing because we (humans) are also acidic. If you know the ph of the human skin and system then you will understand.
Lacasera also contains a lot of co2 gas (this is probably why you shouldn't take it on an empty stomach). If it makes you feel full, it's just the gas pushing down on the contents of your stomach... so if you can fart or belch the gas out, you should feel better.

When next you buy a bottle, look through the ingredients to see if you're not comfortable with any of them before you start spreading false rumours.

exactly my thought! Most people consume these liquids on empty stomachs and some even have ulcers without realising it. Others are allergic to one or two ingredients and they dont't care to know. I dont really like the gaseous nature of the drink hence I am not a fan but my son of six years loves the drink. thank you for this advise.

1 Like

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by chucky234(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rudebwoy: Na wao for nairalanders. Lots of wrong grammar here and the mods are not even helping out. What a shame.
Your own grammar gan wear coat and tie.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by whiteroses(f): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
the market is filled with fake LaCasera the market is too large, someones mother would be fed up of her pure water business and start her own LaCasera business #fact all she needs is her factory located somewhere in Oshogbo and some boys who would print the labels all in the same factory. They wont quit cos thats how some are sponsoring their children in UK varsities.
I know someone who died and the family claimed he was poisoned even tho doctors said sorry they cant detect any known poisonous substance, just contaminated drink!
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by MrAnonymous: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
luggy: I pick a bus 4rm.owerri to okigwe., on my way to okigwe around anara junction. I balt lacasera amd drink it., da t was in d money, I startecd having rining belle. I layed down in d bus., wen I reach okigwe., d driver now buy drug for me to take. so after 30minute I ve taking d drugs. my belle now peny me. meanwhile since dat time., I stop taking lacasera
Mehn... this guy is talented at what he does.

egariyi:

exactly my thought! Most people consume these liquids on empty stomachs and some even have ulcers without realising it. Others are allergic to one or two ingredients and they dont't care to know. I dont really like the gaseous nature of the drink hence I am not a fan but my son of six years loves the drink. thank you for this advise.
You're welcome. Nigerians don't know what they want or what works for them. They live by following the crowd.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Adrenaline123(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
bimflash: Water will 4eva b my best drink.....
clean water.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Rudewaterz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr Anonymous: Have you ever seen a Nigerian who has said "I don't take this thing because i am allergic to it"? NO

Always good to see someone who's got his head screwed on the right way. Thumbs up to you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by omboye: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
While taking the drink at home it spilled on the bright section of my rug and i realized it discolored the rug such that i couldn't wash it clean again so its possible that the drink has bleaching agents.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
julianauche19: Oga nobody paid me,just research
And your research confirmed that lacasera have bleaching chemical?
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by jude33084(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Raymondenyi: What of gala? Because na dia 2 I dey alwayys combine ohh!!!

cheesy grin funny you grin

I stopped taking la casera since Jan last year smiley due to the excess sugar in it smiley
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by MrAnonymous: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rudewaterz:

Always good to see someone who's got his head screwed on the right way. Thumbs up to you, sir.
Thank you sir!! I will do my part to eradicate this stubborn brain disease called mu-muism.
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Kaymisola(f): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Disregard this post guys, I published this two thursdays ago and La Ca Sera has since cleared the air on the issue. There is no poisonus content in the drink. I was invited to the company's office in Lagos by its Management.

While there, I discovered that La Casera is INDEED produced under the highest hygienic standards and no bleach is included in the production process. The bleach saga is just a false rumor ignited by God knows who http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/08/la-casera-speaks-there-is-no-bleach-in.html
julianauche19:
August 21, 2013 by Tiwa

A few days back while stuck in heavy traffic, on my way back from the office, in a bus, one of the passengers seated beside me called out on the drink sellers, she wanted something cold…and the seller offered her a bottle of la casera but she declined “la casera…wetin, abeg sama mi another better drink” and i was like “really” she settled for coke instead.

She began telling the passenger on her other side of how la casera drink turns her in the tummy “anytime i drink it, it turns my tummy especially when it’s not cold”..anyways, after i alighted from the bus, i got myself a bottle of the drink (though cold) and nothing happened.
Today’s incident is what baffled me.
Was at a summit and when drinks were served, many of them rejected the la casera drink, those that had it on their tables already did not touch it and when i was given mine, the lady beside me said, “stop taking it la casera, it has a bleaching substance/chemical inside…” , three other persons confirmed it.
Someone even said “I was at a seminar last week and we were specifically warned from taking the drink…if you notice, mechanics always use it to wash car engines”
Ooops!
And there I knew I just had to share it with you guys to know if you have also heard the news…and for La casera management to come out to either deny the report or explain what is going on! #okbye.
I SAW THIS ON FACEBOOK,AND DECIDED TO PUT IT HERE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS CONFIRMED IT..COULD IT BE TRUE
Culled from http://tiwasblog.com/2013/08/the-poisonusbleaching-content-in-la-casera-drink.html
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by frainc(m): 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Agbgift: I quit taking that drinking for close to 2yrs now, becos I was always experiencing heart burn any time I take it. So I had to stop it.
As for the bleaching content, that I don't know about.
i stoped it because of the heart burn also
but i don't know about the bleaching stuff
Re: Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? by Babalegba(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nigerians and their village bush mentality again. Tuition fees totally wasted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / 4500 Naira For Roasted Chicken In Awka - Read My Experience / Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.