Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,929 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria (39963 Views)

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Nigeria Decides: Presidential Elections Prediction With Indepth Analysis. / Real Cost Of Fuel - An Indepth Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by 99cent: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2013
I see ur point. it's fine to appreciate what he wrote. I also do. but I just didn't agree with the pessimistic view that Nigeria will forever remain corrupt.

ono:
Law enforcement will NOT work in Nigeria - at least, for now. Lets not deceive ourselves. I don't even need to go about explaining anything on this one.

can you explain why u think law enforcement will not work?
i think it will take decades. it won't be an overnight transformation.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 12:20am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent:

nigerian teachers who sit in their staff room buying and selling merchandise rather than teaching students in d classroom.are they corrupt? sure. but why are they doing what they are doing? they will be the first to point the finger at the govt for being corrupt but they also are corrupt but they rationalize their corruption because they are not getting paid their monthly salaries etc. that makes perfect rational sense hence why corruption will never go away until we have proper enforcement of laws concerning salaries, supervision, oversight etc. even those who are corrupt will not feel guilt. the police man collecting bribe to feed his family. do u expect him to feel guilt?
or maybe a politician who sees other politicians making money. of course he too will naturally feel he has the right to similar treatment like his peers. it's sad but reality.
same goes with the unqualified british expat who takes the job because he knows he can get away with it.

Here, you've merely buttressed Tim's views that the type of corruption prevalent in Nigeria knows no class. From the cleaner that helps clean my desktop computer and my other gadget and frequently asks for ''something'', to uncle GEJ and PDP cronies in Abuja, milking the country dry, corruption is rife, endemic.

Nowhere in Tim's write up did he say he wasn't qualified for the job he did in Nigeria - I think going by what that man wrote up there, he will pen that down if he was into something not good. At least he did point out that some single expats go out with our Naija girls. Fair enough jare.

2 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 12:23am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent: I see ur point. it's fine to appreciate what he wrote. I also do. but I just didn't agree with the pessimistic view that Nigeria will forever remain corrupt.

Sorry mate, there was nowhere in that write up where he categorically stated that Nigeria will forever remain corrupt. Maybe you want to copy that out and paste here for all to see?

99cent: can you explain why u think law enforcement will not work?

Good. In this one, we agree. So, law enforcement in Nigeria at the moment is NOT one of the solutions to the problem of the country.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by 99cent: 4:18am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:
Good. In this one, we agree. So, law enforcement in Nigeria at the moment is NOT one of the solutions to the problem of the country.

so you are looking for quick easy simple solution? keep looking
Law enforcement is the only way out and it's going to take a long process.

look at the situation in USA with wall street, new technology and consequent lack of regulation (law enforcement!) caused the finance system to be open to rife corruption and therefore it led to a recession. if you have no one there to police you (whether social policing or legal policing), you will do whatever you can to make the most profit. this applies to all humans including you! and those unqualified british expats looking for easy way to make a lot of money in a foreign country.

Youtube will not exist today if not for "corruption". It was blatantly infringing on copyright laws but technology was on itside and the legal system hasn't developed a way to police technology yet hence why it was able to get away with it. Most people (including myself) download stuff "illegally" today etc. that explains how corruption starts and becomes pervasive. no youth in america today sees "illegal" downloads as a big deal. everyone does it. I do it. govt isn't going to arrest you for it. there is no law enforcement because the law is far behind on learning how to police such new technology etc when they shut down one site, another one comes up. someone creates a new software or hack that makes it easy again. govt can't keep up. etc so should I stop downloading music illegally in order to "end corruption"? of course I won't because it will not make a dent. it will make no sense. why should I go out and buy an album when I can get it though a torrent for free? or use a software that automatically downloads music from websites. u see where i'm going with this?

law enforcement is the only solution. there is no other way around it. People are not saints. not even if they are from the least corrupt country in d world. it is only law enforcement and regulation that can check corruption.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by 99cent: 4:23am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:

Here, you've merely buttressed Tim's views that the type of corruption prevalent in Nigeria knows no class. From the cleaner that helps clean my desktop computer and my other gadget and frequently asks for ''something'', to uncle GEJ and PDP cronies in Abuja, milking the country dry, corruption is rife, endemic.

well that's because we are HUMAN. All humans are predisposed to corruption in absense of law enforcement. regardless of class OR nationality.
the guy didn't claim to be corrupt free himself did he? I'm sure he most have paid or received some bribe here and there throughout his stay otherwise, he would have left a long time ago.
even british companies are implicated in HUGE corrruption scandals in Nigeria. and guess what, the british law enforcement agencies are investigating it. If only Nigeria had functioning law enforcement agencies.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/British-Police-Investigating-1.3-Billion-Shell-ENI-Nigerian-Oil-Bloc-Corruptio.html
http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-currents/2010/12/21/halliburton-says-it-will-pay-35-million-to-settle-nigeria-bribery-charges/

I love how you talk about your cleaner or your co-worker or your boss or uncle GEJ but nobody on this thread has yet to talk about themselves or point finger at themselves. hahahhaahah u think you are the exception to the article? grin
everyone in Nigeria is corrupt except you? if only nigerians could change their ways except you? LOL
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2013
Smh
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2013
umhhh.

Nice write-up.
Its utility is for the OP's fellow expatriates from his country, and the same industry coming into Nigeria
Much like the NairaLand travel section is particularly useful to Nigerians migrating/visiting other countries.

........it sure has no value to me.
(If it were written by the former US ambassador to Nigeria, I would be worried that it is a legwork for a coup)
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nmeri17: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2013
This is one hella post...Pheeww 5 pages and its just starting
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by trillville(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent: I see ur point. it's fine to appreciate what he wrote. I also do. but I just didn't agree with the pessimistic view that Nigeria will forever remain corrupt.

can you explain why u think law enforcement will not work?

Madam 99 cents, do you realize that Nigeria practically does not have a working judiciary, and that 99% of our judges are corrupt and 99% of our police men are corrupt.

Who do you expect to start enforcing laws?

Our youths have already been brainwashed into believing that only fools do not steal money, so what is the hope for the future?

The writer clearly started that the problem is that there are much more dick headed nigerians than well meaning ones so how should the minority go about convincing the majority that their actions are foolish and shortsighted?

Madam, Can you imagine a sitting president hosting an ex-convicts welcome home party and then announcing that the ex-convict is his campaign manager for the south west and yet the president still goes ahead to win the election based on popular vote?

This same president said on national TV that he does not give a damn about corruption and yet he may still win the next election.

This is the state of crisis we living in.

2 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2013
^^^
Be careful with statistics
the misuse of it is an hallmark of an unenlightened or politically mischevious mind

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 8:01am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent:

well that's because we are HUMAN. All humans are predisposed to corruption in absense of law enforcement. regardless of class OR nationality.
the guy didn't claim to be corrupt free himself did he? I'm sure he most have paid or received some bribe here and there throughout his stay otherwise, he would have left a long time ago.
even british companies are implicated in HUGE corrruption scandals in Nigeria. and guess what, the british law enforcement agencies are investigating it. If only Nigeria had functioning law enforcement agencies.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/British-Police-Investigating-1.3-Billion-Shell-ENI-Nigerian-Oil-Bloc-Corruptio.html
http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-currents/2010/12/21/halliburton-says-it-will-pay-35-million-to-settle-nigeria-bribery-charges/

I love how you talk about your cleaner or your co-worker or your boss or uncle GEJ but nobody on this thread has yet to talk about themselves or point finger at themselves. hahahhaahah u think you are the exception to the article? grin
everyone in Nigeria is corrupt except you? if only nigerians could change their ways except you? LOL

Now, let me tell you a bit about myself. I've had to tell one 'oyinbo' guy who showed me a 'shortcut' way around paying for goods in a retail store in Houston that I will NOT follow his advice. You know what he said? You MUST be a different Nigerian.

I have been asked if I will stay back in the UK after my program by some folks from Khazakstan. I told them that whatever knowledge I have gained MUST be put to the greater and general use of my country Nigeria and that I have no plans or desire to stay back in the UK. I do not belong there and home is Nigeria. I had gone for their Khazakstani day in the school. Their response: You're a different Nigerian.

Back home in Naija. I have refused a 1500 dollars bribe (raw American dollars cash in an envelope) meant to influence my decision to 'alter' the award recommendation to our board for a contract. You can say 1500 dollars is a small amount of money - but this is how it starts. If you're not faithful in a small amount, how can you be faithful when millions come your way?

Now, that's some little story about myself. If I delve into personal 'issues' you will know that I am a no-nonsense Nigerian and a 'meritocratic' inclined human being. I consciously purge myself of every desire to tell a lie. I was a virgin when I married my wife. And although 'tempted' to have extra-marital affairs, I have, by the grace of God been faithful to my wife. I do not live above my means. I cut my coat according to my size and the quality of the clothing stuff I can buy. I don't look down on others who don't have the same opportunity as I do, and I don't envy anyone who have more than I do.

But I passionately hate corruption. I have told several of my friends that they should watch out for me in the future. I have warned them that if I venture into politics, and I become the president of this country by some stoke of luck, I am going to sacrifice myself and the life of anyone found to be corrupt for the liberation of this country from the jaws of corruption, nepotism, religious bigotry, indiscipline, laziness and ethnic rivalry. Everything will be done on merit. Tim did say in his write up that there are indeed some 10% or so Nigerians who are honest and true. I can beat my chest and say I belong to that group.

Now, that's a little 'something' about myself. Should I ask that you 'say' something about yourself? I am sure the corruption gene is in your blood, but who knows, lets hear from you.

7 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2013
^^^

Umh....
I guess it is important that we properly define corruption oooo

For example, is losing one's virginity a sign of corruption or decadence? sad
Can any society exist without a form of "enlightened corruption"?

Western history teaches otherwise

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2013
^^^These things starts somewhere my dear. You need to have 'sufficient' clean history about yourself to be able to properly beat your chest and condemn anything that's corrupt. How can you stand on a higher pedestal and condemn others if you do not have the moral standing to do so?
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2013
^^^

Of course, your chest beating is in order
Moral rostrums are an excellent posturing

We all need some Jesus in our societies
You'll make a fine one

...but the challenge with your type is that you rarely make it to a position were you can be a catalysmic change agent
so the society needs an Obasanjo to push you forward and firmly in place to cause havoc to evil.
This happening is oft referred to as LUCK
...evil/corruption therefore births good

My argument is that corruption/morality comes in different shades of grey
some are as neccesary as the fermentation/spoiling needed to make tasty cheese

So we need to take an enlightened view of corruption and not the blatant black white categorization that we easily ascribe to

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2013
esere826: ^^^

Of course, your chest beating is in order
Moral rostrums are an excellent posturing

We all need some Jesus in our societies
You'll make a fine one

...but the challenge with your type is that you rarely make it to a position were you can be a catalysmic change agent
so the society needs an Obasanjo to push you forward and firmly in place to cause havoc to evil.
This happening is oft referred to as LUCK
...evil/corruption therefore births good

My argument is that corruption/morality comes in different shades of grey
some are as neccesary as the fermentation/spoiling needed to make tasty cheese

So we need to take an enlightened view of corruption and not the blatant black white categorization that we easily ascribe to

esere826,
Well, the thing is I find it very hard to mix corruption with good. Whatever good comes out of anything corrupt must be some kind of Greek gift to the Trojans. I have lived long enough on this planet to know that. I like to call a spade what it is.

As per the spoiling and fermenting you alluded to, in order to make a tasty cheese, that must be your own personal view - and that's fine, we're all entitled to our own opinion. I await 99cents rebuttal.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by trillville(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:

Now, let me tell you a bit about myself. I've had to tell one 'oyinbo' guy who showed me a 'shortcut' way around paying for goods in a retail store in Houston that I will NOT follow his advice. You know what he said? You MUST be a different Nigerian.

I have been asked if I will stay back in the UK after my program by some folks from Khazakstan. I told them that whatever knowledge I have gained MUST be put to the greater and general use of my country Nigeria and that I have no plans or desire to stay back in the UK. I do not belong there and home is Nigeria. I had gone for their Khazakstani day in the school. Their response: You're a different Nigerian.

Back home in Naija. I have refused a 1500 dollars bribe (raw American dollars cash in an envelope) meant to influence my decision to 'alter' the award recommendation to our board for a contract. You can say 1500 dollars is a small amount of money - but this is how it starts. If you're not faithful in a small amount, how can you be faithful when millions come your way?

Now, that's some little story about myself. If I delve into personal 'issues' you will know that I am a no-nonsense Nigerian and a 'meritocratic' inclined human being. I consciously purge myself of every desire to tell a lie. I was a virgin when I married my wife. And although 'tempted' to have extra-marital affairs, I have, by the grace of God been faithful to my wife. I do not live above my means. I cut my coat according to my size and the quality of the clothing stuff I can buy. I don't look down on others who don't have the same opportunity as I do, and I don't envy anyone who have more than I do.

But I passionately hate corruption. I have told several of my friends that they should watch out for me in the future. I have warned them that if I venture into politics, and I become the president of this country by some stoke of luck, I am going to sacrifice myself and the life of anyone found to be corrupt for the liberation of this country from the jaws of corruption, nepotism, religious bigotry, indiscipline, laziness and ethnic rivalry. Everything will be done on merit. Tim did say in his write up that there are indeed some 10% or so Nigerians who are honest and true. I can beat my chest and say I belong to that group.

Now, that's a little 'something' about myself. Should I ask that you 'say' something about yourself? I am sure the corruption gene is in your blood, but who knows, lets hear from you.

I do not want to sound unpatriotic but please if you can find something to do in the UK do not come back home. I made the same bloody mistake after my undergrad. If you want to steal money, it makes sense coming back here but if your idea is to make a difference, you may end up messing ur life up.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent,
oya come back here. Ono needs to staighten you out properly

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2013
trillville:

I do not want to sound unpatriotic but please if you can find something to do in the UK do not come back home. I made the same bloody mistake after my undergrad. If you want to steal money, it makes sense coming back here but if your idea is to make a difference, you may end up messing ur life up.

I have said this before, and I will say it again: I am coming back for my country - and I will ruthlessly purge that country of EVERYTHING corruption - so help me God! I have travelled round the world and have seen how organized things can be. I am going to do all in my powers to make certain that we get that needed change to move forward as a nation.

Blood will flow. Many fat cats will die and they should be ready. Ono will not/never be gentle with corruption. Watch out for me guys.

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by esere826: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:

I have said this before, and I will say it again: I am coming back for my country - and I will ruthlessly purge that country of EVERYTHING corruption - so help me God! I have travelled round the world and have seen how organized things can be. I am going to do all in my powers to make certain that we get that needed change to move forward as a nation.

Blood will flow. Many fat cats will die and they should be ready. Ono will not/never be gentle with corruption. Watch out for me guys.

smiley great
almost sounds as messiahnic as Samson's tampering of the pillars and getting rid of a section of the Phillistinian elites

...the only problem like the oyinbo man suggested is that the next 100 legislators plus, might continue from where their elders stopped

2 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by trillville(m): 9:24am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:

You are starting to sound like Buhari, I just pray that you will not start crying after every four years like him.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2013
esere,
At least, by the time I'm done, some FEAR would have been instilled in those 100..and maybe, just maybe, I would have put the mechanisms in place to discourage corruption and corrupt practices. I appreciate the fact that these things take time and will not achieve 100% performance.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2013
trillville:
You are starting to sound like Buhari, I just pray that you will not start crying after every four years like him.

Nahh...I'm not interested in politics. Read my words up there, it must be by some stroke of luck for me to get that far. But that doesn't mean I won't be actively fighting against corruption in my corner of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by thoth: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2013
I am happy that the original writer was Neither Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba or else you would have seen how the whole article can be warped and distorted to mean something else.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by trillville(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2013
esere826: ^^^
Be careful with statistics
the misuse of it is an hallmark of an unenlightened or politically mischevious mind

Of course I was being intentionally mischievous, the girls name is 99cents, duh. If I could have started every sentence in the post with a 99 statistic, I would have.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Lordlexy: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2013
ono:

I'm glad i find someone who detest corruption like myself. Ono bro, i share your passion. It doesn't take much ppl to bring about the quality of change we desire. I believe God knows our heart and in just a nick of time we will get there to influence changes. Bro, keep it up.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Tantoo: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

The oyibo boy did the classic move beknownst of deceivers. He mixed elements of truth with falsehoods.

Falsehoods that have been SHOWN HERE WITH EVIDENCE to be falsehoods.

People like you need to become smart enough to decode these sort of articles...

What is the falsehood here? You see, it is very clear where Nigeria's problem lies, constant self delusion. Always prepared to blame our troubles on someone else. Why cant we phucking accept that the whole country is messed up.

Please show me a single sector in Nigeria that is functioning, except ministry of corruption.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: Keep on consoling yourself. There is nothing inferior in being realistic.
will you shut you slaveboy mouth you wastrel? Being realistic to you means sitting like a dumb robot while foreigners come in and trash the country, while you keep quiet since 'they invented the device you are using'. Sorry, we reject your slaveboy philosophy of subservience, and if you have a problem with that, go and eat shiit.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by jamesibor: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk: will you shut you slaveboy mouth you wastrel? Being realistic to you means sitting like a dumb robot while foreigners come in and trash the country, while you keep quiet since 'they invented the device you are using'. Sorry, we reject your slaveboy philosophy of subservience, and if you have a problem with that, go and eat shiit.
Why are you sounding like the product of contraceptive failure?
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
The only folks who don't agree with the article are those who believe that life is good simply because they are in a very small group of Nigerians who are doing well. They believe that Nigeria is great or improving because they can get on the net, travel to places outside Nigeria, watch F1 races in Dubai, drive the best cars the world has to offer, drink 500k worth of champagne on Friday and 600k Hennessy on Saturday. All the while forgetting that there are millions who are worse of today than when OBJ started his civilian tenure. I remember going to a bar on the Island with friends a few years back and Linkin Park was playing in the background. I commented happily a bar in Lagos was playing Rock music and this chap took me up on my comment. Proudly boasting about how the latest global hits were in Naija even before places the UK. The idiot couldn't boast about the first class education, infrastructure, development, etc that should have been in Nigeria.

The level of injustice and extreme frustration in Nigeria is unprecedented anywhere else given the resources of the country.

8 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: Why are you sounding like the product of contraceptive failure?

You have to realize some people revel and enjoy the stench of shiiiiiiiittttt! After all a pig enjoys its dirt. Very 'patriotic' Nigerians, I tell ya! Tehehehe. They are the ones I will kill first before the politician. I can assure you that! kiss
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ayox2003: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
AjanleKoko:

What reality do you need a British overpaid expat to bring home to you? Is it not the same Nigeria that we live in?
We don't need his sermonizing or sanctimonious sympathy, thanks very much.
You better stop getting high over every piece of junk you read about Nigeria on the Internet. Worse things are written about countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Russia, China, etc., every day, by these same fooking Westerners. Yet they are happy to accept our collective stolen monies, chase after our natural resources, and collaborate with our corrupt rulers, while doing their best to run down the morale of the people with some useless opinionated bullshyt.

If you have personal self-esteem issues, and can't handle Naija, get the hell out to Cameroun, and start your blog from there. A lot of you don't even know what's going on. Some of us deal with these oyinbo goats on a daily, and we are not impressed, thank you very much.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Like really? When I and Rossike defended Nigeria when the EU Ambassador said Nigeria has no reason to be poor, https://www.nairaland.com/1275812/nigeria-no-reason-poor-eu,

You wrote this:

AjanleKoko: LOL@ the usual conspirary theorists cum Naija apologists grin

I guess in the year 2113, the EU (or whatever world body will be running the show then) will still be busy lecturing us, while we throw up our various usual excuses and defences. grin

Mind you, I didnt support the EU's statement because, he was talking from data and publications. Plus he represents a corrupt organisation known for milking African nations.

But this British expat lived here for 3 years. He wasn't sent here by the British council, he worked in the oil sector.

I wont shy away from the truth this time! This article is just the basic truth about Nigeria and most nigerians!

Frawzey

5 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nuzo1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is no surprise.
A smart foreigner wouldn't need to live ut to 3 years before knowing all these. I've hadd first class experience with foreign friends and biz associates. They told me much about Nigeria after their first week.

Everything boils down to lack of law enforcement and morals.

Of all the op said, the traffic situations in Lasgidi and PH caught my attention.
Three years during and after my youth service, I ran away from Lagos cos of traffic Jam. Same thing with PH.
I just couldn't get used to it.

I knew I needed space. I couldn't think of raising my kids in such environment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s N250 Million Tour Bus For His Political Campaign / Why OBJ, Jonathan, Other Former Leaders Boycotted May 29, June 12 – Shehu Sani / Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Skelewu After The Defeat Of Boko Haram In Baja ( Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.