Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria (39964 Views)

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Nigeria Decides: Presidential Elections Prediction With Indepth Analysis. / Real Cost Of Fuel - An Indepth Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

You will cancel your trip because of commentary on any anonymous forum?

Why do some folks in Naija like to deceive themselves? And be boastful while doing it?

On the internet, almajiris too can boast to be Bill Gates na. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

You will cancel your trip because of commentary on any anonymous forum?

Why do some folks in Naija like to deceive themselves? And be boastful while doing it?

omg i can't believe someone took those words too seriously
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tim's analysis is exaggerated. His implied notion that a return to military rule would be helpful was misplaced. The assertion that nothing has changed for a decade is just not true.

But on a whole, corruption is pervasive in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sagamite:

On the internet, almajiris too can boast to be Bill Gates na. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahaha

Almajiris no get internet access now.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sagamite:

What rubbish are you chatting?

Toleration of conquered people is some achievement?

And you mean toleration by insisting they pay higher tax (jizya) than muslims to avoid being slaughtered?

You still haven't explained to me how "The first Islamic nation at the time of the prophet was the most just, safe, equitable, and flourishing political entities in the history of mankind".

What metrics did you use? What comparisons did you make?

Up to that point, the toleration and protection of conquered peoples were unprecedented in human history. Islam literally brought conscience to mankind, through its laws.

The nonbelievers do pay a tax for not serving in the military, I'd say that is pretty fair.

That was the first political entity of its size where the rulers did not try to exploit everyone, but instead had great compassion for the people and promoted the progress of knowledge and trade. So much scientific, legal, and economic innovations came from that era.

Look, I can see you have it in for Muslims and Islam, I'm not just replying to you but to reach other Muslims that we have to change Nigeria with what God has instructed us in the Quran and the Sharia.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:

Up to that point, the toleration and protection of conquered peoples were unprecedented in human history. Islam literally brought conscience to mankind, through its laws.

The nonbelievers do pay a tax for not serving in the military, I'd say that is pretty fair.

That was the first political entity of its size where the rulers did not try to exploit everyone, but instead had great compassion for the people and promoted the progress of knowledge and trade. So much scientific, legal, and economic innovations came from that era.

Look, I can see you have it in for Muslims and Islam, I'm not just replying to you but to reach other Muslims that we have to change Nigeria with what God has instructed us in the Quran and the Sharia.

Dude,

Take your BS somewhere else. No one is buying it.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

Dude,

Take your BS somewhere else. No one is buying it.

You are a nobody, I know that, but there may be others here, especially Muslims. This message is for them, not for you.

But this is just for you, please save some money so that your progeny can get a decent education lest they grow up functionally illiterate, pathologically intolerant, and incapable of critical thinking like you are. We don't need anymore people like that in this Nigeria.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

Hahahahahahaha

Almajiris no get internet access now.

Ah, government funding for madrassas is stepping up o. grin grin grin grin grin grin

alnaijiri:

Apart from the BS already highlighted by Katsumoto (which was obviously clunking bollocks), there is some merit in some of the things you said but you still have not told me how "The first Islamic nation at the time of the prophet was the most just, safe, equitable, and flourishing political entities in the history of mankind".

When you explain, please try and put emphasis on how it was "just", "safe" and "equitable".

While at it, also tell me if muslims that did not serve in the military also paid equivalent tax as non-muslims.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Rossikk: A lot of what the guy says is wrong, such as that peoples' lives have not improved since the military, and that democracy has delivered no dividends etc etc. Typical shallow analysis by a person who's never lived in Nigeria, but is just a visitor who now thinks he knows everything.

The security situation alone is enough to draw conclusions that military era was better.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:

You are a nobody, I know that, but there may be others here, especially Muslims. This message is for them, not for you.

But this is just for you, please save some money so that your progeny can get a decent education lest they grow up functionally illiterate, pathologically intolerant, and incapable of critical thinking like you are. We don't need anymore people like that in this Nigeria.

You are a donkey; no one in your family has access to the kind of education i have had. At what point did i tell you my kids, when God blesses me with them, will be educated in nigeria?

Sod off with ur BS.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Lovetinz(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
if only 25percent of nairalanders could pen a well composed post like the OP. Nairaland will be second to only Google.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by amnestylaw1(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

You are a donkey; no one in your family has access to the kind of education i have had. At what point did i tell you my kids, when God blesses me with them, will be educated in nigeria?

Sod off with ur BS.

Some good that "education" did for you. You are narrow-minded,impervious to new ideas, and simply unable to hold a rational conversation. Looks like that "education" was wasted on you.

A fool who graduated from Harvard is still a fool.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by roxell120(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
I agree with dis guy in toto.he is a great researcher drawing our real picture in few pages. what is the better way to describe us? I weep for u oh nigeria! the problem is that there is no hope in sight.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by yeko68: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
If the Government at the level of the Presidency can acknowledge the fact that 400000barrels of crude oil is stolen per day, then its unfortunate. Corruption in Nigeria is authority stealing at the high level.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:

Some good that "education" did for you. You are narrow-minded,impervious to new ideas, and simply unable to hold a rational conversation. Looks like that "education" was wasted on you.

A fool who graduated from Harvard is still a fool.

Hahahahahaha

You have jokes; you should be a comedian.

Someone who wants islamize a country as big and diverse as nigeria is accusing someone of being unreceptive to new ideas. grin grin grin

So you were expecting to hold a rational conversation after you called me a nobody?

You started with the condescending language and i only joined you cos i dont have time for your BS or your type. Let me know when you want to have a proper debate.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by skimarvel: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=Sagamite]

You are really a person!

-U WERE BORN IN NIGERIA
If corruption the oyinbo is talking about did not ruin your life and you could actually read and comprehend, then you would have picked up that I was not born in Nigeria when I clearly stated that in the post to you.

-U WERE FED OFF NIGERIA'S AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE
person, and so the fck what?

-U SKULED IN NIGERIA(dats if u eva saw d four walls of a university)
person, we are back at that reading and comprehension challenge you have again. I said the UK gave me the opportunity to study in one of the best universities in the world, you think that would be in Nigeria, cretin?

-U WILL GET A JOB IN NIGERIA
For what? If that line opened, most likely I would be taking the employing path and majority of my staff would most likely have a higher proportion of Oyinbos. The poor education of Nigeria churns out many fucktards like you to the point the pool of quality candidates would be too low and I am definitely the type that will not hesitate in sacking fucktards that want to make big money with as little efforts as possible like the Oyinbo observed.

-U WILL GET MARRIED TO A NIGERIAN GIRL(whom i pray iz nt a slowpoke lyk u)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The chances of that is very low. Dem know that fact on NL.

-U WILL GIVE BIRTH TO NIGERIAN CHILDREN(if u re nt impotent)
person, by blood, not by mentality. Affiliation is not even guaranteed. They might decide to self-identify with some other foreign nation as long as Nigeria has cretins like you.

-U WILL DIE ND B BURIED IN NIGERIA...
The only sense you made. My body no fit escape Sagamu!
![quote]ANODA OF DOZ WHO WAS SOLD DURING D SLAVE TRADE ERA...GUY U WILL HANG UNTO AN AIRPLANE TYRE JUST TO GET TO NIGERIA WEN JONATHAN FINISHES HIS TRANSFORMATION...And pls iz 'CRETIN' nd 'person' the only big words u were taught in ur so called 'best university'..go check up anoda word in d dictionary
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by samola01: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
There is hope for our dear country !!!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
skimarvel: ANODA OF DOZ WHO WAS SOLD DURING D SLAVE TRADE ERA...GUY U WILL HANG UNTO AN AIRPLANE TYRE JUST TO GET TO NIGERIA WEN JONATHAN FINISHES HIS TRANSFORMATION...And pls iz 'CRETIN' nd 'person' the only big words u were taught in ur so called 'best university'..go check up anoda word in d dictionary

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg make I laugh for one minute.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye, ye, ye!

My belle o, my head o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jonathan will transform the country? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course it is only words like "cretin" and "person" I will stick with when arguing with a person that believes Jonathan will transform the country. The same PRESIDENT that negotiated the payment of over $1 billion for a felon that sold national asset to himself under a false name for $2m?

You are a person! A product of a failed education system. You were one of the cretins screaming "Fresh Air"? grin

Fucktards and cretins would believe Jonathan when he says he is "transforming" Nigeria into America and Kuwait combined. grin

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by SisiKill1: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Jonathan?!!!!

Okay that's funny. cheesy cheesy

Comedy night on NL I tells ya. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:
Someone who wants islamize a country as big and diverse as nigeria is accusing someone of being unreceptive to new ideas.
Again, I want to say that this message isn't only for the person I'm replying but for anyone willing to listen.

Yes, Nigeria is diverse, culturally, linguistically, religiously, economically, racially, etc... But we are all human beings. We all have a soul which yearns for its Creator. Only through Islam can we connect to our Creator. God created every human being for a specific role to play in making the world a better place. Only through the teachings of Islam can a person fulfill the purpose he is placed on this Earth.

Islamic governance and jurisprudence is the only one that fits human beings. Because it is made by our Creators intended for us. It's an instruction manual for our lives. Where do you get your instruction manual? Not from just anybody, not from politicians, etc, but from the manufacturer, the designer. In our case, it is God who created and designed us, so we should look to Him for instructions.

And that instruction is the Islamic religion.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by shanktang(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
All well said, and to make it even more pathetic some dude with strong energy within them don't even see it as issues strong enough to protest about, rather they'll go about protesting for one over fed Egyptian president to be reinstated, me think we have a big disease eating us up
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:
Again, I want to say that this message isn't only for the person I'm replying but for anyone willing to listen.

Yes, Nigeria is diverse, culturally, linguistically, religiously, economically, racially, etc... But we are all human beings. We all have a soul which yearns for its Creator. Only through Islam can we connect to our Creator. God created every human being for a specific role to play in making the world a better place. Only through the teachings of Islam can a person fulfill the purpose he is placed on this Earth.

Islamic governance and jurisprudence is the only one that fits human beings. Because it is made by our Creators intended for us. It's an instruction manual for our lives. Where do you get your instruction manual? Not from just anybody, not from politicians, etc, but from the manufacturer, the designer. In our case, it is God who created and designed us, so we should look to Him for instructions.

You still have not answered my earlier questions and you continue throwing more sophism.

Now to add to it, who told you my soul yearns for a creator? You have soulometer you used to read it ni?
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Katsumoto: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:

You need to be careful with how you use words. When you have a mindset as displayed in this post of yours, do not ever accuse others of being close-minded or unreceptive to new ways of thinking. Now let me give you my own interpretation of religion and spirituality - I may be Roman Catholic but I do not believe that there is one way to be at one with the creator. If God intended for all humans to have one way of thinking, then he wouldn't have created us in different colours, shapes, sizes, speaking many languages, etc.

Some of my closest friends are Muslims and I have never invited them or anyone to church. Our backgrounds determine our religion or lack of it but as we get older and more enlightened, we can them make the choices that suit our ways of thinking. As long as no one can prove that he has seen and spoken to God, you don't have the right to tell others that your way is the right way. Your way is the right way for you and you only, no more no less.

I called your message BS for that reason. There is so much wrong with religion and its prediction that I take issues with those who want to force their ideas on others.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by egbesegbe: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
I
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
alnaijiri:
[s]Again, I want to say that this message isn't only for the person I'm replying but for anyone willing to listen.

And that instruction is the Islamic religion.[/s]

Bullocks!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by skimarvel: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sagamite:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg make I laugh for one minute.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye, ye, ye!

My belle o, my head o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jonathan will transform the country? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course it is only words like "cretin" and "person" I will stick with when arguing with a person that believes Jonathan will transform the country. The same PRESIDENT that negotiated the payment of over $1 billion for a felon that sold national asset to himself under a false name for $2m?

You are a person! A product of a failed education system. You were one of the cretins screaming "Fresh Air"? grin

Fucktards and cretins would believe Jonathan when he says he is "transforming" Nigeria into America and Kuwait combined. grin
i want to assume u re still a nobody go achieve sme tin nd then u kan kal sme1 Jonathan...am sure he kan buy ur entire generation out of slavery u knw...
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

You need to be careful with how you use words. When you have a mindset as displayed in this post of yours, do not ever accuse others of being close-minded or unreceptive to new ways of thinking. Now let me give you my own interpretation of religion and spirituality - I may be Roman Catholic but I do not believe that there is one way to be at one with the creator. If God intended for all humans to have one way of thinking, then he wouldn't have created us in different colours, shapes, sizes, speaking many languages, etc.

Some of my closest friends are Muslims and I have never invited them or anyone to church. Our backgrounds determine our religion or lack of it but as we get older and more enlightened, we can them make the choices that suit our ways of thinking. As long as no one can prove that he has seen and spoken to God, you don't have the right to tell others that your way is the right way. Your way is the right way for you and you only, no more no less.

I called your message BS for that reason. There is so much wrong with religion and its prediction that I take issues with those who want to force their ideas on others.

Not my idea. The universality of Islam is stipulated by God Himself.

Yes, background may determine what our nominal religion may be, but it will not determine what we have in our hearts. Being a Muslim isn't simply a category you check off in the census, it's a unbreakable connection to God to adhere to His Laws and to commit to making the world a better place, and above all, to make God the centre of one's life. That isn't something determined by background alone, but through an intentional decision.

You said as long as there's no proof who talked to God and whatnot, you can't say that a certain religion is more valid than another. In this modern world, when people the world over are losing their traditions and spirituality in becoming more materialistic, it is ONLY the Muslims who have among them those who have supported their beliefs with concrete actions. Look at the Muslim brothers risking their lives to protect the Muslim communities in Northern Nigeria, in Mali, in Syria, in Libya, in Egypt, etc. I don't see Christians risking their lives when their faith is in danger of being suppressed or corrupted. Only Muslims put their money where their mouth is. The validity of a faith is measured by the action of the faithful in defence of their beliefs. In this category, none can match the fervour of the Muslims.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by rodbel(m): 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Thank you. So because we have not turned to Japan or Germany, it means we've made no progress? For your information on many things you mentioned we have improved, such as infant mortality rates, poverty rates, and even access to clean drinking water. Evidence:

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html

Even the World Bank the other day admitted that poverty was reducing in Nigeria. What about the roads and rail? What about communications? Was it not under the military that all the infrastructure crumbled, something we're now fixing to great acclaim by Nigerians? Will your foreign visitor/writer know any of this? Afterall he just pops in and out and can write anything.

Bro weldone. Do me a favour please

How many people have access to pipe borne water in your vicinity?

How many hours of electricity do you enjoy in a day?

How many I your neighbours live on an average of 1000naira per day?

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by skimarvel: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Jonathan?!!!!

Okay that's funny. cheesy cheesy

Comedy night on NL I tells ya. cheesy cheesy
U take afta ur name...u almost killed me...i tells u
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
skimarvel: i want to assume u re still a nobody go achieve sme tin nd then u kan kal sme1 Jonathan...am sure he kan buy ur entire generation out of slavery u knw...

Eh-ehn! You are a person and you are proving it.

If I am a nobody, what are you then considering how moronic I have proved you are? grin

At least I have achieved an education that ensures I don't speak in textspeak and I don't take pride in a President I think is wealthy from civil service work?

Cretin, this is what happens when I turn on people. After a while, after their defiance, after the pummeling, it always comes to a self-realisation period where deep inside they say to themselves "God, this guy is right. I am really stuupid. I am super dumb and Nigerian education has destroyed my ability to think and reason on issues". grin

Maybe the self-realisation thinking would not be in such good English though, it might be in Pidgin English for most fucktards like you. grin

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ogaju007(m): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
This makes me so happy. This is what you get when you decide to hire foreigners with the notion that they're always know better when in actual fact, if he/she was so good at what he does, he wouldn't have come to Nigeria in the first place. After all his rattle, he decided to sign on for another three years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s N250 Million Tour Bus For His Political Campaign / My Visit To President-elect Buhari Today In Daura(photo) / Why OBJ, Jonathan, Other Former Leaders Boycotted May 29, June 12 – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.