Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? (1296 Views)

She Left Because I Told Her I Stay With My Parent's / If Your Husband Slaps You A Few Weeks After The Wedding Will You Stay Or Leave / Should I Stay Or Walk Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by dstiva99: 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
I have known my boyfriend for 2 years, we originally started dating for about three months, broke up and then got back together. We have been back together for about 10 months and he claims he wants to be serious but I just don't know. A few weeks ago, we went to a concert and saw a guy friend of mine there, I introduced my boyfriend to the guy and then a couple of weeks later, I saw this same guy out with a girl at the movies. I was with a female friend of mine and the four of us started talking, the guy friend asked me how my bf was and I said fine. The girl with him asked who my boyfriend was and she said "oh yeah I know him, we work together" and she had a look on her face which bothered me but I said nothing. I later asked my guy friend about the girl and he claimed that the girl was interested in him but he wasn't so sure about her. Later that week, she got my number from the guy friend and called me. She said she was calling to let me know that she knew my bf and has known him for 6 months, never knew he had a gf, and in fact thought she was dating him. I asked her if they were going out or ever had sex and she said no but that they had been "dating" and that he was telling her that he getting older and is ready to settle down and wants to get married next year. So I hung up with her and immediately called my bf, I told him what she said and said that if he wants to date other girls he should go ahead because me I don't want to be with someone who is not serious about me. He told me that he is not dating the girl, that she is just his friend and that he loves me and wants to be serious with me. He even said how could he be dating the girl, if the girl is supposedly liking my guy friend and that the girl just wants to start trouble because she called me without calling him first and because she likes him and he is not interested in her. At this point, I don't know what to believe, I mean I don't believe he cheated with this girl and have no knowledge of any other girls, but why have a random girl who knows you and talks to you on the phone on a regular basis who doesn't even know you have a gf. I know there was a reason why he didn't tell her so I feel he wants to keep his options open with other girls, which I already told him he is free to do just as long as he doesn't expect to be dating me as well because I am not interested in games. He says he doesn't want to date other people and wants to be serious with only me, he now says he wants to take me home to meet his family in naija this xmas, but all of this may be in reaction to the fact that I told him I was ready to break up if he doesn't want to be serious. I am just confused now because I thought things were going well and progressing until this situation happened. What happened might not be so bad for some girls, but I hate infidelity so anything that suggests it could happen in the future really bothers me. If he's having so called "friends" now, what might he have in the future? and why does he need female friends anyway? I feel that whatever he needs, he can get from me and the fact that he would seek out to be friends with another woman and not tell her about me or me about her really bothers me. I love him but I am not sure I should still trust him. Our relationship is at a crossroads because I don't know whether to stay or leave.
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Follow your intuition.
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
You called your boyfriend.....she called your boyfriend....you went to see movie.....should you stay or go? Sorry I don't understand undecided
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
A was goinG to read that, but half way I stopped....sorry o, just accept it and move on,you are making him feel too important. Too much of 'she said,I said,..you still have a long way to go op.
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by mascot87(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
What a thread embarassed ,your story na sorry case. we no understand abeg
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by SLIDiE(m): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
1. Yes it may be true he is dating the lady.

2. Maybe not

So, how will u get to knw the truth?

1. Relax! It's good u let him knw u can't continue if he kept that up!

2. Cut intimacy ties until u are sure. Have a set time for observation. After the time lapses, and u are still not sure, scrape him!!!

Now, listen:

Av u noticed dt all posters above me are ladies and funny thing is, they av nothing to be called an impo to say? U wanna knw why?

1. Many are nothing but saddists!

2. They are confused like the atheist and they embraced feminism! A side which says: u can do anything u like!

3. Some don losse hope for marriage due to wasted years!! And all those, 'e no matter to marry' is due to their raising of 'white flags' to achieving it!

Now, dnt u ever come here and expect a good advice...too many dark souls....

Av a nice time!
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
You have to learn to trust your guy
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by owolabifunke14(f): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
My dear you have to study him well before committing your future. Most men are goat if not all of them excpet my Dad. They cheat and cover up like buffering agents
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
^LOL. You excluded your Dad, smart move. tongue
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
sexytabhi: You have to learn to trust your guy

Mtcheeew never trust a cheater. OP dump the guy. They are fond of saying that shit to keep you with them while they are hunting elsewhere.
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by owolabifunke14(f): 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Yield: ^LOL. You excluded your Dad, smart move. tongue
yes o,he's so special lol
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
owolabifunke14: yes o,he's so special lol

Your dad is the only special man in the world right?
Re: At A Relationship Crossroads: Should I Stay Or Leave? by 190theclown: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2013
guy man na guy man!!

I like that your boyfriend (No homo)

hes smart!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Keep A Relationship Without Acting Wayward?? / Long-term Relationship! / I Took Pity On His Old Age,but He Dupe Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.