Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna (11982 Views)

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade / Two OAU Graduates Take On Facebook & Twitter With News App / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by halmeyd(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Graduates have taken over most car wash businesses in Kaduna metropolis to end their endless search for formal jobs.

A correspondent who went round the city reports that the operators were making brisk business and smiling to the banks.

Julius Samba, a graduate of the University of Maiduguri, who operates a car wash centre at Poly Gate, said he ventured into the business when he realised he was wasting his “precious time searching for non existing jobs”.

According to him, he washes as much as 25 cars on a good day and now makes between N80,000 and N100,000 a month.

He said, “i would not go to work for anyone if offered a job now, with 8 persons working for me.”

Mr kelechi Humphrey, who graduated from the University of Abuja in 2009 and now runs a car washing outfit at Barnawa area of the city, said he makes as much as N120, 000 a month.

He told NAN that he charges between N300 and N500 depending on the nature of the car, and makes an average of N4000 daily.

Humphrey advised unemployed youths to utilise their time positively, instead of resorting to acts that would be inimical to their future.

Mr John Vatt, a patron said his street was bad and needed to wash his car before going out everyday, and commended the initiative of the youths in setting up car wash businesses.

Another patron, Ahmed Usman, said car wash washing centres were contributing significantly to reducing unemployment and urged the government to create a special fund to support them. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/unemployment-graduates-smile-to-banks-washing-cars-in-kaduna/

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by kindy86: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
& i dey here dey roast

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by kkkp: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dats gud...nt chasing jobs dat doesn't exist
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Iaz93: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2013
money dey car wash oh!
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Excelboi(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2013
Atleast some trolls and bigots will get a job than ranting joblessly on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by WHIZBRO(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Girls, Which business una dey do? ... Asz Wash?

8 Likes

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by NoContract(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2013
4/5 years of tetiary education...only to wash cars.

Thank God Its Monday.

By the way, what's up with Nairaland Association of Unemployed Graduates? grin

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by phayvoursky(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2013
no time to wait for ASUU
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by plainmirror(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Abeg who get blackberry charger
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2013
in PEJ's voice...that's a gud one there son,be a job creator and not a job seeker...35percent of women involvement is stil intact.women should b given d chance to wash cars too.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by holyvirgin: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2013
Way to go nigerians, government cannot employ everybody. The earlier we find more creative, innovative and hardworking youths the better for our economy.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by fyneboi79(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2013
Nice initiative! God bless their hustle.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by plainmirror(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2013
GEJ+ASUU+BH
Is to b blamed
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by NoContract(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2013
plainmirror: Abeg who get blackberry charger

Come here, dem swear for you ni?

6 Likes

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by caesaraba(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2013
It's good business.
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by nedu2000(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2013
4rm the report its bad roads,unemployment......but they tell us to vote GEJ in 2015 undecided
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2013
Dat gud
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2013
The business acumen of that Kelechi Humphery of a guy is on top gear.
See the differnce in his monthly earning compared to the Julius Samba.

BTW, They're both doing well. Their ingeneauty pays!
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Davidolives(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2013
3rd 2 coment hmmmmm an gettin dere.when a whole graduate no get work na 2 dey comment on nairaland oooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by brownlord: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2013
halmeyd:

He said, “i would not go to work for anyone if offered a job now, with 8 persons working for me.”

Mr kelechi Humphrey, who graduated from the University of Abuja in 2009 and now runs a car washing outfit at Barnawa area of the city, said he makes as much as N120, 000 a month./

@bolded, that guy no know wetin em dey talk

Mr Kelechi, if atall that na man name, which part of Nigeria that guy come from, em never hear say he Ndi gbo people say make all the biaf rat sorry biafra come house?
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by nerodenero: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2013
Day-by-day, Education is getting extremely unattractive in the country. Why go to University when one will end-up washing cars? Anyway, I like these guys courage and I commend them for this. The Federal Government needs to redirect its effort towards creating job opportunities for Nigerians. A stitch in time saves nine.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by gerrardomendes(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2013
no time for spoon-feeding
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by kennyonthrone(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2013
God i pray e no go b ma portion,wen i gradge i go finnd beta work follow chop 9ja Oyel money
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Davidolives(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2013
una bad 4 dis nairaland ooooooo
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by nerodenero: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2013
Ishsoph: The business acumen of that Kelechi Humphery of a guy is on top gear.
See the differnce in his monthly earning compared to the Julius Samba.

BTW, They're both doing well. Their ingeneauty pays!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by brownlord: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2013
Davidolives: 3rd 2 coment hmmmmm an gettin dere.when a whole graduate no get work na 2 dey comment on nairaland oooooooooo

You are the real definition of UNEMPLOYMENT, na frustration come make you no fit even count 1,2,3 again, Seun you no need mod. even if na caretaker mod abeg, help this man before we hear say another graduate commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2013
thank God for their lives, for them taking the initiative. Sad to say, but its not everything the government can do for us. Youths should take control of their lives and make something meaningful out of it.
PS: This is not to say that everyone should now go into car washing; there are other businesses that require low start up capital like barbing salon, hairdressing salon, buying & selling of used materials like clothes, books, etc...
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Time changes yesterday.
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by NoContract(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2013
brownlord:

@bolded, that guy no know wetin em dey talk

Mr Kelechi, if atall that na man name, which part of Nigeria that guy come from, em never hear say he Ndi gbo people say make all the biaf rat sorry biafra come house?

E no go better for you as you wan try all possible means to turn this thread tribal.

Eediots!

9 Likes

Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by SNOWWHITE240(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2013
i go soon start my own
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by lexicography(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2013
I thank GOD its car Wash not army robber Nigeria is a place where will have thief as leader senator as thugs
Re: Graduates Take-over Washing Cars In Kaduna by Spacey(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2013
No time even to check time. This is comendable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News / Lawmakers Fault President Buhari's Performance As He Presents 2019 Budget / EFCC Grills Fowler Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.