Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa (25656 Views)

Pls How Can I Get Work Permit From Nigeria To USA / My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. / Do I Need Transit Visa To Morocco? En-route Lagos To Usa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Reserved.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by adezjamz(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Longeria: That's major reason you must vote JONATHAN again, otherwise you will pray for Afghanistan visa when Association of pathetic creatures, APC, takes over.
are U̶̲̥̅̊ one of Jona's dog? Abi wetin b "vote jonah" for every matter? I pity U̶̲̥̅̊

1 Like

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Lamasta(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
?
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2013

I laugh in Dalek.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
I was even expecting to see a cogent reason but all i saw was earthquake. has earthquake finished killing everyone in America. Infact, when last did a serious earthquake happen in America.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by zolajpower: 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
As we all know there is no country without a natural disaster and Americans' case shldnt be the list here. I think what i can deduce from the op/writer senairo is that he eventually traveld to America with help of fasting and prayer and laying of hands on his passport. I dont know that people who mislead like this still exist. What a misleading story...
There are other excuses that can be more frighten than the earthquake thing. I was thinking he was gonna mention, he was confronted kk boy who bomb martin luther king jr's home and try to kill him or the killing spree that happen in some part of america. After all boko haram is more deadly than all the earthquake put together in America. Atleast,i have seen where human survive earth quake, but no human survive the boko boys.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2013

Pathetic answer....pray GEJ has been doing wonders since he got there! He has been fighting corruption including refusing to grant a presidential pardon to his Godfather convict

He has indeed gotten EFCC busy by sanctioning the prosecution of corrupt people including his party members and the fuel subsidy thieves who are known sponsors of his 2011 election

Oh GEJ has put a great stop to crude oil theft at his backyard by SS criminals

Indeed wonder-worker GEJ govt have deviced a means to police well our crude oil pipelines by increasing and funding well our security agencies rather than awarding pipeline security contracts to known criminals and goons

GEJ has really done well by reducing the price of fuel from N65 to N30 and not trying to snuff life out of the masses who had to defy all odds to force their magnanimous president to reduce the price from a life-threatning N140 to N97

He indeed has delivered on his promise of building 3 more refineries hence importation of petroleum products have reduced drastically

GEJ has indeed done well by polarising Nigerians along ethnicity and religious divide never before witnessed in this country

GEJ is sure performing wonders by plunging us back into needless debt while obliterating the debt forgiveness gains OBJ govt recorded and also almost wiping out the excess crude money

GEJ is sure the best this country has had in recent times cos he knew where the shoe pinches us since he was shoeless but now clueless when faced with challenges of nationhood

So much so for increased power generation and cut throat tarriffs and electricity charges we have had to battle with under him yet churning out the age-hold flimsy excuses of 'we are on top of the situation'

Nigerians have never had it so bad with a president who plays politics with our security choosing to name call people(opposition) has sponsors and supporters of a terrorist group which has tended to cripple his govt but lacking the political might to bring the people to book since he knows the people are gullible but will join him in chorusing the same propaganda
You must be a fool to blame gej for the ethnic issues. why not blame him for snow not falling in nigeria?? Ethnic issues that caused azik and awo not to come together and form an alliance that would have made nigeria move forward but no tribal distrust made them go their seperate way and allow aminu kano and co to capitalize and they never looked back. Gej was still a youn boy when this was happening. Gej biggest enemy right now is amaechi according to ur sahara reporter and they come form the same area and the last time i checked there has been peace in that area so the people are not divided. If the ss criminals steal their oil whats bad are they worse than the mallams who own oil wells in a land their fore fathers never owned?? I live in canada and i can tell you alberta the oil region has special benefits but what do the niger delta boys have polluted rivers, cancer, sickness from oil spillage!! You blame gej for the nation woes really?? What happened to the babangidas, the buharis, the abachas, the obansanjos, the yaraduas that started this decline o they are saints?? Nigeria had no intelligence service after the 1970s and you expect GEJ to deal with boko haram like that?? If there was no fbi or mossad or british intelligence you will have seen the woirst terror ever in the britian, isreal and usa. So shut up when you7 say no peace caus ewe are having to play catch up due to the previous administration reluctance to form an intelligence unit. Gej can't intercept the bomb that is not his work. He has revived the intelligence unit and it will take time for us to see the result. Ask isreal before mossad became big they faced multiple atttacks from the arab terrorists. Also what happened to the born to rule people who said they will make the country ungovernable?? Oh thats Gej fault to too? Yeah i admit the fight for corrupion has stalled but since idiagbhon era has there been any real corruption fight?? Is tinubu or any of these other guys better than Goodluck?? Or buhari the weakling that was the only hgead of state to be overthrown when he was around. It has started again already tinubu and his cabal are making him their scape goat again. Gej remains the best candidate out there for now. Also pdp remain the only party that does primaries in nigeria the other lemme not even start has ACN ever done one. Tinubu is running his personal family business and you all blindly keep saying vote this vote that. If a change is truly to come i have not seen any hope yet until then we have to stick to the best devil not the worst which are pdp and GEJ
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by bilms(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
why the insult
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Dancee1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nigeria is blessd and i prefer being here than any other country,anytime, anyday.@oP, d experience of ur friend in d usa was just a natural thing dat could be experienced any where in d world and as a matter of fact is not suppose to be an excuse for hating to travel to d U.S. And for those of u who like rediculing our president, just endeavour to get a life. Our president is really working but it will only take sometime for us to see its manifestation because no one can change what d people has believed and acted opun for decades overnight. so let us persevere for in due time, we wil reap d harvest of d hard work of our dear president. I sincerely love GeJ. yes i do.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by MsNas(f): 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
How many USA threads are we gonna find on front page?

About the earthquake, common sense no tell him to run? You notice say ground dey shake, you still siddon? SMH. Anyways, earthquake shouldn't be the reason for your write up. It makes no sense.

America has natural disasters and they prepare well in Advance before it hits. Nigeria has human disasters and even after it hits nobody cares. Which one better pass? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by texaco1: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
Am I missing something?why are ppl bringing gej into this issue? What has gej got to do with someone that went to usa for vacations? Or did gej sponsor his trip ?just asking o
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by bilms(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
i wonder too
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
freshyd:
You must be a fool to blame gej for the ethnic issues. why not blame him for snow not falling in nigeria?? Ethnic issues that caused azik and awo not to come together and form an alliance that would have made nigeria move forward but no tribal distrust made them go their seperate way and allow aminu kano and co to capitalize and they never looked back. Gej was still a youn boy when this was happening. Gej biggest enemy right now is amaechi according to ur sahara reporter and they come form the same area and the last time i checked there has been peace in that area so the people are not divided. If the ss criminals steal their oil whats bad are they worse than the mallams who own oil wells in a land their fore fathers never owned?? I live in canada and i can tell you alberta the oil region has special benefits but what do the niger delta boys have polluted rivers, cancer, sickness from oil spillage!! You blame gej for the nation woes really?? What happened to the babangidas, the buharis, the abachas, the obansanjos, the yaraduas that started this decline o they are saints?? Nigeria had no intelligence service after the 1970s and you expect GEJ to deal with boko haram like that?? If there was no fbi or mossad or british intelligence you will have seen the woirst terror ever in the britian, isreal and usa. So shut up when you7 say no peace caus ewe are having to play catch up due to the previous administration reluctance to form an intelligence unit. Gej can't intercept the bomb that is not his work. He has revived the intelligence unit and it will take time for us to see the result. Ask isreal before mossad became big they faced multiple atttacks from the arab terrorists. Also what happened to the born to rule people who said they will make the country ungovernable?? Oh thats Gej fault to too? Yeah i admit the fight for corrupion has stalled but since idiagbhon era has there been any real corruption fight?? Is tinubu or any of these other guys better than Goodluck?? Or buhari the weakling that was the only hgead of state to be overthrown when he was around. It has started again already tinubu and his cabal are making him their scape goat again. Gej remains the best candidate out there for now. Also pdp remain the only party that does primaries in nigeria the other lemme not even start has ACN ever done one. Tinubu is running his personal family business and you all blindly keep saying vote this vote that. If a change is truly to come i have not seen any hope yet until then we have to stick to the best devil not the worst which are pdp and GEJ

Story

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Longeria: That's major reason you must vote JONATHAN again, otherwise you will pray for Afghanistan visa when Association of pathetic creatures, APC, takes over.
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by texaco1: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
bilms: i wonder too
thank God I am not the only one thinking along that line.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by nijanigga: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Does this guy have anything like brain in him or Nigerian nightmares have drained him of any thinking capability. So insane that it become comical for a toddler. Can you wake up in the middle of the night and begin to travel by road in Nigeria? If you want to try it please say your last prayer. You're not even sure of electricity, visit the MMIA and see if you won't be run over by touts. The guy was calling earth tremor earthquake. Just pray that there won't be any explosions at a military cantonment in Lagos, Nigeria again. Get real dude, life expectancy in Nigeria is paltry 42 years just about half of the US.
So many educated illiterates in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Usmansa: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
bilms: Ofcourse, no past president did achieve what gej achieved in term of failure, like taking Nigeria to highest level of unemployment rate in history(68%), worst security bridges(military), waste of innocent lives(bokoharam), hardship in its highest form(increased poverty rate as a result of bad policies, e.g,subsidy), high level of covered physical corruption(police pension committe,fuel subsidy thieves all covered by gej), abuse of power(pardon of a convict criminal, Alam, gej's godfather), raw tribalism and sectional promotion (asari,edwin,etc), falling education (asu) etc.
cheesy
bilms: Ofcourse, no past president did achieve what gej achieved in term of failure, like taking Nigeria to highest level of unemployment rate in history(68%), worst security bridges(military), waste of innocent lives(bokoharam), hardship in its highest form(increased poverty rate as a result of bad policies, e.g,subsidy), high level of covered physical corruption(police pension committe,fuel subsidy thieves all covered by gej), abuse of power(pardon of a convict criminal, Alam, gej's godfather), raw tribalism and sectional promotion (asari,edwin,etc), falling education (asu) etc.
u said it all boss
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by mufutau55(m): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
The story is Bull Shit.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by nijanigga: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dan cee: Nigeria is blessd and i prefer being here than any other country,anytime, anyday.@oP, d experience of ur friend in d usa was just a natural thing dat could be experienced any where in d world and as a matter of fact is not suppose to be an excuse for hating to travel to d U.S. And for those of u who like rediculing our president, just endeavour to get a life. Our president is really working but it will only take sometime for us to see its manifestation because no one can change what d people has believed and acted opun for decades overnight. so let us persevere for in due time, we wil reap d harvest of d hard work of our dear president. I sincerely love GeJ. yes i do.

How then do you make comparison if all your life what you know is boko haram, power outrage, legislooters and millions of man made disasters.
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Omojayejaye(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
Op...earth tremors in the US and other developed nations is better than robber quake,corruption quake and kidnap quake in naija..nothing works in naija...the roads are at deplorable state that. one would feel ,it's earthquake of 6.5 magnitude just occurred....of course pple reside and work in a country like newzealand and they don't die of heart problems and the life expectancy over there is far better to what is obtainable in naija...ppl die chickens in naija..
This is just a silly excuse by the dude because the embassy denied him a long stay visa..
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by bebe2(f): 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
bilms: I REGRETTED THE PRAYERS I OFFERED TO GOD TO TAKE ME TO USA

After not seeing my friend Val for quit some while, we finally meet once again and it was fun all through.

While gisting and discussing, we began to talk about his previous trip to USA on a short visit last year.

Val revealed that, Although, going to the USA on a visit was a dream come true, as he never imagined going to that country and not wanting to stay there forever, this is because, he has had several failed attempt to travel to the USA while he was much more younger and struggling.

In his words, ''At that time, i only see my self in USA and no where else. I even dropped out of school because i wanted to travel to USA. ''

''I went to several church prayer sessions purposely for my travel to work out, several night vigils and several pastors laying hand on my international passports.''

''I was also duped several times along the line and not until i had nothing left to spend, i never stopped trying to travel to USA. he said.

Val continued that, It was after he had nothing left to persue his USA dream before he resigned to faith in Nigeria and thought of doing something meaningful.

Val has now made a good life for himself in Nigeria and as part of his holiday plans, he decided to take a trip to his dream USA on a short visit last year.

Commenting on his trip,Vale said, Abdul, do you know that when i finally get to the USA, i actually regretted the prayers i offered to God to take me to USA when i was struggling?

He noted that, something terrible almost happened while he was in the USA.

According to him, one morning, i noticed a sharp vibration from the ground of my hotel room as if the ground was breaking which scared me so greatly, but it stopped in few seconds and i relaxed my mind to prepare to go out.

After my bath, i was putting on my cloths and the sharp vibration started again, but this time in a greater proportion and i had to run to the reception in the down stirs to find out what is happening, but to my surprise, there was no one left in the hotel including the reception, everyone had long went out and stood by the other side which is not affected by the vibration of the earthquake except me.

Earthquake i asked? yes, earthquake he replied. I was the only person left in the hotel and if anything had happened that day, i would have been the only casualty. val emotionally said.

They didn't raise the alarm, nothing.

The other guests had long run out of the hotel and they were all asking why they didn't press the alert button,but the receptionist said, they tried to do so, but the alert didn't work. It seems it had some faults.

The main point is that, if the building had collapse, val would have been the only casualty and this according to val's feeling is an indication to what might have happened to him if he had successfully made it to the USA over the years.

He thank God for not letting him make it to the USA earlier and for his life in Nigeria now.

COURTESY: NIGERIA MUST CHANGE

is he back home now?

1 Like

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by peeta4u(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2013

Tell me one great thing he has achieved....corruption all d way.

We need som1 with a lion's heart....

1 Like

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by peeta4u(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
gboss4sure:

Explain how he became a failure, Which past President achieved what GEJ has achieved so far, Just mention past administrations and their achievements in Nigeria.

Are u nt in d country... U dnt need to be told... Except u are biased...
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by muffins99(f): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
America, home of the brave!

Maybe this is the reason why God didn't answer his prayers until recently- who knows, he may have died/ been injured in the 9/11 disaster or died when Hurricane Katrina or Hurricane Sandy swept across the states. At the time, he would probably have been 'burning candles', 'bathing with special soap', 'binding and loosing', 'commanding all his enemies to fall down and die' and 'praying the old woman from the village to become paralised! while God was shaking his head and saying 'Ol Boy, you no fit live for yankee o, better stay in Nija, Land of kunun and sobo!
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by optimusprime2(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Kai, Ignorance...
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Imoobot(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
I love my country i no go lie, na inside am i go live and die!
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by NFSBob(m): 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
gboss4sure:

Explain how he became a failure, Which past President achieved what GEJ has achieved so far, Just mention past administrations and their achievements in Nigeria.
pls sir, in your infinite wisdom, can you point out how gej's administration has helped the common man on the street? Is dere better health care? Is lagos ibadan exp way no longer a death trap? Is a senator's approval no longer required b4 u can secure a job in top govt paralstatals eg: nigerian shippers council, are ministers under gej's nose no longer looting esp the minister that orders her staff to do the needful, as ASUU called off their strike?
Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by NFSBob(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
gboss4sure:

Re: I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa by Ferdinandu(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2013

bilms: Jonathan is a failure. live with the reality or die blabing

Two of you are just damned stupid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users / South Sudan Plane Crash Kills 17 People (Photo) / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.