Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,927 members, 7,866,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (564276 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
If that's the case I accept I was wrong then.

One in a zillion time.

You try
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Orisha relates to divine. Yes.

Organisation is an established organisation.
Lol. So how is his definition and description of Orisha escape the term Religion?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Lol Folykaze the advocate of macof Lmao cheesy
Maybe he's an Orisha and you're an Aborisha..his mouth grin

I disagree with the guy on some issue. But here, he is speaking with facts. Only that Rey is twisting his words because he is absent
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

One in a zillion time.

You try
Says a man who's willing to defend that a thing that looks and acts like a thing is not the thing.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

I disagree with the guy on some issue. But here, he is speaking with facts. Only that Rey is twisting his words because he is absent
How am I twisting it? Didn't he accept that Orisha relates to the divine? Didn't he say Orisha is a belief? But then I have to agree that even though his answers match religion it is not Religion. Is this the Logic of the ATR?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
A very poor advocate at that. How can anyone defend that contradiction? For some reasons some people in Religion Section love the words 'win an argument' . The reason I had to choose my opponents carefully. Just look at what somebody is trying to defend.

It's like catching the characters of humans in MR NIGER D and go ahead to claim that a creature that you already screened through the parameters is still not a human being. His got every quality in your MR NIGER D but because you insist he's not human we should accept he's not human.
That's the sad thing, that's why I talked about an argument in the morning.
Well from what I have seen, I believe the problem is English. Oyibos are just wicked by bringing a difficult language to us grin Well because they feel they are smart, we gonna interpret it anyhow we like cool
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Well from what I have seen, I believe the problem is English. Oyibos are just wicked by bringing a difficult language to us grin Well because they feel they are smart, we gonna interpret it anyhow we like cool
This is just plainly illogical.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Lol! Speaking with facts or misconstruing words?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
Nonsense. Your problem is English Language. It's not in your place to call dogma a belief and not vice versa but the position of English Grammar.

If he accepts that a Dogma is a belief and defines religion as a set or institution of dogmas and he Also concludes it by saying it relates to the divine, when he accepts Orisha relates to the divine, how then does it not fit into the definition of a Religion?

Do you understand what you are defending at all or you just feel you owe your brother in ATR the position of an ally?

English is not like mathematics where x=y is same as y=z.

Can you tell us how belief equals dogma?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah..though I understand what he meant it's because of how we started yesterday and macof doesn't like those terms.

If babalawos worship idols and an idol is an element of worship in a religion then I believe we have actually arrived at a conclusion cool Not so??

I can see someone making sense. Wish Rey can learn how to argue from you.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Lol! Speaking with facts or misconstruing words?

facts
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
How am I twisting it? Didn't he accept that Orisha relates to the divine? Didn't he say Orisha is a belief? But then I have to agree that even though his answers match religion it is not Religion. Is this the Logic of the ATR?

He didnt say belief is a dogma. What he said is that dogma is a belief.

He didnt say Orisha is an institution.

Keep the lies coming
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
Says a man who's willing to defend that a thing that looks and acts like a thing is not the thing.

May the Gods help me through
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

facts
Okay grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by macof(m): 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I don't know if this argument is peculiar to proponents of ATR. Waiting for Macof to tell me that a belief is not a dogma.

stop trying to Insult me. you have never been exposed to ATR, you don't even have one traditionalist you can inquire from

I've told you before and I'll say it again... emboldened this time

BELIEF IS NOT DOGMA, A DOGMA IS A BELIEF if you can't understand this then you have cognitive problems
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. So how is his definition and description of Orisha escape the term Religion?

Orisha is not an institution set aside with rules, code, ethics, doctrine and dogma.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Orisha is not an institution set aside with rules, code, ethics, doctrine and dogma.

Yeah we agree that it's not an institution as you have explained what it means and have also attested that Aborishas are religious. [because orisha is an element of worship in a religion]

So the trend now is, dogma is a belief and belief not a dogma discuss? Lol.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah we agree that it's not an institution as you have explained what it means and have also attested that Aborishas are religious. [because orisha is an element of worship in a religion]

You agree that it is not an institution but thinks any act of worship is a religion.

Can you pls define spirituality? And pls extend the ground with the differences between spirituality and religion. Let see how you will dig this out.

dblackninja:

So the trend now is, dogma is a belief and belief not a dogma discuss? Lol.

leave that to mac and rey. They will sort it.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

You agree that it is not an institution but thinks any act of worship is a religion.

Can you pls define spirituality? And pls extend the ground with the differences between spirituality and religion. Let see how you will dig this out.

You guys too like this orisha cheesy Maybe one of you can produce a video of the worship and send to us. Would love to see it. You really want to exempt it from religion..okay it's other idol worshippers that are religious if am to hold you to your statement.
Anyway spirituality can be said to be appreciation for religious values grin

leave that to mac and rey. They will sort it.
K. Hope you won't play [devil's] advocate anymore lol.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

You guys too like this orisha cheesy Maybe one of you can produce a video of the worship and send to us. Would love to see it. You really want to exempt it from religion..okay it's other idol worshippers that are religious if am to hold you to your statement.
Anyway spirituality can be said to be appreciation for religious values grin

Can you put reference to your definition or you just feel like cooking things up here?

dblackninja:

K. Hope you won't play [devil's] advocate anymore lol.

Charge Rey to stop lying around.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Can you put reference to your definition or you just feel like cooking things up here?

Hahaha I expected this that's why I was laughing after presenting that definition. Well sprituality has no single, widely agreed definition. It connotes a lot of things. Advanced OLD defines it as:

spirituality noun
BrE /ˌspɪrɪtʃuˈæləti/ ; NAmE /ˌspɪrɪtʃuˈæləti/ [uncountable]
the quality of being concerned with religion or the human spirit. http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/spirituality

For my own definition, check the image below wink

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Hahaha I expected this that's why I was laughing after presenting that definition. Well sprituality has no single, widely agreed definition. It connotes a lot of things. Advanced OLD defines it as:

spirituality noun
BrE /ˌspɪrɪtʃuˈæləti/ ; NAmE /ˌspɪrɪtʃuˈæləti/ [uncountable]
the quality of being concerned with religion or the human spirit. http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/spirituality

For my own definition, check the image below wink

Religion adopt some form of spirituality. But spirituality in it purest form have nothing to do with religion.

So come clean and stop looking for non reliable onlice dico for definitions that suit your agenda.

What is spirituality?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Religion adopt some form of spirituality. But spirituality in it purest form have nothing to do with religion.
Who told you that?

So come clean and stop looking for non reliable onlice dico for definitions that suit your agenda.

What is spirituality?
Is Advanced Oxford Learner's Dictionary not reliable?
What of mine that I snapped? Not reliable also?
Spirituality means: appreciation for religious values.
You can also give your own definition and source grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Who told you that?

Gulder contain water but water is not samething as Gulder. Copy that?

dblackninja:

Is Advanced Oxford Learner's Dictionary not reliable?
What of mine that I snapped? Not reliable also?
Spirituality means: appreciation for religious values.
You can also give your own definition and source grin

Chai.

This is the reason I dont buy definitions from the dictionary. It is usually one sided and do not capture entirely the real picture.

Let me help you to some lenght. There are some folks who are spiritual but not religious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_but_not_religious . Can you tell us how your definition applies to someone that is not religious or belong to any religion?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Gulder contain water but water is not samething as Gulder. Copy that?
Of course I know that but it doesn't yet answer your claim.

Chai.

This is the reason I dont buy definitions from the dictionary. It is usually one sided and do not capture entirely the real picture.

Let me help you to some lenght. There are some folks who are spiritual but not religious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_but_not_religious . Can you tell us how your definition applies to someone that is not religious or belong to any religion?
You know it's a foreign word and the dictionary helps us to understand foreign words.

You haven't helped me yet. I asked for your own definition of spirituality and your source grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Of course I know that but it doesn't yet answer your claim.

Religion contain some form of spirituality but spirituality in it purity has nothing to do with religion.

Let me bring Zen Buddhist here. They are not religious. They dont believe in God or supernaturals. They dont congregage to worship any deity. But they are spiritual.

dblackninja:

You know it's a foreign word and the dictionary helps us to understand foreign words.

You haven't helped me yet. I asked for your own definition of spirituality and your source grin

Stop evading my question.

You are convinced with your sourced definition that spirituality is rope with religion. And I am asking you to apply your sourced definition with people who are spiritual but not religious. How does your definition applies to Zen Buddhist who does not practice religion but are more spiritual.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Religion contain some form of spirituality but spirituality in it purity has nothing to do with religion.

Let me bring Zen Buddhist here. They are not religious. They dont believe in God or supernaturals. They dont congregage to worship any deity. But they are spiritual.
You're still dancing around the same statement without telling me how you came to that conclusion.

Stop evading my question.

You are convinced with your sourced definition that spirituality is rope with religion. And I am asking you to apply your sourced definition with people who are spiritual but not religious. How does your definition applies to Zen Buddhist who does not practice religion but are more spiritual.

Am not evading your question because I know I asked you a question first. I have defined religion..have give the sources (pictorial and link). I asked you for your own definition and source...the 3rd time now embarassed
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

You're still dancing around the same statement without telling me how you came to that conclusion.

What path to my conclusion are you looking out for? Aint people spiritual without being religious? That tells you there is fence between religion and spirituality.

Now that I am asking because you seem confused, tell us what you think spirituality is.

And if that piety crap you sourced out is what you think is right, apply it to a state of being spiritual but not religious.

dblackninja:

Am not evading your question because I know I asked you a question first. I have defined religion..have give the sources (pictorial and link). I asked you for your own definition and source...the 3rd time now embarassed

Heaven help those who help themselves.

Pls help by trying to align or apply your sourced definition with people who are "spiritual but not religious".

I have made example using Zen buddhists who do not believe in God, supernatural or any divine being controlling power and are in no way religious but are very SPIRITUAL.

If you define religion as a believe in god or group of god (this is even wrong as it is definition for theism),

and define spirituality as the appreciation of religion value,

what then is the correlation between the Zen buddhists and the definition you have there?

Zen buddhists do not believe in god or group of gods.

Zen buddhist then can be regard as non religious.

Zen buddhist are rich in spirituality.

But your definition of spirituality does not apply to them.

So dear, you can either apply your definition with Zens spirituality or try to cover the larger picture in a new definition.

Where are you turning to?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

What path to my conclusion are you looking out for? Aint people spiritual without being religious? That tells you there is fence between religion and spirituality.

Now that I am asking because you seem confused, tell us what you think spirituality is.

And if that piety crap you sourced out is what you think is right, apply it to a state of being spiritual but not religious.
Of course a simple definition will suffice so that I can see how you came about that statement. Leave the fact that I demarcated the post. Am actually asking the same thing in both of them.

Heaven help those who help themselves.

Pls help by trying to align or apply your sourced definition with people who are "spiritual but not religious".

I have made example using Zen buddhists who do not believe in God, supernatural or any divine being controlling power and are in no way religious but are very SPIRITUAL.

So dear, you can either apply your definition with Zens spirituality or try to cover the larger picture in a new definition.

Where are you turning to?
You know before this can become healthy, we have to establish some bases first. I have given my definition of spirituality with the sources which you outrightly rejected, yet failed to give yours..isn't that awkward?

Please give me your own definition even if na ojukokoro one and you're the endtime authority, just write am send. Even if you wanna use pen, just write am down snap and send.
From there we can actually know how you wanna link or unlink spirituality from religion.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

Of course a simple definition will suffice so that I can see how you came about that statement. Leave the fact that I demarcated the post. Am actually asking the same thing in both of them.

You know before this can become healthy, we have to establish some bases first. I have given my definition of spirituality with the sources which you outrightly rejected, yet failed to give yours..isn't that awkward?

Please give me your own definition even if na ojukokoro one and you're the endtime authority, just write am send. Even if you wanna use pen, just write am down snap and send.
From there we can actually know how you wanna link or unlink spirituality from religion.

chai. What has my definition got to do here? We are still analyzing your sourced definition.

So you cant link your sourced spirituality definition to Zen buddhism?

If you define spirituality as appreciation of religion value; and Zen Buddhists who are not religious but more spiritual have no foot in your "defined spirituality", isnt that enough to accept that your definition is inaccurate and should be thrown into trash bin?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

chai. What has my definition got to do here? We are still analyzing your sourced definition.

So you cant link your sourced spirituality definition to Zen buddhism?

If you define spirituality as appreciation of religion value; and Zen Buddhists who are not religious but more spiritual have no foot in your "defined spirituality", isnt that enough to accept that your definition is inaccurate and should be thrown into trash bin?
Mmmm *nodes* okay grin
Well I asked of yours because you rejected or are you telling me in another sense that you have accepted it?

You've been pushing down Zen Buddhists down my throat, how sure are you that I've even heard the word, or knew what they practice? How did you arrive at the point that they are not religious but spiritual??
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by macof(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
dblackninja:

then you should improve your knowledge of the lexicon of the English language. try getting the etymology of the words you are trying to understand as well as the way it was used by the native speakers of the language the word comes from

I've noticed you have a problem with English, you are a novice in philosophy as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.