Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. (12683 Views)

Calling On All Script Writers!!!submit A Short Script For A Chance To Win N1m!! / Do You Want To Earn Btw N80-N130k Per Movie Script Here In 9ja? Then Read This! / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Calismart(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Deiok:
Bro. Christaing scripts are not suppose to be sold, expecially stage play. Cause it use as a means of spreading the gospel and ministering to people.
u make me laugh.so christian writers should starve abi?
Wether action,love or religious,its a script and is supposed to be sold.

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2015
Wow. Am back. Had to work. Hard work? Anybody here has a question on scriptwriting? Izreali, sorry I got ur post today. Do u still need a scriptwriter? I know a few good ones.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by boyo123(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2016
VillageBoi:

Hello people.

The first thing you said is the answer - THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!

On the scene headings I disagree - Both the Nollywood & Hollywood headings would be written as -

EXT. MAZI OKONKWO'S COMPOUND - DAY

Unless it is ABSOLUTELY crucial to the scene no one will write in the exact time - no one. In fact I can't even think of an instance where it would even be crucial. There are only TWO acceptable times in a scene heading - DAY & NIGHT. No matter what time a scene takes place all that is evident on screen is whether it is day or night.

However, the times of DAY can be written as -

EXT. - MORNING TEXAS LANDSCAPE - SUNRISE
(As in the screenplay for Django)

That is a 'modifier' and is used to make the 'time' a bit more specific. Additional ones can be DUSK, DAWN, LATER, AFTERNOON, EVENING, EARLY EVENING - even the year for example; if you are writing a film that has time travel - just to make it more specific

There possibly might be such in 'BACK TO THE FUTURE' (sorry I dont have that script at the moment) but I can imagine different scenes of the same location to be something like -

EXT. RAILWAY STATION, 1856 - DAY

or

EXT. RAILWAY STATION, 1985 - DUSK

Why would they possibly do that? In order to aid the production - each of those scenes would have a very, very different set dressing ( a pre-prod topic for a different day).

Also a new scene can start exactly where the previous scene ended and it doesn't even have to be written as a 'proper' scene heading. For example (taken from the script LOOPER) -

Old Joe is on top of him, with a heavy blow knocking the gun aside, and with an even heavier one swinging down on Joe’s head, a fist and then
THE CORN FIELD, HOURS LATER
Joe wakes. Blood caked on his face. Headphones beside him, still squawking French lessons. Sits up.

From the above sample; time has passed so it really is new scene BUT it is also a continuation.

To all newbie writers - the thing is something Skillet said before is absolutely correct -

He basically means to be able to 'break' the rules you have to actually 'know' the rules.

Additionally, in the defence of Skillet - things change all the time. Scriptwriting does evolve and there may be a time when writing in the 'clock time' ie 5.32pm was acceptable... but definitely not today.

However, if you want to write it in your headings - you are free to, no one will kill you for it. Normally if the audience has to know the time as it is super crucial to the story then it is put in the description - you INSERT a clock or watch that shows the time or in the DIALOGUE - an actor says it.

Far too much writing in a 'scene heading' makes it harder to READ. Script readers scim and skip a lot. In fact you guys should read the script for LOOPER - In so many scenes they didn't even bother with DAY or NIGHT just -

INT. JOE'S APARTMENT
INT. WAITING ROOM
INT. BORDELLO ENTRANCE
EXT. CORN FIELD

I'm thinking they did that to make the reading faster - no idea. My theory is if they wrote DAY four pages back then assume everything remains DAY until you hit the next 'time change' in another scene heading. Totally weird but I guess that's what they did.

are you a script writer? please take a look at my write ups

https://www.nairaland.com/2649223/one-night-stand

https://www.nairaland.com/2679136/bbw-big-bold-woman-short

i still have more stories that are not here on nairaland.

thanks will be expecting your reply

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by glo3nity: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello tough guys.., greetings. Please with all due respect I will like to know how do one come up with good script writting.

Please glance through my story titled 'TEARS OF A GROWN MAN' and tell me what it is missing as I wish for it to serve as movie script!

...and what is the chance it can be bought instantly..?

God bless as you oblige me.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by delavieri: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
hello guys. pls what is the essence of having the screenwriters guild if it's not fighting for writers in nollywood?
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by darkid1(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2017
megajay1:
well, let me introduce myself. I am j_henry, I will call myself a newbie on the platform as a movie script writer. I my genre is war and action.

May I have your contact please...for a job...would also like any recomendations for a professional script writer that majors in Action and war of course...quite urgent...thanks.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 10, 2017
hello
am michael. I write stories for blogs ( erotic stories ) I am currently writing a movie script , although I am done with a part of it. I can tell stories about real love, military and let's say an action stuff. I can sample my work here
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by nigeriantalent: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
NigerianTalent.com Partnerships Presents…

ARE YOU AN UPCOMING SCRIPTWRITER? WE NEED YOUR SCRIPTS!

Do you have a great movie script that you’ve not been able to sell or produce and is just there gathering dust?

Why not partner with NigerianTalent.com in our new mass movie project: “100 Scripts to Film

In this project, we want to create 100 simple, low budget productions comprising of Long and short movies, serials and skits ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hrs in length. The goal is to support upcoming scriptwriters to gain fame and exposure for their work.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
We are not offering to buy the scripts. This is a collaboration where you provide the script and we provide the equipment and expertise to turn it into a movie and also the online promotion and distribution of the finished work. If you are looking to sell your script please don’t contact us.

WHAT WE OFFER:
We have Production Equipment (Cameras, sound, light, locations, crew) and we want to partner with upcoming scriptwriters who are looking for a way to get their ideas on video and online.

We have a large online distribution network that can give you a lot of exposure and popularity.
You will get full credits as the scriptwriter and we will promote you on our platforms

CRITERIA and TERMS:

- We will not pay you but will provide the production equipment, expertise and promotion
- Scripts should be interesting, emotional and dramatic or suspenseful and preferrably follow a 3 act or 7-point structure (see links under Tips below).
- Short scripts of 30 minutes or less are preferred
- Serials with episodes 20 minutes or less are okay
- The Scripts should be your original creation
- Scripts should be very low budget or cost nothing extra to produce
- Scripts should have few characters, few props and little or no special effects
- Scripts should be family friendly meaning no much sexual content, strong language, violence or illegal drugs

NOTE: If you will like to be a part of the production You should be prepared to travel to Benin City for production (you are responsible for your transport accommodation and feeding)

TIPS
See the following links for some tips on how to write the kind of scripts we prefer:
https://www.keepwriting.com/tsc/magnificent7plotpoints.htm
http://www.critiquecircle.com/blog.asp?blogID=280

And a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcmiqQ9NpPE&list=PLC430F6A783A88697

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT

If you are interested in our offer and would wish to partner with us on this 100 Scripts to Film project, please send us the first five pages of your script together with the following via a message on our facebook page here: http://facebook.com/nigeriantalent/ :

Your name:
Your phone number:
Your location:
Summary of your script story:
First five pages of your script:

Send us the first five pages of your script together with the above info via a message on our facebook page here: http://facebook.com/nigeriantalent/ :

NOTE: We are not offering to pay you. Our part of the partnership will be to provide production equipment and handle the production and online promotion while your part will be to provide the script

Signed,
Martha Alile,
Asst Co-ordinator,
NigerianTalent.com 100 Scripts to Film Project
http://nigeriantalent.com
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by badohemmy(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
Check out this comic drama on love and Destiny... A Date With FATE - https://www.nairaland.com/4176788/date-fate-comic-drama-series
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2019
A movie house needs scripts writers to work with and good scripts to buy ...if u meet any of these criteria please email me at edwardotp3@gmail.com
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by papaking1(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2019
Script Writer wanted.

Contact in signature.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
My name is Jessy... Jessica Duru. And I'm really looking forward to writing a script one day. One based on romance, and horror, too. But the problem is I don't have a sponsor and I'd really need one.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by laurenwhite(f): 2:16am On May 08, 2021
@ papaking1

Sir, I have a script for sale titled 'Staying Married'

My email address is vivianhenry420@gmail.com

Looking forward to a favourable reply from you.

Thanks.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by iamfertile(f): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hi everyone. I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm Jenny. I have some scripts I want to sell tittle insatiable soul, Agony of a single father.
If interested kindly email me @ jennifer.tosin28@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Simplysussy(f): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Is anybody hiring a storyteller?
Chat up, I write stories.
08101828226 WhatsApp only
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by shaiguy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
I am looking to hire a writer for my first movie.
Full length feature film, minimal cast and minimal locations. Very strong on drama, suspense and dialogue. For emphasis... Very strong on dialogue.
I would like an initial zoom meet to discuss the project which i plan to shoot in H2
I am looking for someone who has experience in the space and potentially has movies that are already live.. But this is not a deal breaker, please reach out if you can deliver a strong script.

I have a general idea of what I want but I need a writer to give it life. �

Please shoot me a mail 24novamovies at g mail dotcom lets chat.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by laurenwhite(f): 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
shaiguy sir, i have a strong script for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wallahi-sam!!! / The 13 Best Horror Books To Relax Your Mind / My First Car!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.