Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training (6980 Views)

Abayomi Olonisakin Storm Germany For Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by tzetzefly(m): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola has admonished 20 youths sponsored by the state to Germany on a special agricultural training to remain focused there and ensure that they justify the investment of the state as the trip cost over 64 million naira.

Aregbesola gave the admonition during a send-off ceremony for the 20 youths being sponsored to Germany for advanced training in agriculture and food production technology in State of Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.

He explained that his administration's commitment to making agriculture more modern is one of the major reasons for sending them to Germany. He said this will increase food productions for local consumption as well as exportation.

The governor noted that the training is in continuation of his government’s drive to revolutionize agriculture in the state under the Osun Rural Enterprise and Agriculture Programme (O’REAP).

He said the administration is providing the necessary infrastructure and supports for farmers by supplying them with inputs such as improved seedlings, fertilizers and fumigants among others; giving them hundreds of thousands of hectares of already prepared farmlands.

He added that his government is liaising with reputable local and international partners–such as the Institute for Agricultural Research and Training (IAR&T), and International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), at Ibadan for assistance in the area of technical knowledge which will boost production and make farming easier, more interesting and more profitable. He said it is necessary to add value to agricultural practice by applying advanced knowledge in science and technology.

"We have adopted a multipronged approach to achieving this objective. On one hand, we are providing the necessary infrastructure and supporting our farmers with inputs.

"This requires supplying them with inputs such as improved seedlings, fertilizers and fumigants among others; reviving the old farm settlements that were the hub of the agricultural miracles of the Obafemi Awolowo era; opening up our rural areas by an aggressive campaign of road construction and rehabilitation to facilitate easy
accessibility and movement of goods from farms to markets; and the linking of farm produce from Osun to the huge market in Lagos via the Lagos-Osun Rail Logistics System," Aregbesola said.

www.dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3980-osun-sponsors-20-youths-to-germany-for-n64m

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2013
That's cool.. Someone thinks of giving some Nigerian youths a bright future... FG pls my sister must not grow grey hairs before she graduates...I believe She's working on somethings else as well as YOU.

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2013
My mentor Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is working!
Everything under his Government is working!
May God bless my mentor, GEJ!

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by wellmax(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2013
Aregbesola ooo, ku ise. Omoouabi tokan tokan

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by moscobabs(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2013
24 Local Govt...20 youth.deceive una sef
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Billygee2u: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
That's a good one
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by yahrant140(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
One of the best governors on my list so far!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by datmix(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
Nice>>> 1st to comment hhehe
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by moscobabs(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
moscobabs: 24 Local Govt...20 youths.deceive una sef
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Ghydyon(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2013
why go 2 germany wen we have a lot of farmland here?.who are d youth?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by wellmax(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2013
moscobabs: 24 Local Govt...20 youth.deceive una sef
Haters keep hating. Not everything is to be done with zoning, Federal/state character mentality. Select the best, train them.

7 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by IYANGBALI: 10:20am On Aug 27, 2013
must they travel to Germany before they know how to farm in Nigeria?mtcheeeeeeeeeew

5 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by yahrant140(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2013
bbpreye.:

better go get life for yourself rather than ranting for someone else!

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by free2ryhme: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2013
my question remains

why cant they bring this training to Nigeria instead of them wasting funds training these guys abroad

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2013
bbpreye.:

Simply say you're looking for someone to break your head.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by takeprofit: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2013
what happened to the professors of agriculture in osun state university?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by saintkola(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2013
Waste of Public funds.. The training could have been done in Nigeria abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by otijah(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2013
if i was them i wont go cause they will abandon you people there oooooooooooooo. A word is enough for the students
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nuvally: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2013
Nice one. Let's invest more on agriculture.

And for those asking why did training cannot be done here......A developing country is a developing country, and a Developed country is litrally a developed country. You can't compare the both.

Even topics wey no dey controversial dey hype insults.
Ignorance is deadlier than Boko haram.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2013
That money would have been used to train 50,000 graduates here in Nigeria. we do not need anybody to teach us anything in Agriculture. this is just a waste of money.

we have been the best in agriculture, WHY DO WE NEED THE WHITEMEN TO TEACH US OUR WORK embarassed

[img]http://www.epicski.com/content/type/61/id/95645/width/413/height/413[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by saintkola(m): 10:32am On Aug 27, 2013
Nuvally: Nice one. Let's invest more on agriculture.

And for those asking why did training cannot be done here......A developing country is a developing country, and a Developed country is litrally a developed country. You can't compare the both.

Even topics wey no dey controversial dey hype insults.
Ignorance is deadlier than Boko haram.

You haven't made a lick of sense!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 27, 2013
Aregbesola gave the admonition during a send-off ceremony for the 20 youths being sponsored to Germany for advanced training in agriculture and food production technology in State of Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.

For the benefit of those who question the need to send them abroad, it appears that the training will require hands-on use of advanced machinery and equipment. Now the question is: Is it more cost-effective to transport all of these equipment to Nigeria for training purposes? (Factor in the cost of transport, insurance, freight and import duties).

When we answer that question, then we can arrive at a reasonable conclusion.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Eneze1(f): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
Johnpaul2k2: That money would have been used to train 50,000 graduates here in Nigeria. we do not need anybody to teach us anything in Agriculture. this is just a waste of money.

we have been the best in agriculture, WHY DO WE NEED THE WHITEMEN TO TEACH US OUR WORK embarassed

best in agriculture indeed, why can't some people see good in anything others do?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by sage2(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
What is wrong in setting up a center here(in Osun), where not only these 20 youths, but so many others too, could be trained? It is a good thing. But is this the best and the most cost effective way of doing it? We are so used to bad governance that mediocrity now passed as good governance.
I realized that Nigerians fall cheap scams and propaganda. All you need to do is give them the illusion of performance(The APC guys knows how to do it) and they will never question the cost.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by nerodenero: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2013
He said it is necessary to add value to agricultural practice by applying advanced knowledge in science and technology
The reason given for sending 20 people to Germany.

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2013
Op,please rephrase the title to Osun sent 20 politicians,and their cronies to Germany for holiday.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by IYANGBALI: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Johnpaul2k2: That money would have been used to train 50,000 graduates here in Nigeria. we do not need anybody to teach us anything in Agriculture. this is just a waste of money.

no mind them,some people would come here and start defending poooh
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2013
.....I tot he's your Jesus Christ on earth grin
bbpreye.:

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by akereconfi: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2013
That Governor dey Learn work.....make him come Rivers State come see Oversea scholarship....RSSDA...even non indigenes benefit also.........as am posting this comment....am wf my sis @ rssda office in ph...she os going to Kentucky US.....Brescia Uni. 310 will travel out this year. And the scholarship is every year
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jogsman01(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2013
wellmax: Aregbesola ooo, ku ise. Omoouabi tokan tokan

just dey bobo ursef.....
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jayone15(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2013
Why are our people like this for christ sake.....
Instead of you to commend him,some of you are still complaining...its now obvious that no matter how a person tries to satisfy,some pple will still hate and they can do nothing...
The germany trip is for them to learn new scientifi methods of farming and then come back to apply it to The State Of Osun..
And some pple r stl saying nonsense.....i knw u r just jealous of those youths..i'm very sure all d people complaining here hv neva moved out of dis country,so they r beefing those youths....
You better look for a life,...i knw if they should give you the opportunity to go to ghana,u wl b thrilled..mtcheew...
This man is giving our youths exposure...education..
You think you have farms here??...i laff...beta go to Europe to know what a farm really is!

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Brimmie(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2013
Omisore and the PDP Goons don't even know what to use to campagne against Ogbeni Rauf.

Education.. E Dey Work!!
Beautification.. E Dey Work!!
Job Creation.. Na Helele.. E Dey Work!!
Roads.. Na A1
Security.. E Dey Try!!
Agriculture.. Second To None!!

Aregbe2014!! Am Sure He's Gon' Have 90% Of Osun Votes.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Pics Of A Prison In Norway Where Prisoners Live Like Kings. / VIDEO: Oba Of Lagos Drowning Igbos In The Lagoon / Re: Igbo Group Seeks Appointive Positions In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.