Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training (6995 Views)

Abayomi Olonisakin Storm Germany For Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2013
Trust NLers, turning logic the other way round. Ok let's see....Like all the Heavy Duty machineries, relocate their green houses, import 5-6 facilitators, relocate their ranches, waste converters, Relocate the dairy setup and machinery, replicate the end-2-end supply chain channel....infact Aregbesola should just relocate the whole State of Saxony-Anhalt to Osun to make it cheaper..
free2ryhme: my question remains

why cant they bring this training to Nigeria instead of them wasting funds training these guys abroad

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jayone15(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2013
Bro,are u an illiterate?...
How can you compare an oil producing state with a state that has the lowest income in naija?...
Can u afford what dangote can afford??...you shld see the difference!
akereconfi: That Governor dey Learn work.....make him come Rivers State come see Oversea scholarship....RSSDA...even non indigenes benefit also.........as am posting this comment....am wf my sis @ rssda office in ph...she os going to Kentucky US.....Brescia Uni. 310 will travel out this year. And the scholarship is every year
haeheheh...hapy 4 u..mtcheew..
So that we wl know ur sista is going to u.s....mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2013
Academic competence is way different from practical and technical completence....Haba!!!
takeprofit: what happened to the professors of agriculture in osun state university?

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by aspabay(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2013
moscobabs: 24 Local Govt...20 youth.deceive una sef

You must have gotten internet access becoause it was the turn of your Local Government. Shior!

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by paj4love: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2013
why not develop our own tech. I tought they have profs in every compound in the state and Uni-ife is there too. Na wa for him ooooooo
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2013
Ghydyon: ....who are d youth?
Do you have transport fare? take a bus to Osun so that you can ascertain their identity........mscccchhhhheeeewwww

2 Likes

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:55am On Aug 27, 2013
Osun people... Pls let swap mimiko and Aregbesola. I promise to give you share from oluwa glass.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2013
@ paj4love,

1. It's Ekiti state that has Prof in virtually every compound....
2. Why not develop our own tech? What's wrong in technology transfer? Besides if OAU has the know-how, why has it not impacted on our Agric? Has the Minister of Agric gone to OAU for technology adoption and implementation?

you pps shld keep all the daft excuse coming......
paj4love: why not develop our own tech. I tought they have profs in every compound in the state and Uni-ife is there too. Na wa for him ooooooo
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by thehomer: 10:58am On Aug 27, 2013
Aren't there universities of agriculture in Nigeria? Or is this an implicit admission that the universities don't work?
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by TeeiWi(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2013
What rubbish Are they goin to practice the skill they learn over there in Germany Or is German soil and Agric-related conditions the same as Naija own Money wasting...
The shud bring the experts here, train the youths here based on the conditions here... This is better than sending them outside ,"a cloud intention" to favour some particular set of people! And money wasting strategies!!!

Kip the thread alive and see what comes out of them when they return. That's if they eva come bak!
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Gbawe: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2013
jayone15: Why are our people like this for christ sake.....
Instead of you to commend him,some of you are still complaining...its now obvious that no matter how a person tries to satisfy,some pple will still hate and they can do nothing...
The germany trip is for them to learn new scientifi methods of farming and then come back to apply it to The State Of Osun..
And some pple r stl saying nonsense.....i knw u r just jealous of those youths..i'm very sure all d people complaining here hv neva moved out of dis country,so they r beefing those youths....
You better look for a life,...i knw if they should give you the opportunity to go to ghana,u wl b thrilled..mtcheew...
This man is giving our youths exposure...education..
You think you have farms here??...i laff...beta go to Europe to know what a farm really is!

Thank you. This is the only thing Nairaland now shows the world i.e the notion that Nigerians are an arrogant people who have made nothing special or exemplary of their own nation yet lack the humility to admit they can learn from others. I had to laugh when someone asked why these students were being sent abroad instead of remaining in Nigeria. The part in bold in your post is actually very understated as per the gazillion mile difference between the farming process in Nigeria and Germany. A wise man is never ashamed to learn from others who know more than he does.

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jayone15(m): 11:16am On Aug 27, 2013
Ekiti doesnt have as much as ondo.....
mapet: @ paj4love,

1. It's Ekiti state that has Prof in virtually every compound....
2. Why not develop our own tech? What's wrong in technology transfer? Besides if OAU has the know-how, why has it not impacted on our Agric? Has the Minister of Agric gone to OAU for technology adoption and implementation?

you pps shld keep all the daft excuse coming......
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by alakara(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2013
moscobabs: 24 Local Govt...20 youth.deceive una sef
30 local govt and an area office in modakeke nt 24 Local Govt
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jmaine: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2013
I find the excessive celebration here very astonishing undecided .
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2013
Ghydyon: why go 2 germany wen we have a lot of farmland here?.who are d youth?

Why do people study abroad when we have so many universities here? cheesy

Think!

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by ajanaku2(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2013
This Man, Aregbeshola is the "Awo" of our time...

Haters, keep hating!

...good to know he's an Ijesha Man...Proudly Ijesha!

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jmaine: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2013
smoosh15: That's cool.. Someone thinks of giving some Nigerian youths a bright future... FG pls my sister must not grow grey hairs before she graduates...I believe She's working on somethings else as well as YOU.

Ever heard of the strictly merit based YOUWIN Program sponsored by the FG .

Inform your sis to start preparing a robust business proposal to enable her win a grant to fulfill her dreams.

Now back to the thread . . .
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by yemmit90: 11:31am On Aug 27, 2013
Ghydyon: why go 2 germany wen we have a lot of farmland here?.who are d youth?

May God bless you man!

This is absolute waste of public fund. Nigeria need to restructure her political system.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2013
Not really, but is a glaring admission of a clear gap in our capacity development to address the deficit agricultural development and value delivery. Implicit Admission that Universities don't work may be not. I think it is imperative on the universities to utilize the research funds to pursue programs comensurate with the development inline with their academic aspirations........

But I think we are getting something wrong here. I think the University and OREAP are different entities with different value offerings. The University may not be equiped to deliver the full offerings of practical learnings as might be obtainable from the institution OREAP rep are going
thehomer: Aren't there universities of agriculture in Nigeria? Or is this an implicit admission that the universities don't work?
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Remember Akintola's word

".....ikan "N badiwe"(Mbadiwe)..ikan "aisiki Iwe" (Azikwe)..ti e ba di iwe, awon omo Ekiti o ka yin"grin grin
jayone15: Ekiti doesnt have as much as ondo.....

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Cleanman(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. This is the only thing Nairaland now shows the world i.e the notion that Nigerians are an arrogant people who have made nothing special or exemplary of their own nation yet lack the humility to admit they can learn from others. I had to laugh when someone asked why these students were being sent abroad instead of remaining in Nigeria. The part in bold in your post is actually very understated as per the gazillion mile difference between the farming process in Nigeria and Germany. A wise man is never ashamed to learn from others who know more than he does.
....You simply hit the nail on the head...the rate at which Nigerians beef each is so red even red enough to light a cigarette.....the Governor is so working i just gat no choice but to commend him,he is the only governor that i could say he truly love his people..You work,they complain.You no work,they rant...Maybe Nigeria is truly cursed as they say...maybe!.May God change this our hatred mindset against each other because without unity and love no nation or even the snallest unit of family can progress.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by yemmit90: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2013
ajanaku2: This Man, Aregbeshola is the "Awo" of our time...

Haters, keep hating!

...good to know he's an Ijesha Man...Proudly Ijesha!

Do you know that #64 millions is enough to set of five different cassava processing factories?

The major reason youths will never go into farming is because of their inability to sell the farm products at appropriate time or at standard price.

Keep praising those who are wasting public fund to gain popularity.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Common Sense 101

Examination.. (20 marks)

Cost of sending 20 youths abroad for training = 20,000 Dollars..

Cost of flying 20 German Agric Trainers into Nigeria.. = 40,000 Dollars..

Which is more profitable for the state?!

a. Train 20 Students abroad..

b. Import 20 Trainers to Nigeria to train an entire state..

You have no lifelines remaining..

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 27, 2013
akereconfi: That Governor dey Learn work.....make him come Rivers State come see Oversea scholarship....RSSDA...even non indigenes benefit also.........as am posting this comment....am wf my sis @ rssda office in ph...she os going to Kentucky US.....Brescia Uni. 310 will travel out this year. And the scholarship is every year
Pls find out the monthly federal allocation for both states and compare.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by jayone15(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2013
When they establish cassava processing factories that are of no standard,whats the benefit?
Or even that are of standard,buh we have to employ white men to manage it?
yemmit90:

Do you know that #64 millions is enough to set of five different cassava processing factories?

The major reason youths will never go into farming is because of their inability to sell the farm products at appropriate time or at standard price.

Keep praising those who are wasting public fund to gain popularity.
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Blessmira: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2013
Good one Gov.! More power 2 ur elbow!
Maybe ma Govnor go send him own youth go Malaysia.... cheesycheesy
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by frankyychiji(f): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2013
Nuvally: Nice one. Let's invest more on agriculture.

And for those asking why did training cannot be done here......A developing country is a developing country, and a Developed country is litrally a developed country. You can't compare the both.

Even topics wey no dey controversial dey hype insults.
Ignorance is deadlier than Boko haram.
my friend sharraap ya mouth dia! Who are u deceiving. 20 youth children of their kith n kin! Are they going to germany to learn about nigerian foods. And nigerian soil and weather? Or are they going there to learn about d farm eqiupments? Rubbish!
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by godman01(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
64 million for wetin?
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by Aderupoko2: 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Germans dey farm? Tot they are known for machines. No offeinze
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by IYANGBALI: 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
mapet: Trust NLers, turning logic the other way round. Ok let's see....Like all the Heavy Duty machineries, relocate their green houses, import 5-6 facilitators, relocate their ranches, waste converters, Relocate the dairy setup and machinery, replicate the end-2-end supply chain channel....infact Aregbesola should just relocate the whole State of Saxony-Anhalt to Osun to make it cheaper..
my friend stop defending shiit,are there no agricultural institutions in the country or africa where those people cn be trained?must he waste tax payers money all in the name of training?
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by IYANGBALI: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
frankyychiji: my friend sharraap ya mouth dia! Who are u deceiving. 20 youth children of their kith n kin! Are they going to germany to learn about nigerian foods. And nigerian soil and weather? Or are they going there to learn about d farm eqiupments? Rubbish!
no mind them them,let them be defending shiit,na their future i dey pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The New Senate President Igbo Man / The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo / Landmark Achievements In Nigeria Since 1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.