Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training (6992 Views)

Abayomi Olonisakin Storm Germany For Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by babahjide(m): 2:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Excuse me. will all the machines used for the training brought to Nigeria for use? Is there anyway we can adopt an agricultural system far far more expensive more than we can afford? ds is pure waste of public fund. I am OAU agricultural student n I cannot see y our doctors and professors in agriculture cant professionally handle this, or maybe its a lie!!!!
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by agbameta: 4:17am On Aug 28, 2013
babahjide: Excuse me. will all the machines used for the training brought to Nigeria for use? Is there anyway we can adopt an agricultural system far far more expensive more than we can afford? ds is pure waste of public fund. I am OAU agricultural student n I cannot see y our doctors and professors in agriculture cant professionally handle this, or maybe its a lie!!!!

The fist step in mechanized Agric is training and manpower development, you don't buy equipments you don't know how to use or without any formal training, it's the other way around.

How come OAU including the IITA and all the other so called qualified entities in Nigeria haven't handled this since 1960 and they are now all of a sudden capable because Osun state is taking the bull by the horn and taking care of it's economic security and future in 2013?

Where were the Nigerian Agric experts during Operation feed the Nation and all the other Agric initiatives we've spent billions on with no meaningful results to show?

Regardless of politics and my love for this man as a competent public official, Ogbeni Aregbeshola is a strategic and surgical spender and he spends on nothing with no direct benefit to his state or with no positive end.

We read the same negative BS when the man bought locomotives and rail cars to cater to his and the state's Agric business...while other people's trains are breaking down and unable to move from one part of the country to the other, his trains are doing the same thing with ease, he spent money on his train station with pedestrian bridge.

The point is, the man is not oblivious to the fact that he doesn't have oil in his state, Agric is all he has and his banking his state's future and economic security and survival on Agric so it's not brainner that he's putting in place like a jigsaw puzzle all all the critical infrastructures needed to propel the state's Agric policy like trains and Agruc hub stations, Agric roads, emphasis on Agric in school curriculum, Cargo airport, manpower training in high tech and mechanized Agriculture..

Like I said, the man has a game plan and it's working the game plan like a chess master..

The article below should tell you a thing or two about that man and his Agric commitments

Before I set out for the governorship of Osun, I had made it a primary objective to develop the agricultural potential of the state, to be able to capture just 10 per cent of the food market value in Lagos.
The question is; what have I done along that direction?

Immediately we assumed office here, we declared to the world, including the people of the state, that it will be totally wrong for any entity, be it human, geographical, or any entity at all, to claim existence, particularly independent existence, and still be dependent on others. When a territory depends absolutely on another supervening authority, it’s no longer independent. But why do most of the states in this sort of derogatory relationship, whereby without the hand out from another government (you can say federal or central) most the states cannot survive. Our goal is first of all to ensure that we reverse that ugly trend; we want to be like Lagos that, in the worst case scenario, can still survive on its own. We have looked around; there is no other thing on which we can have such independent existence outside agriculture. After all, close to 60 per cent of our people are into subsistence agriculture. So our primary objective is to help subsistence farmers increase their production through expansion of their farming capacity, improvement of the techniques of farming and assist them to move their goods from wherever they are to railway terminals and from there to Lagos free of charge

Towards this end, we went to Nigerian Railway Corporation to finalise all our agreements to ensure free freights of agricultural produce from Osun, particularly under the central station, to Lagos. And this provision is not limited to produce from Osun; any agricultural produce that gets to Osun, Osogbo particularly, from any part of Nigeria we transport free of charge to Lagos. If your goods are from Sokoto and it gets here, as long as they agricultural produce, we take them for you. Essentially, it’s to motivate our farmers to produce and use that provision of free freights of their produce.

we want to build a huge regional market in Dagbo, a settlement outside Osogbo, very close to the steel rolling mill. There is a small station there, which we have taken over from the Nigerian Railway Corporation. We are redeveloping it to become a huge hub for agricultural produce. There will be processing centres there and it will be a centre for packaging goods and moving them to Lagos. There will be no discrimination on sources of produce. If any farm produce gets to Osogbo, the state government will move such produce free of charge to Lagos. This is the programme and that is what we are pursuing with vigour.

I am still working hard to improve the Osogbo terminal for the passengers. And for that reason my Lagos hub is not fully ready and I am looking at having 57 Osunmites in each of the 57 local government development centres in Lagos, so that these goods, when they hit Lagos, whoever want to get them will get them at Osun prices. Because when you remove freights from the costs it means you will get your agricultural produce at the farm rate prices, and that is the goal.

http://www.beestudents.com/Autos/news/213/How-We-Want-To-End-Poverty-In-Osun--Aregbesola

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by agbameta: 4:19am On Aug 28, 2013
We need competent, focused and dedicated leaders who can put there money and commitment where there mouth his..
Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by mapet: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2013
1. Some of you guys are just ridiculous, jumping to post with little knowledge.
2. It is a known fact that Aregbesola is already partnering with IITA and OAU with the 10,000 Cattle ranch program, enhanced seedlings and tree planting program.
For a start, the ranch, which is being managed by a South African expert in conjunction with IITA and Faculty of Agriculture, Obafemi Awolowo University, has 1,500 cattle sourced locally
http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/10/22/governor-aregbesola-opens-10000-capacity-cattle-ranch-in-osun-state/
3. Aregbesola's government have ressurrected and continued work on the Oyinlola's Administration Songhai program. Osun like some other states like Rivers, Katsina etc
bablogee: dont mind aregbeshola or whatever his name is. What IITA, ARMTI, IARandT, SONGHAI for? Always looking for cheap popularity.

1 Like

Re: Osun Sponsors 20 Youths To Germany For Agricultural Training by akereconfi: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
jayone15: Bro,are u an illiterate?...
How can you compare an oil producing state with a state that has the lowest income in naija?...
Can u afford what dangote can afford??...you shld see the difference!
haeheheh...hapy 4 u..mtcheew..
So that we wl know ur sista is going to u.s....mtcheew!
e dey pain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AMERICA WONDER ; APC Produces A Cyber Cafe Certificate For Buhari. Picture. / Fulani Herdsmen On The Run As Atah Of Igala Invokes Mysterious Thunder (PHOTOS) / Nigeria Must Invade And Conquer South-africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.