Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime (18313 Views)

Countdown To US Military Strike On Syria: Assad’s Chemicals Killed 1,429 Syrians / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Aljazeera English- American War Movies Are Military Propoganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by mankand(m): 4:08am On Sep 05, 2013
Flytefalls:

angry angry Naive?

For you: I do not support war or America. I support coordinated international relief/aid efforts as an 'intervention' for the >4million displaced Syrians who have suffered already. I am talking of food, water, shelter, medicine, restructure funds; basically up-scaling what the UN is already doing. I also inferred (@bolded) that even our humanitarian efforts (as interventions) could result in war in some future place in time- one cannot discount that fact. It was somebody's bright idea to help arm the rebels- we will pay for that. It's best always to stay ph7 neutral to avoid unnecessary future repercussions; but this stance does not bode well to those affected undecided.

We cannot offer security. It is not our place to- this is their civil war. But we can't afford to be seen doing absolutely nothing; which is what many Syrians in the UK are verbalising. Basically what this guy is now saying now that his government have voiced their displeasure at military action: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23942037

Goons so you still read and believe BBC? They are all controlled by the West. The world is bleeped with people like you if you really want to know what is going on in Syria, make friend with people living in Syria.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by AyeeIdris(f): 4:35am On Sep 05, 2013
Americans don't even support the war. They are tired of wars. Their economy is suffering; they are borrowing from China; military spending has been cut; even little things like White house tours has been cut because of budget restraints and their president is thinking of pouring in billions into another war that not only doesn't concern them, but will aid the Al Qeadah, a group that they have been fighting in Afghanistan for over 10 years. Obama, listen to citizens
As for the Syrian government, I don't know if he used the chemical weapons. It makes no sense for him to use it when he was finally winning the war and Obama making a speech months ago about Syria crossing a 'thin red line' if chemical weapons gets involved. And Suddenly it does.common sense dictates that its the party that is likely to benefit from it that would likely use. The phone call allegedly intercepted (which is ironic because a few months ago, there was an outcry about US spying on other countries' phone records and complete silence when Israel does it) is supposedly between a syrain official telling another than Assad made a mistake about the chemicals, which could be doctored to high heavens or mis interpreted. I don't know, but we need solid proof before going to war.
Lastly, rebels are not always right. Rebels doesn't always mean that the vast majority of citizens are not happy with the government. Case in point-Mali. Look at the shithole Libya has become with Warlord controlling different areas. See Iraq. Middle East can't work on a democracy. Its not their custom. If their people want to fight wars, let them settle their shit inhouse. We don't need another World War. Let's not allow all those movies come to pass. I cannot survive in a waste land. There will be no more hair salons.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 05, 2013
thoth:
When a grown man start talking gibberish as you just did that when things get messed up more, that is if people are silly enough to listen to you. You support intervention but not war, you support Giving food aid and relief as intervention...how does that stop the conflict ?

You did not object USA(which i assume is your country) funding the rebels, No the first to be done is not to stop funding the rebels but to give "Aid" which could mean many things. Although Igbo2011 suggest that you might be naive but after reading your reply to that i believe you are just simply wicked.
Don't tell me what I am based on nothing I have said you recycled @$$ wipe.

I am a female UK liberal. I don't believe in war/military as a solution and I have no ties to the USA. So, because I have not denounced the USA arming rebels now means I support them?? STFU! You obviously enjoy jumping between assumptions so let me allow you to pleasure yourself fully by offering no further disclosure on the subject. Laters.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 05, 2013
solomon111: Mscheww.
War-mongering america.
The UN already said the chemical weapons were being used by the rebels,yet america still wants to nuke them.
When i attribute 90% of crisis in the world to america, some people will say i am just being anti-america.

If u r educated, u will know that every country including ur Nigeria signed a chemical/nuclear treaty. Which means, that any country that violates this norm will face military action from the international community.

Illiterates judgement are based on sentiment. America or no America. This is the use of chemical weapon which must be responded accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 05, 2013
mankand:

Goons so you still read and believe BBC? They are all controlled by the West. The world is bleeped with people like you if you really want to know what is going on in Syria, make friend with people living in Syria.
Smh. The UK prime ministers new stance (post-parliamentary vote) happens to be all over British news. Sorry, Al Jeezera or Syrian public opinion didn't pop up first on my Google search for what the UK prime minister plans to do now he can't go to war. Kmt undecided
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by olumosen(m): 5:10am On Sep 05, 2013
Was syria not warned enough not to use chemical weapons? What if it was Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by olumosen(m): 5:11am On Sep 05, 2013
Was syria not warned enough not to use chemical weapons? What if it was Nigeria? I think they should be striked
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by asamaigho(m): 6:11am On Sep 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: I support it100%.

Se you don't want the world to end ni. grin

These are prophecies being fulfilled.

Make America attack, Russia retaliate, everything turn to yam-pepper, scatter, scatter. lol

Seriously, if that happens, we are in for a showdown.

"I see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven..."

Come Lord Jesus! smiley
funny enough syria vs america are not part of endtime revelations,besides your predictions are not logical....
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by asamaigho(m): 6:16am On Sep 05, 2013
War-mongering america.
The UN already said the chemical weapons were being used by the rebels,yet america still wants to nuke them.
When i attribute 90% of crisis in the world to ar-mongering america.
The UN already said the chemical weapons were being used by the rebels,yet america still wants to nuke them. america, some people will say i am just being anti-america.
?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Billygee2u: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2013
Underground:

You did not mention Nigeria,why?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by X111: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2013
I support It 100%...tyranny and dictatorship at dis age and tym...dts rubbish... Assad and his cohorts should be wiped out as a lesson to others...
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Infomizer(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2013
I know not with what weapons
World War III will be fought, but
World War IV will be fought
with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Nuff said
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Youngzedd(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2013
100% in support.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by successking: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2013
I do, since Assad regime has refused to stop shedding innocent blood.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 05, 2013
War-mongering america.
When i attribute 90% of crisis in the world to america, some people will say i am just being anti-america.
My friend do u hv ur own CNN or BBC? were did UN say dat? The UN Chemical investigating unit said Chemical wp,were use from d test they carried out,it tested positive.The quastion here is who use it?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Smooyis(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2013
WE DO NOT NEED WAR. ALL WE NEED IS PEACEFUL INTERVENTION. VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE. AMERICA SHOULD STOP ITS DRUM OF WAR, BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY KNOW THE BEGINING OF WAR, BUT YOU CANT KNOW THE END.
IF THIS CALL IS NOT HEARKEN TO, WE CAN ONLY EXPECT A LONG TIME WORLD WAR 3. ITS NOT ONLY SYRIA THAT WILL SUFFER FOR IT BUT THE WHOLE WORLD THROUGH ECONOMIC CRISIS.
AMERICA BIKO!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Okeikpu(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Americans r doing a great job.... Some of dis arab countries r supposed to be wiped off the earth angry after Syria, Iran is next sad

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by 2scorehigh(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Reading through some of these comments here, I am so glad with the level of awareness conscious peeps are displaying.

The message to the American warmongers is clear: you can fool some people some of the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Pain(m): 8:04am On Sep 05, 2013
Let the Show Begin! Ive been longing for a reality war show. The movies are getting boring! Any Popcorn?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 8:04am On Sep 05, 2013
Billygee2u:

You did not mention Nigeria,why?
When you read some of the comments here on Nairaland you will know why Nigeria is not mentioned in such things, majority of Nigerians does not understand the meaning of Sovereignty, ask them would they want the British to colonize them again and you will see the response you will get...don't be surprised though.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by prince13: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2013
The war is stronly supported. grin
frosbel: We all know that the old boys club are up to it again, oh yeah, same reason - chemical weapons usage by the Syrian regime to destroy thousands of their citizens , this is despite no conclusive evidence and incomplete investigation by the UN.

My take is this, the Americans and their boys are wrong again on this one, just like they were wrong on Libya and Iraq which after the US involvement , are now largely dysfunctional , divided and chaotic countries, thanks to the civilised western involvement.

Anyway, I want to know if you support this aggression from America against Syria or vice versa.

Like if you are against the US bully of A or forever don't like.

Peace.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2013
Fela don talk am sha my people fear to die. I support it (america intervention in syria) Chemical wp,has been used. And it must been Assad regine dat did dat to test their strength. Don't forget North K,Iran and many Country who wish to hv Chemical wp,are all watching this.If america fail to go to war in syria,bett me in next 10 to 15 years this war u are avoiding today will happen in ur door step.In nigeria is already happen.Russian smuggled large number of Amt into nigeria what happen,they released dem due to fear of war agains Russian

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Iran too samething. Maybe by d time North K,finish their own ChemicalWp,they were also smuggled guns into nigeria like others did. I tell u America is only fighting for d poor on this,is nt that they cannot protect their own country but me and u cannot which we know.Let them go to War.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by k2039: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: I support it100%.

Se you don't want the world to end ni. grin

These are prophecies being fulfilled.

Make America attack, Russia retaliate, everything turn to yam-pepper, scatter, scatter. lol

Seriously, if that happens, we are in for a showdown.

"I see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven..."

Come Lord Jesus! smiley
Is that what your bible said.

Let's look at what the scriptures said.

Matthew 24

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death,and you will be hated by all nations because of me.10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,11 and many false prophetswill appear and deceive many people.12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
From the bolded (verses 6 and 14) it's obvious that the end of the world is not dependent on any event, In verse 6, it says the wars are not the sign of the end (the end is still to come), the end of the world is dependent on the gospel of the kingdom (verse 14).

So, stop deceiving yourself, thinking Jesus will come because of a war between Syria and USA. If Christ comes, it has more to do with verse 14 than verse 6 of Matthew 24.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by dollarlander: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2013
frosbel:
You support WAR

This is not the position of the bible and is in direct contrast to the minsitry of Jesus.

God does not encourage warmongering in the body of Christ. We are talking about real lives here that could be lost in the tens of thousands.

"God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

@frosbel, you need to read your bible very well,

Luke 12:49-53 NIV
49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed!
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
53 They will be divided,
father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

if you look at that Jesus prophecy very well, from verse 52, "...there shall be five in one family three against two and two against three.."

consider, critically, the family of world's super power that have permanent seat in UN: America, Britain, France, Russia and China. Why is it that America, Britain and France are always together and Russia and China are always on the opposition. So my sister, prepare yourself for the Lord Jesus, so that anytime he comes and you are ready to meet him, you will be worthy of acceptance.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Sirmuell(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't even know which is easier this days, to sit
and watch as Assad kill more people or to join
forces to put an end to his bloodshed and let
justice prevail? If all I could do to save another
soul from dying is my co operation I'll give it fully
even if it means joining the US army just to bring
an end to Assad's injustice because it could
happen to any country, it is easier for us to
criticize online because we aren't caught in
between gun battle and chemical weapon in
Syria. I believe in justice and I believe in America
through Obama to bring justice. I believe that we
shouldn't even be the ones to decide this vote
because we don't really know what the thousands
of souls killed went through, if this vote
depended on your survival as individual and as a
nation wouldn't it be [17-0] The thousand
souls lost in Syria demand justice and the
barbaric nature they are being killed need to be
checked, if the Syrian Government could get
away using chemical weapon on his own citizens
who knows what he's gonna use next on them
[atomic weapon] I guess? This is not our war
alone but a war of justice, it could have been you
and me being killed helplessly by that chemical
weapon by our own government so imagine if
our justice is gonna be determined by the
decision of America then what would you want
their decisions to be? its easier for us all to sit at
the comfort of our homes with our laptops and
gadgets to type and criticize Obama and the
Congress because we aren't caught-up in the
battle front because if we were, we will be hell-
bent on justice and even annoyed at Obama for it
being delayed for this long. Which is easier, for
Assad to step down so the killings could end, or
for America to put an end to all the killings since
Assad is bent on killing more citizens? I believe
justice should prevail and I thank God America is
at the fore front of bringing justice to the syrian
citizens both dead and alive and if all it takes is
your support or vote I hope our conscience help
us make the right decisions not just our own
immediate comfort and peace of mind, because it
could be you and I being killed by the chemical
weapon.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by VirginFinder: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2013
War-mongering america.

When the UN say that?

The UN have said they'll never determine who used the chemical weapons!

Why are you scared?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nwogbe: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2013
You guys have already turned the thread into an anti American one , inshort right from d 0P himself. Don't let ur senses of anti American becloud your sense of reasoning. How would a sane president use chemical weapon on her peeps and u guys are saying America is playing d bully on Syria. Someone even said d UN said is d free Syrian army dat used d weapon when as a matter of fact their mandate didn't cover dat. I support d uprooting of assad asap.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Horus(m): 9:06am On Sep 05, 2013
PDPwayoo:

If u r educated, u will know that every country including ur Nigeria signed a chemical/nuclear treaty. Which means, that any country that violates this norm will face military action from the international community.

Illiterates judgement are based on sentiment. America or no America. This is the use of chemical weapon which must be responded accordingly.

Then the U.S should face military action from the international community after using their chemical weaapons in Vietnam. 86 million liters of Agent Orange were sprayed on Vietnam by the U.S. Do your research

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Orikinla(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2013
NO.

Secretary Kerry lied on the realities in Syria.
Has he visited Syria?
He lied that there is no Al Qaeda in Syria.
But there is Hezbollah.
Is like saying there is no mosque in America.
But there are Muslims.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by dohiswill: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2013
Someone used a chemical weapon no its own people, and you still want that man without a bit of conscience to go unpunished. Why are you big mouthed people always shouting america when you dont want to face the truth?
There has been more than 100000 people dead, just because one stupid man refuses to leave office. Your people say they dont want you again that you should go and let another man rule, and they are dying because of that, still you refuse, and keep forcing urself no them by all cruel means. That's unacceptable in this present time..
And if not for the weak headed people called arab league who cannot find any possible end to this blood shed in there region since, then what are they for tell me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arizona State Certifies Joe Biden's Win / Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism / Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.