Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime (18317 Views)

Countdown To US Military Strike On Syria: Assad’s Chemicals Killed 1,429 Syrians / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Aljazeera English- American War Movies Are Military Propoganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Nwogbe: You guys have already turned the thread into an anti American one , inshort right from d 0P himself. Don't let ur senses of anti American becloud your sense of reasoning. How would a sane president use chemical weapon on her peeps and u guys are saying America is playing d bully on Syria. Someone even said d UN said is d free Syrian army dat used d weapon when as a matter of fact their mandate didn't cover dat. I support d uprooting of assad asap.
Every other source is pointing at the Rebels for using Chemical weapons except the US, how on earth would you disregard evidence presented by everybody and accept that of the USA whom has been known for lying and False flag operations.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

Then the U.S should face military action from the international community after using their chemical weaapons in Vietnam. 86 million liters of Agent Orange were sprayed on Vietnam by the U.S. Do your research

This is Nigeria mentality. because USA used it in Vietnam; does it mean Syria and other countries should do the same?

UN is very weak. UN should have intervened b4 now then USA and other countries will follow. Even if Syria use atomic bomb Russia and China will be business as usual. So no need waiting for them cos they will keep selling weapons and printing their currency
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2013
frosbel:

You support WAR

This is not the position of the bible and is in direct contrast to the minsitry of Jesus.

God does not encourage warmongering in the body of Christ. We are talking about real lives here that could be lost in the tens of thousands.

"God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

amen!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Lordave: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2013
fewj: Reading through different comments regarding an impending war or should I say an impending U.S invasion of Syria and It sovereignty, Here are some points I think we should all note:

1. This impending invasion is a product of political turmoil, citizens of syria have rejected their government especially their president just like some other Arab nations did recently, why can't president Assad just step down, your own people don't want you anymore, you're imposing yourself on them at the cost of so many lives!!! You definitely do not have their best interest at heart!

2. This crisis didn't start today, its been on for over two years, neither the Assad regime, the U.S., Russia or even China have been able to come up with a reasonable solution and execute it to the later, Russia and China especially so far haven't done anything to mitigate the hardship being faced by Syrians through medical and food aid and anything else, instead they've been making huge profits from it buy selling more weapons to the Assad regime!!! grin

3. I never saw any thread here on Nairaland suggesting a solution to this crisis, or even commensurating with the Syrian people in their time of hardship for the over two years its been on sad

4. I also never saw any thread criticising the U.N. Security council for not doing nearly enough all this time, or even a thread mobilizing an anti Assad or even an Anti civil war rally all this time, now thousands have died! angry

Finally The U.S. is bold enough to initiate a military strike, tongues which have been silent to the death of people's children, parents, their lovers, spouse, uncles and aunties are now wagging. angry

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, Russia which has strong ties with the Assad regime should offer the Syrian president and his cohorts asylum, that would be a major game changer.

(If Russia won't, GEJ should set up a joint committee of boko haram and Mend to go and kidnap Assad cheesy cheesy cheesy, Na joke I dey o kiss kiss kiss)
despite your joke, you made a million senses.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2013
Flytefalls: I support an intervention; the Syrians who suffer need this desperately. But I can never support war, which will happen inevitably upon intervention. Seriously, who do you attack when you are unsure of the culprit? Where do you face your guns- to the areas of Syria in peaceful power or tragic destitution? This will perceptually worsen before it gets better.

This world is already locked into multiple pockets of cyclic vengence. We will never see peace until "the end".
if the US intervene forget everything about getting better. This is simply a US plot to futher distabilized the region, i won't be surprised if the sarin gas the rebels used came from the US.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by VirginFinder: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2013
thoth:
Every other source is pointing at the Rebels for using Chemical weapons except the US, how on earth would you disregard evidence presented by everybody and accept that of the USA whom has been known for lying and False flag operations.

Who is the everybody?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Histrings08(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2013
US government works based on credible intelligence,I trust them they can't just initiate a millitary strike unless they know things will get outta hand if it continues that way...Obama is one of their president that doesn't like war,I'm sure he's absolutely convinced that that's d best solution...that man might possess a nuclear weapon that can cause genocide...

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by racino: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2013
omenka:

I think the US is on point on this call. The consequences of the US standing down after what Asad did to his own people would be more dire. It would give other rogue and beligerent regimes around the world the impetus to deploy such weapons against percieved enemies.

This is gonna be unlike Iraq or Afghanistan. There would be no boots on ground, just ariel strikes at some military infrastructure to reduce Asad's capability.

People like Asad are the reason why I still insist Mubarak is a patriot!! He didn't burn his country just to maintain his grip on power.

I feel people calling for the US not to act are only doing so just to sound politically correct. I mean, why should a whole country burn just for the selfish interest of ONE MAN It simply doesn't make any sense.
And how are u so sure that it's Assad that released the chemical weapons? why should he in the first place after caging the rebels and pushing them to the wall? Even if he had to use chemical weopons wouldnt he have used them on the rebels rather than women and children as shown in the video clip? Curiously all the rebel fighters were evacuated from that area a day before the attack! Assad knew fully well that even Russia could not save him if he dare cross that red line of using chemical weapon. Notice the timing of the chemical attack, a couple of days after the syrian government had agreed to receive UN investigators. American version of the story makes no sense at all! Even before UN investigators concluded their assignment, Americans were already jumping all over the place that Syrian regime is responsible and that they have proof to that. Russia has challenged them to present the proof to the UN and they're sayin no they'll show it to their congress bunch of shameless liars!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Histrings08: US government works based on credible intelligence,I trust them they can't just initiate a millitary strike unless they know things will get outta hand if it continues that way...Obama is one of their president that doesn't like war,I'm sure he's absolutely convinced that that's d best solution...that man might possess a nuclear weapon that can cause genocide...
The same Credible Intelligence that destroyed Iraq and killed millions of women and children by stating that they posses WMD ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 05, 2013
I have a feeling US have gotten Iron dome on standby *watchout*.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by MissOpe(f): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2013
YES I DO[/size][size=8pt][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Horus(m): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcHQveeNa1I

[size=15pt]Anonymous - Syria & The Drums of War[/size]
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Oliveronline: 10:25am On Sep 05, 2013
I support it 100%. Assad had crossed de red line and he shud face de music
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by mildteddy(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2013
US government is strategically removing everyone that opposes them.
They are playing chess on the world. Remove opposition and crown a Pro-'democratic'/ American government at all cost. "Power lies in the barrel of the gun" Hitler said.
"Power lies in the nose of a tomahawk" Obama'll say.
Whichever way Syria is fighting their 'own' civil war and should be left alone while they're at it. If the will of the people is to remove Assad he will end up removed.
If America's interest is just a mere 'humanitarian intervention' like they normally call it, they should find whoever drop that chemical weapon and kill him, instead of destroying Syrian military like they want to, and leaving them vulnerable to external forces (from the Israelis maybe).
But then it's all good, afterall the world is thriving on a borrowed TIME. I leave the rest to team ETT (carry on boys.)
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2013
omenka:

I think the US is on point on this call. The consequences of the US standing down after what Asad did to his own people would be more dire. It would give other rogue and beligerent regimes around the world the impetus to deploy such weapons against percieved enemies.

This is gonna be unlike Iraq or Afghanistan. There would be no boots on ground, just ariel strikes at some military infrastructure to reduce Asad's capability.

People like Asad are the reason why I still insist Mubarak is a patriot!! He didn't burn his country just to maintain his grip on power.

I feel people calling for the US not to act are only doing so just to sound politically correct. I mean, why should a whole country burn just for the selfish interest of ONE MAN It simply doesn't make any sense.
actually i know many syrians who are ok with assad. The theory of one man against his nation is western propaganda. I clearly remember christians calling the rebels terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Horus(m): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4pHX9rPMw

[size=15pt]Syria Now... Iran's Next!!![/size]
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2013
trent9002: Does the world do nothing? Assad used chemical weapons. He has to be punished. One of the disadvantages of being a world power is doing the world's dirty jobs.
what proof do you have that assad used chemical weapons? UN personel on ground are actually hinting that the US supported rebels who are actually al quaeda terrorist used the said gas.

Assad used chemical weapon is just like how the US said iraq has weapons of mass distruction. All lies

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2013
BabaAlabi: This OP is an ediot...The fact remains that about 1300 people were gassed in their sleep. Little children died, families were wore torn apart and 2 million syrians had to flee to other countries. Definitely an intervention is needed, because it's the innocent ones that are caught up in this war. Should there be an intervention in Syria-YES.
the question is: who gassed them
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Part 2

Some people claim the Syrian rebels used the chemical weapons, but they should consider the following :

1. The Syrian government are known to possess Sarin gases.

2. Sarin gases are not like Eba in which any tom, dick and Harry can make in the kitchen, if it was Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Al queida etc would have used it.

3. The west consider Assad and the rebels as two devils
the US and the other rebel suporters also have sarin gas. The west has been giving then arms, i won't be suprising that they also gave them the gas

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by uzoexcel(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2013
the same scripture says no one knows 'the end'..i wonder if u were born in the world war 1, world war 2 , cold war era, what would u have said? And i think end time is relative to one's condition...Ask people who suffer strife and casualties daily in Jos or boko haram terrorised states and they will tell u that the world had ended for a long tyme for them
Tgirl4real: Oh my! I thought this was in the religion section.

Don't get me wrong Frosbel. Whether U like it or it, this gonna happen cos we are in he endtimes...that doesn't mean I wish for souls to perish. It is prophecies being fulfilled. Scriptures encourages us to watch for the day.

I can only hope the hour of my salvation is near.

I really don't know about you, but I am tired of this crazy world and its godless system.

Come Lord Jesus! cool
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2013
fewj: Reading through different comments regarding an impending war or should I say an impending U.S invasion of Syria and It sovereignty, Here are some points I think we should all note:

1. This impending invasion is a product of political turmoil, citizens of syria have rejected their government especially their president just like some other Arab nations did recently, why can't president Assad just step down, your own people don't want you anymore, you're imposing yourself on them at the cost of so many lives!!! You definitely do not have their best interest at heart!

2. This crisis didn't start today, its been on for over two years, neither the Assad regime, the U.S., Russia or even China have been able to come up with a reasonable solution and execute it to the later, Russia and China especially so far haven't done anything to mitigate the hardship being faced by Syrians through medical and food aid and anything else, instead they've been making huge profits from it buy selling more weapons to the Assad regime!!! grin

3. I never saw any thread here on Nairaland suggesting a solution to this crisis, or even commensurating with the Syrian people in their time of hardship for the over two years its been on sad

4. I also never saw any thread criticising the U.N. Security council for not doing nearly enough all this time, or even a thread mobilizing an anti Assad or even an Anti civil war rally all this time, now thousands have died! angry

Finally The U.S. is bold enough to initiate a military strike, tongues which have been silent to the death of people's children, parents, their lovers, spouse, uncles and aunties are now wagging. angry

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, Russia which has strong ties with the Assad regime should offer the Syrian president and his cohorts asylum, that would be a major game changer.

(If Russia won't, GEJ should set up a joint committee of boko haram and Mend to go and kidnap Assad cheesy cheesy cheesy, Na joke I dey o kiss kiss kiss)
this again is propagada, am i the so called activists who went to syria to stir a rather peacefull country Besides since when did riot become a means to unseat a president Is it not the US and co that is supplying the rebels with weopons If not for those weopons this war would have long ended.
The US lack the moral authority to even intervene because they are the reason the war is raging. They are responsible for the long war and when they strike there will be colateral damage.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2013
I have 2 things to add in this argument

1. To the person claiming the Syrian people don't want Assad, on what evidence do u base ur claim??

I believe they don't want him because of the protest that was stage which lead to this war, because Assad sent his men to kill them (protesters) and also it's a know fact the Army are deflecting in large numbers to the rebels .

2. Rebels or terrorist don't have access to WMD (Sarin or chemical weapons in this case), if they did, I'm sure it won't be 'wasted' in Syria as Assad wants us to believe, instead it will be used by al queida in terrorizing the world.

N. B. For those supporting Assad’s claim that the rebels used chemical weapons, you should ask yourself this question? Why haven't other rebels in other countries used chemical weapons?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
I have 2 things to add in this argument

1. To the person claiming the Syrian people don't want Assad, on what evidence do u base ur claim??

I believe they don't want him because of the protest that was stage which lead to this war - because Assad sent his men to kill them (protesters) and also it's a know fact the Army are deflecting in large numbers to the rebels .

2. Rebels or terrorist don't have access to WMD (Sarin or chemical weapons in this case), if they did, I'm sure it won't be 'wasted' in Syria as Assad wants us to believe, instead it will be used by al queida in terrorizing the world.

N. B. For those supporting Assad’s claim that the rebels used chemical weapons, you should ask yourself this question? Why haven't other rebels in other countries used chemical weapons?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Ubenedictus: this again is propagada, am i the so called activists who went to syria to stir a rather peacefull country Besides since when did riot become a means to unseat a president Is it not the US and co that is supplying the rebels with weopons If not for those weopons this war would have long ended.
The US lack the moral authority to even intervene because they are the reason the war is raging. They are responsible for the long war and when they strike there will be colateral damage.

Are you aware it was a peaceful protests until Assad sent his men to kill the protesters, that how it degenerated to this, so if you want to blame someone leave America out of it and stop this your propaganda!!

The protest in Syria was an extension of the Arab Spring, unlike the Egyptian president who decided to step down to protect his country, Assad decided to attack/kill the protesters. Are you going to feed Me the propaganda that the Americans started/funded the Arab Spring??

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by uzoexcel(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Iam going to speak objectively here...I have an issue with America always been on the forefront of liberalision of coUntries with conflicts as i feel they sometimes have dubious agendas but usually one cant blame them IMO...For all the US wrongdoings, i would rather have them as the world police/superpower than china/russia as they seem to have better conscience than the aforementioned countries.he syria war has been going on for ages but not one of the so-called world powers/anti american countries stepped in to resolve the conflict... The Arab league of nations middle eastern countries which should have stepped up and resolved this issue were just barking toothlessly..Not one of the middle eastern countries did anything while thousands of syrian's were killed....And if i was Obama, i would call out China!!lemme explain...china wants to be a superpower but in crises like this they are no where to be found or are always hiding behind the back of russia..The chinese are conscienceless and would never do anything to help...So it looks quite hypocritical when America wanna steps in 3 years after the conflict began and everyone is suddenly shouting 'anti-american' protests.Where were all these countries since
NO LONG TIN: Yes, I support USA strategic and limited attack on Assad’s government.

I read a lot of comments/blogs on this issue, some people especially Muslim portray USA as the Devil and Assad and Iran as Angels, but you all have forgotten how this war started..... . Click the link below.

http://www.ynaija.com/thanks-washington-post-9-questions-you-were-too-embarrased-to-ask-about-the-syrian-war-answered/

Some sentimental /myopic people claim the US control the Syrian rebels, but after reading/clicking the link you will realize that Assad and the Syrian rebels are like two DEVILS.

I remember some Muslims blaming the USA for sponsoring the protest that lead to the removal of Mubarak, nw they blame them for the removal of the Muslim Brotherhood. HABA!!! Which 1 are we going to blame on the Egyptian people??

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Ubenedictus: the US and the other rebel suporters also have sarin gas. The west has been giving then arms, i won't be suprising that they also gave them the gas

Don't be naive!!!

You are aware that chemical weapons are WMD??

Why would any government give the rebels (in which it is said al queida may be part of them) chemical weapons.

Do you honestly think, any country will risk giving chemical weapons to rebels?? Especially 1 in the middle east when we all know it could easily enter terrorist hands!!

Pls read this report, you will realize America doesn’t see the rebels as the solution, as I said before Assad and the rebels are like two devils

www.nairaland.com/1421515/9-questions-too-embarrased-ask
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by DonaldGenes(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2013
yes, yes, yes i do lend my absolute credence for united State to attack that fool in Syria_enough is enough for spilling innocent blood just because he wanna cling to power by all means necessary-
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Lamasta(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
All i see is END TIME O God take control.....
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by bibi1234: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
I do not support it one bit..really do not why the US doesn't mind their business concerning other countries..
Lool imagine the US trying to attack russia that's the end of them because that country isn't their friend
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Horus(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
PDPwayoo:

This is Nigeria mentality. because USA used it in Vietnam; does it mean Syria and other countries should do the same?

UN is very weak. UN should have intervened b4 now then USA and other countries will follow. Even if Syria use atomic bomb Russia and China will be business as usual. So no need waiting for them cos they will keep selling weapons and printing their currency

You just confessed that USA used chemical weapons in Vietnam yet you believe that it is legal to use for them. Hypocrit!. There is no evidences that Assad used chemical weapons. America claim that possessing chemical weapons is illegal but the same America have the largest stockpile of chemical weapons on the planet. This is all hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by 2legit2qwt: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: I support it100%.

Se you don't want the world to end ni. grin

These are prophecies being fulfilled.

Make America attack, Russia retaliate, everything turn to yam-pepper, scatter, scatter. lol

Seriously, if that happens, we are in for a showdown.

"I see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven..."

Come Lord Jesus! smiley

Seriously undecided

You support the war which does nothing but take lives? Christ will come when he chooses to and enagaging in wars doesn't mean it's time for him, it may be signs but it could still be 50 years from today, it could be next year, heck, it could be this very minute. Pray for peace sis, not war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Arizona State Certifies Joe Biden's Win / Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.