Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime (18294 Views)

Countdown To US Military Strike On Syria: Assad’s Chemicals Killed 1,429 Syrians / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Aljazeera English- American War Movies Are Military Propoganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 08, 2013
thoth:

I fail to make sense of your post , are you saying that Syria should be a priority when there are more serious situations in the middle east ?

Where did I say this? That Syria should be a priority? angry

Are you saying you can simply isolate Syria and then cast your judgements without factoring the effect of outside influences like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait ?

Where did I also say this? shocked no dey lie for my head o angry

If you people are so bias in your love for America and would rather not see the truth but an isolated evil Syria then please leave them ALONE to settle their problems. It is like accusing a person of rape without a rape victim. God! how can you people be so low.

Am seriously beginning to wonder if its my post you're responding to (as in what I write) or you're responding to someone elses, 99.9% of the things you said I said in your last two post, I never said or even implied them!!!

Its not propaganda or anything else for that matter, Its simple reasoning, Nobody, I repeat NOBODY should hold onto power at the expense of so many lives, not Obama, not Putin and definitely not Bashar Hafez al-Assad!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 08, 2013
NairaMinted:

1.Why did the attack coincide with the arrival of U.N. weapons inspectors and no rebels were killed?
You would think if Assad's forces was using it, they would aim to kill rebels - first and foremost and
civilian would be collateral damage.

2. Furthermore, you would think the Syrian army would have advanced and taken control of that area - given the
fact that they had supposedly fired chemical weapons into that area.

So why are the "rebels" still in control of that area?

Surely if you are an army commander who has just gassed the area of combatants and civilians, you would order
your men to go clear the area of any remaining resistance.

3. Lastly, what is the strategic importance of that area, that drove the Syrian army to resort to desperate measures like using chemical weapons.The Syrian army was already making considerable gains against the "rebels" in a conventional manner so why the sudden need to use chemical weapons?

As a matter of fact, it is the "rebels" themselves that have been caught using chemical weapons and when a similar but smaller attack was carried out in Aleppo, a leading UN Investigator voiced his suspicions that the "rebels" most likely were behind the attacks based on the accounts of the victims he spoke to.

It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever, for Assad to use chemical weapons. He has the least to gain and the most to lose. He has been inflicting heavy losses on the rebels and pushing them back and retaking lost territories the conventional way .

Now the US and the international community (sic) is saying that the Syrian governments decision to allow the inspectors access to the site of this latest attack is “too little, too late”. Weren’t the UN investigators in Syria in the first place to investigate attacks purportedly carried about the rebels (sic) way back in March – over 5 months before the investigators arrived? Why is this two delay to reach the site such a sticking point all of a sudden? Mind boggling hypocrisy!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_al-Assal_massacre

You seem to be asking the right questions for the most part of it, I wasn't in syria neither were you, we can only speculate. I'll answer your questions with more questions

1.Why did the attack coincide with the arrival of U.N. weapons inspectors and no rebels were killed?
You would think if Assad's forces was using it, they would aim to kill rebels - first and foremost and

There has been at least three reports of Chemical weapons usage, UN investigators went there to investigate the previous attacks, here are my questions

1. Is there a possibility the Syrian government arranged it this way to create doubt, such that the doubt created would make people doubt the previous use of chemical weapons?

2. Who said rebels didn't die?

3. Did President Assad directly order the use of chemical weapons or did the frontline soldiers and their commanders become desperate?

Furthermore, you would think the Syrian army would have advanced and taken control of that area - given the

Lets say you're a Syrian Soldier, after using chemical weapons in an environment, you would quickly advance and take control of that area? Maybe you don't know what chemical weapons are. The question is, Even after the attack has been made public, why didn't they still advance?
They know what they did there, they are afraid it could affect them too!

Lastly, what is the strategic importance of that area, that drove the Syrian army to resort to desperate measures like using chemical weapons.The Syrian army was already making considerable gains against the "rebels" in a conventional manner so why the sudden need to use chemical weapons?

There is no strategic importance to the best of my knowledge, the Syrian army has been known to use desperate measures, infact thats what made a protest for reforms turn into a full blown war. The bombs being dropped by the Syrian air force are not cheap, Russia is making a fortune out of the war, they're selling the weapons to the syrian government, yet syrian government drops tones of bombs daily in syria

If the Syrian government has nothing to hide, it would have allowed inspectors access long ago, the evidence may have been tampered with by both the government and nature (wind, rainfall and sun).

The war so far has been going in a seesaw manner, sometimes its the rebels that are gaining ground and vice versa

"As much as i would not want to see a single bomb dropped in Syria, I would really love to see Assad's military capabilities grossly reduced, that would most likely reset his brain!" - fewj sad
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 6:27am On Sep 08, 2013
When you write as if you are intimate with the Syrian Problem you fail to think about what you wrote translates to other people who are quite alienated from the situation as you are, judging from your recent post you still have to learnt the import of that.

My question remains the same , are you trying to isolate Syria and cast your judgments on the cause and solution of the conflict independent of the Syrian peoples own story, independent of the ruthless mornachies that surrounds and tried to influence it ?

I other words, you support US supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia and Bahrain to continuosly kill its people and arm AL Qaeda but you support the same US going after Assad even though all their claims has no proof.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 08, 2013
thoth: When you write as if you are intimate with the Syrian Problem you fail to think about what you wrote translates to other people who are quite alienated from the situation as you are, judging from your recent post you still have to learnt the import of that.

My question remains the same , are you trying to isolate Syria and cast your judgments on the cause and solution of the conflict independent of the Syrian peoples own story, independent of the ruthless mornachies that surrounds and tried to influence it ?

I other words, you support US supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia and Bahrain to continuously kill its people and arm AL Qaeda but you support the same US going after Assad even though all their claims has no proof.

No i'm not trying to alienate syria, am not trying to say it has never had external influence, I am saying that is no excuse for President Assad to stay in office at the expense of so many lives!

I've never said I support everything the US does, they've used chemical weapons themselves, they turned a blind eye to Saddam gassing Iran, They promote gay marriage, and with all the many atrocities they've committed, Am just saying Assad needs to leave, this could either be done violently or peacefully, the earlier he goes, the better for the whole world!

Don't forget too that the Syrian government lied about owning chemical weapons for over 30years, they only admitted to it last year!

NO HUMAN BEING SHOULD KILL DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ANOTHER HUMAN BEING FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT!!! NOT FOR POLITICS NOT FOR BLOOD MONEY, NOT FOR ANY REASON!!!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 7:14am On Sep 08, 2013
fewj:

There has been at least three reports of Chemical weapons usage, UN investigators went there to investigate the previous attacks, here are my questions

1. Is there a possibility the Syrian government arranged it this way to create doubt, such that the doubt created would make people doubt the previous use of chemical weapons?

2. Who said rebels didn't die?

3. Did President Assad directly order the use of chemical weapons or did the frontline soldiers and their commanders become desperate?

It is common knowledge that the United States and its allies has been looking for an opportunity ti overthrow Assad, create sectarian conflicts in Syria and install a western Puppet leader, SO why would chemical assault coincide with the coming of the UN inspectors, because the US and its rebels allies would gain more from it, they have been looking for a way to say that the Syrian Government used a dangerous mass killing weapon against its own people, the best option though poorly executed is to carry out the assault and blame it on the Syrian Government.
Why would the Syrian Government now use chemical weapons while it has almost cleared its country of rebels, does it make sense, of course not, so the truth must be that someone did it to point a finger at the regime.

Furthermore, you would think the Syrian army would have advanced and taken control of that area - given the

Lets say you're a Syrian Soldier, after using chemical weapons in an environment, you would quickly advance and take control of that area? Maybe you don't know what chemical weapons are. The question is, Even after the attack has been made public, why didn't they still advance?
They know what they did there, they are afraid it could affect them too!

The Syrian army did not advance because the area was in rebel control and the Syrian rebels admitted using chemical weapons
[size=16pt]Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons.[/size]
http://www.infowars.com/video-syrian-rebel-admits-using-chemical-weapons/

http://investmentwatchblog.com/fox-news-syrian-rebel-admits-using-chemical-weapons/

It was in Video and audio and they also told of one occasion when they mistakenly detonated a chemical warhead.

Lastly, what is the strategic importance of that area, that drove the Syrian army to resort to desperate measures like using chemical weapons.The Syrian army was already making considerable gains against the "rebels" in a conventional manner so why the sudden need to use chemical weapons?

There is no strategic importance to the best of my knowledge, the Syrian army has been known to use desperate measures, infact thats what made a protest for reforms turn into a full blown war. The bombs being dropped by the Syrian air force are not cheap, Russia is making a fortune out of the war, they're selling the weapons to the syrian government, yet syrian government drops tones of bombs daily in syria

If the Syrian government has nothing to hide, it would have allowed inspectors access long ago, the evidence may have been tampered with by both the government and nature (wind, rainfall and sun).

The war so far has been going in a seesaw manner, sometimes its the rebels that are gaining ground and vice versa

Sorry , but you just made the most silly blunder above, i would not even expect that from an uninformed reader. The Syrian Government are at home, well supplied, in their own territory and the official voice of the Syrian people and had been gradually pushing the crazy rebels out Syrian territory, i wonder what part of that can make someone desperate, the rebels on the other hand has been committing atrocities after atrocities in their desperate effort to coerce the Syrian people to support them, they are mostly foreign AL-Qaeda fighters and the Syrian people does not want them, they mistakenly thought by terrorizing the people they will silence then and get support so they killed the Christians and slay priests but that angered the people more, they went on and started killing fellow Muslims trying to coerce them through fear but that is not working because Syrian whether Christian or Muslim clearly know where they stand , [size=16pt]They don't want to be ruled by Al-Qaeda and Muslim brotherhood with a Western Puppet[/size]. The rebels clearly have not learnt from that but it has always been the way of Al-Qaeda from Iraq to Afghanistan to Libya and Mali..killing innocent civilians so as to coerce them into silence.
That is as desperate as they can get and i will not rule out dropping Nuclear bombs if the rebels got it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2013
fewj:

No i'm not trying to alienate syria, am not trying to say it has never had external influence, I am saying that is no excuse for President Assad to stay in office at the expense of so many lives!

I've never said I support everything the US does, they've used chemical weapons themselves, they turned a blind eye to Saddam gassing Iran, They promote gay marriage, and with all the many atrocities they've committed, Am just saying Assad needs to leave, this could either be done violently or peacefully, the earlier he goes, the better for the whole world!

Don't forget too that the Syrian government lied about owning chemical weapons for over 30years, they only admitted to it last year!

NO HUMAN BEING SHOULD KILL DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ANOTHER HUMAN BEING FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT!!! NOT FOR POLITICS NOT FOR BLOOD MONEY, NOT FOR ANY REASON!!!

Have you ever read that the Syrians wanted Assad to leave ? do you have proof that Syrians wanted Assad to leave ? ruling 1000 years is not the question, the question is does the people support their leader!!
Have you ever heard that there were never elections ? if Assad wins then that is his official right to be in office. I don't know what you are implying and you have been slimy about your point this whole while, in all i simply understand it that you are an enemy of the Syrian people. to support Foreign terrorist and their Western Sponsors to occupy Syria shows how inconsequential and atrocious you can be.

When people talk without knowing the full implication of what they are saying it becomes clear that they are alienated from the reality they are trying to twist, it becomes clear that to your likes Syria is just some far away country and your assumptions are made without the same feelings, the same passion and misery the Syrians go through. so you can offhandedly call for Foreign intervention.

A No-Fly Zone in Libya turned into a Bombing campaign and Regime Overthrow, the result which Libya and Africa(especially Nigeria) would not be able to recover from for the next decade.

You here have the guts to call for that on the Syrian people..shame on you!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2013
fewj:

"As much as i would not want to see a single bomb dropped in Syria, I would really love to see Assad's military capabilities grossly reduced, that would most likely reset his brain!" - fewj sad

Thoth , i couldn't have said it better. that last post of yours says it all. fewj fails to see the. nightmarish sectarian violence that would be unleashed should Assad be toppled. The countries that support the rebels want a splintered and weakened Syria that is at war itself so that their individual goals in the region are achieved. Syria,like Nigeria is a very multicultural society and sometimes a strong man at the helm is what is needed. Not that i support that Assad remains in power at all costs but if the man still enjoys up to %70 percent popularity -ratings that western leaders only dream of- as suggested, then let him remain there. Do not also believe this talk of limited strikes. We already are smarter for it if we look at the Libya fiasco.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2013
I even managed to tune into CNN yesterday and a special edition of Piers Morgan aired. In the audience were several Americans of Syrian descent or Syrians living in America. They ALL supported Assad (Christian, Sunni, Shia, etc amongst them) and they ALL feared for what would become of their country should the Al -Qaeda terrorists supported by Bandar IBn Sultan and others be allowed to take over. You have all seen the videos of the horrific atrocities committed by those animals!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2013
Here's an excellent rebuttal of Americas claims by the way. They seem to think we are all sheeple or zombies trusting and believing every word they say. The lies and deceit of the Obama regime in particular are so breathtaking, desperate and innumerable and they are being trumpeted knowingly and deceitfully

[quote author=NairaMinted]Point-By-Point Rebuttal of U.S. Case for War In Syria
Posted on September 3, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog

The American War Brief Is Extremely Weak

The White House released a 4-page document setting forth its case for use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government.

But as shown below, the case is extremely weak (government’s claim in quotes, followed by rebuttal evidence).

“A preliminary U.S. government assessment determined that 1,429 people were killed in the chemical weapons attack, including at least 426 children, though this assessment will certainly evolve as we obtain more information.“

But McClatchy notes:

Neither Kerry’s remarks nor the unclassified version of the U.S. intelligence he referenced explained how the U.S. reached a tally of 1,429, including 426 children. The only attribution was “a preliminary government assessment.”

Anthony Cordesman, a former senior defense official who’s now with the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies, took aim at the death toll discrepancies in an essay published Sunday.

He criticized Kerry as being “sandbagged into using an absurdly over-precise number” of 1,429, and noted that the number didn’t agree with either the British assessment of “at least 350 fatalities” or other Syrian opposition sources, namely the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which has confirmed 502 dead, including about 100 children and “tens” of rebel fighters, and has demanded that Kerry provide the names of the victims included in the U.S. tally.

“President Obama was then forced to round off the number at ‘well over 1,000 people’ – creating a mix of contradictions over the most basic facts,” Cordesman wrote. He added that the blunder was reminiscent of “the mistakes the U.S. made in preparing Secretary (Colin) Powell’s speech to the U.N. on Iraq in 2003.”

An unclassified version of a French intelligence report on Syria that was released Monday hardly cleared things up; France confirmed only 281 fatalities, though it more broadly agreed with the United States that the regime had used chemical weapons in the Aug. 21 attack.

Next, the government says:

“In addition to U.S. intelligence information, there are accounts from international and Syrian medical personnel; videos; witness accounts; thousands of social media reports from at least 12 different locations in the Damascus area; journalist accounts; and reports from highly credible nongovernmental organizations.”

Reports on the ground are contradictory, with some claiming that the rebels used the chemical weapons. See this and this. Indeed, government officials have admitted that they’re not sure who used chemical weapons.

More importantly the U.S. government claimed it had unimpeachable sources regarding Iraq’s WMDs … and that turned out to be wholly fabricated.

“We assess with high confidence that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year, including in the Damascus suburbs. This assessment is based on multiple streams of information including reporting of Syrian officials planning and executing chemical weapons attacks and laboratory analysis of physiological samples obtained from a number of individuals, which revealed exposure to sarin.”

Chemical weapons experts are still skeptical. The chain of custody is suspect, given that the U.S. hasn’t revealed where the samples came from, and who delivered them to the U.S. McClatchy reports:

Among chemical weapons experts and other analysts who’ve closely studied the Syrian battlefield, the main reservation about the U.S. claims is that there’s no understanding of the methodology behind the intelligence-gathering. They say that the evidence presented points to the use of some type of chemical agent, but say that there are still questions as to how the evidence was collected, the integrity of the chain of custody of such samples, and which laboratories were involved.

Eliot Higgins, a British chronicler of the Syrian civil war who writes the Brown Moses blog, a widely cited repository of information on the weapons observed on the Syrian battlefield, wrote a detailed post Monday listing photographs and videos that would seem to support U.S. claims that the Assad regime has possession of munitions that could be used to deliver chemical weapons. But he wouldn’t make the leap.

On the blog, Higgins asked: “How do we know these are chemical weapons? That’s the thing, we don’t. As I’ve said all along, these are munitions linked to alleged chemical attacks, not chemical munitions used in chemical attacks. It’s ultimately up to the U.N. to confirm if chemical weapons were used.”

Moreover, Dan Kaszeta – a former Chemical Officer in the United States Army, and one of the foremost experts in chemical and biological weapons – said in a recent interview that there can be false positives for Sarin, especially, when tests are done in the field (pesticides or other chemical agents can trigger a false positive for sarin.)

The bottom lines is that – even though the U.S. has done everything it can to derail a UN weapons inspection – we have to wait to see what the UN tests reveal.

“We assess that the opposition has not used chemical weapons.”

The rebels absolutely had had access to chemical weapons. While the American government claims that the opposition has not used chemical weapons, many other sources – including the United Nations, Haaretz, and Turkish state newspaper Zaman - disagree.

“The Syrian regime has the types of munitions that we assess were used to carry out the attack on August 21, and has the ability to strike simultaneously in multiple locations.”

The types of munitions which were apparently used to deliver the chemical weapon attack are an odd, do-it-yourself type of rocket. The rebels could have made these.

“We assess that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons over the last year primarily to gain the upper hand or break a stalemate in areas where it has struggled to seize and hold strategically valuable territory. In this regard, we continue to judge that the Syrian regime views chemical weapons as one of many tools in its arsenal, including air power and ballistic missiles, which they indiscriminately use against the opposition.

The Syrian regime has initiated an effort to rid the Damascus suburbs of opposition forces using the area as a base to stage attacks against regime targets in the capital. The regime has failed to clear dozens of Damascus neighborhoods of opposition elements, including neighborhoods targeted on August 21, despite employing nearly all of its conventional weapons systems. We assess that the regime’s frustration with its inability to secure large portions of Damascus may have contributed to its decision to use chemical weapons on August 21.”

This is not evidence. This is a conclusory opinion without any support. (To give an analogy, this would be like claiming Saddam was using weapons of mass destruction right before the Iraq war started because he didn’t like short people … without refuting the actual fact that Saddam didn’t have any WMDs.)

“We have intelligence that leads us to assess that Syrian chemical weapons personnel – including personnel assessed to be associated with the SSRC – were preparing chemical munitions prior to the attack. In the three days prior to the attack, we collected streams of human, signals and geospatial intelligence that reveal regime activities that we assess were associated with preparations for a chemical weapons attack.

Syrian chemical weapons personnel were operating in the Damascus suburb of ‘Adra from Sunday, August 18 until early in the morning on Wednesday, August 21 near an area that the regime uses to mix chemical weapons, including sarin.”

Gareth Porter notes:

Despite the use of the term “operating,” the US intelligence had no information about the actual activities of the individual or individuals being tracked through geospatial and signals intelligence. When administration officials leaked the information to CBS news last week, they conceded that the presence of the individual being tracked in the area in question had been viewed at the time as “nothing out of the ordinary.”

Yet, after the August 21 event, the same information was suddenly transformed into “evidence” that supports the official line.

Moreover, American intelligence sources have repeatedly been caught lying. During the run-up to the Iraq war, the government entirely bypassed the normal intelligence-vetting process, so that bogus claims could be trumpeted without the normal checks and balances from conscientious intelligence analysts. Israeli intelligence – which appears to have played a part in the Syria war brief – has been equally bad.

Former top CIA intelligence officers confirm that the intelligence has been grossly politicized to justify war against Syria.

“On August 21, a Syrian regime element prepared for a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus area, including through the utilization of gas masks.”

This is an oddly-worded – and carefully crafted – statement. Assad has repeatedly warned that the rebels might steal chemical weapons and use them on civilians. The utilization of gas masks could have been a preventative measure because the Syrian government had received word that the rebels might carry out a chemical attack. More information is necessary.

“Multiple streams of intelligence indicate that the regime executed a rocket and artillery attack against the Damascus suburbs in the early hours of August 21. Satellite detections corroborate that attacks from a regime-controlled area struck neighborhoods where the chemical attacks reportedly occurred – including Kafr Batna, Jawbar, ‘Ayn Tarma, Darayya, and Mu’addamiyah. This includes the detection of rocket launches from regime controlled territory early in the morning, approximately 90 minutes before the first report of a chemical attack appeared in social media. The lack of flight activity or missile launches also leads us to conclude that the regime used rockets in the attack.”

The area in which attacks occurred was heavily contested by the both government and the rebels, and both sides were in and out of the area. 90 minutes before the first attack is an eternity when fighting a war on a heavily-contested battlefield … and could have been plenty of time for rebels to slip in and fire off chemical weapons.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2013
As Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting notes:

It’s unclear why this is supposed to be persuasive. Do rockets take 90 minutes to reach their targets? Does nerve gas escape from rockets 90 minutes after impact, or, once released, take 90 minutes to cause symptoms?

In a conflict as conscious of the importance of communication as the Syrian Civil War, do citizen journalists wait an hour and a half before reporting an enormous development–the point at which, as Kerry put it, “all hell broke loose in the social media”? Unless there’s some reason to expect this kind of a delay, it’s very unclear why we should think there’s any connection at all between the allegedly observed rocket launches and the later reports of mass poisoning.

The government next turns to social media:

“Local social media reports of a chemical attack in the Damascus suburbs began at 2:30 a.m. local time on August 21. Within the next four hours there were thousands of social media reports on this attack from at least 12 different locations in the Damascus area. Multiple accounts described chemical-filled rockets impacting opposition-controlled areas.

Three hospitals in the Damascus area received approximately 3,600 patients displaying symptoms consistent with nerve agent exposure in less than three hours on the morning of August 21, according to a highly credible international humanitarian organization. The reported symptoms, and the epidemiological pattern of events – characterized by the massive influx of patients in a short period of time, the origin of the patients, and the contamination of medical and first aid workers – were consistent with mass exposure to a nerve agent. We also received reports from international and Syrian medical personnel on the ground.

We have identified one hundred videos attributed to the attack, many of which show large numbers of bodies exhibiting physical signs consistent with, but not unique to, nerve agent exposure. The reported symptoms of victims included unconsciousness, foaming from the nose and mouth, constricted pupils, rapid heartbeat, and difficulty breathing. Several of the videos show what appear to be numerous fatalities with no visible injuries, which is consistent with death from chemical weapons, and inconsistent with death from small-arms, high-explosive munitions or blister agents. At least 12 locations are portrayed in the publicly available videos, and a sampling of those videos confirmed that some were shot at the general times and locations described in the footage.”

No one contests that some kind of chemical agent was used. The question is exactly what type of chemical it was and – more importantly – who used it.

Moreover, the rebels were making propaganda videos for years … and they’ve gotten more sophisticated recently. More information is needed.

“We assess the Syrian opposition does not have the capability to fabricate all of the videos, physical symptoms verified by medical personnel and NGOs, and other information associated with this chemical attack.”

Another conclusory opinion without evidence. More importantly, it is a red herring. No one is saying that the tragic and horrific deaths were faked.

The question is when and where they occurred, and who caused them. For example, one of the world’s leading experts on chemical weapons points out that it is difficult to know where the videos were taken:

Zanders, the former EU chemical weapons expert, went even further, arguing that outsiders cannot conclude with confidence the extent or geographic location of the chemical weapons attack widely being blamed on the Assad regime.

He singled out the images of victims convulsing in agony that have circulated widely on the Web, including on YouTube.

“You do not know where they were taken,” he said. “You do not know when they were taken or even by whom they were taken. Or, whether they [are from] the same incident or from different incidents.”

Zanders added: “It doesn’t tell me who would be responsible for it. It doesn’t tell me where the films were taken. It just tells me that something has happened, somewhere, at some point.”

The government then expands on allegedly intercepted intelligence:

“We have a body of information, including past Syrian practice, that leads us to conclude that regime officials were witting of and directed the attack on August 21. We intercepted communications involving a senior official intimately familiar with the offensive who confirmed that chemical weapons were used by the regime on August 21 and was concerned with the U.N. inspectors obtaining evidence. On the afternoon of August 21, we have intelligence that Syrian chemical weapons personnel were directed to cease operations.”

The Washington Post points out that alleged intelligence intercepts are “the core of the Obama administration’s evidentiary case….” America’s war intelligence has been spotty. For example:

The U.S. Navy’s own historians now say that the sinking of the USS Maine — the justification for America’s entry into the Spanish-American War — was probably caused by an internal explosion of coal, rather than an attack by the Spanish.

It is also now well-accepted that the Gulf of Tonkin Incident which led to the Vietnam war was a fiction (confirmed here).

And the U.S. and Israel have admitted that they have carried out false flag deceptions (as have Muslim countries such as Indonesia; but to our knowledge, Syria has never been busted in a false flag.)

Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting writes:

Recall that Powell played tapes of Iraqi officials supposedly talking about concealing evidence of banned weapons from inspectors–which turned out to show nothing of the kind. But Powell at least played tapes of the intercepted communication, even as he spun and misrepresented their contents–allowing for the possibility of an independent interpretation of these messages. Perhaps “mindful of the Iraq experience,” Kerry allows for no such interpretation.

David Swanson notes that American officials mischaracterized the communications to justify the Iraq war:

Powell was writing fictional dialogue. He put those extra lines in there and pretended somebody had said them. Here’s what Bob Woodward said about this in his book “Plan of Attack.”

“[Powell] had decided to add his personal interpretation of the intercepts to rehearsed script, taking them substantially further and casting them in the most negative light. Concerning the intercept about inspecting for the possibility of ‘forbidden ammo,’ Powell took the interpretation further: ‘Clean out all of the areas. . . . Make sure there is nothing there.’ None of this was in the intercept.”

[In addition] Powell … was presenting as facts numerous claims that his own staff had warned him were weak and indefensible.

The government then makes a throw-away argument:

“At the same time, the regime intensified the artillery barrage targeting many of the neighborhoods where chemical attacks occurred. In the 24 hour period after the attack, we detected indications of artillery and rocket fire at a rate approximately four times higher than the ten preceding days. We continued to see indications of sustained shelling in the neighborhoods up until the morning of August 26.”

This is another red herring. If the Syrian government believed that the rebels had used chemical weapons on civilians, they may have increased artillery fire to flush out the rebels to prevent further chemical attacks. Again, further information is needed.

“To conclude, there is a substantial body of information that implicates the Syrian government’s responsibility in the chemical weapons attack that took place on August 21.As indicated, there is additional intelligence that remains classified because of sources and methods concerns that is being provided to Congress and international partners.”

This sounds impressive at first glance. But Congress members who have seen the classified information – such as Tom Harkin – are not impressed. Congressman Michael Burgess said:

Yes, I saw the classified documents. They were pretty thin.

Indeed, Congressman Justin Amash says:

What I heard in Obama admn briefing actually makes me more skeptical of certain significant aspects of Pres’s case for attacking

And see these further details refuting the government’s argument for war.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/cheat-sheet-on-syria.html

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2013
NairaMinted: Here's an excellent rebuttal of Americas claims by the way. They seem to think we are all sheeple or zombies trusting and believing every word they say. The lies and deceit of the Obama regime in particular are so breathtaking, desperate and innumerable and they are being trumpeted knowingly and deceitfully

Good One! sometimes i fail to see how people whom actually has no clear relations or problems with Syria would have joy in peddling such lies and really take great effort to misinform others, in this case i mean Nigerians actually. what does the likes of some people who try to deceive others here gain from it when they know it is lives at stake ?

My conclusion is that it is a result of a complicated sort of inferiority complex which forces its victim(ignorant Nigerians) to automatically accept and repeat the stance of the person they feel inferior to to the point of believing it more than origin of such stance without giving it a single thought. it kind of gives them a feeling virtually belonging to the same class of their assumed superiors. if their superiors thinks homosexuality is a sort of freedom they too will espouse such claim and feel quite good believing they are now better than the rest. if their assumed superiors tell them that their culture is evil they will quickly stand on it.

the other problem might just be plain, undiluted ignorance, the sort that oozes out in whatever one does, be it talk, walk, dance or even write.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2013
thoth:
Good One! sometimes i fail to see how people whom actually has no clear relations or problems with Syria would have joy in peddling such lies and really take great effort to misinform others, in this case i mean Nigerians actually. what does the likes of some people who try to deceive others here gain from it when they know it is lives at stake ?

My conclusion is that it is a result of a complicated sort of inferiority complex which forces its victim(ignorant Nigerians) to automatically accept and repeat the stance of the person they feel inferior to to the point of believing it more than origin of such stance without giving it a single thought. it kind of gives them a feeling virtually belonging to the same class of their assumed superiors. if their superiors thinks homosexuality is a sort of freedom they too will espouse such claim and feel quite good believing they are now better than the rest. if their assumed superiors tell them that their culture is evil they will quickly stand on it.

the other problem might just be plain, undiluted ignorance, the sort that oozes out in whatever one does, be it talk, walk, dance or even write.

Spot on! Getting through to sheeple and zombies that have been brainwashed right from birth is very difficult In fact, almost impossible.. It is disheartening and frustrating.....They just seem incapable of logic reason, they stubbornly refuse to look at facts that are right there in front of them and blindly follow their ideologies irrationally....Someone I spoke to yesterday refused to believe me when I told him that the US hypocritically had used chemical weapons in a sustained manner in Vietnam in the 60's and and Fallujah, Iraq in 2005 which has caused countless deaths and birth defects through several generations. He said it was a lie. I showed him several websites and articles. He said they were all propaganda!! Would you just believe that?? Na very very looooonnng ting my brother...

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
NairaMinted: I even managed to tune into CNN yesterday and a special edition of Piers Morgan aired. In the audience were several Americans of Syrian descent or Syrians living in America. They ALL supported Assad (Christian, Sunni, Shia, etc amongst them) and they ALL feared for what would become of their country should the Al -Qaeda terrorists supported by Bandar IBn Sultan and others be allowed to take over. You have all seen the videos of the horrific atrocities committed by those animals!
You too refused to get it. It is not all about removing Al Asad from power but about the use of the Chemical weapon the US is now demanding to be given up by him to prevent attack. The people have asked him to step down in the past, that could have helped in avoiding what becomes of him presently, yet he rejected that and started calling his people cockroaches. The request from the people has not be taken up with great foresight by Al Asad because he is confident on Russian and Iranian backups.

The real bone of contention here is let the people choose who to rule them rather than going about recent propaganda - the type somebody like you is trying to propagate here.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
all4naija:
You too refused to get it. It is not all about removing Al Asad from power but about the use of the Chemical weapon the US is now demanding to be given up by him to prevent attack. The people have asked him to step down in the past, that could have helped in avoiding what becomes of him presently, yet he rejected that and started calling his people cockroaches. The request from the people has not be taken up with great foresight by Al Asad because he is confident on Russian and Iranian backups.

The real bone of contention here is let the people choose who to rule them rather than going about recent propaganda - the type somebody like you is trying to propagate here.

Ok so what propaganda exactly have i peddled here and since you say this is about the use of chemical weapons, plsprovide irrefutable proof that the Assad government used those weapons. Pls do. Not evidence based on strong suspicions" or "common sense" has now been shamelessly narrated by Kerry and co
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
NairaMinted:

Ok so what propaganda exactly have i peddled here and since you say this is about the use of chemical weapons, plsprovide irrefutable proof that the Assad government used those weapons. Pls do. Not evidence based on strong suspicions" or "common sense" has now been shamelessly narrated by Kerry and co

From a clear perspective we have seen that rebels are not altogether terrorists. They could be those fighting for their rights, secession and those fighting to dethrone a dictator. That is evident in Qaddafi's Libya. For you to have supported such propaganda by Al Assad regime that the rebels are terrorists make the whole issue looks as though there are no people genuinely fighting for the course of self-government, the government of the people, by the people and for the people, the democracy as we know it.

The truth there is infiltration among those fighting to remove Assad government is palpable there is also fact there are those genuinely fighting to be freed of the present regime dictatorship and tyranny. How are we not sure some of the rebels are coming from the Al Assad? How are you going to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Al Assad is not working behind the picture? Can we be sure it is not his government that is behind the infiltration to stay in power as a way to distract the West from supporting those genuinely fighting for the entrenchment of democracy in Syria? You see, there are questions from both sides of the fence which need answers. You keep speculating based on what you are being fed by those who are against the West, standing to the right of those who need change of government. Whatever the change may be it can not be said to be perfect but Al Assad must go for other things to start off from there.

As regard your question, there are secret intelligence pointing to evidence the chemical weapon used came from Al Assad camp, even at the denial by the president himself. Sarin can not easily be manufactured by peasant rebel fighters, the locations where the weapons came from point to the government controlled areas, those attacked are people on the support of those fighting to remove Al Assad from Syria,etc. These are potent common senses on one hand and secret intelligence gathered by US on the other hand. If you are looking for irrefutable proofs on who used this weapon, it's clear you need not to look further. Locations can't lie, those killed are not just ordinary Syrians but those who opted for Al Assad to leave. You are blinding yourself to the fact based on sentimental conviction that he claimed not to have ordered the attacks makes it right he is not responsible for them.

Now my question to you. Can you prove with irrefutable proofs that Al Assad government is not responsible for the use of the Sarin gas all rather the chemical weapon?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
I only sorry for South Africa that is being pushed around(by BRICS) to support Syria. It is clear Jacob Zuma is very unlikely to see why the use of chemical weapon should be highly condemned in Syria. SA on their slavery mentality again!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Underground: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Underground: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oga (or is it madam?) puff-puff! Abeg no ves o!

all4naija:

From a clear perspective we have seen that rebels are not altogether terrorists. They could be those fighting for their rights, secession and those fighting to dethrone a dictator. That is evident in Qaddafi's Libya. For you to have supported such propaganda by Al Assad regime that the rebels are terrorists make the whole issue looks as though there are no people genuinely fighting for the course of self-government, the government of the people, by the people and for the people, the democracy as we know it. ?

I didn't say that they were ALL terrorists but a good proportion of them are. The Al Assad government itself didn't push this propaganda. This is well reported even in the mainstream media. Or didn't you get the memo that read, on CNN, how Al Nusra terrorists seized Maaloula two days ago with the fate that awaits Christians living there feared for; how a video was released by the New York Times some days back showing how government soldiers were brutally murdered in cold blood while kneeling down with their hands tied behind their backs; or how a catholic priest was beheaded; or how a public execution of government collaborators was staged at a public square;or how bodies were hurled off rooftops, etc
How caution has been advised on several media by countless analysts and military commanders lest the whole situation spirals out of control should Jihadists take over if/when the Assad regime falls...Assad controls all these media right? He controls what the editors and journalists and reporters report right? Or perhaps you can inform us how exactly Assad sells his propaganda...I am waiting...

all4naija: The truth there is infiltration among those fighting to remove Assad government is palpable there is also fact there are those genuinely fighting to be freed of the present regime dictatorship and tyranny. How are we not sure some of the rebels are coming from the Al Assad? How are you going to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Al Assad is not working behind the picture? Can we be sure it is not his government that is behind the infiltration to stay in power as a way to distract the West from supporting those genuinely fighting for the entrenchment of democracy in Syria? [/i]

Lol! So Assad has been so busy and he has so much resources and time at his disposal that he would actually sponsor these rebels to take over certain regions of his country, kill his soldiers and unleash unprecedented bloodletting and destruction on his people and country? WOW!

all4naija: You see, there are questions from both sides of the fence which need answers. You keep speculating based on what you are being fed by those who are against the West, standing to the right of those who need change of government. Whatever the change may be it can not be said to be perfect but Al Assad must go for other things to start off from there.[/i]

Well, since you are such a passionate champion for democracy and want to see dictatorships removed. You should also focus your attention on Saudi Arabia and Bahrain where uprisings have also been crucially crushed.....But wait, these regimes are in cahoots with the US, so I guess these pro-democracy uprisings are not legit....

all4naija: As regard your question, there are secret intelligence pointing to evidence the chemical weapon used came from Al Assad camp, even at the denial by the president himself. Sarin can not easily be manufactured by peasant rebel fighters, the locations where the weapons came from point to the government controlled areas, those attacked are people on the support of those fighting to remove Al Assad from Syria,etc. These are potent common senses on one hand and secret intelligence gathered by US on the other hand. If you are looking for irrefutable proofs on who used this weapon, it's clear you need not to look further. Locations can't lie, those killed are not just ordinary Syrians but those who opted for Al Assad to leave. You are blinding yourself to the fact based on sentimental conviction that he claimed not to have ordered the attacks makes it right he is not responsible for them.[/i]

There is Intelligence this...... , There is Intelligence that................... Oga, where is the evidence o!!!! I believe you know that in a US court of law, you cannot be convicted based on "high confidence" or "application of common sense" or "circumstantial evidence" or is there more to this flimsy 6 page report that the US is desperately basing its case upon that I fail to see??

Besides the rebels have indeed been caught with Sarin gas by Turkish authorities a few months back. A lead UN chemical weapons investigator, Carla De Ponte a few months back also expressed her suspicions about the rebels been the culprits behind the chemical attack at Khan Al-Asal...So it's not a matter of manufacturing Sarin that is the point here but access to it.

all4naija: Now my question to you. Can you prove with irrefutable proofs that Al Assad government is not responsible for the use of the Sarin gas all rather the chemical weapon?[/i]

Exactly! That is the point.......I can't. Neither can you!So why bomb another country and put thousands of innocent lives in harms way just because of a bruised ego that needs to be restored?Why not wait for the outcome of the UN investigation?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
all4naija: I only sorry for South Africa that is being pushed around(by BRICS) to support Syria. It is clear Jacob Zuma is very unlikely to see why the use of chemical weapon should be highly condemned in Syria. SA on their slavery mentality again!

I believe every world leader including even Jacob Zuma has condemned the use of chemical weapons. What they are awaiting as I earlier mentioned is the outcome of the UN investigation before the next course of action can be taken - and reasonably so.

I don't see how and why you have dragged Jacob Zuma into the fray and what if -if at all- the economic or geopolitical considerations that materialize by virtue of being a member of BRICS come to the fore? Have you heard of America's Israel Lobby or AIPAC and so many other geopolitical and economic institutions? I believe you are also a victim of that syndrome that Thoth mentioned earlier.

thoth:

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 10, 2013
NairaMinted: Oga (or is it madam?) puff-puff! Abeg no ves o!

I didn't say that they were ALL terrorists but a good proportion of them are. The Al Assad government itself didn't push this propaganda. This is well reported even in the mainstream media. Or didn't you get the memo that read, on CNN, how Al Nusra terrorists seized Maaloula two days ago with the fate that awaits Christians living there feared for; how a video was released by the New York Times some days back showing how government soldiers were brutally murdered in cold blood while kneeling down with their hands tied behind their backs; or how a catholic priest was beheaded; or how a public execution of government collaborators was staged at a public square;or how bodies were hurled off rooftops, etc
How caution has been advised on several media by countless analysts and military commanders lest the whole situation spirals out of control should Jihadists take over if/when the Assad regime falls...Assad controls all these media right? He controls what the editors and journalists and reporters report right? Or perhaps you can inform us how exactly Assad sells his propaganda...I am waiting...

Lol! So Assad has been so busy and he has so much resources and time at his disposal that he would actually sponsor these rebels to take over certain regions of his country, kill his soldiers and unleash unprecedented bloodletting and destruction on his people and country? WOW!

Well, since you are such a passionate champion for democracy and want to see dictatorships removed. You should also focus your attention on Saudi Arabia and Bahrain where uprisings have also been crucially crushed.....But wait, these regimes are in cahoots with the US, so I guess these pro-democracy uprisings are not legit....

There is Intelligence this...... , There is Intelligence that................... Oga, where is the evidence o!!!! I believe you know that in a US court of law, you cannot be convicted based on "high confidence" or "application of common sense" or "circumstantial evidence" or is there more to this flimsy 6 page report that the US is desperately basing its case upon that I fail to see??

Besides the rebels have indeed been caught with Sarin gas by Turkish authorities a few months back. A lead UN chemical weapons investigator, Carla De Ponte a few months back also expressed her suspicions about the rebels been the culprits behind the chemical attack at Khan Al-Asal...So it's not a matter of manufacturing Sarin that is the point here but access to it.

Exactly! That is the point.......I can't. Neither can you!So why bomb another country and put thousands of innocent lives in harms way just because of a bruised ego that needs to be restored?Why not wait for the outcome of the UN investigation?

It is absolutely true widespread reports have been on the lopsided favoring the government. The reason they are rebels quickly put them on the spotlights as evil, terrorists and to be kept at distance. For you to have forgotten that a well established rebel group like Hezbollah is fighting along side the government fighters calls for more to be demanding on your hard-held propaganda to make the other side(the Free Syrian Army) looks unworthy to be seen as fighting a just course. Most of the rebels linked to the brutal killings are coming from outside Syria. That proves there is packet of infiltration. From a rational standpoint, they could be sponsored by the regime to make those fighting a just course to look evil. This is taking place due to the nature of the war and Al Assad is very prolific in staging such a scenario to his own advantage. We have seen that during his father regime and the separation of Lebanon from the then Syria. This kind of manipulation of the moment to instigate opposition for a crime can be a very good weapon used by him - it's run along his family line. I think you need to read one or more about Syrian war, about Assad and the death of prime minister Hariri of Lebanon.

Concerning the beheaded Catholic priest(which I highly condemn),there are tendency something like that will definitely happen in a situation like that, most especially, in an Islamic nation where there is so much hatred for those who are not Muslims. Being a Catholic priest will give him a quick ticket to leave earth in the hands of the barbaric religious group. I highly condemn such thing but what more do you expect of religion fanatics who themselves hate anything on the opposition. Should we blame that on the genuine fighters? Should it be the reason to say the fight must stop? How are will not sure these are among the Iran/Assad plots to keep Assad in power? You are so much sensitive to what the media portray of a situation that has already spiraled out of control. It is still the same media that will demonize Al Assad and support those calling to provide the rebels with weapons in the past. I can't keep alluding to the fact there are bad eggs which need to be separated from those fighting for just course to get rid of Assad, yet the president has not created any avenue to dialogue in the past for the people to have their self-government. This is a reflection of the kind of person who he is, waiting for every moment to escalate into complication and use it to his advantage to look innocent. After-all he has succeeded in killing huge numbers of innocent Syrians and still not willing to stop. Such a dictator has no place in the modern world. I am completely in support of the toppling of his regime - either through hook or crook.

I repeat, Hezbollah, a known terrorist group is fighting for the regime and is ready to die for such course. Iranian groups, presenting themselves as army supporters for the regime are committing some crimes as well. They flog and beat Syrian army men on daily bases at checkpoints. I don't quite understand what you are going about with such over-exaggerated idea of 'Assad having the resources at his disposal to sponsor those rebels'. In the first place, I never said he is sponsoring them either. I only posed rhetorical questions to stimulate your brain toward the other direction rather than taking a side. All that matters to me is for Assad to leave that power to the people and let them decide their destiny. I know it is easier-said-than-done but I can see it in the ordinary Syrians they are ready to fight for their democracy. Many protested against the Al-Qaeda rebel infiltration and are not afraid to do so, even at the shedding of their blood. That, I call a sincere fight for justice - I hope USA support that.

How drawing a line to conclude a monarchical government in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain(which I think must be relief of absolute power) as dictatorial as in comparison to Assad is still a challenge to me. The excuse to that would put all monarch around the world in question. Whereas we know those nations have culture which must be addressed and exercised from the kingship part. I still don't understand how this really justifies Assad case in this argument. I would be interested to know about that from your next reply.

What more is there to intelligent human being able to process collation of reasonable facts to prove a point? (it is a rhetorical question though). It is like saying a house has been burgled and somebody caught nearby with carted away 25 carat gold wrist watch reported missing. Jeez! You are a pragmatist! Not everything requires long proofs before concluding on the premise. The use of chemical weapon in Syria seems to be one of them, if you asked me. Collated information is enough evidence to prove there has been Sarin gas attack on the civilians in Syria. How did the rebels lay their hand on such deadly gas is equivocally unrealistic when they don't have the ability to produce one? You failed to agree Assad didn't use the deadly weapon yet you are quick to accept the rebels did. How are we sure not the rebels who admitted or found with the gas are not Assad's? You are only taking side in this your very comment without looking into what has happened to the innocent Syrians.

There you go again. Have they been able to clarify us of the ones caught with the Sarin gas in Turkey where and how they got it? How rebels are able to get their hands on a highly protected deadly weapon is telling of Assad playing a game here.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2013
NairaMinted:

I believe every world leader including even Jacob Zuma has condemned the use of chemical weapons. What they are awaiting as I earlier mentioned is the outcome of the UN investigation before the next course of action can be taken - and reasonably so.

I don't see how and why you have dragged Jacob Zuma into the fray and what if -if at all- the economic or geopolitical considerations that materialize by virtue of being a member of BRICS come to the fore? Have you heard of America's Israel Lobby or AIPAC and so many other geopolitical and economic institutions? I believe you are also a victim of that syndrome that Thoth mentioned earlier.

Jacob Zuma taking side with the Russian Putin is purely an economic block thing. Condemning an attack is one thing but supporting a vicious dictator is another. So, there is no sincere approach here than tongue-in-cheek one. South Africa has disgraced Africa again.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 10, 2013
Tumisang: Ahh, duffer, I see my SA is still giving you sleepless nights - nice! cool

You can call SA and Zuma every name in the book. Fact is, there would still be no "N" in BRICS. grin grin

Africa is not SA's responsibility!!
Lol... Did I ask for Nigeria to be included in BRICS in any of my comments? SA is the underdog being used by the bigger boys(Russia and China) in the economy block. When is the slavery mentality going to leave SA? Can't your government speak for itself for once? JEEZ! It is annoying though to see the self-acclaimed African most powerful country controls on what to do Like a suckling child!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 1:22am On Sep 10, 2013
In almost all your posts if not all, you keep stressing on the possibility of Assad being behind the rebels or behind certain attacks. "What if he is the one that staged it? What if it is the Iranians that staged it? What if this? What if that?" !!! Assad then must be a very deceptive, cunning fella with a lot of time and resources on his side

Ok, so following your cue, let us, in your own words, stimulate the brain in the other direction as well. What if it is the the US along with its allies are the ones playing games?
In the same vein, what if Obama really isn't Obama and the real president has been kidnapped? cool cool cool
You see where all these is leading to? ......Nowhere!
You can't keep making open-ended assumptions and ignore cold, hard facts that are right in front of you......What we know as facts as pertaining to what these rebels have done- in the absence of any other contrary fact - is what we have to work with and settle for..It is that simple

I mentioning Bahrain is not in any way meant to justify Assad's supposed legitimacy but to highlight how pro-democracy movements in certain countries aren't palatable as far as Washington's foreign policy is concerned; whether that country is a monarchy or not. So they people don't have a say in the way the want to be governed cos the king knows it all?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 10, 2013
NairaMinted: In almost all your posts if not all, you keep stressing on the possibility of Assad being behind the rebels or behind certain attacks. "What if he is the one that staged it? What if it is the Iranians that staged it? What if this? What if that?" !!! Assad then must be a very deceptive, cunning fella with a lot of time and resources on his side

Ok, so following your cue, let us, in your own words, stimulate the brain in the other direction as well. What if it is the the US along with its allies are the ones playing games?
In the same vein, what if Obama really isn't Obama and the real president has been kidnapped? cool cool cool
You see where all these is leading to? ......Nowhere!
You can't keep making open-ended assumptions and ignore cold, hard facts that are right in front of you......What we know as facts as pertaining to what these rebels have done- in the absence of any other contrary fact - is what we have to work with and settle for..It is that simple

I mentioning Bahrain is not in any way meant to justify Assad's supposed legitimacy but to highlight how pro-democracy movements in certain countries aren't palatable as far as Washington's foreign policy is concerned; whether that country is a monarchy or not. So they people don't have a say in the way the want to be governed cos the king knows it all?

You refuse to see they are rhetorical questions. Anyway, you need to addressed my comments from the argument perspective than playing on words.

Thank you
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 10, 2013
All your posts about SA are filled with pain, anger and frustration and I love it. So please, don't ever stop! Funny how this "slave" always manage to get you all worked up! cool grin grin

Last year there was a resolution presented to the Security Council which almost all countries voted in favour of but the "underdog" withheld its vote because the resolution was too one sided and in favour of the rebels. Despite what you may think (which is irrelevant, anyway) we can stand on our own, neither Russia, China nor any other world power has ever spoken or made decisions on our behalf. This continental power will support decisions that are in the best interest of Syrians and not your lying, war mongering America.

While giants were in Russia making serious decisions, a self-proclaimed giant was sitting at home! Go figure undecided
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
Tumisang: All your posts about SA are filled with pain, anger and frustration and I love it. So please, don't ever stop! Funny how this "slave" always manage to get you all worked up! cool grin grin

Last year there was a resolution presented to the Security Council which almost all countries voted in favour of but the "underdog" withheld its vote because the resolution was too one sided and in favour of the rebels. Despite what you may think (which is irrelevant, anyway) we can stand on our own, neither Russia, China nor any other world power has ever spoken or made decisions on our behalf. This continental power will support decisions that are in the best interest of Syrians and not your lying, war mongering America.

While giants were in Russia making serious decisions, a self-proclaimed giant was sitting at home! Go figure undecided

Are you afraid to quote me? The truth is that there is nothing painful,anger and frustrated in any of my posts about SA. It comes at the right time when your country can't speak for itself only to be pushed around by Russia and China(such economic block I wouldn't want Nigeria to be included). It is clear this will gradually dwindles your country's power with such a poor view to peace in the world. How in the whole wide world would Jacob Zuma allowed his country to side with a dictator using chemical weapon on his people while SA is enjoying democracy and freedom? That to me is a cheat and a very mean approach to your country's stand.

It is still a big shame on your country and Jacob Zuma's support. Spare me all the smiles and laughs. Your country is failing Africa in many capacities. We have seen how your country military messed up in CAR,etc
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 1:47am On Sep 11, 2013
all4naija:

Are you afraid to quote me? The truth is that there is nothing painful,anger and frustrated in any of my posts about SA. It comes at the right time when your country can't speak for itself only to be pushed around by Russia and China(such economic block I wouldn't want Nigeria to be included). It is clear this will gradually dwindles your country's power with such a poor view to peace in the world. How in the whole wide world would Jacob Zuma allowed his country to side with a dictator using chemical weapon on his people while SA is enjoying democracy and freedom? That to me is a cheat and a very mean approach to your country's stand.

It is still a big shame on your country and Jacob Zuma's support. Spare me all the smiles and laughs. Your country is failing Africa in many capacities. We have seen how your country military messed up in CAR,etc

All Government Opposition to the Syrian Government are terrorist before and now, they have continued to inflict terror on the Syrian Civilians. You just have been lying and lying and lying all the while , trying to twist the truth does not make the real truth twisted.
Name one of the fighting groups in Syria which is not a terrorist organization or not linked to Al-Qaeda or have not committed a terrorist act against Civilians.

How can you simply jump to the conclusion that the Syrian government used chemical weapons without showing any proof that they did, you were just trying to coerce us all into believing your stance just like the west without putting forth any credible evidence against our concerns.

South African is not a puppet nation like Nigeria and that means they can independently take a stand which they believes serves the best interest of the south African people and world peace at large.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by cactusland(m): 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
omenka:

I think the US is on point on this call. The consequences of the US standing down after what Asad did to his own people would be more dire. It would give other rogue and beligerent regimes around the world the impetus to deploy such weapons against percieved enemies.

This is gonna be unlike Iraq or Afghanistan. There would be no boots on ground, just ariel strikes at some military infrastructure to reduce Asad's capability.

People like Asad are the reason why I still insist Mubarak is a patriot!! He didn't burn his country just to maintain his grip on power.

I feel people calling for the US not to act are only doing so just to sound politically correct. I mean, why should a whole country burn just for the selfish interest of ONE MAN It simply doesn't make any sense.
Six years later and you have been proven absolutely right.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 261
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.