Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30411 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by MrAladin: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Truth hurts! Did i touch a nerve? maybe i did

i Don't Think So Cos you Are Exposing ur super state of immorality.
How can a lady like be in support of killing an Innocent child. It's a shame indeed
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

and imo isn't own by Rochas

That is why the law presented by the state house was signed by him. That is an indication of what the citizens of Imo state want. And what they want is also something better than the alternative.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

hmmm. are you comparing an unknown old lady who appeared attached to me yester yester night night grin to my own baby, my flesh and blood who has a whole life ahead of him or her. I will not feel obliged to keep the baby but i definitely wont get rid of it without 2nd thoughts as if it were just an inanimate appendage

You see, if you want the baby, the law isn't for you! What the law does is allow people that doesn't want the baby to get rid of it.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2013
Okorocha has legalized murder.

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2013
I_am_Lamar: Whether she got pregnant through Rape or at will doesn't give her the right to Murder a gift from God. This Law is simply evil
u call a pregnancy resulting from a lecherous father molesting his 13yrs old daughter a gift from God? Smh 4 u
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2013
biafranqueen: so how many children without parents do you support
Listen, there are motherless baby homes. Let those mother that consider their children "unwanted" go there and dump them; and let the public take care of the rest. Your question is irrelevant to the discuss. If you know any motherless baby home that is lacking; it is your responsibility as a citizen of Alaigbo to raise awareness for them. I don't know of any, and would hence forth look for ways to contribute positively to the cause. Good point though. Abortion is murder
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Asabeq(f): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Fooooooool
Garri the 1st: These Catholic doctors should go and sleep joor.

The Law specifically mentions situations in which a woman can legitimately seek abortion. Women must of course have necessary rights to determine what happens to their body.

If a lady is RAP£D and becomes pregnant she has a right to abort the pregnancy if she so desires.

Nigeria isn't a Christian state, hence Christians should know that even the bible's stance on abortion is binding only on conscientious christians and shouldn't form the law of a state.

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mildteddy(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Reptyle:

Sentimental hogwash at best! Like Biafranqueen asked another nairalander earlier, until you state here on this forum one motherless babies home that you actively support with your God given resources, you can take this your holier-than-the-pope act and shove it where the sun don't shine.

You are not more Christian than I am and I insist that there are situations where women should be given the legal choice to procure an abortion. The only modification I would make to the law if I had the power to, is that doctors should also be given the choice of declining to carry out an abortion if it goes against their moral code. In such a situation, they must refer the patient immediately, especially in situations where there is an obvious threat to life.

This law only gives a legal backing to a woman who under any of the aforementioned conditions, DECIDES FREELY of her own volition, to procure an abortion without needing to suffer the scathing reproach from the Bible-thumping hypocrites that abound on Nairaland.
You're good with words. Bravo. How about a laud of applause. Reminds me of Obama with his eloquence and rhetorics while he was defending his gay laws.
You're good and I see your point. Good point though if I'm looking at it from your point of view, very liberal point of view which I love most especially when they don't involve taking human lives!
I'll appreciate if u respect my view too, because it's for the love of humanity and God.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Okorocha has legalized murder.
Please remove that picture!! cry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2013
adeaugustus:

You don't get the point! Not until you stop being emotional, and look at the issue from a neutral/normal perspective.

A baby conceived after the usage of contraceptive pills or condom is also a parasite too, obviously it's not wanted!

WORD!!!!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2013
themaskedman:
You know this is a very stupid comment. Imo State may not be owned by Catholics but still Catholics have they right to fight against what goes against their belief. Catholics have been fighting against abortion and anti pro life policies in the USA a country more religiously diverse than Imo State and nobody has told them America doesn‘t belong to them alone. The Catholic doctors have given their reasons why not give your own in support and move on.
Btw do you know that if voting were to be done on religious line strictly, Catholics will always carry the day in Imo State?

This is an extremely stupid response. They have that right but that doesn't mean they can impose their totally religious views on everyone they can affect. What is their reason? And just how valid is this reason of theirs? You're welcome to state it and defend it. Merely saying "my church says it is wrong" or "the law is anti-God" means that they're not ready to seriously defend their views.

So what? It tells you that the voting people are smarter than Catholic dogma dictates. In fact, despite the stance of the Catholic church on contraception, most Catholic women actually use contraception. So, try to use your brain when trying to present an argument.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thoth: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2013
actually even though the law states the condition on which abortion is allowed, what many of you fail to understand is that in the court of law it has several interpretaions. A woman can simply decide to abort a baby simply because she FEELS that it was not what she wants and therefore a concern to her health, there are many ways the whole line can be twisted.

Today i was informed that the law was drafted by USAID and they sorted the House of Assembly after the first attempt was rejected.

These USAID and others knows quite well what they are doing, it is we africans and our inferiority complex result in our quest to feel like to qhite man that is confused, very soon divorce laws will be introdued and i know people will like to sound modern and support it while our society disintegrates.

A woman who wants to spite you can abort your baby on basis of health reasons if she states that she does not feel healthy enough to proceed with the pregnancy.

May God help Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]I support the termination of a Pregnancy under every circumstance, bar none.. These include;

1. R@pe
2. Incest.. (This type of abortion should be encouraged because of the biological effect it has on future generations.. )
3. Threat to the Mothers Life..
4. Financial disability.
5. Unwanted Pregnancy.

YES!! If the baby dont feel right, get rid of it. I'd rather not be born, than to be born and dumped off in a foster home, or a garbage can, made to suffer, come out with biological defects because family members were interfucking, or that my daddy was the famous Robber SHINA RAMBO, e.t.c...

The only clause I will add to this Law is that the decision for an abortion must lie solely with the mother of the baby and that she must be aged 21 at the time of her making this decision..

To all those saying only if the mothers life is in danger, My question now becomes, who made you the judge of who gets to live and who gets to be killed?!
[/b]
I liked your post, wish I could do it over and over again.

1billion Likes!!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Asabeq(f): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2013
You could honestly make your point without cooking up stories to tarnish a group of peoples image. Tell us your sisters have had it uncountable times,we will understand ok! Fooool

Idi Amin: Seriously, catholics should stop this their "holier than thou" attitude. Why are they complaining when their so called Rev SISTERS are the major players in "ABORTION SECTOR". I just read the article in between the lines now and understood the content of the bill. Why would a woman keep a pregnancy for an armed robber/rapist or a pregnancy that might endanger her life? undecided

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mildteddy(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2013
biafranqueen: I believe you I will e message you a reminder in November Dalu!
No, Dalu.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2013
There is no excuse for murder; therefore there is no excuse for abortion. Abortion is murder
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2013
crowntoro: shocked so wat is meaning of abortion? Enlighten me pls

Okay, I will.

Abortion: The act of inducing the cessation of pregnancy.

Murder: An act of deliberate killing of another being, especially a human.

Take the time to get yourself informed on the issues.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2013
3ace: I am surprised at this comment particularly coming from a lady. Are you saying a female should keep a pregnancy for a ràpist? I pray it doesn't happen to you.
what if your mother was raped and you where the result, wld u ve asked to be aborted? besides read what your bible says about killing unborn children....
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2013
fr3do: They are already arguing when they've not defined when a Scott becomes a foetus (undeveloped baby).

I think abortion should be allowed when the mother's health is PROVED to be in danger.

In the case of molestation,spermicides should be made available to victims (this is the work of women's affairs,to also create awareness).
Victims who are already pregnant should keep it.
Well said...
People don't even know the extent to which some "Catholics" drags their arguments. They also claim that the male sperm, if restricted from reaching the female foetus in anyway, it is abortion (dat is no contraceptives). That's their opinion.
I bliv women shld choose whether to keep a pregnancy or not, cos they ar the once to bear the burden of pregnancy or child-birth.
Finally, not even the Priests won't let their daughters keep a pregnancy resulting of rape from a mad man!!!
#lastBullet- the law isn't meant for you to criticise, neither does it force people towh have an abortion. No one says u mst do it!!!
I wonder y it is a problem for you hypocrites.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu: There is no excuse for murder; therefore there is no excuse for abortion. Abortion is murder

So if the baby will kill the mother, let her die.. grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Asabeq(f): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2013
PLease add Taraba to that list wink
chukwudi44: If okorocha does not handle this well,it will end very badly for him politically.Never underestimate the power of the catholic church in the south east especially in imo,anambra and enugu states.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2013
thehomer:

Okay, I will.

Abortion: The act of inducing the cessation of pregnancy.

Murder: An act of deliberate killing of another being, especially a human.

Take the time to get yourself informed on the issues.
The problem this country has is partly due to ignorance and "I support the motion" attitude.

The same way some "runz" girl keep screaming, tweeting "Child not Bride" forgetting that we're fighting for them too...
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=FLYGERIAN91]what if your mother was raped and you where the result, wld u ve asked to be aborted? besides read what your
bible says about killing unborn children....

angry

Dumb question!!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by fagin1982(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44: Rochas had better be careful!!! If he decides to fight the catholic church which comprises about 70% of the states population he will be finised politically.He should not forget what happeded to Ohakim and how he got to power in the first place.Abortion is murder except when the pregnacy endangers the mother's life.Even if a child comes from rape he should be allowed to live

Those of you arguing oterwise,assuming of your daughter is raped and somehow manages to give birth to a baby resulting from its pregancy will it be rigt to still kill the baby after it has already been born simply because his father was a rapist?

So it becomes murder even when the child is a few hours old but legal abortion even when the mother is 8 months pregmants.Taking of human life is bad.There is no two ways about it.

It is simply a use of differant terminologies to describe the same act

Godbless you Bro...
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Pyrrho:
Well said...
People don't even know the extent to which some "Catholics" drags their arguments. They also claim that the male sperm, if restricted from reaching the female foetus in anyway, it is abortion (dat is no contraceptives). That's their opinion.
I bliv women shld choose whether to keep a pregnancy or not, cos they ar the once to bear the burden of pregnancy or child-birth.
Finally, not even the Priests won't let their daughters keep a pregnancy resulting of rape from a mad man!!!
#lastBullet- the law isn't meant for you to criticise, neither does it force people towh have an abortion. No one says u mst do it!!!
I wonder y it is a problem for you hypocrites.

If catholics had their ways, they would have proved to us that Vatican is heaven. They never wanted science to grow.

#mind you, I am a Christian ooo
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2013
it seems that on NL anyone who does not share your opinion is a 'hypocrite'. A hypocrite can be defined as follows; (1)A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for. (2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

In other words you cannot call someone a hypocrite if you do not know the person very well. You cannot simply deduce from a person's comments that he is not living what he is trying to preach.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2013
adeaugustus:

You see, if you want the baby, the law isn't for you! What the law does is allow people that doesn't want the baby to get rid of it.

so it all boils down to wanting or not wanting. let me tell you a true story. very early last Saturday morning, a young lady in my neighbourhood gave birth to a baby boy and dumped him in the garbage bin because she wasnt sure who the father was. luckily someone heard the cries of the baby and he was saved. he is now being taken care off and will probably be given to another young couple who have been looking for the fruits of the womb for years. Do you think the mother did the right thing?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by jamiu4real(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2013
This is so bad.....
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by patpaul: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2013
the beginning of the end to APC!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Policewoman(f): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2013
me i don talk my own finish. Killing an unborn child is inhuman and immoral.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2013
When you kill a life in the womb, they call it ABORTION but when you kill a life born out of the womb, they call it MURDER. Same act but different terminologies. ABORTION = MURDER
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

so it all boils down to wanting or not wanting. let me tell you a true story. very early last Saturday morning, a young lady in my neighbourhood gave birth to a baby boy and dumped him in the garbage bin because she wasnt sure who the father was. luckily someone heard the cries of the baby and he was saved. he is now being taken care off and will probably be given to another young couple who have been looking for the fruits of the womb for years. Do you think the mother did the right thing?
No! Because she could have aborted the baby. She has not only punished her self by carrying an unwanted foetus, she has successfully created a problem by giving birth to a child that would probably not be well taken care of. See?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Petrol Pump Price Reduced To N121.50 By FG / Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu Launches SWAGA '23 In Lagos / Buhari Attends NDA Passing Out Parade In Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.