Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" - Politics (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" (165158 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Politics Chat Thread, Discuss Nigerian Politics Here But Dont Get Picked Up / First Lady, Aisha Buhari Closes Beauty Parlour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Straighttime: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
nairalanda1:
On this site, the usual tribalism continues as does the usual PDP Vs APC thing

I doubt that anyone here is really interested in having a discussion about how to develop Nigeria. The fact is , government is not listening and any flowery speech you write here is tinged with the idea that you won't get it published or even implemented

So all we have left is the ethnic game and the PDP Vs APC game.

How can Nigeria develop with hatred and deep ethnic division.

There must be justice and sense of belonging before you sit in a table to discuss developments.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ladies and gentlemen, the site fell again

A lot of talking done about improvements
Now we back up.

Let us see.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
The basic problem on nairaland is how to deal with tribalism

Obviously, the first thing needed now is to employ more moderators. It's a full time job, it is. Maybe we need more AI on the site as well.

Second, we somehow as members need to know how to argue with facts. But I guess that arguing with facts ...I mean, I can come here and give everyone a beautiful theses of how Nigeria should work, and at the end, I know that no one important is listening to what I have to say, and half the crew here is here to label me PDP or APC supporter. and the other half, a liar, and a drunkard...

But that's the thing...the issue is cynicism. Nigerians are tired , honestly. And no matter how many wonderful ideas you have, even if you are in government, you won't have the means of carrying them out.(No, I am not defending APC, honest.).

It is cynicism that is driving the tribalisim here. You can't beat that.

1 Like

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by dododawa1: 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beer Na water,I don dey high small small
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
Last call.

Time to head out. cheesy
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18
Glory, glory to you, my land,
Glory, you are our Land.
Let it be forever strong
Our beloved home country.

Be alive, be sensible, our whole land!

Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Hurrah!

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

I have loved thee too well.....

Some time ago, someone gave me some good advice. I am now going to take that advice, and ...
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15
cheesy

Well, I have thrown out my arm, and there it is.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 10:25am On Feb 21
Half and loaf
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by nairalanda1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 15
Goori.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (Reply)

Late Abba Kyari With His Beautiful Family (Photo) / Jega Live On NTA: INEC Stage Is Set For The Announcement Of Presidential Result / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.