Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? (4931 Views)

Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by pheesayor(m): 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2008
For over a week I've been seeing posters of Tuface's new album titled 'Enter the Place' and Kennis Music was nowhere to be found on the Poster. Instead, Hypertek, Hippodrum records and Happy Boiz Entertainment on marketing.

The date on the poster was before 9th June but up till now the album has gotten nowhere near the market.

Does this mean Tuface Idibia has left the label that made him what he is today?

Just thinking,
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by ztyle(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2008
Dude i don't think so,well i have to do some research on that.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by mikhail: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
yes tuface has left Kennis music
He only singed a two album contract, which ended with the Grass to Grace album.
why do u think Kennis went on to sign Olu maintain.
it is just to get another artiste the will keep the label up.

For tuface i think both parties have helped each other alot imagine kennis without 2face:
I don't see any artiste there anymore all there artistes have gone (KC presh, Tetuila, Eedris)
Now it jst (sound sultan, Marvellous, Olu maintain) which are good on there own but not compared to tuface.

I think 9ice is kennis next target.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by lalaboi(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
correction!

olu maitain is not a kennis music artist!
he has his own label! he signed a promotional contract with kennis music! thats all!

i dnt think 9ice needs kenis music now! i'ld rather him join mo hits than kennis! kennis is whacked out nw!
what will it take them to renew 2face's contract!

i heard he's also a konvict! is dat tru?
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by ztyle(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
Good News! grin
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by unix4real1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2008
pheesayor:

For over a week I've been seeing posters of Tuface's new album titled 'Enter the Place' and Kennis Music was nowhere to be found on the Poster. Instead, Hypertek, Hippodrum records and Happy Boiz Entertainment on marketing.

The date on the poster was before 9th June but up till now the album has gotten nowhere near the market.

Does this mean Tuface Idibia has left the label that made him what he is today?

Just thinking,

So because dem make am wetin e be today so make he come die there?

We all need to move on my guy.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Samuel1580: 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2008
Tuface has left Kennis as a record label, but he still has "management contract" with em, so when they get him shows they will only take their percentage usually 20% depending on the management company and artiste agreement.

And Olu maintain also signed the same deal with Kennis ( Management deal), but the last i heard was that they are not on good terms because Olu went behind kennis back to get a deal the company has penned for him,
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by raino: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2008
Is it now news for an artiste to leave his label? Contracts will always end.Period.Its about time 2baba left kennis music.He has been there for too long.The company did a good job in his music career and so did he.Parting ways with them is a sign of moving up to the next level.As long as the parting is peaceful aint nothing to it.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by McDreamy: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2008
So?
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by lobinoxebe(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2008
One thing about recording label you guys dont know is that, they give you name not money,

Kenies has already helped two face gat the name and little money, 2face should move on wit his own stuff.

let me give you an example,

If 2 face was signed for 20MIllion Nairal for one year and two albums were released

2face first album sold more than 14Million copies, times that 14million by 90 naira, how much is that, Tell me
N1260000000,

so how artist won make money, itz high time for 2face to move on
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by lawyer(m): 12:02am On Jun 14, 2008
lobinoxebe:

One thing about recording label you guys don't know is that, they give you name not money,

Kenies has already helped two face gat the name and little money, 2face should move on wit his own stuff.

If 2 face was signed for 20MIllion Nairal for one year and two albums were released

2face first album sold more than 14Million copies, times that 14million by 90 naira, how much is that, Tell me
N1260000000,

Rubbish!!, you know nothing about the music industry talkless of how music contracts are drafted. Your crazy allusions on how kennis music made money through your illogical mathmatical calculations is vapid to say the least. Get close to a music lawyer and know what goes on at the back ground instead of basing your rumours from soundcity or hip hop world
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Baro(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2008
Oga lawyer may you please tell us then undecided
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by fastmoney(m): 1:08am On Jun 15, 2008
lobinoxebe:

One thing about recording label you guys don't know is that, they give you name not money,

N1260000000,

14 million copies?? are u silly or just completely stupid, 14 plats off one album, nigga pease talk wise or shut up.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Uzzyan: 1:55am On Jun 15, 2008
U guys free this guy nowww
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Samuel1580: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2008
14 million copies!!!? common man, as big as Gongo Aso (9ice) is, it has just sold 400,000 copies.
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by baslone: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
The way you guys dey always mention figures
don dey fear me for this forum. If it is not copies,it is naira

14 million!!! shocked
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by ogrebuga(m): 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2008
Er. how many copies did MJ's thriller sell again? 14 million ko, 140 million ni! Thunder faya your mouth
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by TheSly: 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
Mic Check!
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by mrmetoo(m): 12:23am On Jun 18, 2008
@pheesayor

I see you're still in the business of 2face hating? Good Job. . . I hope work is going well o but check this out. . .

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/2428/3/im-grateful-to-kennis-music-says-2face.html

I hope that answered all your burning questions, all I had to do was google 2face and check the news section and voila. . . i found the story. Hating on 2face must be hard work but I have to admire your tenacity. By the way, how is your boy doing?
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by baslone: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2008
mr me too:

@pheesayor

I see you're still in the business of 2face hating? Good Job. . . I hope work is going well o but check this out. . .

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/2428/3/im-grateful-to-kennis-music-says-2face.html

I hope that answered all your burning questions, all I had to do was google 2face and check the news section and whala. . . i found the story. Hating on 2face must be hard work but I have to admire your tenacity. By the way, how is your boy doing?

I don yarn am before,na small remain dem for murder me!
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by hommie47: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2008
lawyer:

Rubbish!!, you know nothing about the music industry talkless of how music contracts are drafted. Your crazy allusions on how kennis music made money through your illogical mathmatical calculations is vapid to say the least. Get close to a music lawyer and know what goes on at the back ground instead of basing your rumours from soundcity or hip hop world

lawyer thank you very much

fastmoney:

14 million copies?? are u silly or just completely stupid, 14 plats off one album, nigga pease talk wise or shut up.

fastmoney men! u have no idea. a nig album is about $1, an american album is $18.
psquares gameover has done lots of plats rite now
rick ross album, or even tpain's epiphany(released last year), hasnt reached 1 million
naija music is quality but cheap
so, like i said
u have no idea
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by lobinoxebe(m): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2008
i believe say i no see wetini type man,

Na 1.4million copies i won talk, make una big mouth dey get pad lock,
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by abdurrazaq(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2008
@lobinoxebe
Take ur time reviewing what you typed especially when it involves sensitive issues like album sales next time. Dem fit crucify you for here o grin

Even 1.4 million copies, I still don't believe it, no be kennis, those guy fit shout, even if it is 700,000 copies you sell then fit say na 7000,000 copies so far you are still in their good book. Anyway, that is business strategy

Good luck to 2face, wish him more success in his future endeavours
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Bblak(f): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
He definitely has to move on.Gdluck 2face cool
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by ztyle(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2008
True Talk Bblak? i miss u yea! kiss
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by Bblak(f): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2008
Yes oooooo Ztyle. Take this too kiss kiss grin
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by dready(f): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2008
I just got his latest effort, NA SPOIL WE, SPOIL WE NOR DEY THIEF that na the slogan wen he dey shout for the song, then for one line for ENTER THE PLACE track, the maga say baby 'follow me enta the place if true true you nor go get belle', NA WA SHA, i still dey wish am best of lucks ooo
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by pheesayor(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2008
mr me too:

@pheesayor

I hope that answered all your burning questions, all I had to do was google 2face and check the news section and voila. . . i found the story. Hating on 2face must be hard work but I have to admire your tenacity. By the way, how is your boy doing?
me I no hate ooo, it's just what I saw and why will I hate a Star who just moved in very close to my house, besides I like his music it's just that I prefer someone else. I heard that the album was finally dropped yesterday so I'll get a copy, check it out and get back to you. My boi is also dropping his soon including remixes from INDEPENDENT
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by rockyfela(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2008
pls do cos ive not seen any info abt his new album drop
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by jgillz: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
rockyfela:

please do because ive not seen any info about his new album drop

He is still working on his new album,  though he released some singles recently. The tracks on the CD includes: 1. Funky Niose (Skit), 2. Pako, 3. Enter the Place, 4. Anything ft. Rock Steady n d Hypertek family, 5. Pako (Remix),  then two sound tracks 4 Pako n Enter the Place.

No date has been announced for the release of the full album, yet. The Album 'll also feature R. Kelly, Bennie man, Chaka Demus & Pliers, Sway etc.

Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by markokriss: 12:13am On Jul 06, 2008
beatiful idea
Re: 2face Idibia Leaves Kennis? by markokriss: 12:13am On Jul 06, 2008
beatiful idea

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Kaywise - Bbnaija Lockdown 2020 Mix (born For This Vol. 6) / New Song: Klever Jay feat. 9ice - "Won Rope Oti Tan" / DOWNLOAD: Seyi Vibez – Fem • Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.