Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,677 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (19147 Views)

Poll: Is it ok to stop tithing temporarily to pay off your debtors?

Yes: 34% (37 votes)
No: 65% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / My Thoughts On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by eboweme: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2008
Oh boy no try am o, I was robbed at near Toyota of recently just because I refused to pay my tithe. Pls be warned.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by jydeboy: 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2008
eboweme:

Oh boy no try am o, I was robbed at near Toyota of recently just because I refused to pay my tithe. Please be warned.
I never knew God punishes people with armed robbery attacks. I hope yours would be the first and the last. Fact is may be you stole before and the law of karma took its toll on you.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2008

The poster is talking about completely suspending any giving to God in order to pay off debts, that will be wrong.

This is the original post still on page 1:

[Quote]
If you have a lot of debt, can you temporarily stop tithing while paying off the debt?

My dear sister, why would you want to lie korokoro to justify something that you admitted in your own reply is not a requirement for CHRISTians
What could be your motivation  
[/quote]

If you're going to quote me please READ correctly what I said. . .this is it again:
The poster is talking about completely suspending any giving to God[u] in order to pay off debts[/u], that will be wrong.
 I was saying the same thing the poster asked- to suspend all giving[u] until [/u] he pays off his debts. . . How did you read the same statement to mean I said the poster will completely stop giving? please biko take your time and read carefully, just because u disagree with me don't accuse me of being a liar.

I said it B4 I say it again. . . tithing as a requirement is no longer applicable to christians today, it is in the spirit of the practice, and so that the house of God will not lack, that I have chosen to continue in it. Give as God has given to you and according to your means.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2008
eboweme:

Oh boy no try am o, I was robbed at near Toyota of recently just because I refused to pay my tithe. Please be warned.
You must be a real first class mungun, who told you it was becos you didn't pay your tithes that you were robbed? Your pastor I think you should stop attending the church they are leading you astray!! imagine suggesting that GOD would send robbers after you for not paying what he did not ask of you in the first instance
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
One thing I don't like is people keep saying bad things happen to them because they missed thief tithe.

I have said it before and will say it again, that is utter rubbish. I've never paid tithe in my life and I've never been robbed before. Tithing is a thing of the spirit that needs personal conviction from God. If you pay it fine, if you don't fine all the same. 90% of the world's richest people never pay tithes and aren't even christians self. The richest man in Nigeria is not a Christian.

God loves a cheerful giver, be it in offering and/or tithe. God will NEVER punish any one he loves because they skipped their tithe,  God is not like man, he loves both the justs and the unjusts. He sent his son to die for the sins of men, that includes Christian, Non-Christians, the Tithers and the Non-Tithers.

Having said all these, it doesn't make perfect sense to go out of the Church, borrow money and not pay back. Even bible says owe no one money, Pay your rents, pay your debts, God sees your heart and knows you're not robbing him. If you're in need, go to Church and speak to your pastor, don't go to the bank and incur debt in the first place. Isn't the same Bible that says Debtors are servants to those who lend them. If you owe 7months house rent and someone gives you money, would you risk getting evicted just to pay tithe, That's utter foolishness. God wouldn't punish you for paying your rents, he's not a wicked God please.

He specifically said no evil will befall us, he said many will fall on our right hand and left, but they will not come near you. He said he will supply all our needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus. Guess what, none of those have TITHING as conditions attached to them.

Like I said earlier, if you're ok with paying tithe, we bless God for you. But don't tell us God will allow/do bad things to happen to people who don't
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by PurestBoy(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2008
Allta:

One thing I don't like is people keep saying bad things happen to them because they missed thief tithe.

I have said it before and will say it again, that is utter rubbish. I've never paid tithe in my life and I've never been robbed before. Tithing is a thing of the spirit that needs personal conviction from God. If you pay it fine, if you don't fine all the same. 90% of the world's richest people never pay tithes and aren't even christians self. The richest man in Nigeria is not a Christian.

God loves a cheerful giver, be it in offering and/or tithe. God will NEVER punish any one he loves because they skipped their tithe, God is not like man, he loves both the justs and the unjusts. He sent his son to die for the sins of men, that includes Christian, Non-Christians, the Tithers and the Non-Tithers.

Having said all these, it doesn't make perfect sense to go out of the Church, borrow money and not pay back. Even bible says owe no one money, Pay your rents, pay your debts, God sees your heart and knows you're not robbing him. If you're in need, go to Church and speak to your pastor, don't go to the bank and incur debt in the first place. Isn't the same Bible that says Debtors are servants to those who lend them. If you owe 7months house rent and someone gives you money, would you risk getting evicted just to pay tithe, That's utter foolishness. God wouldn't punish you for paying your rents, he's not a wicked God please.

He specifically said no evil will befall us, he said many will fall on our right hand and left, but they will not come near you. He said he will supply all our needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus. Guess what, none of those have TITHING as conditions attached to them.

Like I said earlier, if you're ok with paying tithe, we bless God for you. But don't tell us God will allow/do bad things to happen to people who don't

Abeg make u stop eating your tithe because 10% of what you earn is not your own. Don't say I no tel u ooo, Don't wait until you are robbed or encounter bad experience before you realise the need of tithing. Forget about those richest people, just do your own
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by orisebawo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2008
eboweme:

This is a very strange statement or maybe it is not the same God we are talking about here , we are talking about the almighthy God and not your local deity (god) who you pledged to supply 10 tubers of yam every month and for some reason you only supplied 9 tubers then it is obvious you should expect punishments in the form of accidents ,robberies and calamities.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by orisebawo(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2008
when a man gets N100 a month

Pays
N50 in rent
N10 in bills
N30 in Transportation to work
N10 for food
N20 for maintenance of loan.

How much tithes does he pay if we agree he has to pay 10% of his earnings, from the above example this guy has not earned anything and his in debt of N20 every month, does he then increase his debt to N30 or does he wait until such a time where his income is higher than his expenditure.

In most cases where all your bills are on direct debit and they go out on the same day your salary comes in, and leaves you with a net balance of N30 overdraft, how do you pay your tithes? and if you decide to pay it at all cost and incure additional debt, then how do you pay off the debt.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Datope(f): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2008
Tithing should be a personal thing depending on our relationship with God.

It is well.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2008
orisebawo:

when a man gets N100 a month

Pays
N50 in rent
N10 in bills
N30 in Transportation to work
N10 for food
N20 for maintenance of loan.

How much tithes does he pay if we agree he has to pay 10% of his earnings, from the above example this guy has not earned anything and his in debt of N20 every month, does he then increase his debt to N30 or does he wait until such a time where his income is higher than his expenditure.

In most cases where all your bills are on direct debit and they go out on the same day your salary comes in, and leaves you with a net balance of N30 overdraft, how do you pay your tithes? and if you decide to pay it at all cost and incure additional debt, then how do you pay off the debt.
 There's one thing we're all forgetting here. Christians look to God and the Holy Spirit for direction in everything.
Orisebawo if a person is faced with this kind of problem, take it to God and ask Him what would be best to do. We here can give all the advice and opinions but in the end the only way such a person will do what's right for his situation is if he does what God directs him to do. Whether decrease his giving or whatever.

It's easy to give when you have money, the real challenge is to still give even when you don't.

Remember the story of the widow in the bible living in poverty was still able to give all of the little that she had. Mark12:43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

Nobody is advocating giving by force, becos God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2008
@javarules,

I hope you realise that you are not paying tithe (10%) of your gross income as defined today (even though erroneously) by kola & pastors.
You say you spend/budget 60k monthly after paying 10k on debts & tithes, which means your total income is 70k monthly. Thus the 2k you pay as tithe is less than 3% of your income and CANNOT be descibed as tithes.
Therefore whatever blessings you are receiving is not because you tithes as you do not but rather in spite of your not tithing.
And that is in line with the Bible - no tithe required of CHRISTians.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by babamutu: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ poster, Why not, God will understand, as for pastors, they dont care,
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
Mark12:43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

Man, we both know Christ wasn't talking about Tithe in Mark12:43. As Christians, we need to give willingly because God loves a cheerful giver. Man I can't shout, but I know I've been doing even more than 10% of my earnings in offerings & cheerful giving. Both unto the Church and outside Church, becuase that's who I am ,  a natural giver.

You can't give what you don't have, the poor woman in Mark 12:43 had something to live on, and she did put everything down in offering, not TITHE!

Can you also remember when Disciples were asking Christ to sell an anointing oil from the Alabaster box woman and pay the poor with it? Here Christ's own response in his words (documented by Matt, Mark and Luke):

Mk 14: 4-9
4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made? 5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. they murmured against her. 6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me. 7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always. 8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying. 9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

@ PurestBoy

I don't eat 10% of my earnings, I actually give out average of 40% of my earnings in offerings and thanksgiving.
I can't be robbed, so I don't have to wait until I do. I can't encounter bad experience because I'm not disadvantaged. I'm not living my life based on the richest people, ofcourse I have an eternal life which I believe most of them don't.

All I've said can be cross referenced with the word of God. Can you please tell me when God said in his word, that I will be robbed or will experience bad things or will be raped or be damned? See, listen to what he said: "I Shall not lack anything good", "No Evil will Befall me", "Even if I walked through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil, because he is with me", "Many will gather for thy sake, and will fall for they sake". "Touch not my Anoited and Do my prophets no Harm", "With my eyes shall I behold many falling on my right hand and many on my left".

If you really understand the principles of biblical prosperity, you'll know that there is a purpose why Christ died for you sin, and there is a purpose why Holy Spirit came after he left. If you trully have the life of God in you, you will never go into Debt in the first place. Christ was made poor so that, through his poverty you will be rich. And God never conditioned any of the above with TITHE! So why are you prophesying doom for me now?

So, please, stop prophesing doom for me, just for your own sake, ABegi. Since the day i got born again, and received the spirit, I have never and will never lacked anything good. No weapon fashioned against me can prosper, and every tongues that rises against me in judgements shall be condemned ,  that is our heritage, not bad experiences, debts, robberies, failures, rape, calamities as you obviously believe in.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by joomiegal(f): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2008
In the frist instance tithing is not required of you by God as a christian. This topic as been exhaustively discussed in a similar thread i suggest you read it. It is titled "the truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes" Check it out via the link below

the above quote was made by kunleOshob.
@ KunleOshob,
so becos it has been "exhaustively discussed in a thread", and your conclusion was that God does not require it, he should take it as Gospel?

Na wa o!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2008
Allta:

Man, we both know Christ wasn't talking about Tithe in Mark12:43. As Christians, we need to give willingly because God loves a cheerful giver. Man I can't shout, but I know I've been doing even more than 10% of my earnings in offerings & cheerful giving. Both unto the Church and outside Church, becuase that's who I am ,  a natural giver.

You can't give what you don't have, the poor woman in Mark 12:43 had something to live on, and she did put everything down in offering, not TITHE!

Can you also remember when Disciples were asking Christ to sell an anointing oil from the Alabaster box woman and pay the poor with it? Here Christ's own response in his words (documented by Matt, Mark and Luke):

Mk 14: 4-9
4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made? 5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. they murmured against her. 6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me. 7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always. 8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying. 9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
  Allta, you're right Christ wasn't talking about tithe and neither was I. I was simply pointing out to the question by Ori that one should not use "poverty as an excuse not to give" (though you're right he had refered to tithe in his question).
  If you read my inputs I say that tithing is NOT a requirement for christians today BUT some like me choose to do it out of the spirit of it. Esp since Abraham even gave a tithe BEFORE the law of tithing was instituted by Moses. So in my view, how much more should the spirit of tithing be alive after the law and in the presence of the great sacrifice and gift we've recieved? and to me whether you want to call it tithe or offering or gift or a portion, the important thing is to give of your earnings as God has given to you.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2008
'
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2008
joomiegal:

the above quote was made by kunleOshob.
@ KunleOshob,
so because it has been "exhaustively discussed in a thread", and your conclusion was that God does not require it, he should take it as Gospel?

Na wa o!
My dear it is not my conclusion O!! it is a biblical conclusion the bible is very clear in hebrews 7 : 5-15 that tithing is not required of christians cos it is not relevant to the priest hood of Jesus christ. Your pastor won't just tell you cos he wants your money. Or he would try to confuse you further by quoting it out of context. It is thebiblical conclusion about tithes not mine cheesy

brein:

Hey, No matter what, none is allowed to rub God READ Malachi 3:8-10 and get more details about paying tithe, its a must duty for all Christians, so please do not be deceieved by anyone.

Cheers. and God help you AND help us all.
I just get sick when anybody quotes this malachi which they don't even understand to justify the illegal tithes being collected in church today, there are so many scriptures in the bible which explains tithes properly nd better than malachi but you never hear of them in church (cos they are more difficult to manipulate) if all you know about tithes is malachi 3: 10 then go and study the bible very well before you come and start writing rubbish on nairaland
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by luluosas(m): 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2008
God forbid. I rather pay my tithe and let my creditor land me in jail.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2008
luluosas:

God forbid. I rather pay my tithe and let my creditor land me in jail.
Some people perish for lack of knowledge, how sad cry
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kolaoloye(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2008
KunleOshob:

Some people perish for lack of knowledge, how sad cry
Which knowledge are you talking about again?It will never be wrong,doing the right thing rightly.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2008
kola oloye:

Which knowledge are you talking about again?It will never be wrong,doing the right thing rightly.
The true knowledge of what tithes really is and that it is not also applicable to christians as expressly stated in Hebrews 7: 5-14 cool
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by bluehorizo(m): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2008
This post is quite funny because it brought out the truth about religion being the opium of the masses.
Don't you know that debt is not income and tithe is paid out of income.
Your debt is not part of your income but liability, you can only pay tihthe out of what is remaining from the settlement of your liabilities.

Good talk.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2008
@KunleOshoB

No matter what you say here today, people will still perish for lack of knowledge , it's not my word, it's in the Bible.

I went through Heb 7: 5 - 28 from the Amplified Bible, which clearly states that the Levites were commanded to take tithes from the people who are of their bloodline. & That we are of a different bloodline, since Jesus descended literally from Judah blood line.

Check this out:

5And it is true that those descendants of Levi who are charged with the priestly office are commanded in the Law to take tithes from the people--which means, from their brethren--though these have descended from Abraham.
6But this person who has not their Levitical ancestry received tithes from Abraham [himself] and blessed him who possessed the promises [of God].

8Furthermore, here [in the Levitical priesthood] tithes are received by men who are subject to death; while there [in the case of Melchizedek], they are received by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually].
9A person might even say that Levi [the father of the priestly tribe] himself, who received tithes (the tenth), paid tithes through Abraham,

Also Levi paid Tithe because he was still in the loins of Abraham when Melchizedek met Abraham.

10For he was still in the loins of his forefather [Abraham] when Melchizedek met him [Abraham].

11Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood--for under it the people were given the Law--why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, one after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron?

12For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.
13For the One of Whom these things are said belonged [not to the priestly line but] to another tribe, no member of which has officiated at the altar.

14For it is obvious that our Lord sprang from the tribe of Judah, and Moses mentioned nothing about priests in connection with that tribe.

15And this becomes more plainly evident when another Priest arises Who bears the likeness of Melchizedek, †1
16Who has been constituted a Priest, not on the basis of a bodily legal requirement [an externally imposed command concerning His physical ancestry], but on the basis of the power of an endless and indestructible Life.
17For it is witnessed of Him, You are a Priest forever after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek. †2
18[u]So a previous physical regulation and command is cancelled [/u]because of its weakness and ineffectiveness and uselessness--
19For the Law never made anything perfect--but instead a better hope is introduced through which we [now] come close to God.

Now before anyone start, I'm not saying Old testament shouldn't be in the Bible, but the same Bible says we're ministers of the New Testament, and that the letters of the old testaments killeth and brings veil on people's eyes when they read it today.

2 Cor 3:6 - 17 (AMP)

6[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive. †2
7Now if the dispensation of death engraved in letters on stone [the ministration of the Law], was inaugurated with such glory and splendor that the Israelites were not able to look steadily at the face of Moses[b] because of its brilliance[/b], [a glory] that was to fade and pass away, †3
8Why should not the dispensation of the Spirit [this spiritual ‡2 ministry whose task it is to cause men to obtain and be governed by the Holy Spirit] be attended with much greater and more splendid glory?
9[b]For if the service that condemns [the ministration of doom] had glory[/b], how infinitely more abounding in splendor and glory must be the service that makes righteous [the ministry that produces and fosters righteous living and right standing with God]!
10Indeed, in view of this fact, what once had splendor [ ‡3 the glory of the Law in the face of Moses] has come to have no splendor at all, because of the overwhelming glory that exceeds and excels it [ ‡4 the glory of the Gospel in the face of Jesus Christ].
11For if that which was but passing and fading away came with splendor, how much more must that which remains and is permanent abide in glory and splendor!
12Since we have such [glorious] hope (such joyful and confident expectation), we speak very freely and openly and fearlessly.
13Nor [do we act] like Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze upon the finish of the vanishing [splendor which had been upon it].
14In fact, their minds were grown hard and calloused [they had become dull and had lost the power of understanding]; for until this present day, when the Old Testament (the old covenant) is being read, that same veil still lies [on their hearts], not being lifted [to reveal] that in Christ it is made void and done away.
15Yes, down to this [very] day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their minds and hearts.
16But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.
17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). †4

So Guys, in as much as I'm not saying paying tithe is wrong, I know very well that God wouldn't destroy me for not paying it. He himself told me the letters of the old testament kills, and that I'm a minister of the New testament , a testament of the glorification of Christ in me, and also the demonstration of the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) at work in me.

So for those who still want to live under the shadows of the law (Malachi 3); please carry on, you might just add burning of rams, goats, incense, lambs to the list. Afterall the Levites did those things in those days, abi now?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2008

This post is quite funny because it brought out the truth about religion being the opium of the masses.
Your debt is not part of your income but liability, you can only pay tihthe out of what is remaining from the settlement of your liabilities.

Actually, do those who pay Tithes, do with their overall Gross, or NET? If some do with NET, what percentage of Christians do?

The difference between NET and GROSS is just your liabilities you owe the GOvt like Tax, National Insurance, Voluntary Pension Fund, BUPA or whatever, I mean all the contributions your employers take out of your GROSS before handing that NET to the bank to pay you. HOW MANY PEOPLE PAY TITHE ON THEIR GROSS? From what I've come to realise, people do mostly with their NET,  what this means is that you've taken out your liabities (Debts), you've given unto ceasers what is ceasers (as was told by Christ), and after all the deductions, you then pay 10% to God, init?

This article is really not about whether Tithing is right or wrong, it's about whether it's right to suspend Tithe to pay off debt, and in my own opinion, 90% of those who pay tithe, do after paying off their Debts ie. liabilities like taxes, national contributions and insurances etc.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Esss(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2008
SO WHAT THESE PRO-TITHERS ARE SAYING IS THAT I WOULD NOT GET MY MONEY BECAUSE YOU GAVE IT TO GOD

what a load of crap. If someone gives me this line as an excuse for not paying me my money, I'll make sure that person languishes in jail, until God bails him or her out. What rubbish.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by manmustwac(m): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2008
quote from nobilia

na true u talk nobilia settle your depts first

man must survive

man must eat

man must wack
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2008
Na so one "BIG MAN OF GOD" talk say we go even pay tithe on the money wey person borrow to take to business!!!

Mugu no dey finish for this world. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Babygod: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2008
tithing is an obligation from god, it supersides paying of debt, i have always gotten a personal experience, who owns the world, is it not god / just pay the tithes first, 4get about the debts, except u dont believe gid exists, that is an injunction for christians !!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Babygod: 8:28am On Jun 19, 2008
[/b][size=16pt][/size]tithing is an obligation from God, it supersedes paying of debt, i have always gotten a personal experience, who owns the world, is it not God ? just pay the tithes first, forget about the debts, except u don't believe God exists, that is an injunction for christians !!!!!!!!![b][size=16pt][/size]
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kufreabasi(m): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2008
Tithing,as far as christiandom is concern,is known as kingdom investment.never give excuses in paying it. debts or no debts you have to pay your tithe so that your may not be among the robbery. just read Malachi. 3 :6 - 10
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by favcom(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2008
It's funny reading the posts so far grin
But however you look at it and whatever your justifications, tithing is Biblical and not doing it is flagrant disobedience to God. If you don't want to give because you have a debt to pay, it really doesn't matter to God. This is just like many other issues people justify today
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Enigma(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2008
Christians are NOT required to tithe; you will not find it in the Bible --- and I am familiar with Malachi 3 and all the rest of it.

At best, 'tithing' is optional. The Bible requirement of the Christian is cheerful free will giving "as he purposes in his heart".

People have just been deceived or misled into an unbiblical superstition by the false/erroneous teachings that tithing is required of the Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Kingdom Of Darkness Using Valentine’s Day To Destroy Souls – Mummy GO Warns / Unbox Your Special Christmas Gift So Far And Post Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.