Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,352 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (19150 Views)

Poll: Is it ok to stop tithing temporarily to pay off your debtors?

Yes: 34% (37 votes)
No: 65% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / My Thoughts On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by NubianQ(f): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ Post

the way i see it we all need to have personal relationship with God,

and that is most important. . .

besides if u don't have anything to give, (technically when you're in debt,all that u have isnt necessarily urs) how d hell would u give 10%?

True!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Kaiser5000: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2008
I do not personally believe in tithing, I give what I can during the offering and that’s about it. If you owe money why should you be giving 10% or whatever percentage of what you don’t have? I am sure God will understand as long as you are true to yourself. This is the real world we a living in people!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Anuliph(f): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2008
Tithing is a good habit. Thats all that it is. God loves a cheerful giver.
But to refuse to pay sb you owe when you can is a sin.
what if your creditor is really broke? then you take the money to the church.its not even your money, its his money. its equivalent to stealing.
Afterall the Bible also enjoins us not to owe.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by HRhotness(f): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
Anuli ph:

Tithing is a good habit. Thats all that it is. God loves a cheerful giver.
But to refuse to pay sb you owe when you can is a sin.
what if your creditor is really broke? then you take the money to the church.its not even your money, its his money. its equivalent to stealing.
Afterall the Bible also enjoins us not to owe.

Where
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by taitee(f): 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
well i dont think it is right to suspend tithing cos the debts are high. no matter what happens or you pass thru you should be faithful to God. HE doesn't like fair-weather friends. so matter how heavy you debts are, be faithful and HE will suprise you.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by HRhotness(f): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2008
taitee:

well i don't think it is right to suspend tithing because the debts are high. no matter what happens or you pass through you should be faithful to God. HE doesn't like fair-weather friends. so matter how heavy you debts are, be faithful and HE will suprise you.

so u will pay tithes with money that isnt effectievely yours
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Esss(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2008
HR.hotness:

so u will pay tithes with money that isnt effectievely yours

Ask am O!! Why didnt you go to God in the first place to borrow the money?? Hypocrites
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
Guys, let's not be sentimental about issues like this ,

I've read from so many people saying you can't rob peter to pay paul. That's rubbish , absolutely and this is why:

We can't sin to please God , NEVER. Shall we continue in sin so that God's grace will increase , NO!

When that woman in 2 Kings 4 cried unto Elisha, and Elisha gave her instructions as to how to utilise the last bit of oil, when this ceased after pouring into one vessel in verse 6, and then she ran back to Elisha , check this out , Elisha didn't say bring the remaining oil in a vessel for the LORD; NEITHER Did he say SELL THE OIL AND BRING THE MONEY FOR THE LORD

Elisha said in verse 7:
7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debt; and you and your sons live on the rest."

Being in Debt, the Bible encouraged us not to ,

Amplified version of the Bible in Rom 13:8 -
"Keep out of debt and owe no man anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor [who practices loving others] has fulfilled the Law [relating to one's fellowmen, meeting all its requirements]. "
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by NubianQ(f): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2008
Esss:

Ask am O!! Why didnt you go to God in the first place to borrow the money?? Hypocrites

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bank of the Lord! grin

Esss u are too much!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2008
I don talk am before,
If u give 10%, God will be pleased for your contribution.
If u chose freewill offerings, maybe 10% 0r 50%, God will still be
pleased with you.
The bottomline is that it must be done FREELY without COMPULSION.

So, all that guilt trip about thunder striking you if you fail to
commit 10% to your pastor is a ploy to fleace you of your
hard earned money.

Besides, there's no where in scriptures where the tithe is MONEY!
Please show me.

Yes oO!, we all know in the days of the old testament, we had little measure of money - so to speak; na trade by batter dey rule everyone, however, I believe in the days of new testament, we had pieces of silver (Ask Judas how much he took to betray Jesus); we also had taxes, we had dues ,  and I believe all these were monetary worths.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by mzdiverse(f): 12:39am On Jun 18, 2008
i think it takes the grace of God to pay ur tithes while on debts but it advicable besides God sees everyones heart{in n out} , just be naked in front of him n give him thanksgiving in spirit n in truth so as 2 see ur faith n effort towards it. Grace of God dats d most important
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by cutie(f): 1:20am On Jun 18, 2008
hi here
i see this post is becoming people fighting to defend their respective opinions, but i think it shouldnt be so.
We should rather seek to edify one another, and personally, i've learnt a lot from what i read here (be it pros or cons posts) and i come to the conclusion that as one said earlier, paying your tithe is more about obedience to God than anything else.
The Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice.

"HAS THE LORD AS GREAT DELIGHT IN BURNT OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES, AS IN OBEYING THE VOICE OF THE LORD? BEHOLD TO OBEY IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE AND TO HEED THAN THE FAT OF RAMS"Isaiah 15:22
God is not so much interested in what you give as he is in you obeying his Word. He wants to see his child doing what he asked him to.

Now the Bible also says
"BUT HE WHO DOUBTS IS CONDEMNED IF HE EATS, BECAUSE HE DOES NOT EAT FROM FAITH; FOR WHATEVER IS NOT FROM FAITH IS SIN" (Romans 14:23)
If you pay your tithe because you are told to do so or just to fulfill all righteousness, it can be a good beginning, but God doesnt take pleasure in it, because you dont do it out of faith. Don't forget, "Without faith it is impossible to please God."(Hebrews 11:6) So pay your tithe only out of conviction, ask God to give you that conviction, don't bring condemnation upon yourself.
and to maintain it all we have to be consistent.So Discipline is the word. God wants order to reign in His house Let all things be done decently and in order. 1Corinthians14:40 The commandment is for the church, but it is clear that we should take it to ourselves, because WE are the Church. Its not when you want, you give; when you dont want, you dont give, that would be too easy!
Let's try and take God more seriously. Just as you can't afford not to pay your taxes, decide that you can't afford not to pay your tithe. How can you pay more respect to a creature than to the creator??
The race is difficult, Jesus doesnt promise a smooth path, but he promises to get us to the goal. His Grace is sufficient for us.
I wonder why we even worry about debtors, because "When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him (Proverbs 16:7) So whatever financial difficulties you find yourself into, your own is just to be blameless before your God, he will never abandon you.
Difficult or even unthinkable doesnt mean impossible so let's not always try to explain things with our intelligence, but to lean on the Word of God at all times. We can't understand everything, we're only human beings,
so remember OBEDIENCE FAITH AND DISCIPLINE smiley
God bless you all wink
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Esss(m): 7:43am On Jun 18, 2008
cutie:

hi here
i see this post is becoming people fighting to defend their respective opinions, but i think it shouldnt be so.
We should rather seek to edify one another, and personally, i've learnt a lot from what i read here (be it pros or cons posts) and i come to the conclusion that as one said earlier, paying your tithe is more about obedience to God than anything else.
The Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice.

"HAS THE LORD AS GREAT DELIGHT IN BURNT OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES, AS IN OBEYING THE VOICE OF THE LORD? BEHOLD TO OBEY IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE AND TO HEED THAN THE FAT OF RAMS"Isaiah 15:22
God is not so much interested in what you give as he is in you obeying his Word. He wants to see his child doing what he asked him to.

Now the Bible also says
"BUT HE WHO DOUBTS IS CONDEMNED IF HE EATS, BECAUSE HE DOES NOT EAT FROM FAITH; FOR WHATEVER IS NOT FROM FAITH IS SIN" (Romans 14:23)
If you pay your tithe because you are told to do so or just to fulfill all righteousness, it can be a good beginning, but God doesnt take pleasure in it, because you don't do it out of faith. Don't forget, "Without faith it is impossible to please God."(Hebrews 11:6) So pay your tithe only out of conviction, ask God to give you that conviction, don't bring condemnation upon yourself.
and to maintain it all we have to be consistent.So Discipline is the word. God wants order to reign in His house Let all things be done decently and in order. 1Corinthians14:40 The commandment is for the church, but it is clear that we should take it to ourselves, because WE are the Church. Its not when you want, you give; when you don't want, you don't give, that would be too easy!
Let's try and take God more seriously. Just as you can't afford not to pay your taxes, decide that you can't afford not to pay your tithe. How can you pay more respect to a creature than to the creator??
The race is difficult, Jesus doesnt promise a smooth path, but he promises to get us to the goal. His Grace is sufficient for us.
I wonder why we even worry about debtors, because "When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him (Proverbs 16:7) So whatever financial difficulties you find yourself into, your own is just to be blameless before your God, he will never abandon you.
Difficult or even unthinkable doesnt mean impossible so let's not always try to explain things with our intelligence, but to lean on the Word of God at all times. We can't understand everything, we're only human beings,
so remember OBEDIENCE FAITH AND DISCIPLINE smiley
God bless you all wink

What is your point??

You owe me money, I didnt get the money from God, I work a 9 - 5 job to make my money. You have an urgent need, and I loan you some money. You go out of your problem and made some money too, instead of paying off your bills, you go pay your tithe?? Does that sound right??
Or you owe so much bills, Credit card bills, mortgages, insurance premuim, car deposit, kids school fees, medical bills (you name it), and you make a few bucks and instead of paying off your bills you go hand it over to your pastor in the name of tithe or seed faith?? WTF is this i'm hearing?? Does this make any sense?? Faith my ass.

So when I come to collect my money, remember I know you just got paid, what on earth would be your excuse?? please do tell me cos i'm dying to know. This is why I don't loan people money anymore without some form of agreement or collateral.

The bible aslo said "my people die for lack of wisdom".
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Allta(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2008
The bottom line from my perspective about paying tithe is this: When we all get to the gates, Christ wouldn't say because you pay your tithe come to my left hand.

Even there will be some on that day who though they pay their tithes, heal the sick in his name, cast out demons in his name, did mighty things in his name , but because all those things are unauthorised, Christ will say "Ye workers of iniquity" to them. Matt 7: 21 - 23

So, my peeps, what's the point , you can still pay your tithe and go to HELL!

Talking about Debts , if your Pastor is really teaching you Bible's fundamental principles of success, you'll definitely wouldn't be in debt in the first place. I hate it when people tell me, they're Christians and yet, they are in debt, This is because they lack knowledge of the fact that they are rich in Christ , Christ who was rich became poor so that you may be rich. 2 Cor 8:9 "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

The fact remains that God never conditioned (in the New Testament) his blessings with paying of tithe, he never said in the New testament to and not to , and I wouldn't say paying of tithe is wrong, because when Christ mentioned it he didn't say it was, but I will say if you feel good about paying tithe, please do, and if you don't feel good about it , fine , everyone with his own standing in God's presence I begi.

Like I was saying, every single bit of the New testament where God promised us blessings , the popular Phil 4:19 , he will supply all our needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus, tell me, did he say until you pay your tithe , why one earth should a Christ-Like Person be poor , when Christ was glorified in his resurrection with us. We died with all those bad things of life when he did, Now we're alive, we're rich in him.

So, it's either your Pastor is hiding some knowledge and truth from you, that's why you're in debt in the first place because, When you got Born again, Debts was not part of the package of Salvation. I have quoted before that Bible encourages you not to go into debt. If you need money (sometimes which we truly do), didn't the Bible encourage us to give into the household (offerings) so this same came be offered to the poor in the spirit. Why not go to your pastor and ask for help , why go to the Bank and borrow those &&&&&&&&££££££££NNNNNNNN, and then when you make some money to pay up, you say, because I have to give TITHE, I WILL STILL MULTIPLLY MY DEBT again , that's is just utter rubbish and senseless judgement. We all just claim to be some self-righteous muguns, I'm not saying don't pay tithe, I never can't and never will, I'm saying pay up your debts, it's not glorifying to God to be in debt, he asked not to be in his word, owe no man any debt(money) is what God said in his word.

If you're really in need of money for some reason , go to the Church, don't go to the Bank , then you wouldn't have debts to sacrifice for your TITHE in the first place,

PHEW!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2008
Quote from: JeSoul on Yesterday at 06:08:29 PM [size=8pt][/size]

The poster is talking about completely suspending any giving to God in order to pay off debts, that will be wrong.

This is the original post still on page 1:

If you have a lot of debt, can you temporarily stop tithing while paying off the debt?

My dear sister, why would you want to lie korokoro to justify something that you admitted in your own reply is not a requirement for CHRISTians shocked
What could be your motivation
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by javarules(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2008
The things of God(or the spirit) can not be understood by normal men, they are foolishness to him, because they are spiritually discerned. So if some people say that tithing is optional, its their level of knowledge in God. There are personal revelations and General revelations. When the personal revelation dawns on you, you will pay your tithe even if it means begging to do so.

Now if you think I am lying its your cup of tea. this is my personal testimony.

I earn 20k a month and I owe someone 38k due to some business deal gone bad. Anyway after some discussions we came to agreement that I pay the money over 5 months which means 7.6k per month. 20k is not enough for me considering the standard of living in the city where I live, minus 7.6K from it and you are left with what you can actually call peanuts. But still I pay my tithe of 2k. What I have left is 10K or so and going by the economy of man, that money should last me for a week! But its been three months now and I can't remember a month when I don't have over 2k with me on a daily basis. In actually fact my budget is a little over 2k per day. Now call it fluke or whatver you want, i know its God. Thats my personal revelation, I CAN NEVER STOP PAYING MY TITHE. So for those who say tithe is not important or not relevant, fine go ahead, I pray that God will also give u a personal revelation. Remember that when Saul(converted Paul) was killing the disciples, he actually thought HE WAS WORKING FOR GOD. A personal revelation changed all that.

My 2 cents
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by namebiko: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2008
I believe that we should pay our titles.Should a man robe God?[/font][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 10:23am On Jun 18, 2008
javarules:

I earn 20k a month and I owe someone 38k due to some business deal gone bad. Anyway after some discussions we came to agreement that I pay the money over 5 months which means 7.6k per month. 20k is not enough for me considering the standard of living in the city where I live, minus 7.6K from it and you are left with what you can actually call peanuts. But still I pay my tithe of 2k. What I have left is 10K or so and going by the economy of man, that money should last me for a week! But its been three months now and I can't remember a month when I don't have over 2k with me on a daily basis. In actually fact my budget is a little over 2k per day. Now call it fluke or whatver you want, i know its God. Thats my personal revelation, I CAN NEVER STOP PAYING MY TITHE. So for those who say tithe is not important or not relevant, fine go ahead, I pray that God will also give u a personal revelation. Remember that when Saul(converted Paul) was killing the disciples, he actually thought HE WAS WORKING FOR GOD. A personal revelation changed all that.

My 2 cents

I hope you will understand that my response is solely for the purpose of clarification & nothing else.
First of all, thank God for your testimony.
However, by your own records you spend/budget 2k daily and earn 10k monthly net of debt & tithe, right. That means spending/budget of 60k per month.
Do you get dashes, gifts, or something from others to make up the 50k difference or how?
These dashes, gifts or whatever are they from legitimate sources or from people who have earned it from legitimate sources that you will be proud of being associated with as a CHRISTian?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by oYaTo(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2008
Whether or not there's a dispute about God commanding us to tithe, if you can't live on 90% of your income, then u can't survive on 100%.

Anytime I fail to tithe I always feel like I'm a spendthrift. I see tithes as a kind of "insurance", like I'm using the 10% to insure the remaining 90%.

If non-tithers are to admit, at times they realise they end up spending a significant portion of their income on ridiculous issues - like car breaking down (repeatedly at times) and requiring a massive cash injection to fix, or paying ridiculous hospital bills. . . .don't get me wrong, even tithers face the above issues as well, but they won't have the feeling of cash seeping uncontrollably through their fingers.

God is my All in All. If I can read clearly in his word his commandment to tithe (Malachi), then I don't need to engage in some frivolous research to convince myself otherwise (apologies to kunleoshob).
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2008
Look at them!! So una dey give God your tithe abi and your brother beside you for church never chop!!! shocked shocked

Na God you dey give or na Pastor?? Then him go take am buy private jet, and you go dey go church with molue AHHHHH Mumu!!! shocked shocked

Becos you wan God make him bless you. So God don turn to kalokalo machine abi!! embarassed

Who has seen God!!!

Try to know your God people!! Everyone to his own. Too much book and no Spirit. Just like the "law" men of old.

Father Help Us

Please Bible scholars, Christ gave us a new law in the new testament. Who among you don fulfill that law as e concern your brothers and sisters. Na so una go dey form clique for church dey do big boy and big girl. SHAME on una!! Dey pay tithe na. Make your paster give you award sef!! Gods ways are higher than yours!!!

And your motives will find you our!!! cool
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by javarules(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2008
@anonimi. No i dont get dashes or whatever you call it. I get the 50K difference in form of ideas and jobs I knew were just the handiwork of God. I have been working for 3 months earning 20k and living on 20k, although during this time i still pay my tithe. Then during the first month of the sacrifice, I began to get calls, jobs and ideas that pay me more than my job could. Call it luck or fluke, I dont mind, its me, and I know God when I sees him.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2008
@Javarules
Are you sure it is not egunje you are collecting to make up the difference cool Forget this scam called tithes God blesses those of us who don't tithe as well i can go on on with several testimonies about how God as met my needs in times of need some would seem miraculous even then i never ever tithe, but God sees my heart and i strive to do his will, i give freely both to the church and people i am in a position to help and that is what counts
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by javarules(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2008
Exactly what I am saying, personal revelation. For me personally I know that tithing works for me. For someone else its another kind of revelation. Even Paul said "that I may know him, " if Almighty Paul could say that, then we all should pray same too. For me, giving is a way of life, and I joy at every chance to do so. It's a revelation too that I have recieved, I gave my way to where I am today, where I am going tomorrow will also be a result of the seeds I have sown, be it in a church or in other people's lives.

my 2 cents
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2008
@javarules
I agree with you there is a lot of blessings associated with giving. nd i believe God would bless you as you continue to give. But as far as the issue of tithing is concerned, it as no place in christianity and that is why Jesus never preached it, even the apostles that spread christianity in the new testament never preached. It is a mordern day doctrine that is being presented as the word of God through the Manipulation of Malachi 3:10 . I am not saying you shouldn't give to the church what i am saying is that churches that preach tithing are deceiving their members and it is very wrong for a church to engage in deception. Preaching tithes = obtaining by false pretence=419
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Chookym(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
Tithe is the primary thing. Pay it first.

Tithing is a debt to God Thats why the work "PAY" is used along side it as in "PAY YR TITHE". while offering is voluntry that why the worg "Give " is used along side it, as in "GIVE YR OFFERING"
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2008
Chookym:

Tithe is the primary thing. Pay it first.

Tithing is a debt to God Thats why the work "PAY" is used along side it as in "PAY YR TITHE". while offering is voluntry that why the worg "Give " is used along side it, as in "GIVE YR OFFERING"
Please quote the passage of the bible andd the version were you got the above statement. There is no where in the bible were the word PAY is associaited with tithes. The word used is "bring" this is becos biblical tithes was not money it was farm produce. Paying of tithes is definitely not biblical as i said in my earlier posts tithing in today's churches is a manipulation of biblical tithes which is definitely no longer relevant today. even the jews that biblical tithing was directed to no longer tithe becos the Levites who are the only people ordained to collect it no longer exists distinctly amongst them
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by eminemkayc: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2008
, Our one unalterable duty toward other people is that we love them, dealing with them as we want them to deal with us (Matthew 7:12). All of us want people to pay the debts they owe us. Therefore, as Christians, we should “Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET,’ and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law” (Romans 13:8-10),
HEY YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG HERE, THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULD OWE NOTHING TO ONE ANOTHER SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD IN ITS LITERAL SENSE AND NOT OTHERWISE AS U THOUGHT. THE NOUN CLAUSE "OWE NOTHING TO ONE ANOTHER" IS JUST TRYING TO LAY EMPHASIS ON THE FACT THAT WE SHOULD CONTINIOUSLY LOVE ONE ANOTHER, tongue
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by SamMilla1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2008
WAIT, I may sound a little Blasphemous here but dont you think
God will blame you for paying tithe while you are being ejected from your house by your landlord,
Which could result in your death if you encounter trouble outside.
Then you knock on the heaven doors and expect the Lord to hug you,
Because you paid tithe instead of house rent?
Especially if you could have paid the house rent with the tithe money.
Or would you prefer God to punishing the landlord for throwing out?
Sometimes i think people misunderstand the meaning of living a life.
How about doubling the tithe or tripling it when you have enough resources ?

My advice, pay house rent.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kolaoloye(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2008
SAM MILLA:

WAIT, I may sound a little Blasphemous here but don't you think
God will blame you for paying tithe while you are being ejected from your house by your landlord,

God is not asking you for your house rent as a tithe,what he demands is just 10% of your income or profit.
There is no way that your house rent would be equal to your tithe. Let us learn to trust God and not lean
on our own understanding.Don't 4get what i said before"God is Faithful".He will not allow His own to suffer.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2008
KunleOshob:

@javarules
I agree with you there is a lot of blessings associated with giving. nd i believe God would bless you as you continue to give. But as far as the issue of tithing is concerned, it as no place in christianity and that is why Jesus never preached it, even the apostles that spread christianity in the new testament never preached. It is a mordern day doctrine that is being presented as the word of God through the Manipulation of Malachi 3:10 . I am not saying you shouldn't give to the church what i am saying is that churches that preach tithing are deceiving their members and it is very wrong for a church to engage in deception. Preaching tithes = obtaining by false pretence=419

TOLD THEM BRO cheesy

But anyway, na so mugu dey do!!! "Na fantastic deal!!! Na fantastic Deal" dem go they talk till their eye open and dem don loose everything. grin grin
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
kola oloye:

God is not asking you for your house rent as a tithe,what he demands is just 10% of your income or profit.
There is no way that your house rent would be equal to your tithe. Let us learn to trust God and not lean
on our own understanding.Don't forget what i said before"God is Faithful".He will not allow His own to suffer.

SO you are now God's mouth piece abi?? shocked shocked Abi you don turn to Holy Spirit!!! angry
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Bblak(f): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
SAM MILLA:

WAIT, I may sound a little Blasphemous here but don't you think

Lol. grin Tithing is good and profitable but one has to be reasonable about it lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Kingdom Of Darkness Using Valentine’s Day To Destroy Souls – Mummy GO Warns / Unbox Your Special Christmas Gift So Far And Post Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.