Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? (7719 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Amaechi Slams Wike Over False Claims Of Vandalisation And Looting... / Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by goodgood2(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju: Suspect List..

1. Ex-PHCN Staff

2. Recently laid-off PHCN Staff

3. Ex-Militants

4. Vandals..

5. ACN|APC|CPC|ANPP Supporters & Politicians.. angry
Let me edit the list.
1. Recently laid-off PHCN staff

2. Ex-PHCN staff

3. APC (here, it means Anti PDP Conglomerate) , which organizations include ...
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by michealade(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
ehizo25: If you aaaaasssskkkk meeeeee Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩̩̩̥a who I go assssskkkkk? The mata wen we seeee soooo e tey wen e starrrt. No be me go talk am, e heavy for mouth (singing Omawumi)
were
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Ephraimatic(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
collynzo2: What kind of dictionary do you use? You are a big fool.
No, he isn't. 'Vandalization' is wrong - Vandalism is correct.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by hotwax: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
PHCN staffs. Its very simple. I have seen them before.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by fapcrook(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
I remember Prof Ebun teaching me that there is no such word as vandalisation in the dictionary, but vandalism exists,,,,,thank you
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by adino(m): 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
anonimi:

I am not directly or indirectly saying he is corrupt or not.
I have only asked the same question that you have eleaborated on above i.e positionS he occupied at different periods of his career and a rough estimate (no details needed) of how much he LEGITIMATELY earns as salary & allowances vis-a-vis what he KNOWS as achievement by his dad:

- two houses, probably in choice locations
- carS
- three graduates plus another in 3rd year OAU
- plus, I imagine, regular owambes and handouts/ dash to family & friends.

You seem to have omitted this part of my earlier post:

I hope sey the XVIER will return to provide us answers!!!

That guy done run o, he has taken off. You will never get your answer.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by anienge001: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Kairoseki77: This is done by people benefitting from various scams.

Local generator dealers
Scrap Part Scavengers
Etc

90% of the time, it is done as a way to collect bribe. The people from the FG will destroy the local transformer and then collect bribe before repairing it. Sometimes they come from PHCN, sometimes they come from other agencies.

Nobody gets power until EVERYONE pays the reconnection "fee". If your neighbor cannot afford to pay the bribe, you either go without power, or everyone puts a few kobos together to pay the neighbor's share.

No sane person would go near a transformer. No crazy person would go through the trouble of destroying a transformer just to leave it untouched. A thief would at least take some metal parts to sell as scrap.

@Sincere9gerian, if you think this practice is "evil" you should face your front and ask your ogas to stop vandalizing the transformers. Maybe if you left your "compound" you would know that this is common practice.

Here's a video of it happening:

From the video description: "Staff of NEPA in a bribe stand off in Asaba. Camera started rolling after the demand for the bribe... See the Naira notes and the NEPA folks turning away on seeing the camera...

A bunch of public pick-pockets who go around the neighborhood disconnecting and accepting bribe to free customers... when there a lot of service calls that require their attention..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFQ3zMPs8E

I am saddened that the supposed "elite" in Nigeria are so out of touch with reality. If you think a political party is going around destroying transformers then you really need to evaluate your life. You have no business debating politics if you don't even know what the issues facing Nigerians really are.

----------------------------------------

Here's an except from a newspaper article: "But shortly after the transformer was installed, PHCN officials first demanded N100, 000 before they could activate it. Members of the community refused to oblige them. “When that move failed, they demanded to be given extra two units of the transformer but we maintained our stance.”

He further stated that it was after the community turned down their request that their long journey to darkness began, as PHCN technical staff moved into the community and disconnected the wires that supply light to the community from the transformer.

“Shortly after they disconnected the community from the facility, they also took away the key to the transformer. They came back in the midnight to remove some components. Thereafter, they returned the key to the community and alleged that the transformer is damaged beyond repairs.

[b]“But after much pressure, some officials of PHCN confessed to leaders of the community that they were working on instructions from above.[/b]

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/community-phcn-at-daggers-drawn/

Did you read after typing? "Sincere9gerian" only stated what is common knowledge. Lagbaja even sang it in a song, that we are our worst enemies. U write as if PHCN staff are same as politicians. PHCN staffers are 'common man' like me and you. Let us face the facts, we the masses are as corrupt as the politicians that rule us.

When Ur post state that a PHCN staff confessed to be working with order from above, is s/he talikng about the president or his boss in the office? U know very well, that s/he is referring to the later who will claim to be a common man too.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by FarmTech(m): 12:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Kairoseki77: This is done by people benefitting from various scams.

Local generator dealers
Scrap Part Scavengers
Etc

90% of the time, it is done as a way to collect bribe. The people from the FG will destroy the local transformer and then collect bribe before repairing it. Sometimes they come from PHCN, sometimes they come from other agencies.

Nobody gets power until EVERYONE pays the reconnection "fee". If your neighbor cannot afford to pay the bribe, you either go without power, or everyone puts a few kobos together to pay the neighbor's share.

No sane person would go near a transformer. No crazy person would go through the trouble of destroying a transformer just to leave it untouched. A thief would at least take some metal parts to sell as scrap.

@Sincere9gerian, if you think this practice is "evil" you should face your front and ask your ogas to stop vandalizing the transformers. Maybe if you left your "compound" you would know that this is common practice.

Here's a video of it happening:

From the video description: "Staff of NEPA in a bribe stand off in Asaba. Camera started rolling after the demand for the bribe... See the Naira notes and the NEPA folks turning away on seeing the camera...

A bunch of public pick-pockets who go around the neighborhood disconnecting and accepting bribe to free customers... when there a lot of service calls that require their attention..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFQ3zMPs8E

I am saddened that the supposed "elite" in Nigeria are so out of touch with reality. If you think a political party is going around destroying transformers then you really need to evaluate your life. You have no business debating politics if you don't even know what the issues facing Nigerians really are.

----------------------------------------

Here's an except from a newspaper article: "But shortly after the transformer was installed, PHCN officials first demanded N100, 000 before they could activate it. Members of the community refused to oblige them. “When that move failed, they demanded to be given extra two units of the transformer but we maintained our stance.”

He further stated that it was after the community turned down their request that their long journey to darkness began, as PHCN technical staff moved into the community and disconnected the wires that supply light to the community from the transformer.

“Shortly after they disconnected the community from the facility, they also took away the key to the transformer. They came back in the midnight to remove some components. Thereafter, they returned the key to the community and alleged that the transformer is damaged beyond repairs.

“But after much pressure, some officials of PHCN confessed to leaders of the community that they were working on instructions from above.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/community-phcn-at-daggers-drawn/

i love dat video. I like the zeal.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Thecan(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2023
FarmTech:

i love dat video. I [b]like the [/b]zeal.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Thecan(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2023
FarmTech:

i love dat video. I
like the
zeal.

Jody

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA / ADC Faction Denounces Party's Endorsement Of Peter Obi / Imo: Tension As Uzodinma, Achonu, Anyanwu Scramble For 2.3 Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.