Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? (7709 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Amaechi Slams Wike Over False Claims Of Vandalisation And Looting... / Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by princesammmy: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
in the wake of the recent privatisation of PHCN, vandalisation of Transformers and other PHCN properties is currently on the increase, In my area we woke up and discovered our transformer has been badly vandalised and it does not look like whoever is responsible has intention of selling the items cause they where badly destroyed. Even the oil was allowed to leak away, this bring the number of Transformers to about seven in our area alone. So i want to ask.
Is it going on in your area too? And
could a common thief attempt destroying a transformer and what could they have benefited by doing this?

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by weazley(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Me,
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by gregg2: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
APC agents are sabotaging every effort of FG at improving Power, then running back to the media to shout about unstable Power supply.

20 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thank God, here our own transformer is within someones compound.

This is just to show you that Nigerians are the greatest enemy of Nigeria. You solve one problem, the mostly evil Nigerians create another 2 problems. They come here and complain of lack of power, corruption, bad governance, and crude oil theft, bla, bla but they themselves are thieves, irresponsible, unpatriotic, criminal minded, and evil.

Anyway, I hope this thread makes front page so people can become more aware and guard whatever is remaining. What a shame!

15 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Kairoseki77: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is done by people benefitting from various scams.

Local generator dealers
Scrap Part Scavengers
Etc

90% of the time, it is done as a way to collect bribe. The people from the FG will destroy the local transformer and then collect bribe before repairing it. Sometimes they come from PHCN, sometimes they come from other agencies.

Nobody gets power until EVERYONE pays the reconnection "fee". If your neighbor cannot afford to pay the bribe, you either go without power, or everyone puts a few kobos together to pay the neighbor's share.

No sane person would go near a transformer. No crazy person would go through the trouble of destroying a transformer just to leave it untouched. A thief would at least take some metal parts to sell as scrap.

@Sincere9gerian, if you think this practice is "evil" you should face your front and ask your ogas to stop vandalizing the transformers. Maybe if you left your "compound" you would know that this is common practice.

Here's a video of it happening:

From the video description: "Staff of NEPA in a bribe stand off in Asaba. Camera started rolling after the demand for the bribe... See the Naira notes and the NEPA folks turning away on seeing the camera...

A bunch of public pick-pockets who go around the neighborhood disconnecting and accepting bribe to free customers... when there a lot of service calls that require their attention..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFQ3zMPs8E

I am saddened that the supposed "elite" in Nigeria are so out of touch with reality. If you think a political party is going around destroying transformers then you really need to evaluate your life. You have no business debating politics if you don't even know what the issues facing Nigerians really are.

----------------------------------------

Here's an except from a newspaper article: "But shortly after the transformer was installed, PHCN officials first demanded N100, 000 before they could activate it. Members of the community refused to oblige them. “When that move failed, they demanded to be given extra two units of the transformer but we maintained our stance.”

He further stated that it was after the community turned down their request that their long journey to darkness began, as PHCN technical staff moved into the community and disconnected the wires that supply light to the community from the transformer.

“Shortly after they disconnected the community from the facility, they also took away the key to the transformer. They came back in the midnight to remove some components. Thereafter, they returned the key to the community and alleged that the transformer is damaged beyond repairs.

“But after much pressure, some officials of PHCN confessed to leaders of the community that they were working on instructions from above.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/community-phcn-at-daggers-drawn/

4 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2013
na me una dey ask angry
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by BabaAlabi: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmn
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by cashkid18(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Ar u sure dt buhari n apc agents ar nt livin in ur area

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by ednut1(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Govt agents demselves, so dey will use d newly released funds to buy newones, being sold my their phony companies, I hail nigeria, wisest from d back

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Suspect List..

1. Ex-PHCN Staff

2. Recently laid-off PHCN Staff

3. Ex-Militants

4. Vandals..

5. ACN|APC|CPC|ANPP Supporters & Politicians.. angry

8 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Jeezyy(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
End time tins
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by BabaAlabi: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
gregg2: APC agents are sabotaging every effort of FG at improving Power, then running back to the media to shout about unstable Power supply.
Lmao...So APC are the ones responsible for inadequate electricity? Nigerians deserve whatever they get if someone as silly as this can vote.

11 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Austeenxx: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Secskheelz is responsible.

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2013
gregg2: APC agents are sabotaging every effort of FG at improving Power, then running back to the media to shout about unstable Power supply.
this doesn't make any sense, how will destroying phcn transformer sabotage power supply of the entire nation?
you didnt even allow someone else to report similar case before u labelled it apc
what if its one of those that benefit from darkness like filling stations etc
every thing na politics in naija chei

2 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by russianmob27: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2013
GEJ, PEJ, Obasanjo and Buhari angry angry angry
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by takeprofit: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Thank God, here our own transformer is within someones compound.

This is just to show you that Nigerians are the greatest enemy of Nigeria. You solve one problem, the mostly evil Nigerians create another 2 problems. They come here and complain of lack of power, corruption, bad governance, and crude oil theft, bla, bla but they themselves are thieves, irresponsible, unpatriotic, criminal minded, and evil.

Anyway, I hope this thread makes front page so people can become more aware and guard whatever is remaining. What a shame!

You are correct.
Nigeians will empty their waste products in the gutters when its raining. when the drainage gets blocks and the environment becomes dirty, they will complain about the govt.
Nigerians will push political office holders to steal govt fund, and still complain about corruption and bad economy.
Nigerians will sponsor their children to exam specials centres where they engage in exam malpractice and still come and complain about poor education system.
Nigerians will ignore indecent dressing and behaviors from their children and still complain about indiscipline in the society.

12 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by chymystique(f): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2013
Jeezyy: End time tins

R u Okay?? End time go soon kill u... Watsup end tym wif dis topic
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Lol. We need a suicide bomber to kill all these old folks! They r the problems of naija. Recycling themselves up n down
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by kstyle2(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Peter griffin n d students on strike
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by airclipse(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2013
dude u r awesome.....I like Ђσω u guys make sure u write the above comment in almost every thread.....I hail una....una swift die...for nairaland matter
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Thank God, here our own transformer is within someones compound.

now, this is a sensible comment
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by tatosh: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013

Where is your common sense?
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by kennyonthrone(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
Ojugo juo m ya ozo
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Urine: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013

One day, you and the folks that liked your post will decide to use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by LaRochelle(f): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2013
@ OP, I'm sorry for derailing but there's no such word as VANDALISATION, it's VANDALISM. I think you should correct it.
@ all, I was directing my comment to the OP, I don't want to see any insulting comment on this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Its simple.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by takeprofit: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2013
takeprofit:

You are correct.
Nigeians will empty their waste products in the gutters when its raining. when the drainage gets blocks and the environment becomes dirty, they will complain about the govt.
Nigerians will push political office holders to steal govt fund, and still complain about corruption and bad economy.
Nigerians will sponsor their children to exam specials centres where they engage in exam malpractice and still come and complain about poor education system.
Nigerians will ignore indecent dressing and behaviors from their children and still complain about indiscipline in the society.

Infact, i recommend that every nigerian citizen should have 1 or 2 police officers to monitor his or her activities 247 if we want to make good progress in this country.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by SwitnessA(m): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju: Suspect List..

1. Ex-PHCN Staff

2. Recently laid-off PHCN Staff

3. Ex-Militants

4. Vandals..

5. ACN|APC|CPC|ANPP Supporters & Politicians.. angry
Retired PHCN staff no recently laid off. Menn i dnt agree wit u. Dis guys jst made der 1st millions. They are busy lookn d type of cars 2 buy.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by nora544: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2013
The problem is in nigeria the religion because they teach not the right things.

that is why so many don't respect each other every body want only get money quick and fast, because it is also a sin when you take something away which belong to the country, he is a thief, did any pastor preach about something like that in the church no because this brings no money to him.

When something happen like this and a pastor preach to his followers that this is not right it will take time but the people will learn.

The problem is that nigerians have no respect to things which belong not to them, so they don't need to take care of this, but christian should know this it is written in the bible but why pastors don't preach it.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by theoctopus: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2013
In the last few weeks, the power situation in my area has deteriorated badly. I went to see the manager of PHCN in my area and was very sad and disappointed in what he said. He said the problem was a system fault somewhere close to our area but what pissed me off was when I engaged him in the current takeover and payoff going on. He told me clearly that once he receives his payment alert, he will stop coming to work immediately. I asked him if he would not hand over to the new guys and he told me clearly that he was not interested in any hand over.

Bad government has become an excuse for Nigerians. Most Nigerians are wicked, unpatriotic and heartless. Here are men who the government has started paying millions in payoff but are unwilling to do their jobs. I just found out that the present takeover process has grossly affected power all over the nation because the present staff have completely abandoned their posts. They just want to collect their money and go and are not even interested in keeping things working till the new owners takeover. we are our own worst enemies. Many of these people are our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews and inlaws. They are not people from other countries. It is very sad

10 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by alienware(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2013
weazley: Me,
Get him arrested.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by XVIER(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2013
YOU YOURSELF END TIME. mitsheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angola’s Chinese-built Ghost Town – A New Phenomenon In Africa - BBC / Aisha Buhari Launches Training Programme For 200 Women In Kastina / White Man Who Nationalised In Nigeria Has Finally Joined The NPF (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.