Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (743277 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by coogar: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
salsera:

Haha
Coogar likes tactical rofo rofo.

yes!

i watched october 1st too. that kunle guy should get 100 awards for that movie. i couldn't find a flaw in the entire movie, it was beautifully crafted.

2 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 5:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Go CANADA

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:19am On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

this is the best nollywood movie i saw this year. desmond elliot is a class act. i never liked his acting until i saw this movie - he delivered a masterclass.

i like how his wife dealt with him. she "kidnapped" his car. grin

Why won't you like it? grin you are in the same wayoing business.....

I just love the way he bought his way out of that statement he made about condoms.... grin Desmond is a clown.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by coogar: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2015
edwife:

I just love the way he bought his way out of that statement he made about condoms.... grin Desmond is a clown.

his policy with his concubines is what cracked me up the most. "i don't sleep with a girlfriend more than once for the respect of my wife."

i mean who says such? as if doing it once instead of 20 times justifies his adultery. that desmond is an arsëhole.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2015
This is me too.. The English ones were so wack and unrealistic at a time that I switched to the Yoruba ones ( they were wack ones too but at least the acting was less fake) and they were some good ones like those you said e.g Madam Dearest, Koseegbe, O Le Ku etc. I remember when my mum was coming over when I had my son and brought me a whole bag filled with Nollywood DVDS mostly Yoruba and some English ones. Oh my gosh the amount of crap in them put me off Yoruba movies for a very long time. I don't think I have fully recovered my taste for Nollywood after that traumatic episode.

Now I only ever watch Nollywood on recommendation.

Will check out all this ones you have recommended on Netflix.

naijababe:

Ok, I will check it out. Funny how I seem to go in cycles with Nollywood movies

There was a time the english really made sense with such movies like the gardner, out of bounds, mortal inheritance, when the sun sets............then they started churning out crap and I stopped watching them and watched only Yoruba ones and they produced some quality movies too such as Oko, KKK, Iru Esin and then turn have started churning out crap too...........so I am back to watching mostly english ones grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

his policy with his concubines is what cracked me up the most. "i don't sleep with a girlfriend more than once for the respect of my wife."

i mean who says such? as if doing it once instead of 20 times justifies his adultery. that desmond is an arsëhole.

gringringrin he is a bush man,what do you expect? cheesy

I can watch that movie countless times,still funny...

Nne it is capital... grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
edwife:

gringringrin he is a bush man,what do you expect? cheesy

I can watch that movie countless times,still funny...

Nne it is capital... grin
lol. The other part that cracked me up was the next scene after telling his girlfriend he doesn't sleep with a girl more than once . remember where he was just coming out of the hotel with the girl and one of his girlfriends saw him with another girl. The way he stylishly pulled the girl away from his car and leave her to fight with the other girl got me grin

after they had finished fighting it just dawned on the girl that he's reversing and tried to stop him. Of course he drove off grin

and the last scene where uche jombo was asking her son junior do you like the food. The look on Desmonds face was just grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
grin grin
edwife:

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Naijababe, Edwife, Damiso .. October 1 is a one spine shivering movie. Abuse & Anger , hmmm.

wish we can have more historic & indigenous movie like this. I'm sick of all these Brazilian weaves looking chicks on TV.

So Akute/Akote is ijebuland where different tribes are amalgamated during migration before independence? Interesting. Read the whole history before but forgot.

Fumilayo Ransome Kuti was feared & respected by whites? Iyalode kofoshi funrarae

I'm hungry for more.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
^ According to the movie, Akote is near Lokoja, supposedly a trading outpost, hence the micro amalgamation
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Till date, There're igbo natives in Akote claimed Ijebuland due to their forfathers early migration. I forgot what they're called again. I have to revisit my history books.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ewuro4:
Naijababe, Edwife, Damiso .. October 1 is a one spine shivering movie. Abuse & Anger , hmmm.

wish we can have more historic & indigenous movie like this. I'm sick of all these Brazilian weaves looking chicks on TV.

So Akute/Akote is ijebuland where different tribes are amalgamated during migration before independence? Interesting. Read the whole history before but forgot.

Fumilayo Ransome Kuti was feared & respected by whites? Iyalode kofoshi funrarae

I'm hungry for more.

Will def watch.. Will add to my list
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
damiso:

Will def watch.. Will add to my list

Pls do. It's on Netflix.

efemenaslectura:

Where can one get original Marykay products in Abuja/Lagos? Please.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
I just finished watching lies men tell..........kai I don laugh finish. Desmond Elliot is a nutter, he did such a fantastic job and the accent....... grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

Pls do. It's on Netflix.

Where can one get original Marykay products in Abuja/Lagos? Please.

go to the palms in lekki when you get there there are various shopping malls .you'll also see security loitering around walking back and forth. Ask them you're looking for where they sell make up they will show you various malls for different malls for make up . It's beside casabella were they sell wigs
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
You can say that again. With huge untidy weaves, weird make ups. Eg brownish red eye pencil, Blue eye liner and Green eyeshadow now top it with 200 naira orange lip stick then terrible English with numerous gbagauns.i don taya
Ewuro4:

I'm hungry for more.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2015
naijababe:
I just finished watching lies men tell..........kai I don laugh finish. Desmond Elliot is a nutter, he did such a fantastic job and the accent....... grin grin grin
lol. Very very grin

the last scene too was epic. Were uche jombo asked her son junior are you not hungry. The look on Desmonds face was priceless including husband and wife's cat fight grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by efemenaslectura: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2015
@ jide girl you will get all kinds of marykay products. Lipstick concealer foundation filler contour highlighter etc
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
lol. Very very grin

the last scene too was epic. Were uche jombo asked her son junior are you not hungry. The look on Desmonds face was priceless including husband and wife's cat fight grin

Desmond was just mad in that movie.............I like how how Uche take treat his eff up o. Next time he will think twice before philandering in the same city as his wife grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
naijababe:

Desmond was just mad in that movie.............I like how how Uche take treat his eff up o. Next time he will think twice before philandering in the same city as his wife grin
including the gbeborun talkative neighbour that is always trying to pocknose into her private life and pick up fight with uche. That girl too was funny and naughty at the same time grin

.always claiming to see her husband here and there grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Chidoks(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
okey,i'm kinda new here so let me introducr myself.
call me Amaka.that means i am ibo.happily married with children.i believe so much in family.i believe families should stick togethet and work out things.i believe happy moments are consciously created.i believe a happy home is a posibility;a product of hard work from the parties involved.
I believr in God.he is my pillar,my rock,my refuge.Thr only one that truly loves me...

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
go to the palms in lekki when you get there there are various shopping malls .you'll also see security loitering around walking back and forth. Ask them you're looking for where they sell make up they will show you various malls for different malls for make up . It's beside casabella were they sell wigs

Thanks a million dear.

CC.. Jennybright & Seunkeji5

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
@ jide girl you will get all kinds of marykay products. Lipstick concealer foundation filler contour highlighter etc

Gotcha. Thanks a lot smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Chidoks:
okey,i'm kinda new here so let me introducr myself.
call me Amaka.that means i am ibo.happily married with children.i believe so much in family.i believe families should stick togethet and work out things.i believe happy moments are consciously created.i believe a happy home is a posibility;a product of hard work from the parties involved.
I believr in God.he is my pillar,my rock,my refuge.Thr only one that truly loves me...

Welcome, welcome, welcome
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
naijababe:

is this one on Netflix too?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
lol. Very very grin

Now you guys make me want to watch it too.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Chidoks(f): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
salsera:

Welcome, welcome, welcome
thanks
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
cococandy:
is this one on Netflix too?

Yes
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
SAMBARRY:
including the gbeborun talkative neighbour that is always trying to pocknose into her private life and pick up fight with uche. That girl too was funny and naughty at the same time grin

.always claiming to see her husband here and there grin

Best part was when she went to pick up her hubby and she said it's time for you to go home and Desmond said your husband is here for you to his friend grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
naijababe:

Yes
ok thanks.

I'll just make my list and wait for Saturday grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by luthorcorp: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Don't allow a little problem like Badbreath(Halitosis) to destroy your destiny,many have gone down a suicidal part becoz of it but I pray it will never ever be your portion, that's why you should contact me today for a permanent solution to that horrible disease ......WhatsApp and calls:::::08082801194, ,bbm:566ef808
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
naijababe:

Best part was when she went to pick up her hubby and she said it's time for you to go home and Desmond said your husband is here for you to his friend grin grin grin grin
including where she was always stalking uche jombo with phone calls "tell him to stop corrupting my husband o" grin

watch opo that's another comic yoruba movie. It's about a widow with 2grown up children that didn't want their mom to remarry.

When one of their mom's lovers came home they embarrassed the man. Said his tribal marks were like pussy cat whiskers and his stomach like someone who has been overfed with cow water

the bottom line of the movie is the challenges Widows face in the society with them remarrying and how their kids cope with their decision

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.