Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (24968 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by realteflon(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
free2ryhme:

guy Tinubu has donated 3 million naira to your cause how do i send me money over i have it with me

grin grin
Guy go rest na,Watin be ur own. Allow those who are tired of the lack of opportunities in her own fatherland. Your papa Na PDP member?. Underemployed are also to join this movement
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by iGeneral: 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
I want to suggest a change of name while still retaining ur acronym:

1. NAUG National Association of unemployable graduate. This is because a majority of the membership are not employed because they are unemployable.

2. NAUG National Association of Uncreative graduates. The balance of the unemployable are uncreative and as such are waiting for office jobs that won't come.

The only thing this 'association' will achieve will be to be used as political foot soldiers for 2015 after which the 'unemployable and uncreative' President of the association will be appointed as the Special Assistant to the President on youth affairs. After that, seeing how lucrative that position has become, others will fight dirty to clinch the position leading to breakage and factionalisation. End of story.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Cathaliya: 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
hmm, na so so talk talk and bad belle people full here o.
I no join again.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by dhoy: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
If militants in this country can earn 75k a month n they can be given scholarships for no positive value added to the Nation's development ,I think we need a revolution.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nazcoj(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
nice one bt d venue is quite far for all to be able to make i. I suggest something like d meeting to hold in all d geo political zones, perhaps selecting a centre city to converge d meeting. It wil garner more strength if broken down to zones. My opinion anyway#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by sonogo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Brothers in the house,
Me I am. Not graduates but am keen interested so am I invited?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by free2ryhme: 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
real-teflon:

Guy go rest na,Watin be ur own. Allow those who are tired of the lack of opportunities in her own fatherland. Your papa Na PDP member?. Underemployed are also to join this movement

i for say make you go park well but you no get car ...

You are tired for lack of opportunities u buy MB dey play play for nairaland and they watch BBA

make u dey deceive people wey dey deceive themselves
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by realteflon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Twitter hash tag should be created too. Something like #NAUG or #UnemlloyedNigeriaGraduateMovement. Also a print media or TV station like channels should invited to the venue. We are doing to save our future and future of those undergraduate seating at home now
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
rman: The problem with Nigerians is we think having certificates should guarantee at least a level of success in life. This is only true if you open your mind to the opportunities around you and you can add value or create something of value. Unfortunately, all the young lads that made new money in the last 25yrs are not graduates. Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc are not graduates, they created something of value and the rest became history. But we have been so programmed to throw certificates at everything. Another issue is some graduates can not really add value because what they studied is not really what the immediate society needs, so they become disappointed after school,when the easy life expected by acquiring a certificate becomes a mirage.

What I can infer from this association is young unemployed graduates that feels society owes them jobs because they are graduates,unfortunately, it does not work that way.

Come together to share ideas, poll resources together with your counterparts in similar fields that you come across by being a member, but if it is to gather CV's with the hope of securing jobs, I'm sorry it is a bad idea. The agric graduate example the OP gave is a good example. Has this young graduate considered relocating to a LG in OYO and start small there? He/she can now bring the produce to Lagos, create better packaging and use his connections to create a niche of customers.

The truth of the matter is entry level jobs are no longer available or they are very few to come by. But, there is still so much to be done that graduates should not complain of lack of something to do. Yes, we can not all be entrepreneurs, but look critically around there is something to be done or improved upon.

As a young unemployed graduate a few years back, I was making up to 80,000 a month by being a basketball instructor to kids in private schools. A friend and I approached these schools in Ikeja and we gave the school principals our proposal. I played basketball in school and I know most of the game masters understand the fundamentals of only soccer and maybe volleyball. We were not employed but allowed to come in four times in a week and teach the kids. We had 40kids per class and four classes and we charged 3000 Naira per kid.
The beauty of it all, each class is just for an hour 2pm to 3pm. So I have time to search for work and still be a part time instructor. I know a law graduate that makes at least 150k a month doing makeup on weekends . I recently told her to build on that instead of bombarding people with she needs a job.
I will wrap it up by saying if truly you have something of value to add to an organisation, it is just a matter of time, that job will find you.

These are like minded people.

People who see a solution and not the problem...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
i-General:
I want to suggest a change of name while still retaining ur acronym:

1. NAUG National Association of unemployable graduate. This is because a majority of the membership are not employed because they are unemployable.

2. NAUG National Association of Uncreative graduates. The balance of the unemployable are uncreative and as such are waiting for office jobs that won't come.

The only thing this 'association' will achieve will be to be used as political foot soldiers for 2015 after which the 'unemployable and uncreative' President of the association will be appointed as the Special Assistant to the President on youth affairs. After that, seeing how lucrative that position has become, others will fight dirty to clinch the position leading to breakage and factionalisation. End of story.

I don't live in your country neither am I unemployed but I just want to share my opinion.

Good you figured out that the name is a setback on the objectives you guys are trying to achieve. Choose a more motivating name associated with progress and potentials. Your current name would mitigate against your growth and nobody would take you serious.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
naijacutee: I think this is a great initiative. Does this association have a website? I think a medium where employers looking for short-term talent could pitch in and provide temporary jobs while permanent jobs are not forthcoming.

I volunteer to create a free website for the association. Call:08036880615 or email:yemisamson@live.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
condralbede: solidarity for ever we shall always fight for our right!
This is exactly how boko hara-amu was formed undecided
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
wofaiwillis:

Lol.....at least, d graduate of zoology can bcum a snake enchanter. All na entrepreneurship....lagosians love to watch snake magic. He myt as well parade trained monkeys and baboons jes to make dem dance to entertain pple...lol.
No be onli eko hotel dem dey organise show cheesy

Srzly, its got me tinkin y some pple filled for dat course in d first place.

Stew-pee-dity can be the only reason.

The last time i saw a functional zoo was as a kid. But sometimes, God chooses the stewpeed things of this life to shame the wise.

OUR PRESIDENT is a ZOOLOGIST. You better pass am
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
rman: The problem with Nigerians is we think having certificates should guarantee at least a level of success in life. This is only true if you open your mind to the opportunities around you and you can add value or create something of value. Unfortunately, all the young lads that made new money in the last 25yrs are not graduates. Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc are not graduates, they created something of value and the rest became history. But we have been so programmed to throw certificates at everything. Another issue is some graduates can not really add value because what they studied is not really what the immediate society needs, so they become disappointed after school,when the easy life expected by acquiring a certificate becomes a mirage.

What I can infer from this association is young unemployed graduates that feels society owes them jobs because they are graduates,unfortunately, it does not work that way.

Come together to share ideas, poll resources together with your counterparts in similar fields that you come across by being a member, but if it is to gather CV's with the hope of securing jobs, I'm sorry it is a bad idea. The agric graduate example the OP gave is a good example. Has this young graduate considered relocating to a LG in OYO and start small there? He/she can now bring the produce to Lagos, create better packaging and use his connections to create a niche of customers.

The truth of the matter is entry level jobs are no longer available or they are very few to come by. But, there is still so much to be done that graduates should not complain of lack of something to do. Yes, we can not all be entrepreneurs, but look critically around there is something to be done or improved upon.

As a young unemployed graduate a few years back, I was making up to 80,000 a month by being a basketball instructor to kids in private schools. A friend and I approached these schools in Ikeja and we gave the school principals our proposal. I played basketball in school and I know most of the game masters understand the fundamentals of only soccer and maybe volleyball. We were not employed but allowed to come in four times in a week and teach the kids. We had 40kids per class and four classes and we charged 3000 Naira per kid.
The beauty of it all, each class is just for an hour 2pm to 3pm. So I have time to search for work and still be a part time instructor. I know a law graduate that makes at least 150k a month doing makeup on weekends . I recently told her to build on that instead of bombarding people with she needs a job.
I will wrap it up by saying if truly you have something of value to add to an organisation, it is just a matter of time, that job will find you.

I like your idea and spirit.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by segzyj(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
ehixking: It all started like a joke on nairaland when a post went viral about graduates coming together to form an association or movement to stop unemployment. Most people saw the idea as a very welcomed initiative that will go a long way in influencing governments policies to create a place for unemployed graduates in the National budget.

Graduates have been sidelined for years in Nigeria,jobs are not forthcoming and graduates find refuge in obtaining masters forms while some depend on their parents for daily bread and recharge card. Nigerian graduates play PS2 better than their counter parts in other countries yet some people speak about been entrepreneurs- but where can we find the enabling environment. Take for example a graduate of Agriculture that lived in Lagos all his life wants to start a poultry farm. Most definitely land would be in his feasibility study in which the land use act of 1978 is the first disadvantage, he needs funds-where would he get it, roads to transport from lagos to other point of sale are bad, electricity to power the farm ..nothing to write home about, funds in case of disease outbreak like gomboro or Newcastle disease " nba"

So how can he manage? Should a graduate start small buy rearing 5 chicken, 2goats, 1 sheep....in whose compound? Has he himself even eaten today(chance for Baba landlord to throw your things away)

In the light of these interested graduates has been mobilised from various parts of the Nation to hold the first general meeting in lagos

Venue.---Unilags sport centre
Time.--9 AM prompt
Date...saturday 7th of september

To discuss the way forward to scrap the menace of unemployment
This is an open invitation to the general public and anybody that would like to support morally or any other way you can

God bless us all for more info
Follow the trend on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Join us on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-Of-Unemployed-Graduates-NAUG/1406249762926389

The movement/group/association or forum is opened to every Nigerian that likes the idea of kicking against unemployment
And most especially all graduates of universities,colleges of Education, polytechnics and all graduates with an academic qualification

Call Ehis on 07030717445 for more info

I hope u guys are not looking for an avenue to use the unemployed graduate to make quick money?....... 2015 things
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by whytnblack: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Korad26: What some students studied in uniersity is useless e.g somene 1 dat sudied zoology, where wld such person work?

ZOO, of course, go dey feed lion and snakes.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by jpphilips(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
ehixking: It all started like a joke on nairaland when a post went viral about graduates coming together to form an association or movement to stop unemployment. Most people saw the idea as a very welcomed initiative that will go a long way in influencing governments policies to create a place for unemployed graduates in the National budget.

Graduates have been sidelined for years in Nigeria,jobs are not forthcoming and graduates find refuge in obtaining masters forms while some depend on their parents for daily bread and recharge card. Nigerian graduates play PS2 better than their counter parts in other countries yet some people speak about been entrepreneurs- but where can we find the enabling environment. Take for example a graduate of Agriculture that lived in Lagos all his life wants to start a poultry farm. Most definitely land would be in his feasibility study in which the land use act of 1978 is the first disadvantage, he needs funds-where would he get it, roads to transport from lagos to other point of sale are bad, electricity to power the farm ..nothing to write home about, funds in case of disease outbreak like gomboro or Newcastle disease " nba"

So how can he manage? Should a graduate start small buy rearing 5 chicken, 2goats, 1 sheep....in whose compound? Has he himself even eaten today(chance for Baba landlord to throw your things away)

In the light of these interested graduates has been mobilised from various parts of the Nation to hold the first general meeting in lagos

Venue.---Unilags sport centre
Time.--9 AM prompt
Date...saturday 7th of september

To discuss the way forward to scrap the menace of unemployment
This is an open invitation to the general public and anybody that would like to support morally or any other way you can

God bless us all for more info
Follow the trend on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Join us on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-Of-Unemployed-Graduates-NAUG/1406249762926389

The movement/group/association or forum is opened to every Nigerian that likes the idea of kicking against unemployment
And most especially all graduates of universities,colleges of Education, polytechnics and all graduates with an academic qualification

Call Ehis on 07030717445 for more info

hope this movement will canvass for good governance by enhancing the popularity of credible candidates come 2015.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by hammedkola(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Beautiful nonsense
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
cdoffx: I must confess i love your writeup however you should understand not everyone can be an entrepreneur and the fact that you're an entrepreneur doesn't mean you can't support this move. As a person right from my undergraduate days i've said i'm never gonna write application to anyone but rather be an entrepreneur yet i'm still in support of this cause. And one thing my brother if you'll want to be sincere an average entrepreneur didn't make such decision as mine of being an entrepreneur but were compelled to that because of no job.
Let us face the fact government has failed drastically. Even in developed countries there is benefit for unemployed, simply because they value their youths.
Talk is cheap you call for being entrepreneurship. Do you have statistic of small and medium scale businesses folding up everyday because there is no enabling environment. Why're even the big and established companies running to Ghana all because energy which an average business needs to survive is total failure here. Pls let face the truth and tell the government they are not performing

Do you know what adaptation means? Learn how to change your situatuation the way animals change environment. You see cows migrating from place to place in search of vegetation...

Personally, i dont see why i wont succeed in life. Habatically, if you see one, please obey it...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by laminaria(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
ydass:

I volunteer to create a free website for the association. Call:08036880615 or email:yemisamson@live.com
You beat me to that bro,..I base in ibadan and I wnt mind in working hand in hand in creating one for dis urborn Org. Let's see hw far pple ar serious abt it then we can talk further.
iRep Ibadanlander!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by crackhouse(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
Beautiful, i love that.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by jpphilips(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
ecolime: Woww... I like this.
The only challenge I see here is continuity. Most key members will opt out immediately they get a good job. I just pray it lasts. Nice initiative Ehis. Keep it up smiley

you seriously want them to be unemployed forever?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by jpphilips(m): 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
cdoffx: For those who do not understand. When the Arab spring was to start, it started on social networks however this is not going to be like the Arab spring because this association is will not tow the path of violence.
For those saying after getting unemployed why continue staying in the association. The meeting is where the name will be changed this is just to catch attention of all those concerned. It'll rather be something...Against Unemployment which will make it open for every Nigerian[entrepreneur.employed, rich or poor ] who wants to kick against unemployment now and for generations unborn to join.
What you people should understand is that this is not just unemployment fight but equally industrial revolution as its one of the key to solving unemployment.
God bless Nigeria.

industrialization isnt the bane of employment in Naija, corruption is. I believe unemployment hasn't gotten to the stage we are experiencing in reality.

if an unemployed graduate makes the right contact he gets a job, where did the job fall from?
until corruption via nepotism is eradicated, unemployment will continue to thrive.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by jpphilips(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
zico2: This is a good motive. I pray it yield a good result. Youths have been sideline for a long time and it needs to stop. Imagine a situation where federal jobs meant for qualified graduates been sold at to political cronies at rate of 100k to 250k, nsitf and civil defence job for instance. For how long re we going to hold our peace. The time is here and something needs to be done. If you have time pls be there. Let the revolution start, we re not fighting for ourselves alone but for the unborn generation. Finally,IF THERE IS ANY POLITICAL CRONY THAT WISH TO DERAIL THIS THREAD,I PROPHESY THAT YOU WL NOT LIVE TO EAT THE FRUITS OF NIGERIA. So shall it be.

the same youths who are used for political thuggery u said are sidelined? gimme a break.
As at yesterday, the same youths were collecting 20k from ifeanyi uba in awka, who is fooling who?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Iriruaga100(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
I hope this association is not hijacked by PDP or APC.What we need is revolution that will shake the foundation of this country.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by lasunray(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
laminaria:
You beat me to that bro,..I base in ibadan and I wnt mind in working hand in hand in creating one for dis urborn Org. Let's see hw far pple ar serious abt it then we can talk further.
iRep Ibadanlander!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
O better
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Infoay: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
picoba: This is a good step.
[size=18pt]If Nigeria can reduce Importation of some goods and promote home made products, Unemployment rate will drastically reduced in Nigeria. [/size]

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Biodup: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Some ajebo guys go consider this initiative as rubbish. I no blame them their papa don send them go convenant uni, babcock some of them can't pass waec on their own. Omo ojeya oni oun ogbon. I commend the brain behind this new initiative, more grace to ur elbow. Airinpo omo ejo lonje ejo niya.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nkanuzu: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
@OP, i suggest you should change d name to include underemployed graduates (National Association of Unemployed and Underemployed Graduates) with a view to adopting a holistic approach to employment challenges faced by nigerian youths (graduates). I can assure u that over 60% of employed graduates are under employed and under perpetual exploitation of employers! I believe this cause shld be championed by all nigerian youths (employed, unemployed or under-employed). To the Glory of God I am gainfully employed but many of my friends at the university are unemployed after several years of struggle. All for one, one for all! The future of this country lies in youths of today. May God bless and guide Nigerian youths

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Aromas: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't believe in this unwarranted association, base on the fact that
(1)Don't u knw d type of country u'r b4 proceeding 2 higher institution? U'r nt suppose 2b told b4 5ndin 1 or 2 tins 2 engaged urself wt during ur studies in institution.
(2)Even though d so called gov't we listen 2 u guy's, I strongly believe dey gonna do it in political way. Na 9ija we dey.
But if u guy's insist 2 proceed, pls n pls let us remove DISCRIMINATION 4rm it, bcus it we b a sheeting wen a Bsc holder we nw b feel pumpous 2 HND or NCE.
Well, I pray everything comes 2 reality
"NOTE" in4m d Nigeria Police Force in ur various environment which dis meeting we b hold b4 protesting 2wrds d gov't or else I CAN C REVOLUTION LOOMING!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! / What My Boss Did To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.