Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

What My Boss Did To Me. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What My Boss Did To Me. (24961 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Boss Did To Me. by Benard5050: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

I left unceremoniously and I felt so sad and betrayed...

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

How can humans be so inhuman and ungrateful?

I have nothing to say to them, I put everything in God's hand.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Candidlady: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
sad
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by talented321: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
The boss is a woman'' then that is their nature majority of them has that problem..

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by youngsahito(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
People never wanted to see somebody below them to be successful. They rather see you beg for food every day and worship them.
Almighty God will help you to be an achiever. You should have had a plan b because women are the assistant to devil.

246 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nazgul: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
As long as you're being paid for services you render to an organization, your argument of labouring and toiling day and night wouldn't hold any water.

That's why staffs are expected to request for a salary review once they begin to feel that the salary they're being paid doesn't match their contributions to the organization.

That said, you resigned from work and still expect to retain the official accommodation, that's very wrong of you. You're leaving them, this means that whoever would be employed to take over your duties would definitely need that room.

You should have planned this out before resigning. You should have opened the dry-cleaning center in that room whilst still doing your teaching job, in the evenings you wash and iron clothes for customers, in the mornings you go to school. It would have been better that way.

Next time seek counsel before taking any decision, so that you won't live to regret it.

374 Likes 36 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Zigzagman: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
You're complaining because your boss betrayed you. Betrayal is a normal part of the workplace. Better thank your stars. You haven't seen the shege this Nigerian graduates have experienced in the hands of their bosses.

In this video: the craziest job stories never told, everyday Nigerians like yourself share their experiences of being maltreated, cheated and fired unceremoniously at the workplace. I bet after you listen to their stories, you will realize that you're is just learning work compared to theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbg7Xqg1cQ

Cheers up baba. Better things are ahead.

4 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Carcholce: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
Brother Bernard, what were you expecting?

Nigerians have too much entitlement mentality. They paid you for your services. You terminated your services and still expect the benefits to remain? What if they need the room for their new employee?

The moment you resigned, you should have moved out within the next days and find your root.

Happy birthday or not, it will not stop you from seeing next year and achieving your goals. Pack out of that room and face reality.

324 Likes 31 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by ProducerXTN(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
It is no longer news that an average Nigeria Employers don't want their Employees to grow

They will always want you to be under them so they can toss you about as they wish.

My siste, cheer up and welcome to the reality on Ground.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by MummaGG: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Kai

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by flokii: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
This is another pointer to why women are never great leaders.. In her own shallow thinking now, you should be their servant for life and never have ambition of your own.

@OP Na her birthday wish you wan chop?.. or you should get all your things and fvcking leave. Change is one thing constant in life and that change has come for you, don't be demoralised.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Hotfreeze: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
Funny guy.
Don't go and look for house, you hear.
Wait till they accuse you falsely and use police to arrest you.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by devilmaycry: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
angry
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by nedekid: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Carcholce:
But what were you expecting?

Nigerians have too much entitlement mentality. They paid you for your services. You terminated your services and still expect the benefits to remain? What if they need the room for their new employee?

The moment you resigned, you should have moved out within the next days and find your root.

Happy birthday or not, it will not stop you from seeing next year and achieving your goals. Pack out of that room and face reality.
Well said.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by phemmyfour: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

You shot yourself in the foot.

For an average naija employer, once you are of no benefit or useful to them, all benefits you were enjoying while working for them stops immediately. Go n get a laundry room elsewhere, vacate the apartment in peace. People like that can even return what is left of your rent.

17 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Powerhouse5050: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nigerians and Shady Plan

You decided to leave the School which is great decision

However does it ever occur to you that the new recruited teacher may need the same room for accommodation?

Your last day in school should also be your last day at the school apartment.

You even left your job without having a shop to continue your business but you wanted to continue using the electricity paid by you or school to do dry cleaning business.

You are bringing more load to power generation and surely I'm convinced monthly electricity bill would eventually be a problem.

You are worried about birthday greetings when you should be worried about half baked plan you got.

The school management did the right thing.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by ritux: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
You got it wrong by resigning and wanting to keep the apartment even though the rent as you say is deducted from your salary.

Where do you want them to accommodate your replacement?

For me it was a good plan to go solo and work for yourself but planned wrongly.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by OceanEye: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
The guy that said you should "pack out from that room and face reality" has already told you the bitter truth.

Don't expect too much from your fellow human being, otherwise you would be disappointed.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by patorial(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
You resigned from your work.
Don't you ever think it that your position will surely be replaced and your replacement will be give the quarter which you occupy?

I think you just shot your sef,and to even think you were there engaging in another business that has nothing to do with the school interest.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by lomprico(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

How will you resign from your place of work and still want to use the facility of your ex employer to start your business? Nobody, even God will not allow such. You did not plan your resignation well.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by kennie2015(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
You ought to have planned your independence long before now, you can't seek for liberty and still somehow depend on them or their resources. It is the reality, you are paid for your services, not humanitarian, just grow up beyond your emotions
Benard5050:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by LibertyRep: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
You should have secured your own apartment before resigning.

The thing is, most employers don't really like you, they like what you can offer. Once that's no more on the table, you are of little importance to them.

They may not have treated you well because of the relationship you think you have built with them over the times. But the truth is I hardly know of any establishment where a staff voluntarily resigned and is allowed to still remain in the official quarters for upwards of 3 months. What if your replacement is also going to be housed in that same apartment?

Please detach emotions and accept the reality.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Tookool(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
I'm pretty sure the rents are subsidised for all teachers of the institution, I don't think they want you to enjoy that subsidy anymore since you're no longer part of them. I feel you're kind of entitled too cus how would you want to be celebrated after quitting a job, you didn't retire bro. All the same, I wish you all the best in your new business

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by DenreleDave(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
Never put women at the place of authority...

Also you left yourself vulnerable by not having a space of your own b4 u quitted the job

6 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Beffiffo: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
It is well o
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by dayleke: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
You have done your own part without fear or favor but just to help them grow.
Put that same energy into your own laundry business too so that it can flourish.
Some will like like you to be a slave/servant forever but it's just not possible.
Please look for an alternate accommodation if you don't want war with them especially the woman.
That's the world we live in.

Good luck to you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
Many ppl will prefer u to be under them nd be answering them Yes sir/ma than 4 to work on improving urself and be independent.Its a sad world.
If u really like dy dry cleaning work damn them all nd work towards achieving ur goal.one day, the man or dy wife might even bring u work nd they will see how far u av grown if u stay commuted to ur work.
Goodluck.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.