Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30749 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
papindinho: fa arifuhni qobla an tahbuduni...........
Thanks brother !!!

U put the transliteration well !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Vansnickers: 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
alcuin:
A wise fool you are.... Answer me, what is thought Thought itself is a creation of the Creator, and it can not conceive what is higher than itself. Can a painting know its creator? Can a car have full knowlegde of its inventor?
Indeed, many people think they are thinking while in reality they do not.
It is correct that the "conception" of God held by the religions is their own creation but God is.

Why do you people like to recycle arguments so much? St Anselm 's Ontological argument that you put up there, has been disproved time and time again, even by Immanuel Kant; who believed in god.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Vansnickers: 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pattey:

Personally, i feel the fact that supernatural powers exists is sort of proof of that. But if you doubt super natural powers exist, please come around and lemme show you some people to offend; a trial will convince you. The source of that power behind super natural powers is something i'd say God has a hand in.

Why don't you go and show James Randi, he has a one million dollar prize for anyone that
can prove the supernatural exists. Go there and prove it to the whole World.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Lovetinz(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
"I have sworn upon the altar of God
eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man"

-Thomas Jefferson, Sept, 1800.

Ignorance will hurt you, religion will destroy you.
Religion.. religion.. Its the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Loll....i.have been laughin my azz off reading this thread

There are many reasons not to believe in God. My favourite argument against god......

[img]http://t.qkme.me/36j5ik.jpg[/img]

Here is my thread with 40 arguments against god
https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments[/quote]
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kayceenaz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
cold:
You cannot prove the existence of something that wasn't there in the first place. God is a creation of man & not the other way round
My brother,you are utterly mistaken and your assertion,I'm sorry to say this,is an ignorant and gibberish one.For you to say that GOD,which is something,wasn't there in the first place is rather absurd and implausible.Talking about GOD connotes that HE is something,which makes it possible for HIM to be our topic of discussion.Can no thing be talked about? Of course,Not! Existence simply means to exist,and to exist means to be,that is,to be something and not nothing.Saying that God is nothing is tantamount to saying that something is nothing,that is,an existent or existing thing doesn't exist.It is just like saying that you,that is presently reading this comment,is dead and doesn't exist.How does that sound? Absolutely contradictory and irrational,isn't it? You could even slap one for saying that.God,which is something,is eternal,athanatos(cannot die) and the beginning of all beginnings.It would be illogical,unreasonable and a reductio ad absurdum to assert that an eternal,perduring,indestructible,all-perfect,perennial,and permanent being has never been,wasn't and still isn't.In other words,like St Anselem,the renowned philosopher,would say,''GOD is the being than which no greater can be conceived.''HE is the first in the hierachy of being,and that SOMETHING beyond which no other something can be imagined.Referring to a person as good presupposes that there are bad persons from which the good person is distinguished.Hence,the concept 'good' implies the existence of the concept 'bad' and vice-versa,as truth implies falsity.Similarly,if we humans eventually die and go out of existence,then that is an implication that there is a being,who always is,never dies,and goes out of existence because that which makes HIM what HE is,is being;HIS essence is to be.That peculiar being,something,existent,is the ALMIGHTY GOD.
However,from the foregoing,it can be confidently said that GOD EXISTS!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
with a mind full of wisdom, how can the atheist ever learn?
You must have heard the story of the western prof that went to a japanese master in search of knowledge...
As customary with the japanese, a tea was poured for the white prof...only this time, even when the cup was filled, the master continue to pour the tea.
After a long gaze in astonishement, the prof was overwhelmed with exasperation and shouted back at the master 'cant you see the cup is long filled and pouring out'?
To this the master replied: 'how can you learn when you are filled with your own wisdom? To learn a superior knowledg, you have to empty your inside and be willing to leave a room for doubt, that perhaps, there just might be something you dont know...
know lets answer some question
Before you brand yourself an atheist, take a moment to see this y-origins.com.
After going thru that site, your knowledge will know no bound either for or against the existance of God.
If you find something fascinating, through in more research on it. run with your finding.

But if by the end of the day, with all open mind, you dont seem to doubt that God does not exist, beat your chest and say you'r an atheist.
Here: y-origins.com.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
mobi5592: with a mind full of wisdom, how can the atheist ever learn?
You must have heard the story of the western prof that went to a japanese master in search of knowledge...
As customary with the japanese, a tea was poured for the white prof...only this time, even when the cup was filled, the master continue to pour the tea.
After a long gaze in astonishement, the prof was overwhelmed with exasperation and shouted back at the master 'cant you see the cup is long filled and pouring out'?
To this the master replied: 'how can you learn when you are filled with your own wisdom? To learn a superior knowledg, you have to empty your inside and be willing to leave a room for doubt, that perhaps, there just might be something you dont know...

And yet you post no proof of your diety existence.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Mopolchi: 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Try Aquinas's Quinque via arguments.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
to begin with, the no.1 question every atheist must answer is: if it is proven to you that God exist, would that make you change your mind??
Honestly speaking, too many atimes we let idealogies get in the way of rational thinking.
we are not hear to prove a point to nobody. But i guest if God dose exists, you should be interested in finding if that be's true with an open mind.
Like i said, and like it is with other matters of life, always leave a room for doubt. Cause it's in doubt that you ask questions, and when you ask questions, you learn and grow.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
mobi5592: with a mind full of wisdom, how can the atheist ever learn?

Keep projecting.....

Atheists are more open....they question and doubt....they wuestion rrligion and question god.

Christians are so close minded that are certain that their Yaweh is the only real god among thousands of gods
Muslims are so close minded that they are certain that Allah......

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by luluosas(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
9jadelta: atheists have logically done that thousands of time but the religious people can't prove to u that god exist s without pointing you to the ridiculous, contradictory book written by uneducated fellows, thousands of years ago.
May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
luluosas:
May God have mercy on your soul.

That is if he exists in the first place

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
It is simple: If truly there is no GOD and that we all exist without one, then there won't be a group of people called Atheist, and there is no need to prove if there is a GOD..see most of the so- called Atheist are people who started out by blaming GOD for whatever tragedy occured to them, it then grew into hatred for GOD, the devil is not sleeping, he subjects them to depression and intensify the hatred they have for GOD..now they settle for that and become what they have chosen to be - GOD'S Enemy
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
the answer you seek might not be handed down to you because you dont need it afterall..
but if for any reason you are intersted in learning at all, and not just making jest of something you don't understand, i implore you to take a look here....
Www.y-origins.com.
This could be the best website you ever visited this year.
There's nothing i culd post here, that can make any meaning considering the limited time at hand.
But before you continue your argument, the resources here are purely scientific proofs.
y-origins.com. Go learn
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by luluosas(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is if he exists in the first place
You too. May the Lord Jesus Christ whom you atheist doubt His existence have mercy on your soul.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
luluosas:
You too. May the Lord Jesus Christ whom you atheist doubt His existence have mercy on your soul.

May the lord Zeus also have mercy on you

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
did you ever wonder what scientists think about the existence of God?
Y-origins.com walks you into the minds of prominent scientists with ground breaking discovries.
for me, its the best site i ever visited...it changed all perceptions for me.
Y-origins.com
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by makizee(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Simple, the world and universe is just too intelligently made to have happened by chance ( the big bang theory) surely, there is an intelligent being at the helm of affairs...call him what you want....He is Allah.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Ejisz: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
the best way to convince an atheist is by wat i call murder dem. Or kpoof dem or lets say kill an atheist nd he will knw d truth and be convinced.i swear...
In the other side he will be slapped, kicked, and kponsd by maybe an angel or who knws who..
D aftermat is gonna be a man(agtheist) finally thrown in the pit of hell..(thats if there is any)..
Life iz per-head sha. . <BLINK>?=WORD.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by swtdarling(f): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
asking if God exists,since one cant see Him,is like asking if air exist,since we cant see it.God has revealed Himself,through His signs and wonders,just like we cant see air,,but we feel it and we make us of it in our daily activities.what it took centuries for scientist to discover has been written down in the Holy Quran.and God creates wonders that even the scientists are awed by.would be back for more.dont mind entertaining questions from atheists

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by adexsimply(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
swtdarling: asking if God exists,since one cant see Him,is like asking if air exist,since we cant see it.God has revealed Himself,through His signs and wonders,just like we cant see air,,but we feel it and we make us of it in our daily activities.what it took centuries for scientist to discover has been written down in the Holy Quran.and God creates wonders that even the scientists are awed by.would be back for more.dont mind entertaining questions from atheists
not convinced..how can you liken the existence of air to that of God? They are Mutually Exclusive

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by dpuzo: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Our god is our mind, what ever you strongly believe in (or have faith in) works for you and thats what every religion teaches. Some people just need a name to call it, some need two or more and some none. What ever works for you and is easier for you to believe.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by swtdarling(f): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
adexsimply: not convinced..how can you liken the existence of air to that of God? They are Mutually Exclusive
i cited that example cos someone said if God trully exist,He should show himself in a super bowl or something.and am saying there are so many things we believe in that we cant see,so y not approach this issue with an open mind to know if He actually exist
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by lonzo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Hello all.
I , love this thread .
I was born a Christian but recently started thinking religion and its other appurtenances are nothing but delusions .

Am preparing to come out to tell my wife, other family members and friends that i no longer believe in the long stories about God .I can tell you confidently that i have seen it all concerning the message of christ !

So, like the OP asked ....is there any means you can use to kindly ( i really want to believe) convince me about the veracity of the claim of God's existence!!!! ....or as per Charles Dawkins its just all about a God delusion that has afflicted our race since the beginning of civilization ?

Do you have the impartation fo the holyspirit in your spirit ?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by gnykelly(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
our deficient mind cannot fully comprehend the existence of GOD. Even in our full conciousness.

Our lord (ALLAH) we bow to thee in truth. You alone we worship. You alone we seek our help from.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
If you read my post you will understand..maybe the atheist should really come out by saying the truth, the reason why he or she believed there is no GOD from personal experience, something we all an relate with and NOT Quotes from books they read...I bet they all have one or two resons why they really hate this GOD and NOT why there is no GOD. For I believe you cannot have anything against what or who does not exist.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
Before you finally make the decision to part ways with religion, again i say, take just to night, browse through the site y-origins.com come back here and tell us what you think about it...
this could be the best site you ever visited...

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by adexsimply(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
swtdarling:
i cited that example cos someone said if God trully exist,He should show himself in a super bowl or something.and am saying there are so many things we believe in that we cant see,so y not approach this issue with an open mind to know if He actually exist
Well..I'm still looking for answers...I'm sure I'll get them, am open-minded, a free-thinker, but none of you guys have been able to convince me

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mobi5592: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
I want the atheist in the house to take some time off to read through the y-origins.com site and come back here for rebutal.
Lets see if these guys know what they're talking about. Awaiting constructive criticism from our learned colleaques in the house.
Y-origins.com
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by salt1: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
The only people I feel sorry for are those whose convictions don't run deep because they don't have experiential knowledge of God, and will allow shallow arguments like these to sweep them off their feet

The people making fun now can change overnight based on experiences and will begin to sing a new song. A foremost atheist, Ali Sina, has made a U-turn. So has Ted Turner.
In a turbulent plane, everybody prays to God! So do many die-hard atheists convert on their death-bed in the face of imminent death.

You are alone and you are ultimately responsible to yourself what you choose to believe. you can't wish God away. Opening this thread for the umpteenth time by atheists is just the confirmation
Nuff said!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by infiniteloop(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Babiloko: [b]d classic wrk chovot halevovot quotes dis beautiful parable......once a rabbi entered a king's palace nd was granted audience wit d king. Nd d king asked im a question,"hw do u knw d existence of a creator?". D rabbi respectfully askd d king 2 liv d room 4 a short time. On d table was a quill,an inkwell nd sum paper. While d king was out of d room,d rabbi wrote a very beautiful poem on d paper. When d king returned he noticed d poem nd was amazed at its poetic style. D ink was stil wet nd d king praised d rabbi 4 writing such a beautiful poem. D rabbi replied dat he had nt written d poem, rather, he had taken d inkwell,poured it into d paper nd d letters formed themselves. D king ridiculed such suggestion sayin it wud b impossible for d ink 2 arrange itsef into a single letter,let alone a word,let alone a sentence and certainly nt a beautiful poem! The rabbi replied, "there is ur ansa. If d ink in d inkwell cannot form a poem without d hand of a poet. Then certainly d world. Wich is infinitely mur complex dan d poem. Could nt possibly form itsef without d hand of a master creator![/b]

Well that can happen in an infinite time. You just have to wait.

If you can wait for a billion billion billion billion years, a monkey will write all the books on earth.

The existence of an object doesn't imply its creation.

I ll love to go into some physics to even prove that the universe might not have been created.

To create the universe you need:
1. Mass
2. Energy
3. Space

Mass and Energy can be converted to one another. So you need just:

1. Energy
2. Space.

Have you heard of 'Negative Energy'?! Google that.

Let me continue: It takes a blackhole to explode to form the present Universe we are in.

The universe couldn't have been created because a black hole has no time. You will need to do some reading on Einstein relativity to get the picture clearer.

In simple terms, there is no time in a black hole because of its super high gravity. Gravity so high, light can't pass through it.

If the universe is a resultant of the blackhole exploding, and we know it has no time, it will be stupid to think the universe would have been created because there is no 'before' the big bang. What time will the uniiverse be created in since the big bang is the beginning of time.

Unless of course, you are considering the possibility of another time dimension.

Have you heard of the M-theory. That's a theory proposing the possibility of other universes and the black hole could be a gate way to other universes.

Do you know you can theoretically travel into the future and the past by a matter of space-time warp?!

How about you know that the current universe is always expanding resulting in increasing entropy and more planets created possibly.

I ll tell you this: The universe is over 14 billion years and planet is just 6 billion years. Humans by the way, just 100,000 years or less. And we have over 10 to power 100 planet in our universe which gives a possibility of alien life. We will never find out sadly. We are too far away from even the closest galaxy.

My point is: the universe was not created for mankind. It is ego and self importance that make us various myth we call religion.

If you understand the basic workings of the universe, you won't ask the question of God existence.

The right question is: what is God?!

Define that entity and then we can start talking if he exist or not. And please don't quote any book. You will be committing a kind of fallacy-circular.

I recommend you read the Elegant Universe by Brian Greene and a video by Hawkings on 'Did God create the universe?'.

Have fun.

BTW, I am not atheist. I am a pantheist and also ignostic.

P.S.: So humans seriously think the creator of 10 to power 100 planets and other billion stars over 14 billion years would send his son to die for some humans less than 100,000 years old in some remote planet. Seriously?!

You call your God a big God yet you even consider the idea with your human brain that you are capable of offending the supreme intelligent being that created the universe. You call it sin. Don't you think that's an insult?!

I am out. Let me stop typing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.