Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30829 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by papindinho(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
requesting for proof itself is a fallacy as one's mind is always bent on what one is willing to believe and what he is not willing to believe. You can't convince a monkey to try sipping VIJU milk no, it's acquainted with BANANA.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
You are only an Atheist based on your tragedies...thats all just try to get over whatever happened to you and continue living life for many has gone through a lot than you can ever imgine and still they held on to GOD....and pls read Romans 1:18-21

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Orikinla(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Ignorance is the problem of atheists.

John 1:1 is enough explanation of the existence of God.

In the beginning was the WORD.

The problem of atheists is their misunderstanding of the biblical definition of God.

Any intelligent person who has studied the DNA and genome will not doubt the existence of God.

If you want the evidence of God, look at yourself in the mirror.
[/size]
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
CodeHouse: You are only an Atheist based on your tragedies...thats all just try to get over whatever happened to you and continue living life for many has gone through a lot than you can ever imgine and still they held on to GOD....and pls read Romans 1:18-21

sharrap there... in reality you yourself are also an atheist to 150,000 - 3 gods... you own post can also go like this:

CodeHouse: You are only an Atheist(to Allah) based on your tragedies...thats all just try to get over whatever happened to you and continue living life for many has gone through a lot than you can ever imgine and still they held on to Allah....and pls read the quran

you've virtually not given evidence for your god at all

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by marcangelo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
WHETHER U BLIV IT OR NOT GOD EXIST, being an atheist is ur own cup of tea.... D fact is knwing d origin of God himself is beyond d understanding of human brain... Even real christians,popes,bishops,founders dont understandS d origin...talkless of an athiest? lolzz
its like telling a baby to understand university CALCULUS... We humans are like babies and wntin to knw origin of God is like a day old baby tryn toundstnd calculus..(illustration)

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Afrobasic..u see that anger and curses right there is what I am talking about..why the rage in your tone? Since you believe so much in LOGIC, logically it still doesnt make sense to argue over what does not exist? My Muslem brothers can of course give you a quotation from the quran to prove to you the existence of GOD why not? Seriously dude you never believed in GOD? Perhaps you can share with us your personal experience, and account based on what GOD did to you that made you hate him this much..
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Tobetoe(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
cold:
You cannot prove the existence of something that wasn't there in the first place. God is a creation of man & not the other way round
i hate u
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
CodeHouse: @Afrobasic..u see that anger and curses right there is what I am talking about..why the rage in your tone? Since you believe so much in LOGIC, logically it still doesnt make sense to argue over what does not exist? My Muslem brothers can of course give you a quotation from the quran to prove to you the existence of GOD why not? Seriously dude you never believed in GOD? Perhaps you can share with us your personal experience, and account based on what GOD did to you that made you hate him this much..

what rage in my tone?... I only said you should shut up because you made a false assumption this:
You are only an Atheist based on your tragedies

as I said you are also an atheist to 150000-3 gods.. Perhaps you yourself can share with us your personal experience, and account based on what they(the other gods) did to you that made you hate them this much..

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by 4q: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
Tell him to watch National Geographic Wild. (Nat Geo Wild). Nothing convinces more than those animals in their design and intelligence, that there is a higher power responsible for such amazing creations.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Afrobasic bro there is only one true GOD..the one who created heaven and earth..those gods you mentioned are actually the ones we humans invented as we can easily relate with something visible, and so satan and his demons took that advantage to decieve some...to tell you the truth, I believe there are principalities and powers, there are demons and satan but I dont worship them because why settle for less when there is ALMIGHTY GOD OF ALL OF THEM..so you see I believe there 35 billion gods but there is a better ONE

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
CodeHouse: @Afrobasic bro there is only one true GOD..the one who created heaven and earth..those gods you mentioned are actually the ones we humans invented as we can easily relate with something visible, and so satan and his demons took that advantage to decieve some...to tell you the truth, I believe there are principalities and powers, there are demons and satan but I dont worship them because why settle for less when there is ALMIGHTY GOD OF ALL OF THEM..so you see I believe there 35 billion gods but there is a better ONE

So which of the numerous gods are you talking about allah,sango, jehovah, zeus, horus and so many others? and how can i know this god?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by smajatt(m): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
i pity some ppl here spilin abomination 4rm dia mouth 'jst because its a faceless forum does nt mean its a faceless world'.
Bak 2 d topic,honestly nd tecnical speakin dias no way u can prove to an athiest dat God exist,cos bliv me every act,incident,ocurence has a scientific explanation...dat aside d easiest way to convince such a felow dat God exist is for u 2 jst pray dat he dies "grins" 1c a person dies d isue of God's existence bcoms clear,infact clearer dan d hapiest day in ur lyf.
SO IF U LYK SAY GOD EXIST.
IF U LYK SAY GOD DOES NT EXIST.
U wil wen d tym coms
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by FarmTech(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars:

Lmao..

Let's see...

Go into a quiet place, still your mind and ask God to reveal himself... Just keep waiting...

Didn't know when I dozed off..
u weren't serious enof or it was due to ur sin. U'll neva enter God's kingdom if u're not like a child. U think u're wise? Open ur eyes and see the foolishness b4 it's too late.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Javanian..glad to hear from you..really you want to know the true GOD? Well to start with empty your self, which I do not expect to be right away, for it took years for you to embed your mind with the ideology that that there is no GOD, so pls take some time and free yourself from such an ideology and when you are really thirsty and ready to accept the ONE true GOD, it will come to you and you will find peace
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by FarmTech(m): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Maybe there are many creators. Each specializing in his/her own field. You cannot tell me that the same creator that designed the moon on jupiter also spent time designing the vagina of dogs.
u don't believe in God but u belong to Satan. So u're a devil sent by satan to deceive the weak minded.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by aywhy93(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
ebamma 3: to the bible believing and allah believing guys in the house, how can you prove to an atheist that God really exist?

Tell Him or Her to tune is GoTV, DsTV or whatever to Discovery World and watch it for an hour - if he /she still don't believe there is God, He should tune it to [size=14pt]Nat Geo Wild[/size] and watch it for another one Hour - if he still don't believe there is God ... Ask him to draw anything on a sheet of paper then ask him who drew it .. he will surely say - he did, now ask him how come all those creatures he has been watching just existed without anyone creating them ??

After studying Creatures deeply, only a fool will say there is no God and such person doesn't worth living...

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Sall(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
I wonde why most religion poeple wil not reason always ready to die for everything written in that book called the bible. Written by those with interior motives for there greedy and selfish interest dammm !u holy need religion to be bad;

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by princefunmmy(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
We are in the year 2013 AD (After the death of christ)... And If christ existed then, God existsss. Because read I john 5vs 17 and John 1:1-14... God Bless
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Javanian..I do not want to force anything on you..and certainly will not come to you as a witness, muslim, hindu as you want me to..why not put yourself in that state of being really empty and thirsty, then ask in a simple and sincere prayer maybe tonight before you go to bed or whenever you are certain that you are emptied and ready to be filled with the awesome knowledge of the ONE true GOD, that you want him to give you understanding and reveal himself to you and also tell you HIS name, that's what I did and it worked..do that and share with all who posted on this thread,your experience and the name HE said to you, perhaps it already exists on your list of diety above..thanks
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by cold(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Kayceenaz: My brother,you are utterly mistaken and your assertion,I'm sorry to say this,is an ignorant and gibberish one.For you to say that GOD,which is something,wasn't there in the first place is rather absurd and implausible.Talking about GOD connotes that HE is something,which makes it possible for HIM to be our topic of discussion.Can no thing be talked about? Of course,Not! Existence simply means to exist,and to exist means to be,that is,to be something and not nothing.Saying that God is nothing is tantamount to saying that something is nothing,that is,an existent or existing thing doesn't exist.It is just like saying that you,that is presently reading this comment,is dead and doesn't exist.How does that sound? Absolutely contradictory and irrational,isn't it? You could even slap one for saying that.God,which is something,is eternal,athanatos(cannot die) and the beginning of all beginnings.It would be illogical,unreasonable and a reductio ad absurdum to assert that an eternal,perduring,indestructible,all-perfect,perennial,and permanent being has never been,wasn't and still isn't.In other words,like St Anselem,the renowned philosopher,would say,''GOD is the being than which no greater can be conceived.''HE is the first in the hierachy of being,and that SOMETHING beyond which no other something can be imagined.Referring to a person as good presupposes that there are bad persons from which the good person is distinguished.Hence,the concept 'good' implies the existence of the concept 'bad' and vice-versa,as truth implies falsity.Similarly,if we humans eventually die and go out of existence,then that is an implication that there is a being,who always is,never dies,and goes out of existence because that which makes HIM what HE is,is being;HIS essence is to be.That peculiar being,something,existent,is the ALMIGHTY GOD.
However,from the foregoing,it can be confidently said that GOD EXISTS!
Blah,blah,blah..oya enough of the sophistry & philosophical jargon. Just prove it! Prove your God's existence. I mean seriously how hard can that be?& please do NOT refer me to your Jewish book of fables. You should be a lot smarter than that

Tobetoe: i hate u
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by marcangelo(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
princefunmmy: We are in the year 2013 AD (After the death of christ)... And If christ existed then, God existsss. Because read I john 5vs 17 and John 1:1-14... God Bless
u didnt com yesterday to 87... Y?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by swtdarling(f): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
adexsimply: Well..I'm still looking for answers...I'm sure I'll get them, am open-minded, a free-thinker, but none of you guys have been able to convince me

QUESTIONS ATHEISTS ASK
1. "Is God pure, good, loving and fair? - If so,
then where does evil, hatred and injustice
come from?"
Answer:
Allah tells us that He is Pure, Loving, and
absolutely Just in every respect. He says that
He is the Best of Judges. He also tells us that
the life that we are in is a test. He has
created all the things that exist and He has
created all that happens as well. There is
nothing in this existence except what He
has created. He also says in the Quran that
He created evil (although He is not evil). He is
using this as one of the many tests for us.
2. "Does God really have power of things? -
If so, then why does He let people become
sick, oppressed and die?"
Answer:
Oppression is something that Allah forbids
for Himself to do to anyone and He hates it
when anyone oppresses someone else. He
does have absolute power over everything.
He allows sickness, disease, death and even
oppression so that we can all be tested in
what we do.
3. "Can you prove there is a God?"
Answer:
Can you prove that you exist? Yes, of course
you can. You merely use your senses to
determine that you can see, hear, feel, smell,
taste and you have emotions as well. All of
this is a part of your existence. But this is
not how we perceive God in Islam. We can
look to the things that He has created and
the way that He cares for things and
sustains us, to know that there is no doubt
of His existence.
Think about this the next time that you are
looking up at the moon or the stars on a
clear night; could you drop a drinking glass
on the sidewalk and expect that it would hit
the ground and on impact it would not
shatter, but it would divide up into little
small drinking glasses, with iced tea in
them? Of course not.
And then consider if a tornado came
through a junkyard and tore through the
old cars; would it leave behind a nice new
Mercedes with the engine running and no
parts left around? Naturally not.
Can a fast food restaurant operate itself
without any people there? That's crazy for
anyone to even think about.
After considering all of the above, how could
we look to the universe above us through a
telescope or observe the molecules in a
microscope and then think that all of this
came about as a result of a "big bang" or
some "accident?"
(see also "Quran" below)
4. "Does God know everything that is going
to happen? - Does He have absolute control
on the outcome of everything? - If so, how
is that fair for us? Where is our free will
then?"
Answer:
Allah Knows everything that will happen. The
first thing that He created was the "pen" and
He ordered the pen to write. The pen wrote
until it had written everything that would
happen. And then Allah began to create the
universe. All of this was already known to
Him before He created it. He does have
absolute and total control at all times. There
is nothing that happens except that He is in
control of if.
There is a mistake in the question: "Free
Will." Allah alone, has Free Will, He Wills
whatever He likes and it will always happen
as He wills. We have something called, "Free
choice." The difference is that what Allah
"Wills" always happens and what we choose
may or may not happen. We are not being
judged on the outcome of things, we are
being judged on our choices. This means
that at the core of everything will always be
our intentions. Whatever we intended, is
what we will have the reward for. Each
person will be judged according to what
Allah gave them to work with, how they
used it and what they intended to do with it.
As regards the actual "Judgment Day" - Allah
tells us that everything we are doing is
being recorded and not a single tiny thing
escapes from this record. Even an atom's
weight of good will be seen on the Day of
Judgment and even a single atom's weight
of evil will be seen too.
The one who will bring the evidences
against us will be ourselves. Our ears,
tongue, eyes and all of our bodies will begin
to testify against us in front of Allah on the
Day of Judgment. None will be oppressed on
that Day, none will be falsely accused.
He could have put everyone in their
respective places from the very beginning,
but the people would complain as to why
they were thrown in Hell without being
given a chance. This life is exactly that; a
chance to prove to ourselves who we really
are

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Hero10001: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thank God say man no be God.

God is not a man, His thoughts are far different to Man's.

Even when Jesus Christ was on earth People doubted him, people wanna see magic!

Atheists, you can doubt everything but doubt not that The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY reigns..

I know of Jehovah "YAWEH'', ERUJEJE, OLOGO-DIDAN, OBA-NLA, The Greatest Personality in Phylosophy, The Greatest; Physician, Surgeon, Engineer, Man in Battle..

Doubt HIM Now, and He Shall STRIKE YOU Hard ..

Praise GOD!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by elfico(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
you can hardly convince them cos they believe they have enough understanding. Allah (God) spoke of this in the Qu'ran thus:

"Read in the name of your Lord who created."

"Who created man from a clot of blood".

"Read! Your Lord is the most generous".

"Who taught by the pen".

"Taught the human what he(human) did not know".

"Indeed, surely the human is very insolent".

"That he(human) sees himself sufficed".

"Indeed to your lord is the returning."

Am sure d christian folks will have also have something pertaining to this.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Image123(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bla bla bla, there they go again, Some fellow as being taught something, now he feels so intelligent that there is no God. When the atheist has proved to me that there is no God, i will then prove my own na.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Chrisdmeek(m): 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
onetrack:

Indeed the world has many wonderous things, but also in equal parts chaos, cruelty, injustice, and deformity. In any case these wonders are easily explainable in terms of science. I've also seen some pretty amazing things created by humans as well.

As to your second point, ".....NO PROOF IS POSSIBLE." Proof is possible; just have your god(s) reveal itself to all people in earth, including the atheists, scientists, and skeptics. Your god should do something which by any standard should be considered a miracle, and subject to rigorous scientific testing.

A god whispering in the ears of long-dead people who called themselves 'prophets' is not sufficient, and the alleged 'miracles' which were performed in front of uneducated, superstitious people do not meet any standard for truth by any measure I could accept.

While it is unquestionably arrogant and not completely true, I like Ernest Hemingway's quote: "All thinking men are atheists." It is not enough to say that a god creates people and then chooses who he guides, which then separates the believers from the unbelievers. Such a god is not worthy of worship.
My friend just know dat d apex level of ur wisdom is d most ridiculous foolishness before HIM. Dnt tell him to appear before You cos HE's not beging U to believe in HIM. Or say HE should perform a miracle cos I wonder d other miracle U wish to see. U are simply ignorant of d tinx U've seen happen so U fink u've not seen any. Have ur scientists ever proved how dia discoveries came to exist? D only we see is some oda scientists coming out to prove them wrong but have u seen the World change its form (like changing 4rm spherical to oda shape?) My dear dere is only ONE GOD and ONE CREATOR. HIS name is JEHOVAH. Dnt believe HIM 2day buh I'm sure someday U'll wish U believed

And Please I plead dat U believe 2day to be saved "FOR GOD SO LOVED D WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON DAT WHOSOEVER BELIVETH IN HIM SHOULD Nt PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE" Praise GOD!!! Please HE wants you saved!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Tobetoe(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is a true life story,of a Barber, being an atheist.. He never believed that a creator existed. To d extent that he preaches to his patronisers at his barbing saloon that there is no God. Even his customers started to give interest in his sily pooms and talks. And there was this day,as usual his saloon was full to capacity and he was doing his job at d same time telling every tom,dick and harry dat dia is no creator,and then dis young man step into d saloon, and on hearing of d argument on ground,he tried so hard to look for something or how he should prove to d mr barber dat dia is a God,. then dis young man discovered dat d barber was winning d argumen,all his customers began hailing d barber.. D young man then left d saloon feeling heartbroken dat he was not able to give a proof dat God existed.. Walking so lonley on d road to his house, he found a young man carrying a very bushy hair,so uncut,and immediately a idea came to him, so he returned to d barber's shop and went straight to d barber and said ,i now believe dat there is no Barber in this world and am going to prove it to u now, and d Barber laughed and said,I AM THE BARBER,if u don't come to me, then i will not be able to cut ur hair and so it remains uncut, and d young said ,when i first walked into dis place, i saw u leading an argument ,saying dat God never existed,but then i looked for a way to make u understand,but couldn't find any and so i forgot about d hair i came to cut and went home,and on my way home i saw a boy carrying a very bushy hair and now i have come to tell u THAT IS GOD,WHO CREATED D HEAVENS AND D EARTH AND IT IS U WHO HAS FAILED TO GO TO HIM,AND TO SEEK HIS PRESENCE,BUT U CHOOSED NEVER TO. On hearing of dis words d BARBER BECAME CONVINCED THAT A GOD EXISTED.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by swtdarling(f): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
adexsimply: Well..I'm still looking for answers...I'm sure I'll get them, am open-minded, a free-thinker, but none of you guys have been able to convince me

QUESTIONS ATHEISTS ASK (continued)
5. "If God created everything - then who
created God?"
Answer:
According to the Quran, Allah tells us that He
is the only creator and sustainer of all that
exists and that nothing and no one exists
alongside Him, nor does He have any
partners. He tells us that He is not created,
nor is He like His creation in anyway. He calls
Himself by a number of names and three of
them are:
A) The First - (Al-Awal)
B) The Last - (Al Akhir)
C) The Eternal, who is sought after by His
creation, while He has no need from them at
all. (As-Samad)
He always has existed and He never was
created, as He is not like His creation, nor
similar to it, in any way.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by oludy: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Let's start from here.

Who created the Creator?
Who created the Creator that created the Creator?

Let's continue.....

Who created the Creator that created the Creator that created the Creator?

.....If we continue, we will realize that at one point, we will have to have an uncreated Creator.

There must be a beginning.

If you bring in the theory of evolution, where did the first living organism come from? It must have a beginning. Though it does not make sense to me that i evolved from a monkey. We should have evolved to aliens by now.

Please watch the video below and come back wth your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

"You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Cars, Tricycles, Grinding Machines To People On Xmas / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2018 Prophecies: “3 Senators Will Die This Year!”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.