Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire (34853 Views)

Juan Hugo's Testimony Of Heaven & Hell / Complete Testimony Of Heaven And Hell | New 2013 - Linda Ngaujah Part 1 / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by AMossley(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
henrychubayo:

You really got it all wrong. If this thing you said its true, it should have been written in d book of revelation which foretells things that will happen in the future. For instance, wen Revelation 12 talks about satan been chased out of heaven, he was still in heaven then. It was years later that Jesus chased him and the same chapter of Revelation detailed where he was and wat he will be doing.

Rev 12:7-9 said he was defeated and no place was found for them in the heaven and so he was send down to earth. And his angels were send down to earth with him.

Notice the next thing

Rev 12:12 said Woe for the earth for the devil has come down to you having great anger knowing his has a short time left.

This bible words were written b4 this event occurred and that is why it is called revelation.
So basically we could ask where is Satan now? Going by the evidence, facts and what the bible said, we can truthfully say that he is Here on earth trying to deceive as many people as possible to be destroyed along with him cause he has a short period of time left.

Satan is in no Hell fire but he on earth. If then the hell fire is on the earth, where is it located? We should note that our God is of love and understanding. If we understand the details of his creations and other things from him, why won't he tell us where hell fire is located at least to prove the point it is real.

One thing is for sure. Satan is here on earth causing so much bad things. Yes satan is on d earth which is the only known fact from d bible.
kiss
henrychubayo:

You really got it all wrong. If this thing you said its true, it should have been written in d book of revelation which foretells things that will happen in the future. For instance, wen Revelation 12 talks about satan been chased out of heaven, he was still in heaven then. It was years later that Jesus chased him and the same chapter of Revelation detailed where he was and wat he will be doing.

Rev 12:7-9 said he was defeated and no place was found for them in the heaven and so he was send down to earth. And his angels were send down to earth with him.

Notice the next thing

Rev 12:12 said Woe for the earth for the devil has come down to you having great anger knowing his has a short time left.

This bible words were written b4 this event occurred and that is why it is called revelation.
So basically we could ask where is Satan now? Going by the evidence, facts and what the bible said, we can truthfully say that he is Here on earth trying to deceive as many people as possible to be destroyed along with him cause he has a short period of time left.

Satan is in no Hell fire but he on earth. If then the hell fire is on the earth, where is it located? We should note that our God is of love and understanding. If we understand the details of his creations and other things from him, why won't he tell us where hell fire is located at least to prove the point it is real.

One thing is for sure. Satan is here on earth causing so much bad things. Yes satan is on d earth which is the only known fact from d bible.
I said under the earth,not on the earth,it's the eternal place of destruction of the devil in the last day after the rapture and not now
now some verses that confirm it that hell is under the earth are: Isaiah 14:9,5:14,14:15,Ezekiel 31:16-17,32:27,Psalms 55:15,86:13,proverbs 7:27,9:18,15:24
some verses that show that hell exists:Matthew 10:28,11:23,18:9,23:33,mark 9:45,luke 10:15.
Please,try to read kjv version and not jehovah's witness bible.
My own prayer daily is for grace to make heaven,the world is worthless with pains,afflictions,injustice,corruption,crime,wickedness and other evils.life is ephemeral and we're all mortals.so let's make up our minds where to spend eternity:hell or heaven?
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by debbleopto: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
50calibre: My question is - why is it that most visions of hell or Divine manifestations are experienced by blacks, and mostly in Africa. Is hell made only for the black man?

African need to wake up from hallucinations.

here is warning before any soul drops there today. From testimonies of dying saved and unsaved.

nal throne. -- Fifty
Years and Beyond.
007 -- THE AWFUL DEATH
OF AN INFIDEL SON
"I will never be guilty of
founding my hopes for the
future upon such a
compiled mess of trash as
is contained in that book
(the Bible), mother. Talk o]
that's being the production
of an Infinite mind; a boy
ten years of age, if he was
half-witted, could have told
a straighter story, and
made a better book. I
believe it to be the greatest
mess of lies ever imposed
upon the public. I would
rather go to hell (if there is
such a place) than have the
name of bowing to that
impostor -- Jesus Christ --
and be dependent on his
merits for salvation."
"Beware! Beware! my son,
'for God is not mocked,'
although 'He beareth with
the wicked long, yet he will
not keep His anger
forever.' And 'all manner
of sin shall be forgiven
men, except the sin against
the Holy Ghost, which has
no forgiveness.' And many
are the examples, both in
sacred and profane history,
of men who have been
smitten down in the midst
of their sinning against
that blessed Spirit."
"Very well, father, I'll risk
all the cutting down that I
shall get for cursing that
book, and all the agonies
connected therewith. Let it
come, I'm not at all
scared."
"O Father, lay not this sin
to his charge, for he knows
not what he does."
"Yes, I do know what I'm
about, and what I say --
and mean it."
"John, do you mean to
drive your mother raving
distracted? Oh, my God!
what have I done that this
dreadful trial should come
upon me in my old age?"
"Mother, if you don't want
to hear me speak my
sentiments, why do you
always begin the subject? If
you do not want to hear it,
don't ever broach the
subject again, for I shall
never talk of that book, in
any other way."
The above conversation
took place between two
fond parents and an only
son, who was at home on a
visit from college, and now
was about to return. And
the cause of this outburst
was, the kind-hearted
Christian parents had
essayed to give him a few
words of kind admonition,
which, alas! proved to be
the last. And the above
were his last words which
he spoke to them as he left
the house.
How anxiously those fond
parents looked after him as
though something told
them that something
dreadful would happen.
What scalding tears were
those that coursed their
way down these furrowed
cheeks! Oh! that they might
have been put in the bottle
of mercy! Poor, wretched
young man, it had been
better for him had the
avalanche from the
mountain crushed him
beneath its deadly weight
ere those words escaped
his lips. Little did he think
that He who said, "Honor
thy father and mother,"
and, "He that hardeneth
his heart, and stiffeneth his
neck, shall suddenly be
destroyed, and that
without remedy," was so
soon going to call him to
give an account for those
words, so heart-rending to
his aged parents, and so
dreadful in the sight of a
holy God. He had imbibed
those dreadful principles
from an infidel room-mate
at college. Beware, young
men, with whom you
associate, lest you fall as
did this unfortunate young
man.
John B. left his home and
hastened to the depot
where he took the cars
which were to bear him to
M. where he was in a few
months to finish his
studies. The whistle blew,
and away swept the cars
"across the trembling
plain." But alas! they had
gone but a few miles, when
the cars, coming round a
curve in a deep cut, came
suddenly upon an
obstruction on the track,
which threw the engine
and two of the cars at once
from the rails.
As fate would seem to have
it, the wicked son (John B.)
was that moment passing
between them. He was
thrown in an instant from
the platform, his left arm
being "broken, and his
skull fractured by the fall;
and in an instant one of the
wheels passed directly over
both his legs near the body,
breaking and mangling
them in the most dreadful
manner. Strange as it may
seem, no one else was
injured. The dreadful news
soon reached his already
grief-stricken parents; and
ere long that beloved, yet
ungrateful son, was borne
back to them; not as he
left, but lying upon a litter
a poor, mangled, raving
maniac. Why these pious
parents were called to pass
through this dreadful trial,
He "whose ways are in the
deep and past finding out,"
only knows; except that by
this sad example of His
wrath many might be
saved. Many skillful
physicians were called, but
the fiat of the Almighty had
gone forth, and man could
not recall it. When the
news reached the college,
his class-mates hastened to
see him. When they came,
nature was fast sinking,
but the immortal part was
becoming dreadfully alive.
Oh! that heart-rending
scene. His reason returning
brought with it a dreadful
sense of his situation. His
first words were, and oh,
may never mortal hear
such a cry as that again
upon the shores of time:
"Mother! I'm lost! lost! lost!
damned! damned! damned
forever!" and as his class-
mates drew near to the
bed, among whom was the
one who had poisoned his
mind with infidelity, with a
dreadful effort he rose in
the bed and cried, as he
fixed his glaring eyes upon
him: "J___, you have
brought me to this, you
have damned my soul!
May the curses of the
Almighty and the Lamb
rest upon your soul
forever."
Then like a hellish fiend, he
gnashed his teeth, and
tried to get hold of him
that he might tear him in
pieces. Then followed a
scene from which the
strongest fled with horror.
But those poor parents had
to hear and see it all, for
he would not suffer them
to be away a moment. He
fell back upon his bed
exhausted, crying, "O
mother! mother, get me
some water to quench this
fire that is burning me to
death"; then he tore his
hair and rent his breast;
the fire had already begun
to burn, the smoke of
which shall ascend up for
ever and ever. And then
again he cried, "O mother,
save me, the devils have
come after me. O mother,
take me in your arms, and
don't let them have me."
And as his mother drew
near to him, he buried his
face in that fond bosom
which had nourished and
cherished him, but, alas,
could not now protect or
shield from the storm of
the Almighty's wrath, for
he turned from her, and
with an unearthly voice he
shrieked, "Father! mother!
father, save me; they come
to drag my soul -- my soul
to hell." And with his eyes
starting from their sockets,
he fell back upon his bed a
corpse. The spirit had fled
-- not like that of Lazarus,
borne on the wings of a
convoy of angels, but
dragged by fiends to meet
a fearful doom. May his
dreadful fall prove a
warning to those who
would unwittingly walk in
the same path. -- Earnest
Christian, September, 1867

1 Like

Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by biafranqueen: 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hades (/ˈheɪdiːz/; from Ancient Greek Ἅιδης/ᾍδης, Hāidēs; Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas) was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. They mixed this doctrine in during the Greek translation to bring fear to the Greeks. It is not in the Hebrew and Aramaic version. This was a scare tactic to keep the masses in fear you people should really read more embarassed

In older Greek myths, the realm of Hades is the misty and gloomy[26] abode of the dead (also called Erebus), where all mortals go. Later Greek philosophy introduced the idea that all mortals are judged after death and are either rewarded or cursed. Very few mortals could leave his realm once they entered: the exceptions, Heracles, Theseus, are heroic. Even Odysseus in his Nekyia (Odyssey, xi) calls up the spirits of the departed, rather than descend to them.

Hades is the standard translation for Sheol in the Septuagint, Josephus, Philo of Alexandria, and other Jewish works written in Greek.

In the Greek version of an obscure Judaeo-Christian work known as 3 Baruch (never considered canonical by any known group), "Hades" is described as a dark, serpent-like monster or dragon who drinks a cubit of water from the sea every day, and is 200 plethra (20,000 Greek feet, 6 kilometres) in length.

Like other first-century Jews literate in Greek, early Christians used the Greek word Hades to translate the Hebrew word Sheol. Thus, in Acts 2:27, the Hebrew phrase in Psalm 16:10 appears in the form: "you will not abandon my soul to Hades." Death and Hades are repeatedly associated in the Book of Revelation.[30]
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by biafranqueen: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
A.Mossley:
kiss
I said under the earth,not on the earth,it's the eternal place of destruction of the devil in the last day after the rapture and not now
now some verses that confirm it that hell is under the earth are: Isaiah 14:9,5:14,14:15,Ezekiel 31:16-17,32:27,Psalms 55:15,86:13,proverbs 7:27,9:18,15:24
some verses that show that hell exists:Matthew 10:28,11:23,18:9,23:33,mark 9:45,luke 10:15.
My own prayer daily is for grace to make heaven,the world is worthless with pains,afflictions,injustice,corruption,crime,wickedness and other evils.life is ephemeral and we're all mortals.so let's make up our minds where to spend eternity:hell or heaven?
Do you people ever wonder why this was not mentioned in the Hebrew or Aramaic versions but added in the King James Version by a King who was looking to keep the masses in fear you people should really do more reading and become scholars of the bible.

1 Like

Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by biafranqueen: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hell and the devil is completely absent from Judaism. And Jesus was a Jew right It is not possible for an angel to rebel(only humans have free will angeles perform tasks) What is generally misinterpreted as hell is the concept of Sheol or Gehinnom. This refers to the burning the soul feels at the heavenly trial after death.

Have you ever been caught doing something and you get embarrassed and your body goes hot oyibo people even turn red. This is what it is talking about.

When you die the good is weighed against all the bad and from that you move on..
Their is no fire and brimstone or eternal damnation and burning fires of hell come on guys you people should focus more on the words of Christ did he tell you that you will burn in hell SMH

Read more folks...
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by biafranqueen: 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
A.Mossley:

well,everything God created was good even lucifer was a glorious angel before his rebellion and fall.He wanted to be God and there was war in heaven,he didn't succeed but was chased out of heaven with one-third of the angels.so thereafter,I want to believe God then created hell as a place of punishment for the devil and his cohorts,that is why he's been trying to populate his own kingdom by luring people to sin and disobey God.from the verses in the bible,hell is under the earth
An Angel does not have a right to choose they are only sent for task only humans can choose. All this devil devil is greek mythology If some one has not lived correctly they are separated from the creator until ready to do the right thing... At the end of the 2nd century Christianity had begun to blend Greek philosophy human speculative reasonings. All these teachings come from Plato the Greek philosopher.

About AD 240 Tertullian of Carthage took up the teaching of an immortal soul. He taught the endless torment of the immortal soul of the wicked. Research it..This came during a time when Christians were being burned for believing so it was easy to incorporate.

This idea started with ancient pagan religions
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by henrychubayo: 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
A.Mossley:
kiss

You are not even sure the location. is there anything like under the earth? Scientist who didn't even believe in God has used microscopic object to confirm that the earth is hanging on nothing which also corresponded with bible that the earth in hanged on nothing (job 26:7). The universe has been explored, yet nothing like Hell fire wen u mention the likes of Venus, mars, Jupiter, earth etc. Think of it, wen the bible called earth as the place Satan was hurled down to, why no mention of hell fire. This hell fire believe is not a bible teaching. All of Jesus stay on earth, he never mentioned hell fire. Why won't the son of God tell us about it if it is truth. WHAT IS GOD HIDING FROM CLEARLY TELLING US THE LOCATION IF IT EXITS?

Wen Adam sin, God clearly told him, from dust you are and to dust you will return. No mention of hell fire.
What the is hell? Hell simply means a grave. it also has other names like HADES; SHEOL all meaning common grave of mankind when you die. Even Jesus went to hell cause he died and was buried in grave or hell. plz use ur King James version to read (Acts 2:31).

All good and bad people goes to hell wen they die which is the common grave of mankind wiating to hear JESUS call or voice to be resurrected to life or judgement. (Read John 5:28,29.)

1 Like

Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by HolyHolla(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2013
Well, I've read many more narratives of people who visited hell and returned to tell the story; many more than from Africans. Here's one trending on NL from a white woman...

https://www.nairaland.com/1420931/compelling-testimony-reality-hell-fire
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by HolyHolla(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2013
50calibre: My question is - why is it that most visions of hell or Divine manifestations are experienced by blacks, and mostly in Africa. Is hell made only for the black man?

African need to wake up from hallucinations.

Well, I've read many more narratives of people who visited hell and returned to tell the story; many more than from Africans. Here's one trending on NL from a white woman...

https://www.nairaland.com/1420931/compelling-testimony-reality-hell-fire
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by gazilion: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
I wish people will believe!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufG6gX-_bg
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by gazilion: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
I wish we can get our priorities right, because we'll all give account one day.
If you miss heaven, you'll wish you were never born!
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by gazilion: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire by dooch(m): 12:09am On Dec 27, 2013
On the whole, Christianity had tend to be better at depicting hell than heaven or any of the other places. The demons and the tortures of hell have an immediacy and richness of texture generally lacking in the corresponding descriptions of heaven, which is most often some vague and ethereal place where angels sit around on clouds playing harps and singing hosannas.
~Carol Neiman and Emily Goldman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures / Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.