Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26275 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Orikinla(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=28pt]Only an abnormal and sick person will want to be forking the anus of another person that he uses for stooling.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
joel lala:

what i can deduct frm hezen lorienne behaviour is that he is having a double conscience thought on this issue..on of the conscience is telling him to actually stop the act and worship God as a straight guy not gay, while the second thought is trying all possible best to twist the scripture and telling him to check various website that actually twisted the word of God to surport being gay in christainity..

@Hez, the only advise i have for u is to geniunely as God to speak to you(make sure u are alone in ur room nd no internet) and u will hear him ..

As for u @writer, stop deceiving ursef, and surrender ur life to christ
_
[size=19pt]
I surrender to no one. Except during sex, in that case I like getting tied up and whipped with leather straps. I also enjoy a bit of watersports.
[/size]
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Orikinla(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Only an abnormal and sick person will want to be forking the anus of another person that he uses for stooling.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
@op ask catholic priests
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by chenu(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
No
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: Tunder fire u!!! U will have a crash and die!!

Yes, and Jesus will happily receive you into his heaven for saying this. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Moyola(f): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
YOU SHALL NOT LIE WITH A MALE AS WITH A WOMAN. IT IS AN ABOMINATION!! LEV 18:22

Let your God be God of the heart. . . not forming "Christianity" status all about when your deed conforms not with God's ordinance.

v43: "IF YOUR HAND CAUSES YOU TO SIN, CUT IT OFF. . ."

v45: "IF YOUR FOOT CAUSES YOU TO SIN, CUT IT OFF. . ."

v47: "AND IF YOUR EYES CAUSES YOU TO SIN, PLUCK IT OUT. IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITH ONE EYE RATHER THAN HAVING TWO EYES, TO BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE-"

uhmmmmnnnn!! he that has ear let him hear. . .

You know it's unacceptable to claim Christianity n yet lie with a MAN as with a WOMAN or perpetrating evil behind closed doors. sad

The Almighty sees you o! Yall know yourselves & HE sure knows the number of your house angry

"FOR IF WE SIN WILLFULLY AFTER WE HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, THERE IS NO LONGER REMAINS FOR SACRIFICE FOR SINS, BUT A CERTAIN FEARFUL EXPECTATION OF JUDGEMENT AND FIERY INDIGNATION. . ." Heb 10:26-27

You may attend every Sunday services, every Bible study seminars, all the night vigils n watch over night services,
your bible may be the biggest, you may give the largest amount of tithe. . . you'll see yourself! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Emmysteve(m): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
[b] kk [b]
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by takeprofit: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Continue to a christian gay ...
Continue to be a christian armed robber...
Continue to be a christian prostitute...
Continue to be a christian anything u can think of...
As long as u can read the bible and the name of Jesus, u can do anything u like..
"U can do all things... U r not under the bondage of the law,but under the freedom of grace"

Anyone u choose... as long as u want to be a christian... then u must leave somethings to be like Christ.
"U must carry ur cross and follow him.... U must put ur neck under his yoke"
As long as u want to be a child of God.
u mus allow him to discipline and correct u by His Word...
if not.. i'm afraid.. u may not have any resemblance to God ur father.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by paris10: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
With all these gay topics spreading up, one can not but think that people are somewhat looking for approval to doing this sh*t.

5 yrs ago, no one dare bring such discussion to the table. But now, people are just looking for all excuses to participate in such immoral act.

Biblical or no biblical, what is immoral is immoral. Common sense should tell you that sleeping with a same sex individual is not natural and defile the original intention of the creator.

Western views and ideals has crept deep into the heart of our youth. Soon, many will resort to putting their sticks in the anus of their wives rather than the usual place.

End tym tins!!!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by TechyGuy: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
No you cannot be BORN AGAIN and GAY, at the same time.
God did not condone it in the old testament(remember Sodom and Gomorrah), He did not in the new, He will not now.
Leviticus 18:
22 No man is to have sexual relations with another man; God hates that.
23 No man or woman is to have sexual relations with an animal; that perversion makes you ritually unclean.
24 Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these acts, for that is how the pagans made themselves unclean, those pagans who lived in the land before you and whom the Lord is driving out so that you can go in.
25 Their actions made the land unclean, and so the Lord is punishing the land and making it reject the people who lived there.
26-27 They did all these disgusting things and made the land unclean, but you must not do them. All of you, whether Israelites or foreigners living with you, must keep the Lord's laws and commands,
28 and then the land will not reject you, as it rejected the pagans who lived there before you.
29 You know that whoever does any of these disgusting things will no longer be considered one of God's people.

1st Corinthians 6:
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,
10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Adanyebe(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes naaaaa.... Rember the world started with

Adam and StEve
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by OG1BABY(f): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: this is a very big lie.

Love your comment though.the points you noted will be in the part2 the following sunday.

pls was nt true abt wat Enegod said? angry
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
No because in the first place is unchristian to be Gay.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by pongwa(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
gay thread
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Sability(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
I had wanted to reply the op but so much has been said and my heart has been spoken . But the op must know this You cannot be a christian (born again) and yet be gay.Shikena.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by ogonogo: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
First of all, the only person who can judge you and your character is God. So, I am pretty sure nobody on this message board has the authority to label you a Christian or not.

Secondly, we are all sinners. Each and every one of us. So, I don't know why some people like to make one sin worse than the other, sin na sin.

I have one last thing to tell you. In the bible, it says, we should not have sex out of wedlock, abi? So, how does that work for gays? I guess if you go to America and are in one of the few states that allow gay marriage, it would work for you, but, in Nigeria?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by stagger: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Christian and gay...what a deception. Hahahahaha. Some people make me laugh.
Yet the same bible said in Leviticus 20 verse 13:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is abominable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Glad that our brothers in East Africa are carrying out this sentence prescribed by God Himself without fear or favour. I will not go into what the new testament said about homosexuals and what their fate will be. It has been quoted severally.

So OP, keep on living in deception. Pray hard you do not find yourself in Uganda. You will not live for long if you keep professing this BS.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by OG1BABY(f): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
paris10: With all these gay topics spreading up, one can not but think that people are somewhat looking for approval to doing this sh*t.

5 yrs ago, no one dare bring such discussion to the table. But now, people are just looking for all excuses to participate in such immoral act.

Biblical or no biblical, what is immoral is immoral. Common sense should tell you that sleeping with a same sex individual is not natural and defile the original intention of the creator.

Western views and ideals has crept deep into the heart of our youth. Soon, many resort putting in the anus of their wives rather than the usual place.

End tym tins!!!

very much on point, End Tym Tins.
God help us all.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by quickygirl(f): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
yes you can be a christian and be happy

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
An interesting question, Hezron Lorraine. It does have merit in today's reality. The question is very like "can one be a Christian and be heterosexual?" Or like "can one be a Christian and feel desire?" Obviously one can. The trouble is with what one does with the desire they have.

I'll break a rule of mine, partly because the info I'm giving here is already on NL, to help clarify my answer. I'm a Christian and I still find women veeeeery attractive. I still find the desire to bed every hottie that happens along there. Some days - fewer nowadays in fact - the desire is almost overwhelming, other days it's like a dull awareness, yet other days it's hardly there at all. But, that I feel the hunger to be promiscuous has not made me less a Christian. What would destroy the Work of Christ unto Salvation in me would be my indulging this desire, my feeding this hunger. Believe me, many times I would rather just go out and hunt and take down one or two hotties, but I don't. Why not? Not merely because I shouldn't, but because I find a real desire opposing the one for the luscious females I see every fricking day.

Each time that I do not indulge that desire to be promiscuous, the desire to be chaste grows stronger. I literally change. I kid you not, my brother. It is the very meaning of the Scripture that tells us that we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. The Lord is working to make us exactly like Jesus Christ the Righteous Man. We, by virtue of being born.of the Spirit, already possess the seed of His Nature. The task of the Spirit of God is to grow that Seed into the Mighty Tree that fills every part of our lives pushing out all the filth and corruption of our Adamic nature and producing abiding fruit unto the Glory of God the Father. And He fulfills that task by everytime enabling us to say No to our natural desires that are contra Christ and yes to all that is Christ.

So yes, one can be a Christian and still possess a physical body with sexual desires for its own gender. Homosexuality is no more a perversion than covetuousness or greed or pride or promiscuity. But the Christian is the one who "keep[s] under [his] body, and bring[s] it into subjection", I'm sure you know to Whom.

I have deliberately answered the question in your title and ignored the op. I did read it , the op, that is, but the errors in it are, well, too obvious for any special attention. For example, that we each have an individual walk with God is only one part of the truth, we also together have a collective walk with God. We are responsible to God for one another. This race that we run is not the one where the one who gets there first wins the prize, it's the one where the one who gets there first must answer for the others yet to arrive: there is no prize until we all get home.

Another example: we can never lose our salvation. Of course we can't but would you say one is saved from sin if they are still insistent on remaining enslaved to it? What is salvation butbeing lifted above the corruption of sin in our mortal nature? So that one has been saved and can never become unsaved is no reason whatsoever to say that we may yet abide in sin. We literally cannot continue in sin when we have been saved, we will find it impossible to.

Finding an accommodating church? Well, ther were churches that became accommodating of all manner of things for whom our dear Lord had some very frightening things to say in Revelation. You could look for yourself in the first three chapters of the book. Remember Who it was that was speaking before attempting to dismiss anything He said there. No Christian is ever comfortable with having his sin accommodated. Ever! We Christians have a longing for judgment and a strong phobia for iniquity.

To every struggling lesbian and homosexual out there, we live in a world fraught with corruption and perversion, but we need not give ourselves up to it. What we need desperately to do is to bring our struggle to Christ. There is real, very real power in the Name of Jesus, real salvation in His shed blood. You are not told to fight alone, to "repress" yourself, you are offered power, just like everyone else is, to take control of your desires - to rein them in and bring them into the service of the Lord Christ. It is not an impossible job or one that you must do alone. Around the world are millions who are in the same fight as you. And each time we touch as we're doing now we get a good deal stronger and win an even bigger battle than the last.

God's Grace be with all God's Children.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: Tunder fire u!!! U will have a crash and die!!
the irony...the hypocrisy...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by emmyw(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Evil
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Youngzedd(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
joel lala: @OP, sorry but you cant be a christain( or else maybe by mouth) and still be gay.

What has the act of darkness have to do with light

no vex but i leave you with these verses.

Kindly ponder on them okay:

Romans 1:21-32:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Also,

1 Kings 14:24:

'There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites'

To crown it up read,

1 Corinthians 6:9

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality':

The sad thing is that gays, lesbians and all forms of homosexuals know about all these verses..they know that God does not like that act of homosexuality but they are looking for all means to hide themselves from their shameful acts, now they want to hide their acts in the disguise of being christains.

I want you to know that i can not force you to change your acts but only you can make that bold steps by yourself.

Always remember that God loves you..wink

+1000
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Branzy(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote
author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote] oga if person fit b gay @ same time
christain xo person fit b theif, fornicator or maybe mudrer and same
time christain if u see white call am white no be black o, who b gay
when 1 become christain d person nid to fight d eveil spirit of homo
sexuality...... Omo no mistake christainity for a beliver.....person fit
belive in Jesus but no be christain.......christain na christ lyk.....
I rest my case
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
a true christian is one with the knowledge of christ's teachings and strives to subdue the desires of the flesh,so as to abide by it.

Sin is sin,even a fornicator is as guilty as the gay.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Youngzedd(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
stagger: Christian and gay...what a deception. Hahahahaha. Some people make me laugh.
Yet the same bible said in Leviticus 20 verse 13:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is abominable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Glad that our brothers in East Africa are carrying out this sentence prescribed by God Himself without fear or favour. I will not go into what the new testament said about homosexuals and what their fate will be. It has been quoted severally.

So OP, keep on living in deception. Pray hard you do not find yourself in Uganda. You will not live for long if you keep professing this BS.

+1000

People now hide abomination under being a Christian.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ihedinobi: An interesting question, Hezron Lorraine. It does have merit in today's reality. The question is very like "can one be a Christian and be heterosexual?" Or like "can one be a Christian and feel desire?" Obviously one can. The trouble is with what one does with the desire they have.

I'll break a rule of mine, partly because the info I'm giving here is already on NL, to help clarify my answer. I'm a Christian and I still find women veeeeery attractive. I still find the desire to bed every hottie that happens along there. Some days - fewer nowadays in fact - the desire is almost overwhelming, other days it's like a dull awareness, yet other days it's hardly there at all. But, that I feel the hunger to be promiscuous has not made me less a Christian. What would destroy the Work of Christ unto Salvation in me would be my indulging this desire, my feeding this hunger. Believe me, many times I would rather just go out and hunt and take down one or two hotties, but I don't. Why not? Not merely because I shouldn't, but because I find a real desire opposing the one for the luscious females I see every fricking day.

Each time that I do not indulge that desire to be promiscuous, the desire to be chaste grows stronger. I literally change. I kid you not, my brother. It is the very meaning of the Scripture that tells us that we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. The Lord is working to make us exactly like Jesus Christ the Righteous Man. We, by virtue of being born.of the Spirit, already possess the seed of His Nature. The task of the Spirit of God is to grow that Seed into the Mighty Tree that fills every part of our lives pushing out all the filth and corruption of our Adamic nature and producing abiding fruit unto the Glory of God the Father. And He fulfills that task by everytime enabling us to say No to our natural desires that are contra Christ and yes to all that is Christ.

So yes, one can be a Christian and still possess a physical body with sexual desires for its own gender. Homosexuality is no more a perversion than covetuousness or greed or pride or promiscuity. But the Christian is the one who "keep[s] under [his] body, and bring[s] it into subjection", I'm sure you know to Whom.

I have deliberately answered the question in your title and ignored the op. I did read it , the op, that is, but the errors in it are, well, too obvious for any special attention. For example, that we each have an individual walk with God is only one part of the truth, we also together have a collective walk with God. We are responsible to God for one another. This race that we run is not the one where the one who gets there first wins the prize, it's the one where the one who gets there first must answer for the others yet to arrive: there is no prize until we all get home.

Another example: we can never lose our salvation. Of course we can't but would you say one is saved from sin if they are still insistent on remaining enslaved to it? What is salvation butbeing lifted above the corruption of sin in our mortal nature? So that one has been saved and can never become unsaved is no reason whatsoever to say that we may yet abide in sin. We literally cannot continue in sin when we have been saved, we will find it impossible to.

Finding an accommodating church? Well, ther were churches that became accommodating of all manner of things for whom our dear Lord had some very frightening things to say in Revelation. You could look for yourself in the first three chapters of the book. Remember Who it was that was speaking before attempting to dismiss anything He said there. No Christian is ever comfortable with having his sin accommodated. Ever! We Christians have a longing for judgment and a strong phobia for iniquity.

To every struggling lesbian and homosexual out there, we live in a world fraught with corruption and perversion, but we need not give ourselves up to it. What we need desperately to do is to bring our struggle to Christ. There is real, very real power in the Name of Jesus, real salvation in His shed blood. You are not told to fight alone, to "repress" yourself, you are offered power, just like everyone else is, to take control of your desires - to rein them in and bring them into the service of the Lord Christ. It is not an impossible job or one that you must do alone. Around the world are millions who are in the same fight as you. And each time we touch as we're doing now we get a good deal stronger and win an even bigger battle than the last.

God's Grace be with all God's Children.
this is love. This post is advising and edifying and correcting in love. This is justified, according to God's word.
Let God's word be real in our lives. Let us practice truth and walk in love.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
Leviticus chp 20vs 13
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
In addition to my earlier post, Let us rely on that power that was put in us when our natures were changed as we received Christ. Let us trust in Gods power to live above sin. Let us walk in it.
This is my signature:
For the power of the life-giving spirit of Christ(and this power is mine through christ Jesus) has SET ME FREE from the vicious circle of sin and death.
Romans 8:2

trust living God. Walk in his word.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
The @OP's question is funny. It is the same as saying, can you be a Christian and a sinner at the same time? really funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Bishop Oyedepo Spits Fire, Lays Curse On Killers / Prophet Uebert Angel Buys Can-Am For Himself / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.