Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26308 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Orikinla(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=28pt] No.
You cannot be a true Christian and continue to romance the devil.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Movingcoil: and op may Jesus flush ur sense of reasoning with apiti water and may you wallow in stup!doty

Here is someone (a Christian) cursing down fire and brimstone on someone else, while another (the OP) is trying to be a good Christian, despite his sexuality.

There are just some religious complications I just can't deal with.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by 247notire(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
If Christianity's abt being Christ like,and Christ waznt gay,wtf u talkin bout?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
iboman:

I don't think it's a lie. First and foremost, accepting homosexuality as a way of life is contrary to God's purpose for creating them "male and female", not "male and male". Secondly, once you accept the homosexual way of life, there's no sin factor again...bla bla bla
_

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS, PEOPLE!!! GOD DID NOT CREATE ANYTHING. THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Klinee: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Dis OP is an evil and every gay stories here is posted by him. I am sure he is one of the mod. And who is the owner of this site? police shuld arrest him. Gay is a criminal offense here in nigeria but this guy allow this evil-people to promote this evil here. Am tired of this gay stories everyday. The owner of this site should do something or else....!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Akshow: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hypocrisy is all I can say#double standard#

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by demelza: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: Dis OP is an evil and every gay stories here is posted by him. I am sure he is one of the mod. And who is the owner of this site? police shuld arrest him. Gay is a criminal offense here in nigeria but this guy allow this evil-people to promote this evil here. Am tired of this gay stories everyday. The owner of this site should do something or else....!
There are a thousand and one stories on nairaland, why click on only the gay ones?
And stop your e-bragging, we both know you cant do zilch.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by vedaxcool(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: Dis OP is an evil and every gay stories here is posted by him. I am sure he is one of the mod. And who is the owner of this site? police shuld arrest him. Gay is a criminal offense here in nigeria but this guy allow this evil-people to promote this evil here. Am tired of this gay stories everyday. The owner of this site should do something or else....!

grin grin grin roflmao
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
_
[size=19pt]
If not because of the Great FSM, I'd have visited you tonight and raped your bum sore.
[/size]
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Let's clear the air on some misconceptions mostly relating to the sodom and gommorah story.feel free to prove me wrong.Thanks.
Hezron Lorraine: [b]Genesis made you know that,the Angels visited
Abraham and foretold of their
destruction.Abraham interceeded on behalf of the
inahabitants of the cities but God had made up his
mind to carry out the plan as he alone could see
the heart of the people of Sodom and
Gommarah.Abraham begged God to spare the
city,cause there might be those who don't share in
their wickedness.unfortunately non but Lot.you
were made to understand at that point that
Sodom and Gommarah were to be destroyed
cause of wickedness.

Off the Angels went.they met Lot,note:the bible
clearly stated hoe he welcomed them,offered
them protection,food and shelter,the angels
inisted on doing some Heavenly CIA intelligence
gathering on the streets of the city to justify God's
already laid down plan.Lot protested against them
moving in the city,cause he knew they wouldn't be
welcomed and what they would see would be sore
to their eyes.at that point,it wasn't clear,what
exactly was the evil.the men of Sodom practiced.
Not too long in Lot's house came the night hawks
of Sodom,banging at the doors of Lot to bring out
the men in his home so they may know them,that
is have se.xual intercourse with them.we were
made to know how Lot pleaded that the men defile
his daughters intstead of carrying out the gang
ra.pe on the men.

At this junction,Lot's authority was questioned.his
place in a foreign city was abused,he was
reminded that he was an alien and couldn't
dictate to them what to do.before the men could
take force of the house,the Angels took charge and
struck them all blind.they immediately ushered
Lot and his family out of the city woth instructions
not to look back at the city when the annihilation
begins.they did as instructed and left.the bible
made us know fire and sulphur crushed the city
and Lot's wife looked behind and became a pillar
of salt.

Then,further prophet Ezekiel made some
explanations in the book of Ezekiel 16:46-50.from
there we can see both cities as very rich and
powerful,blessed in abundance.clearly,this made
Lot settle in there.we were made to know also that
they didn't lift up the poor or helped the
helpless.we remember the attempted gang
molestation which shows a sign of in-hospitality
by the inhabitants of the cities.they didn't
welcome strangers in their midst.also it showed
tendencies of Sodom and Gommarah being an
idolatrized society.
Ezekiel noted that they committed abomination
b4 God,without laying emphasis on what could be
the specific abomination,was it their in-hospitality
and intolerance or that the men truely engaged in
homsexual practices and we're wiped off becuase
of it.

New testament,we have Jesus.the right hand of
God.when he sent his disciples on a mission,he
charged them on what to do,they were to bless
and remain only in the cities and homes that
welcomed them and catered for their needs for
those will reap great from God.he made remarks
that whatever city that didn't receive them would
face the type of judgement that the people of
Sodomand Gommarah encountered.
In condemnation of in-hospitality,Jesus made
refernce to the two cities.we were made to know
that Jesus made no plain remarks in
condemnation of homosexuality,but always
preached love and tolerance.

It is safe to say,th cities were not judged because
of homosexuality,but because of in-
hospiatily,oppression of the poor and most likey
idolatary.though there's still benefit of doubt that
homosexuality could have been inclusive.but the
coming of christ was the answer to most myth
about the old testament,Jesus didn't concenterate
for once his message on homosexuality.
I may be wrong to some extent but these are
unbiased analysis of this particular issue[/b].

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
ABOMINATION is indeed a strong word...imagine GOD Himself who is LOVE, using that word in description of the act and those who practise it... HOMOSEXUALITY is a SIN, moreso, it is an abomination. Now GOD in His Love is gently pleading for us all to repent and turn away from our evil ways..there will be a day for Him to mete out His judgement. If He didnt spare sodom & gomorrah for the same act, He aint gonna spare this generation + anyone who engages in such else sodom and gomorrah would stand justified. GOD's Loving arms are wide open to receive whosover will receive Him,walk in His ways...He will forgive,cleanse and make you whole again..open your heart while there is still mercy,before the mercy seat turn to the Judgement Throne..why must you perish?why?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Onliie(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]Looks like you're trying to twist the bible to help your argument.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
It's a sin to have sex with someone of the same sex, same way that it's a sin to have sex with someone thats not your husband or wife. Sin is sin, even the smallest sin is a rebellion against God, so going by that logic none of us can be 'Christians'.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by okejibaba: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
this is pure hypocrisy
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Deiok(m): 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
No that is impossible. Is like you saying an orange tree is a reptile.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2013

Or else what? you turn gay? Doesn't work that way sir.

I've told you to stop smoking that stuff before you log on to NL.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Let's clear the air on some misconceptions mostly relating to the sodom and gommorah story.feel free to prove me wrong.Thanks.
_
[size=19pt]
Hez you're trying too hard. Stop.
I believe you can be a good person, nay, a GREAT person, without religion. So fûçk them and go be a star!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by trappatoni(m): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
The Writer: [size=19pt]
NO! Simple as that! The entirety of the Christian doctrine is designed to be anti-gay. I don't know about you, but if I were gay, I wouldn't go to a place that does not want me and whose members actively try to burn me at the stake.
:
@Hez you can try my church: The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Hail Macaroni!
[/size]
are you morphine induced

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
trappatoni: are you morphine induced
_
[size=19pt]
No, I simply came to spread the good news of Lord FSM! Hail Macaroni!
[/size]
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
The bible is really clear about this one. No rationalization needed.
It's like someone trying to rationalize sleeping with prostitutes because he was "born to sleep with as many women as possible" (I'm sure a lot of people use this one already). We are all born with a sex drive, but it is how we control it and align it appropriately and render our bodies back to God as a living sacrifice that shows the measure of our mettle.

We all have our challenges...but they are to be overcome, not rationalized. If we had no challenges, we would not be worthy of the term "more than conquerors", because then that would just be by mouth (like the way most of us use phrases from the bible as powerless cliches).

Overcoming these challenges proves to yourself that, with the help of God's resources, you have the "stuff" to do what is right and proper in the eyes of God. Every challenge put in our life to be overcome is but preparation for what our maker has planned for us in the life hereafter.

We all have our fights, but don't try to find reasons as to why it would be a good idea to lose that fight....that would be defeatism.

Much love brother.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dozieo(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Being gay has know relationship with being a christian,you can not serve God and mammon at the same time,now look back to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah[color=#990000][/color],those men in that country after lot had offered them his daughters even insisted that he should bring out the men that visited him that they might sleep with them,when you go against God's laws you cannot be His child,you can't disobey His holy laws and expect to answer christian,ignorance is not an excuse,and know it now God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve,God would have said anyone can sleep with anyone,so going against the laws He set is a sin and you need to repent and come back to Him after forsaking your evil ways or He will destroy you!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
I wonder how much Seun has been paid to propagate this gay agenda. Lots of pro gay topics making it to the front page recently
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by s3nn2x(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Okay let me say this, I know there are different ways one can become gay, one can be influenced, which happens to be the majority and some just discovered that they liked same sex.

I don't have anything against gay peeps, but I have an issue with the way they are trying to force down on others.

Having read through this post from the beginning I can say that it is possible to be gay and still be a Christian.

There are 2 types of gays, passive and active.

The active ones are the ones that are involved in it, they have accepted and embraced it and they believe that there is nothing wrong with it.

While the passive ones are the ones that are attracted to same sex but they don't practice it. They try everything to change and they keep on praying.

The passive gays are actually dangerous, because if they don't succeed in changing, they will get married and have a very unhappy marriage, it is people like this that rape young children.

In fact, this issue pass me ooo. It is not easy being gay, and it is not easy to live a fake life, because whether we like it or not, there are more gays that are in their closet than those that are out. It could be a friend, husband, brother, cousin or even father.

As far as nobody is being raped or harmed, I believe the gay peeps should be left alone and let God be the judge. You can advise but not judge.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=247notire]If Christianity's abt being Christ like,and Christ waznt gay,wtf u talkin bout...it beats me! like someone aptly pointed out, its like saying godly atheist....confusion,eh?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
The Writer:
_
[size=19pt]
Hez you're trying too hard. Stop.
I believe you can be a good person, nay, a GREAT person, without religion. So fûçk them and go be a star!
[/size]

what i can deduct frm hezen lorienne behaviour is that he is having a double conscience thought on this issue..on of the conscience is telling him to actually stop the act and worship God as a straight guy not gay, while the second thought is trying all possible best to twist the scripture and telling him to check various website that actually twisted the word of God to surport being gay in christainity..

@Hez, the only advise i have for u is to geniunely as God to speak to you(make sure u are alone in ur room nd no internet) and u will hear him ..

As for u @writer, stop deceiving ursef, and surrender ur life to christ
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by mcmaurice20(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
That you are a gay doesnt mean u are not a christian..both of them are two different things...but christianity demand walking out of sin and not living in sin...so u can be battling with ur weakness while servin ur God..but how fast cos nbody knw wen d end wil come...if not gayism, we all av one sin or the other we engage on.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
eya sori. Just commit suicide and die! Is it too much?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bullshit! Can u be black and live white. If they are homo's why seek to adopt kids from hetrosexual means. Russia, way to go on this issue. Nice stand.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Allenkee: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
ibkaye: It's a sin to have sex with someone of the same sex, same way that it's a sin to have sex with someone thats not your husband or wife. Sin is sin, even the smallest sin is a rebellion against God, so going by that logic none of us can be 'Christians'.

"None of us can be Christian"!
Can you please explain yourself and why not speak for youself? Stop generalizing speak for yourself, you know what you do in secret that does not mean everybody do what you do.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
The Writer:
_
[size=19pt]
If not because of the Great FSM, I'd have visited you tonight and raped your bum sore.
[/size]
faints# shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Don’t Cheat On Her / 7 Things Killing Your Prayer Life. / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.