Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis (24334 Views)

Saraki, Dogara, Atiku, Others Will Soon Return To PDP – Nnaji / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / President Jonathan, IBB & Atiku Begs Obasanjo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has summoned a meeting of some of the founding members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to brainstorm on the festering crisis in the party, eventually culminating in its breakup on Saturday.

Among those expected at the meeting slated for Thursday in Abuja, are former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme; a former national chairman of the party, Chief Solomon Lar; former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who is the rallying point of the breakaway group, known as New PDP.

The New PDP also comprises, among others, Governors Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Sule Lamido (Jigawa) and Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto).

But in its comment of the faction, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, said the party would not comment on the fate of the seven governors that stormed out of the just-concluded special national convention to form a parallel party, stating that consultations were ongoing to resolve the misunderstanding in the party.

THISDAY gathered that the inconclusive outcome of the Sunday meeting summoned by President Goodluck Jonathan to discuss the problems affecting the party informed the decision by Obasanjo to summon a meeting of all the elders of the party to find an amicable resolution of the crisis in the PDP.

According to a source, “Those invited to attend the meeting are a former Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme; former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; a former national chairman of the party, Chief Solomon Lar; former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser, General Aliyu Gusau (rtd); and other elders of the party.”

The source said the party elders and founding members at the meeting would discuss the grievances of the seven governors and others that walked out of the special national convention and find a way to address them.

After the Sunday meeting with Jonathan, which ended at 2.05 am Monday, Chairman, PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Tony Anenih, had read the communiqué of the meeting, which said the meeting made appreciable progress in resolving the crisis in the party.

“This evening, Mr. President, the leadership of the party and the PDP governors met today, September 1, to discuss the incident that occurred during the PDP special convention on August 31, 2013 whereby some state delegations walked out of the convention ground to announce a faction of the party.

“The meeting was smooth and encouraging and the discussions will continue on Tuesday, when all the aggrieved governors will attend,” he said.

Meanwhile, the new PDP National Working Committee (NWC) Monday held its inaugural meeting, stating that the party was still consulting on how to find an amicable solution to the crisis that had torn it apart.

Metuh, who spoke on behalf of the party, said: “Consultations are going on at the highest level of this party; the president, national chairman of our party, chairman board of trustees, PDP governors are meeting on this and their discussions so far have been very encouraging.

“At the appropriate time, we will communicate to the media the decisions they have reached. The meeting is continuing on Tuesday (today) and once the meeting is over, whatever the outcome is, we will communicate immediately to the press and we will inform you the reasons behind the decisions."

On the impasse over the fitness of Taraba State Governor, Mr. Danbaba Suntai’s resumption of duty, Metuh said it was not discussed at the NWC meeting, explaining that he would consult with the national chairman and report back to the press.

On why the party’s acting National Secretary, Dr. Aderemi Akintoye, was still in office despite the conclusion of the convention, Metuh said: “Do we have a substantive secretary from the South-west? My answer is no.”
In a related development, Special Adviser to the President on Political Affairs, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak, has faulted the involvement of Atiku in the breakup of the PDP.

According to him, Atiku should be protecting the party, which gave him many opportunities.

Gulak told State House correspondents Monday that as a politician, Atiku should acknowledge the uniqueness of the ruling party, which he abandoned at a point in his career but also ran back to at some point.

He said: “Atiku should be grateful to PDP. Atiku is indebted to PDP and the best way to continue to pay the debt is to protect PDP.”

Nonetheless, he expressed optimism that the party would be re-unified once the stakeholders conclude their dialogue.
Reacting to Gulak’s comment, Atiku’s media aide, Alhaji Garba Shehu, said: “I just spoke with the former vice-president and his response is that he has heard Mr. Gulak and does not dispute the fact that he is indebted to the PDP.”

He said his principal added that the best way to continue to pay that debt is to protect PDP, quoting Atiku as stating “that is exactly what I am doing: Protecting the PDP.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-invites-ekwueme-lar-ibb-atiku-others-over-pdp-crisis/158021/
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Emperor007: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
Interesting ...

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
ASUU is still on strike and these Old Fools are summoning meeting every day to resolve PDP crises? What a sick country!! angry

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by eagleeye2: 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others over PDP Crisis

03 Sep 2013

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has summoned a meeting of some of the founding members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to brainstorm on the festering crisis in the party, eventually culminating in its breakup on Saturday.

Among those expected at the meeting slated for Thursday in Abuja, are former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme; a former national chairman of the party, Chief Solomon Lar; former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who is the rallying point of the breakaway group, known as New PDP.

According to a source, “Those invited to attend the meeting are a former Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme; former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; a former national chairman of the party, Chief Solomon Lar; former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser, General Aliyu Gusau (rtd); and other elders of the party.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-invites-ekwueme-lar-ibb-atiku-others-over-pdp-crisis/158021/

After using these ones now, PDP will dump them untill another election time.
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Evyuc(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
I' m just an observant of d events created by nigerian politicians with keen interest to observe. coolI' m just an observant of d events created by nigerian politicians with keen interest to observe.
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by donjazet(m): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
OBJ!!!! Ur will always will relevant in nigerian politics
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by TVTKOKO(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
Meeting of thieves mtcheeeeeeeew!
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by pesty100(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Grand theft auto naija edition
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Big4wig(m): 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oga OBJ as long as ASUU is still on STRIKE,if you like invite BILL GATE or DANGOTE...& with all due RESPECT sir,I DoN'T CARE

*plugs in earpiece #Skelewu tins*

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Built2last: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
2015 will be interesting......this i can promise you and it wont be the end of time yet
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by zuggy: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
In what capacity is he summoning this meeting
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by texaco1: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
cheesy
All will be well. no shaking.
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by priscaoge(f): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hehehehehe..I pray this politicians don't Bomb Nigeria oooooo. PDP is in hot soup,no where 2 go.They are now a confused family*Still observing shaaaaa*(Keke pls come and take mi 2 Ghana)
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Eyes are watching and 2015 is getting more interesting by the day . . Lemme get some nice chilled cup of wine and fat Cigar on a lazy boy chair and see how it played out
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
The real and true owners are stepping in to rescue the useless party...while the opportunists and AGIP take the back seat.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Youngtekkey(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
let the drama begin,we will surely see the end
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Korrection(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
End time is here..
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
zuggy: In what capacity is he summoning this meeting
PDP elder. lol
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by nerodenero: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
There is no ending to the crisis rocking PDP. They have overstayed and nothing to show for the years spent at the top. OBJ and others are just wasting their time. The end is near for PDP.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
nerodenero: There is no ending to the crisis rocking PDP. They have overstayed and nothing to show for the years spent at the top. OBJ and others are just wasting their time. The end is near for PDP.
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by GenWOJUOLA(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
The heat too much for jona, baba has to take over, more over he alone has atikus medicine...
Make i join dem to say...

...... End tym tinzzz
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Spacodinho(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pdp crises has droped ASUU strike down the perking order. God help us
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by PStacks(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
I tot OBJ was no longer relevant..

Somebody pls remind me again!

Who's the Sitting President of Nigeria? GEJ or OBJ.. I want to know.

Omode o le moh ekor je koma yi lowoh.

He has messed it up now its OBJ they are chasing to come and fix it.. I tot there was even a "Mr Fix it" bunch of Jokerz.

I like OBJ sha, he would play his part but I love him because he "NEVER Forgives"

Who's heard that Ricky Ross's Album?
God Forgives.. I don't.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by kennyonthrone(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
End tym politicians
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by abu0710102013: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
There is no sweet scene as watching nigerian politicians looking for shelter after a heavy rain
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Cmoyor: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
Wen d goin gets tough, d tough gets in..... Baba Obj i hail ooo!!!
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by timilehin007(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
Agbayas dem...old fools holding a thiefry meeting
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
P.Stacks:
I tot OBJ was no longer relevant..

Somebody pls remind me again!

Who's the Sitting President of Nigeria? GEJ or OBJ.. I want to know.

Omode o le moh ekor je koma yi lowoh.

He has messed it up now its OBJ they are chasing to come and fix it.. I tot there was even a "Mr Fix it" bunch of Jokerz.

I like OBJ sha, he would play his part but I love him because he "NEVER Forgives"

Who's heard that Ricky Ross's Album?
God Forgives.. I don't.
Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Fazhy: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
TVT KOKO: Meeting of thieves mtcheeeeeeeew!

You mean of leaders.

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by abu0710102013: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
There is no sweet scene like watching nigerian politicians looking for shelter after a heavy down pour

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Am sure the mumu, Ekwueme will go as usual and later be put behind at the back chair. Na only wen problem dey, dem go call but wen e reach to get benefits, dey go dump am. My anger is dat upon dat, he still dey follow dem, MUMU

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Invites Ekwueme, Lar, IBB, Atiku, Others Over PDP Crisis by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
i just dey sip my asoki dey watch dat PDP pepul, if u call am "Papa Deceive's Pikin" pepul...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Did Not Pick Aluko As My Cos - Fayose / Police Officers Label Man A Fraudster, Withdraw All His Money With POS In Enugu / David Hundeyin Calls Out Web Developer, Accuses Her Of Running Fake News Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.